• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confused about Confusion

It hurt itself in its confusion!

The pokemons confused and hurts itself instead of the opponent lol. Probably punches itself or something.

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
It's so confused that it attacks himself
^^

QuailMan

Carpe Jugulum
It doesn't know where it's opponent is, so it runs around trying to find it, or attacking wildly, and it hits a rock or trips or something.

aerisLana

i cannot believe
It could have bumped its head onto the wall. It reminded me of Grovyle in the episode "Eight Ain't Enough". =P

Profesco

gone gently
The Pokemon is flailing in its confusion. Beside smacking into walls or tripping, it is probably very unaware of its body and its movements. It could be bending joints in ways they don't bend, or seeing its own tail or something as an opponent.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Confusion probably isn't the best word to use. Disorientated would be a better description to use. When you're confused you're unsure about something, but you're not going to hit things by accident. If you're disorientated then you can't walk straight and may bump into things, or you'll lose your depth perception and hit things you thought were out of the way, such as yourself.

As a comparison, trying to understand Quantum Mechanics leaves you confused. Spinning on the spot for 5 minutes then trying to walk in a straight line is disorientated. That's what it's like for the pokemon. Especially when you consider the sort of moves that cause the effect. Confuse Ray (blinking lights), Supersonic (mind-numbing sounds), Thrash/Petal Dance (out of control spinning/moving).

Wait, so instead of using attract, the attack themselves? Weird.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
You see, when Pokemon are confused, they don't know who to listen to, their parents, or their peers. Sometimes, they will take drugs and therefore hurt themselves in confusion.

Other than that smart alec comment, I'd say that Razor Leaf pretty much hits the mark. Although I believe in one anime episode, a confused Doduo had its two heads fighting each other.

grapefruit

Blaaaargh...
When they get confused, it's like everything is all messed up and weird and strange so they just... hurt themselves!

octoboy

I Crush Everything
You see, when Pokemon are confused, they don't know who to listen to, their parents, or their peers. Sometimes, they will take drugs and therefore hurt themselves in confusion.

Other than that smart alec comment, I'd say that Razor Leaf pretty much hits the mark. Although I believe in one anime episode, a confused Doduo had its two heads fighting each other.

Yes, in the anime, confused pokemon sometimes attack their battle partners (doduo counts as the two heads), like when arbok got confused by swagger and hit victreebel. This wasn't translated from the games, because in the games, partners can hit each other deliberately (for whatever reason. I thought it would be funny if confusion did that, but it can't).

KetchupO

tωisted
They're drunk, give them a break.

Last edited:

Star Dust

live let live.
My favorite is when its using a non offensive move and hurts itself in its confusion. "PIKACHU is Confused!" "Pikachu used Reflect" "It hurt itself in its Confusion!"

I feel, it doesn't end up executing the move, but ends up hitting itself.

FlyingTotodile

Many totodiles can't
Lol I always imagined the pokemon using a move which just turned around and hit them instead, ie Charizard used Flamethrower, Charizard is confused, flamethrower turned round and hit Charizard instead.
I also beleived that is u used moves that your poemon was weak against it would do more damage so I always used moves like Blastoise surf if Blastiose was confused etc.