• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Connection to Legends: Arceus Speculation

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
I'm not really sure how to begin this post other than to say...

1) Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl and Legends: Arceus were announced at the same time
2) Both games will take place in the Sinnoh region, at different times.

Even though they're distinctly separate entities, I can't imagine there won't be some form of linking between them. I imagine they'll at least connect via Pokemon Home, so theoretically you could transfer certain mons back and forth between past and present Sinnoh. But what could be beyond that?

@Ophie's post in the Sinnoh Dex 3.0 thread about a Dialga/Palkia/Arceus fusion got me thinking about this a lot. I even wonder if there could be something similar to the Game Link feature between Black and White 1 & 2, where people in modern Sinnoh would make comments about your player character being one of the "founders of the region".

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I'd like it if having save data for Legends on your Switch unlocked an Arceus event. You'd need to have progressed past a certain point in both games first, though.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'm not really sure how to begin this post other than to say...

1) Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl and Legends: Arceus were announced at the same time
2) Both games will take place in the Sinnoh region, at different times.

Even though they're distinctly separate entities, I can't imagine there won't be some form of linking between them. I imagine they'll at least connect via Pokemon Home, so theoretically you could transfer certain mons back and forth between past and present Sinnoh. But what could be beyond that?

@Ophie's post in the Sinnoh Dex 3.0 thread about a Dialga/Palkia/Arceus fusion got me thinking about this a lot. I even wonder if there could be something similar to the Game Link feature between Black and White 1 & 2, where people in modern Sinnoh would make comments about your player character being one of the "founders of the region".

The thing is, that's a wrong observation. There's NO Arceus reference in that statue.

During GenIV, the statue was ambiguous and you could easily see either Dialga or Palkia in it.

In the manga at the time, they turned it into this fusion:
And now, the Gen8 remakes have copy/pasted THAT design to the letter. So if anything, it certainly isn't new and designed for these games with a specific concept in mind.

About a game-link. The remakes are being made by a different developer. So, I'm going to say nope, even though I'd love that. There might be references, but definitely not references to specific events you went through as a player. Stuff like Rowan being a bit more open about the past-development of the Sinnoh dex should be a given, but maybe in a postgame dialogue or something.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I could see there being a very minor tease for Legends: Arceus in BD/SP, something like in one of the towns there's an old mossy pedastal with the crumbling remains of a statue on it, and a plaque that says something like "This ststue is dedicated to a trainer who completed Sinnoh's first Pokedex", or some NPC dialogue that alludes to Legends: Arceus like "My ancestors came here from Alola and settled in Sinnoh's first ever town."

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Oh there's definitely going to be something. These games are too closely intertwined for them not to reference each other. At the very least, there's going to be some references to Legends in BDSP. But I think they'll go even further than that, maybe some kind of unlockable feature or Pokemon like the Gigantamax Pikachu/Eevee in SwSh if you have save data for LGPE, or a Memory Link sort of thing where NPCs in BDSP begin to reference your character in LA if you have save data. Maybe a time capsule like transfer mechanic to let you send items and Pokemon from LA directly to BDSP? There's a lot they could do with this.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
I would bet somewhere in the game Theres an old pokeball sitting on a desk that looks like legends arceus pokeballs. Probably on Rowans desk.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
The only thing I can think of is some bonus given to u by having save data from one or both games unlocking something in the other games.