• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Connect to the Future! The Legend of the Blinding One!! (1033)

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I knew from its caught episode that it was meant to be released. Also, did anyone else notice the movie's mother and daughter appear?

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Well sure but like one, two, or three at most but that doesn’t make up the majority of those accepting it was going to be released.

There were definitely a good amount of people saying Poipole was going to stay. I’ve even seen people on twitter having a fit over the fact that Poipole was released.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I don't understand who or why anyone is having any sort of fit, the thing used one named move the entirety of its stay and never contributed much to the main cast. Hell it was absent in some Ash group shots in the ending, that should have been an obvious warning sign.

I won't miss it, it's a shame the Naganadel evolution never happened.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Now to give my overall thoughts on the episode:

Kukui's Incineroar FTW!!! :D It was a damn beast as we knew earlier on from its previous feats, but it simply flattened Mega Aggron (the same Mega Aggron who OHKO'd 3 Pokémon at once in the previous episode) albeit with a Z-move, it remains a beast as ever (I'm starting to think at this point that it might be Champion calibre).

Matori Matrix still made an attempt to quickly sneak into the Ultra Hole, but oh well, Tapu Koko intervened like a badass, straightaway poking a hole in the jet, and forcing Matori Matrix to retreat! Have to say I found that moment quite hilarious TBH. :)

Necrozma was really upset and angry in this episode, it straightforward sent Ash and co. flying with Primatic Laser after their combined Z-moves failed to restore sufficient light into Necrozma. That was savage!! :eek:

Every people and Pokemon lending their Z-power/Ultra Aura to Necrozma looked....yeah pretty nice, a gave a vibe like everyone getting together and doing their best at the time of a big crisis. That succeeded in freeing Solgaleo from Necrozma's control, yep that was useful for sure.

Necrozma still wasn't content in the slightest and still savagely attacked everyone and crazily went after Lunala, only for Gladion to stall it from doing so.

Ash and Gladion together finally using Solgaleo/Lunala's Z-moves respectively to finally resolve the Necroa issue and having it transform to Ultra Necrozma: yeah that moment looked epic and badass for sure. Only thing ridiculous there was Solgaleo recovering so easily...Lunala too so much time to recover earlier on, but Solgaleo for plot purposes recovered so easily. Looked a bit of a cop-out.

Ultra Necrozma transformation was epicly animated, and it restoring the light/vegetation to Poipole's world also looked really nice, that was the best moment of the episode. :)

Ash-Poipole farewell moments were OK for being emotional though nothing spectacular. And nope, I'm not even disappointed in the slightest in its release, because I pretty much knew/expected it to happen.

Overall, a solid and fitting ending to the Necrozma arc this, a really good climax episode. I'll rate it 9/10. :)

Last edited:

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Now to give my overall thoughts on the episode:

Kukui's Incineroar FTW!!! :D It was a damn beast as we knew earlier on from its previous feats, but it simply flattened Mega Aggron (the same Mega Aggron who OHKO'd 3 Pokémon at once in the previous episode) albeit with a Z-move, it remains a beast as ever (I'm starting to think at this point that it might be Champion calibre.

Matori Matrix still made an attempt to quickly sneak into the Ultra Hole, but oh well, Tapu Koko intervened like a badass, straightaway poking a hole in the jet, and forcing Matori Matrix to retreat! Have to say I found that moment quite hilarious TBH. :)

Necrozma was really upset and angry in this episode, it straightforward sent Ash and co. flying with Prismatic Laser after their combined Z-moves failed to restore sufficient light into Necrozma. That was savage!! :eek:

Every people and Pokemon lending their Z-power/Ultra Aura to Necrozma looked....yeah pretty nice, a gave a vibe like everyone getting together and doing their best at the time of a big crisis. That succeeded in freeing Solgaleo from Necrozma's control, yep that was useful for sure.

Necrozma still wasn't content in the slightest and still savagely attacked everyone and crazily went after Lunala, only for Gladion to stall it from doing so.

Ash and Gladion together finally using Solgaleo/Lunala's Z-moves respectively to finally resolve the Necroa issue and having it transform to Ultra Necrozma: yeah that moment looked epic and badass for sure. Only thing ridiculous there was Solgaleo recovering so easily...Lunala too so much time to recover earlier on, but Solgaleo for plot purposes recovered so easily. Looked a bit of a cop-out.

