• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Connectivity with Let’s Go?

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Now that the official Gen 8 games are a thing a lot of the people who worried about Let’s Go will have some consolation. I certainly get where they’re coming from but I don’t want to discount the Switch’s inaugural Pokémon outings either. I have yet to purchase either Pikachu or Eevee but they look like fun little romps through the region I grew up on. Seeing Sword and Shield revealed actually made me want to purchase one of these games more as a complement to the more hardcore outings, and I’m really hoping there’s some form of connectivity between the two.

My guess is it will work similar to the Virtual Console transfers, where the Pokémon are essentially the same but with abilities and fresh IVs and EVs for a clean slate. Of course there may also be an aspect I’m missing pertaining to the inner workings of the two games.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
They never made compatibility between the Alola games and Let's Go, and I think they also said they wanted the Let's Go series to be its own separate series, so I wouldn't be too hopeful.

ShadowForce720

They never made compatibility between the Alola games and Let's Go, and I think they also said they wanted the Let's Go series to be its own separate series, so I wouldn't be too hopeful.
I'd rather we keep lets go mechanics out of the advanced player games.

Well you have to keep in mind that Let's Go and the Alola games were on two different consoles while one was on a handle held system the other was on a hybrid system, where Pokemon Sword and Shield are on the same system as Let's Go. Really looking at it whether it's being able to transfer your pokemon from let's go into pokemon bank and then to Pokemon Sword and Shield or being able to transfer your pokemon directly to Pokemon Sword and Shield I don't think that would be much of a problem nor do I think that Let's Go being a separate series would prevent that because if you look at it, it was possible to transfer pokemon from Colosseum, XD, and other spin-off games to the main series, so I don't see why Let's Go being a separate main series branch from Sword and Shield would somehow prevent you transfer let's go Pokemon over to Sword and Shield.

Akashin

Masuda has also said on this subject that if possible they'd like to avoid a repeat of what happened with the start of Gen III. So whether it ends up happening or not, it's something they're looking at.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Well you have to keep in mind that Let's Go and the Alola games were on two different consoles while one was on a handle held system the other was on a hybrid system, where Pokemon Sword and Shield are on the same system as Let's Go. Really looking at it whether it's being able to transfer your pokemon from let's go into pokemon bank and then to Pokemon Sword and Shield or being able to transfer your pokemon directly to Pokemon Sword and Shield I don't think that would be much of a problem nor do I think that Let's Go being a separate series would prevent that because if you look at it, it was possible to transfer pokemon from Colosseum, XD, and other spin-off games to the main series, so I don't see why Let's Go being a separate main series branch from Sword and Shield would somehow prevent you transfer let's go Pokemon over to Sword and Shield.
I can barely follow your post since your sentences are very long and I can't seem to grasp the flow or structure of them. Seriously, you crammed all that in two sentences. But if they want to prevent what happened back then, why is there no compatibility between Alola games and Let's Go? That ship has sailed. And those are the same generation.

ShadowForce720

I can barely follow your post since your sentences are very long and I can't seem to grasp the flow or structure of them. Seriously, you crammed all that in two sentences. But if they want to prevent what happened back then, why is there no compatibility between Alola games and Let's Go? That ship has sailed. And those are the same generation.

Because the Alola games and Let's Go are not on the same system, where Pokemon Shield and Sword are on the same system as Let's Go. Having the option to be able to transfer your pokemon from Let's Go to Pokemon Sword and Shield doesn't take anything way from Let's Go.

Plus what makes more sense trying to make the Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee compatibly with the Alolan games which are on different systems and would be old news when Gen 8 would be announce a few months after Let's Go's release or not worrying about connectivity with the Alolan games and just go out of the way to make sure that people are able to transfer pokemon from Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee to Pokemon Sword and Shield which are games that are on the exact same system and would take less work to make a way for the pokemon to be transferred to.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
This is definitely one of the biggest and most impactful mysteries of 8th gen that I'm quite curious if it will happen or not. It's also quite important if it happens or not as this generation will dictate the patterns for the future, setting the future standard in many fans minds that Let's Go connectivity will absolutely happen or won't happen for the core technical RPG series in the future.

Akashin

The answer is right in the wording: they want to solve the issue. As in they haven't yet.

Regardless, the why's are irrelevant. Masuda was asked whether or not Let's Go and Gen VIII will be compatible, and his answer was a non-answer leaning in the direction of, "We're trying." That's the answer. Whether the ship has sailed on the issue--I personally care far more about whether or not my Pokemon in Let's Go can go to Gen VIII than I care whether or not they can go to a series of Gen VII games that I was largely done with anyway, so I wouldn't say that--doesn't really matter.

Now, that all having been said, I don't really think anything of significance will be lost if these games can't connect with Let's Go (except the specific Pokemon themselves, for whom that matters). Obviously Bank connectivity will still be a thing, and I wouldn't be surprised if these games retain some measure of connectivity with Go, at least to the extent of that remaining as our avenue of obtaining Meltan/Melmetal.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
If it has Let's Go connectivity (which I had assumed was a given) then I hope they connect with Go as well as if not then we could get Kanto Pokemon from go via Let's go but none from the other region which would be annoying.

D*N

Musical Star
Would be weird if it wasn't possible at some point in the game, even post-game. I really don't care since I don't have the let's go games, but still.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
So now that I have purchased and experienced Let's Go for myself, it seems like it should be pretty easy to transfer them over via an updated Pokebank. Abilities have already been discovered, the only thing that really seems to be different are AVs instead of EVs, and I'd be okay with ditching them and starting over, particularly if a Poke Pelago variant exists in Sword and Shield to make EV training easier. The candy system is "interesting" to me because they go out of their way to turn off the boosts in Normal Battles in Let's Go anyway.