• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Connect to the Future! The Legend of the Blinding One!! (1033)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Also, why were they freaking out about the wormhole closing?

Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma are all capable of opening them whenever they felt like it
Problem is the group definitely can't summon them whenever they feel like it unless another crisis occurs. Plus having to call them at any time would create more problems if evil people targeted the kids.

Remix2

Action? Maybe 5 minutes per episode! Heck 3/4 of episode 88 was talking! Just like 87. 90 was much talking too and the only action was Kukui fighting TR and the UG using their Z-Moves

Didn’t help that the few action we got have subpar animation especially Lunala vs nercrozma battle where it was just beam spam with no real weight or intensity form the animation.

And really sad since this series can do way better then this(like the Kanto gym battle which are very well animated), and also how great the previous legend on legend fights were.

Epicocity

Problem is the group definitely can't summon them whenever they feel like it unless another crisis occurs. Plus having to call them at any time would create more problems if evil people targeted the kids.
I think they meant more along the lines of "why were they freaking out over the wormhole closing and needing to leave when Solgaleo and Lunala could just open one anyway to get them out?" In other words, why did they rush Poipole's departure along with a flimsy reason that the wormhole was closing when they have alternate means of leaving already present?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

Weren't Nebby and Lunala still with them as they were leaving?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I think they meant more along the lines of "why were they freaking out over the wormhole closing and needing to leave when Solgaleo and Lunala could just open one anyway to get them out?" In other words, why did they rush Poipole's departure along with a flimsy reason that the wormhole was closing when they have alternate means of leaving already present?

Messing with space-time continuum whenever they feel like it is surely something they shouldn't so freely use. What are they, gods?

Weren't Nebby and Lunala still with them as they were leaving?

Our heroes are duuuuuumb.

hottom3rd

Best part of this episode was incineroar and the prof wrecking rocket boi. Rest is forgettable including poison goodbyes... oh well..

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I might as well give my thoughts overall on the Necrozma arc as I haven’t yet.

As I have watched all of the episodes in the Necrozma arc in its entirety again, I have to be honest here. I did enjoy it. It was ten times better than the aether arc. But it was still really lacking, and I found that some questions I had been had not been answered. I honestly feel like they could have given us another episode to answer some of these questions and give us more of a battle between Necrozma, the Ultra Guardians, and Lunala. The arc as a whole felt rushed to me.

First of all, why is that only the adults were the ones being affected by Necrozma? I get that Necrozma was sucking the Ultra Aura out of Alola, which left the adults feeling drained and very sleepy, but I want to know why the children and Pokemon were not? Is it because they’re all full of energy or what? Seriously, that was so confusing, and they should have explained that.

Team Rocket was pointless this entire arc, they did nothing except cause trouble and with all the buildup they were getting, you’d think they would have done more but apparently not. After they were defeated, where did they go? Did they go back to Kanto? Are they going to stick in Alola so they can build up for Rainbow Rocket? With the fact they did nothing, I’m hoping there will be a Team Rainbow Rocket arc but it would not surprise me if we do not get one.

Where did Necrozma go after it revitalized Poipole’s world? Did it go back to sleep? Did it fly off somewhere else? Did it follow the Ultra Guardians back to Alola? It was there one minute and gone the next? I understand since Poipole’s farewell was supposed to be the main focus of that scene but they could have at least shown us where Necrozma went.

I do have some other minor questions but those are the major ones I wished had been answered.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Where did Necrozma go after it revitalized Poipole’s world? Did it go back to sleep? Did it fly off somewhere else? Did it follow the Ultra Guardians back to Alola? It was there one minute and gone the next? I understand since Poipole’s farewell was supposed to be the main focus of that scene but they could have at least shown us where Necrozma went.
They repeated the Legend of the Radiant One almost twice per episode, which stated Necrozma flew off once it had regained its light, so I suspect it zoomed off into an Ultra Wormhole

...and then it appeared as a giant apparition to restore Ultra Aura to Alola, so...

It was handled ridiculously poorly because they thought people cared about Poipole, so they made that the focus

mockingjay

swift and lol
there is some real dodgy animation in this episode, which is worrying considering this is an episode they'd work on more than others

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
They repeated the Legend of the Radiant One almost twice per episode, which stated Necrozma flew off once it had regained its light, so I suspect it zoomed off into an Ultra Wormhole

...and then it appeared as a giant apparition to restore Ultra Aura to Alola, so...

It was handled ridiculously poorly because they thought people cared about Poipole, so they made that the focus

That I understand completely, I just wish we could have seen where Necrozma went. I get that Poipole’s farewell was supposed to be the main focus at the end but I don’t think the conclusion to Necrozma’s story was handled very well.

Honestly, Necrozma’s story as a whole was not handled very well to begin with.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Well, at least they were faithful to the games in that regard, thereby continuing the trend of odd-numbered generations of the anime being lackluster

Hopefully Gen VIII will be an improvement and they learn from their mistakes - even though it's only really the western audience that's having a hissy fit about it

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Well, at least they were faithful to the games in that regard, thereby continuing the trend of odd-numbered generations of the anime being lackluster

Hopefully Gen VIII will be an improvement and they learn from their mistakes - even though it's only really the western audience that's having a hissy fit about it
Wow I never took the time to think about that.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Necrozma leaving could’ve been handled better.
I wanted Necrozma to actually do some interactions with someone else, especially with Poipole, the Ultra Guardians, Solgaleo and Lunala, rather than just rising in the air not doing much else.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I didn't think much of Bevenom's farewell at the conclusion of this episode since I knew it was coming, and I'm getting far too accustomed to Satoshi releasing Pokemon. That being said, I did enjoy the little montage at the end, as well as Hala's appearance.

xEryChan

Demon Child
One thing that irritates me about how this episode ended is we never actually got to see where Solgaleo, Lunala, or Gladion went. After returning to their own world, the Ultra Guardians saw the giant Ultra Necrozma at the end and then it cuts to the Pokemon School and Professor Kukui seems to have caught a cold. Why could have not have seen a proper goodbye between Ash and Nebby or one between Gladion and Lunala? Plus, I would really like to know where Gladion is going as well. We obviously know he is going back to his trials but which island is he heading to? How many trials has he completed? Couldn’t they have answered this?

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
I was curious as to how the dub would handle the ending to this episode, with the Mirai Connection sequence... I just saw what they did:
The sequence itself is kept completely intact, without credits, and the song is replaced with instrumental music that sounds like it was presumably made for the scene.

All things considered, that's probably the most sensible way they could have handled it. And, I mean, I'm happy, because it means I now have the ending to this episode without credits! And I do like my creditless scenes.

Interestingly, it seems they also didn't keep the episode title on screen... So...
JP: Episode title is shown on screen over the start of the episode, but there's no voiceover for it.
Dub: No episode title shown, but Ash still announces it via voiceover.
I dunno, I just find it interesting how they did the exact opposite of each other.