Ultra Necrozma transformation was epicly animated, and it restoring the light/vegetation to Poipole's world also looked really nice, that was the best moment of the episode. :)

Ash-Poipole farewell moments were OK for being emotional though nothing spectacular. And nope, I'm not even disappointed in the slightest in its release, because I pretty much knew/expected it to happen.

Overall, a solid and fitting ending to the Necrozma arc this, a really good climax episode. I'll rate it 9/10. :)

The Poipole thing is the ONLY gripe I have.

But I'm not one to give up due to a couple things I noticed. One, Poipole REALLY doesn't want to leave during this farewell and second... Team Rocket (Or Giovanni and Matori) Is still out there and they still want a piece of Necrozma most likely.

I don't think this is the last we see of either Necrozma or Poipole. Otherwise, this Arc is pretty solid and to the point.

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Well it seems the anime is trying to prove the point that "Z-Move's are powerful than Mega's, if used by a strong trainer".

Makes sense since z move is like a concentration of power which is released all at once unlike the mega which brings inner strength of pokemon constantly.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
No Heavenly Light of Destruction though

Unless that's what the restoration of light to Poipole's world was supposed to be

Also, did they restore the light and Ultra Aura to the Alola region, or can they no longer use Z-moves now? :p

Giovanni is still out there, Tapu Koko didn't kill Matori and her squid, the don still wants Necrozma, this isn't the last we see of him or Poipole. Once Giovanni comes into play himself... we will get another shot at Necrozma and his big z move.

nuzamaki90

Wasn’t looking forward to this episode at all and I was still disappointed by everything that happened. From Kukui VS Gozu being completely rushed, UGs VS Ultra Necrozma being nonexistent, and Poipole’s goodbye being so random and so rushed the classmates were actually rushing Ash to say bye to it so they can leave, it was all just bad.

This entire arc was a massive disappointment and a huge waste of potential. I really don’t like how unsatisfying so many plot points were resolved. Why were the Elite Unit even here? They did absolutely nothing. They weren’t even a threat and they were tossed around just like the regular Team Rocket trio. What crisis was Alola facing? Why did Necrozma just randomly disappear without saying anything or thanking everyone for giving it its strength back? Solgaleo and Lunala didn’t get a goodbye, so where did they go? Where did Gladion go? What’s going to happen to the other 3 UB’s that haven’t appeared? Why. Are. The. Battles. So. Bad.

Sigh

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Honestly, this feels like this entire arc was trying to set up something else and it forgot to be a Necrozma arc. It's not as bad as Fant4stic, but it's in that ball park of disappointing.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I'm not sad that Poipole left. It was basically guaranteed from the moment it appeared. I'm still mad that they chose to focus on a cute UB over one of the more alien ones.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
So Faba discovered Professor Kukui's alter ego and he's a fan of him, and yeah Z-moves wins because good defeats evil and Z-moves is the current gen gimmick.

When everyone, Pokemons and humans alike, were raising their arms into the air, it reminds me of Goku trying to create a spirit bomb from the Dragon Ball series.
The light trumps the darkness was done in many medias with Castlevania coming in mind.

I wasn't so surprised about Ash's Poipole release especially after I saw XY with Goodra. Their similarities like being released in their homeworld, being 4th capture in their respective regions. But Goodra release was more controversial imo, with it being a pseudo-legendary that evolved too fast and battles more than Poipole.

Good finale episode, though it was rushed but I'm not surprised anymore in this anime.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So TR (the dangerous one) ended up doing nothing except give Kukui and Faba something to do, and then the Gummy guy gets irony served in the form of a Z-Move taking down his supposedly powerful Mega Evolution without much effort. So much for hyping TR yet again.

Yup, I'm calling it. At this rate, Ash is using his Kanto reserves come league(?) time.

I still honestly feel like this arc was so incomplete in regards to how Hapu hasn't even appeared yet. Unless they have a bigger arc crisis later, this arc happened too soon.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I demand that Faba appear in any future Masked Royal episodes. This is just too good not to reference later.

I'm not sad that Poipole left. It was basically guaranteed from the moment it appeared. I'm still mad that they chose to focus on a cute UB over one of the more alien ones.

Welcome to the Pokemon anime, where marketing is literally everything.

Red and Blue

Who knows, maybe Poipole could return at any point. Wasn't Goomy with Ash for the same amount of episodes before returning to the swamp.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly Poipole wasn't really released, it was more so just left there. And considering it left on it's own before, I see no reason why he can't come back and visit Ash down the line.