• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confronting the Darkness! (869)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Alexa's sub-plot with Limone just seems like the same superhero cliche: ace reporter tries to track down mysterious superhero who's actually her friend.

Surprise Ending: Clemont and Bonnie get a new mommy.

Last edited:

Viex

For an episode before a gym battle the animation was actually okay. A lot of characters in one episode. I liked the concept of the episode but they could have done more.

DotKU

Champion
Alexa's role was very unnecessary tbh. I liked Belmondo and I think the voice actor was pretty good for him. The battle with Heliolisk didnt exactly give me the impression of it being very strong. Over all it was okay, but this episode shows how unfit Officer Jenny is for her job.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Alexa's role was very unnecessary tbh. I liked Belmondo and I think the voice actor was pretty good for him. The battle with Heliolisk didnt exactly give me the impression of it being very strong. Over all it was okay, but this episode shows how unfit Officer Jenny is for her job.
That's blasphemy and you know it, bae Alexa is never unnecessary.
Though for real, pretty much my thoughts on the episode. At least Alexa is on Blaziken Mask's trail.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
That's blasphemy and you know it, bae Alexa is never unnecessary.
Though for real, pretty much my thoughts on the episode. At least Alexa is on Blaziken Mask's trail.

Since we're left with one Lumiose episode left, I don't think she'll get anywhere for a loooooooong time.

Maybe until Ash eventually has to take a long boring filler boat trip plane and the Lemon Children find out their father is Batman and has somehow kept raising a little chic and gained a Mega Stone from practically out of nowhere in secret.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I wonder why nobody noticed that "Blaziken Mask" called Ash and Clemont by name, even though they never officially met or exchanged names. Especially Alexa, who is (from what I've seen in XY, never really watched Unova) an investigative reporter. It's her job to notice things like that...

They did (or, they asked how he knew about their upcoming Gym battle), his explanation was that he knows everything that goes on in the city.

K.N.

this episode shows how unfit Officer Jenny is for her job.

They've been showing that every single series. I think as far as XY goes the best one is still the second episode where Ash trying to stop Garchomp is all over the news and there's still not a single police officer in sight.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I'm interested in Bonnie and Clemont's interaction upon first reuniting. Can anyone confirm what Bonnie was saying while doing her whole "down on one knee" thing?

If I did episode scoring, then this episode would gets points deducted for the whole "Clemont, look at this Goodra I could've surprised you with mid-battle, but instead decided to blab about!".. More points would be deducted due to Alexa doing absolutely jack squat, Helioptile not even making a noise (as far as I remember) and Meyer's Blaziken being relegated to 'balloon popper'.. Final deductions would be due to the simple fact that I didn't like the antagonist. I would've given a huge high-five to Team Rocket if they had managed to create Black Clembot and gained the usage of Magneton/zone for their plans, but instead they were stuck with a giant magnet that literally did nothing other than hold the robots for a minute or so..

I usually find the positives in episodes, but this was poor.. very poor..

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
The only subplot that seemed interesting was Alexa trying to figure out Blaziken Mask's identity. I kinda ship them.

Supersonicbro

I'm interested in Bonnie and Clemont's interaction upon first reuniting. Can anyone confirm what Bonnie was saying while doing her whole "down on one knee" thing?

I think she was talking about ellie/ellena (or whatever her name is if i got it wrong)

And I like how they did keep that in mind to have bonnie mention that, the fact that she remembered out of all girls and that she might have told him in hopes that they would meet her again, makes me feel like they might actually go that route and maybe have her be the girl bonnie is stuck on for him.

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review:

Pros:

* Citroid's expressions
* Meyer +1
* Citroid's aerial kick on Black Citroid
* Robot duel
* Alexa chasing Blaziken Mask

Cons:

* C'mon, why reveal the Barney? Why not show Clemont adapting to a threat during the gym battle?
* Maniacal mad scientist gets defeated easily
* TR being in this episode
* Blaziken Mask being left to pop the balloon
* Nothing really happens here...?

Thoughts:

* So much for having a dedicated Clemont arc before his gym. Something where he continues to develop his inner strength and courage by working alongside his dad (secretly) disguised as Blaziken Mask to take down Malamar gangsters or TF operatives.

2.5/10

Last edited:

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Not much glory for Blaziken man or Team rocket but at least TR got to say their motto.

The battle between robots was tough to watch. On one hand, I did not want Magneton to lose but I also wanted Clembot to win. Go Magneton!

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Okay, never mind. That evil scientist was the most poorly conceived villain ever. He was extremely narmy with his intentions to build the best robot in history and was...randomly causing chaos for no real reason (they never explained why, right?) and why even do that in a women's clothing store? The robot was clearly emulating him, so he was no doubt a psycho pervert on top of that.

Blaziken Mask, or rather the Lumiose siblings' dad, just made himself appear cheesier and less imposing to me that I can't take him seriously. Where did that Ampharos go?

Is the dub allowed to use the word "sin" so simply like that?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Whoever that was that provided the voice for Belmondo all I gotta say is awesome performance dude!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The one thing I still don't get about this episode is why did Officer Jenny arrest Clembot in the first place? Why didn't she just arrest Clemont since he was the one who created Clembot?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The one thing I still don't get about this episode is why did Officer Jenny arrest Clembot in the first place? Why didn't she just arrest Clemont since he was the one who created Clembot?

The bot committed the crime not the creator.

Well technically not the creator.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
This episode was as awful dubbed as it was raw..

I daren't say much more than that, because the sheer amount of negativity that I hold inside me regarding this episode will likely get me in heaps of trouble..