• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Connection between dungeon floors and Pokemon genders?

DarkerShining

In my Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time I've noticed that the Pokemon on odd numbered dungeon floors (with the exception of female only and genderless Pokemon) are all male, while the Pokemon on even numbered dungeon floors (with the exception of male only and genderless Pokemon) are all female. Not only that, but it seems like the genders of client Pokemon, outlaws and even Pokemon that hatch from eggs seem to follow this rule.

Is it just my game, or has anyone else noticed this?

Draknir

Fear the Deer
I've noticed this too, at least the Floors having a single gender(Aside from the obvious ones) and the outlaws. As for the gender of the client and eggs, I haven't seen this too much.

starrywater777

Yeah, I noticed that when I was in the nitemare. One floor, females, next floor, males. But I'm not too sure about the clients, outlaws and the pokemon hatched from the eggs

Deoxys Arceus

I've never noticed this before. So that maybe the reason why I can't find a male Riolu even though I fought on the floor for a few minutes.

Deoxys Arceus

I've never noticed this before. So that maybe the reason why I can't find a male Riolu even though I fought on the floor for a few minutes.

Xtra

You will be missed:(
I never noticed that. I will be definitely checking on that in my next excursion.

yea even when i searched crystal cave floor 4 for atleast 10 min i couldn't find a boy riolu well i just eventually got bored and recruited the girl riolu (turns out shes really strong ,then again all riolu and lucario are =P) well now shes a lvl 33 lucario by my side

Garmmon

FUN :D
I found that out quite a while ago (but never bothered to go for confirmation xD). Before that I was struggling to find a female Riolu on a male floor xD