• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Congratuations! Your eevee evolved into an espeon!" How did you do it?

How would you rather evolve you eevee to an espeon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
From Gold to Crystal, you can evolve eevee into an espeon by maxing it's happines in the day/morn, while to become umbreon, maz it's happiness at night.

But in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald, Maxing eevee's happiness will let it evolve into these two, but from 12am to 12pm, it'll become an umbreon, and from 12PM to 12am time, to espeon.

In colloseum, Fire Red and Leaf Green, you can evolve your eevee into neither espeon nor umbreon, even by maxing it happiness. (except maybe if you have a fake game, it's ramdom, always espeon or always umbreon)

Then here comes XD, when you have a sun shard, let eevee gain to the next lvl to become an espeon, and the moon shard, umbreon.

Next is dungen adventure red and blue, raising eevee's stars to at least 4 then get a sun scarf to let it become an espeon, or with a moon scarf, umbreon.

The problem is that ways to evolve eevee into an espeon/umbreon is different from various games. So do you rather evolve eevee to an espeon by the GSC way, the RSE way, the XD way, the mysterious dungeon ways or the new way?

Iveechan

<--- CHANTASTIC
Sun stone and Moon stone *waits for someone to go BUT IT WOULDN'T MATCH THE OLDER GAMES, WAAAH WAAAH WAAAH!*

PDL

disenchanted
Iveechan said:
Sun stone and Moon stone *waits for someone to go BUT IT WOULDN'T MATCH THE OLDER GAMES, WAAAH WAAAH WAAAH!*

lolz

well, chances are that DP will have a clock of some sort, it would probably be clock determined like in GSC and RS

the reason why XD and Doungen had different methods was because they don't have a clock system in the games

Zora

perpetually tired
Possibly no way, send it to RSE, or go back to GSC if Day/Night come back, or the shards or scarfs. Or nintendo will make a new (yet probably silly) way.

Eszett

one love
Iveechan, I would much prefer it be handled that way since them Eevee could achieve all of its evolutions by stones, but unfortunately it won't happen. Nintendo just can't risk confusing the kids/getting rumors started.

I wouldn't mind if the evolutions were handled through the Sun/Moon scarves, but I still like the happiness systems. Also, I don't want like 26 pairs of items named Sun Blah/Moon Blah that just evolve Eevee. I see this acting as a dangerous precedent.

Volteon

Back I guess??
XD way is the best, but probably it will be like R/S/E or even G/S/C way. I prefer the G/S/C one.

the idea of not evolving into those is discarted, because if we trade for the 3rd gen, we´ll lose the new attacks (well, not lose, we won´t be able to tade). it´s also discarted completely eevee evolving via sun/moon stone, moon stone existed since G/R/B/Y and we won´t be able to evolve it (I know dark type was´t created, but if the item is there and the pokemon is there, most kids should think that eevee can evolve into umbreon the 1st gen.)

Last edited:

Nomytaker

The Deadman
Day/Night. Original and the best.

Iveechan said:
I love you. :D

Read those words of wisdom. That'd be ideal... but I doubt it'll be implemented, like all nice things that should be, but won't. :(

shadowlight

Fraught With Peril
well i like day and night but the shards seem cool

-Totodile-

GOTCHA!
PDL said:
the reason why XD and Doungen had different methods was because they don't have a clock system in the games

But XD does have a clock system, there's one built into the GameCube if you go to options.

Diljabar

Life sucks, man.
Instead of the moon/sun shard, they should just make it the Moon/Sun stone. It's alot easier and more widely available.

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
It's a cardinal rule of new Pokémon generations that nothing is changed which existed before: new ways are always introduced. If you're suddenly able to evolve Eevee with a Sun/Moon Stone, people will ask why they couldn't do it in the earlier games. This is why the trade-while-holding-special-item evolutions and the Incences were introduced. GF would have you believe that if you traded a Sea Incence to a G/S/C game (impossible, but listen anyway) and made a female Marill/Azumarill hold it while breeding, the result would be an Azurill.

I believe that it should match the G/S/C behaviour. The AM/PM logic was a hack, and served only to represent the lack of visible day/night. On the DS, there's no excuse for leaving visible day/night out, so they'd better fix the Eeveelution logic, already!

Angeling

true love
XD ones seem reasonable, with the shards.. though I would like max happiness.. and the time setting. I'd say that's the best setting.. so, I suppose G/S/C would be the best bet, if you ask me. I didn't like much of the R/S/E one.

Fox

Where's my fanfare?
Honestly, I'd like to see varied ways of getting a Pokemon to evolve for you. Such as the anime, where I do recall a Pokemon or two that would normally evolve via Stone, evolved with a Level-up. I don't recall which did this though :<

As for Espeon and Umbreon, I'd like to see the Sun and Moon shards along with the day/night methods. Perhaps even include a new method. One that randomly came to mind would be to place your Pokemon on a stone or something, and depending if its around noon or midnight, it'll evolve that way.

M

mudkip65

I want the GSC way because you can easily know what evolution would be it.

PUrEHearT

Hyper Coordinator
combine everything

It has to be Day or Night
Then you make it HOLD moon/sun shard
Then you give it the Moon/Sun stone

lolz... combination>all

no really, I liked the GSC way

Status
Not open for further replies.