• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cons of your favorite series and pros of your least favorite

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Cons-
AG- May's contest arc was poorly handled, her contest battles were boring and full of DEM. Giving ash an aipom was a stupid idea after what happened to it in DP it should have never been ash's instead they should have given him a bagon. No rival for ash as well in hoenn.

XY- Kalos league was soo rushed and no reserves used, serena's tripokelon was also poorly handled and rushed. Most of all no continuity in this series and no ME for ash like MCY or MS.

OS- Pity badge arc in kanto, no brock in OI, and misty should have been written off after OI she was a background and stale character in johto and should have become recurring character with casey taking over, Why did characters like casy and gary and ritchie appeared so less in johto, too much fillers, no espeon for ash.

DP- Why no gary after Team Galactic arc atleast make him appear in sinnoh league, too much difference between 7th and 8th gym. The whole aipom sheninigans first it likes contests then it likes ping pong it made aipom one of my least favourite pokemon, gible should have evolved at least once.

Pros-

BW- Multiple battle tournaments, iris as a character will teach misty how to develop a character even without having any active goal, iris and cilan were both handled better than misty and brock were in johto, N as a character was also very good.

The ammunition I get for sinking a certain ship that I find overrated/ I absolutely despise. (Amourshipping.) I get a sick kick at any if all wise crack against anyone who is arrogant about this ship. (Serene's romance story was already done before and better. Her name is Angie.)

Lol how is it a sinking ship by far it got the furthur than any ship involving main character and has most chance of being canon even mentioned by series director, not to mention it had the backing of the writers and the staff, it is only sinking sinking for delusional pokeshippers who still live in the delusion that there ship which was finished 16 years ago still had a chance. And ash x angie was hardly any good they had there moments but it was hardly any btter than stsere moments.

I think it's too bad they had to keep the TRio because they were the most iconic villains in the show and they went into the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality for them.

I would like recurring villains not only competent but also had deep connections with the companions, so that they would really help their growths.

I think TR appeals to crowd in a certain way, takeshi shudo in his blog once mentioned that he was given two choices either to replace TR or to replace misty, and he choose to replace misty, because TR brings a certain humour in the show. Even though shudo left the show even before OS was finished you can see his legacy is still there.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I'll give credit that BW Team Rocket at least had some half effortful face-offs, as in cases the twerps had to work and sweat to stop them instead of a DEM or intervention from a bigger fish saving them with the same ease they usually have. Even DA Team Rocket, when they were comical again, forced a little more of a struggle out of the twerps than usual (which along with some banter or humour when they were just in pitiful mode again, meant the best of both worlds). They even got a decent final showdown with the BW trio, while in all other seasons they just get a curb stomp.

I thought it was a shame the two series afterwards couldn't keep up this compromise, but I guess to have regular challenging villains you have to think up regular good retaliations from the good guys. Even in early XY you could see they were struggling with this, with loads of dumb luck/DEM wins that if continued would likely make the twerps look incompetent.
Lets be real: Team Rocket was at their best in terms of both twerp interactions and the characters themselves, in OS. And even though they're being recycled at such a stale rate for years, it's no doubt that their individual episodes are some of the best. It feels like outside of using them as plot devices or means of a threat, the writers put in more effort and thought into the TRio episodes than recently, the classmates'.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Lol how is it a sinking ship by far it got the furthur than any ship involving main character and has most chance of being canon even mentioned by series director, not to mention it had the backing of the writers and the staff, it is only sinking sinking for delusional pokeshippers who still live in the delusion that there ship which was finished 16 years ago still had a chance. And ash x angie was hardly any good they had there moments but it was hardly any btter than stsere moments.

Yet Serena is about as forgotten as nearly every other poke girl once that series ends. Where at average, the next series has an episode or two that has that poke girl return to give us an update. (Iris is a bit special in that she doesn't go to Kalos and that special mini arc was mostly about her! It never aired in the US so you never heard of it.)

S/M has Brock and Misty give a small return... and as of season 3 they are coming back again for something. No hint to Serena yet and if she does come back.... it still wouldn't be that special since it would be like the other traveling girls Ash has made friends with. We get interaction, an update on their character and when that is done, they go off to obscurity.

By the way... a girl did kiss Ash long before Serene made that special. Her name is with Bianca. (Latios and Latias movie.) ... or it may actually be a Latias. But probably like this one joke I seen with Yanderena burying Bianca/ Latias alive... your probably doing the same thing as well by denying any of the movies as canon or thinking of an excuse.

Ash x Angie may not be that special either, but it is the same premise with Serena in that she and Ash met in a summer camp. Angie has a few traits that are similar to OS Ash in terms of snark, she and Ash butted heads so many times it isn't funny. (Like how it is with actual couples!) It also went into a bit of detail with the two working together and having a small bond with each other. Like I said countless times, those two have A LOT in common and have better chemistry compared to Serena's stalker like introduction.

It isn't OTP material by any means, I admit that, after Angie make a return in a filler episode, Ash moved on from that. But since your arrogant and delusional enough to keep calling Amourshipping OTP material, I am going to keep bringing ammunition for this because it is amusing! Pokeshipping is my excuse because of nostalgia... chaos is my real reason.

Last edited:

satopi

Amourshipping was just a marketing trap to attract more viewers (the ol "will they or won't they get together" tug of war gimmick). Ash isn't obligated to love Serena back just because she has feelings for him. On the bright side, I'm glad that it gave Serena more attention and fans when that was the main driving force back when she wasn't doing anything in the first 40 episodes. In the end, it didn't amount towards anything significant besides Serena's character. Ash's response was leaving on a plane to PokeHawaii to spend time with his mother and goof around. Serena's too good for him.

It can't be canon when Ash doesn't have feelings for her back. He shows more interest in his boyfriends Kiawe and Gladion.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Amourshipping was just a marketing trap to attract more viewers (the ol "will they or won't they get together" tug of war gimmick). Ash isn't obligated to love Serena back just because she has feelings for him. On the bright side, I'm glad that it gave Serena more attention and fans when that was the main driving force back when she wasn't doing anything in the first 40 episodes. In the end, it didn't amount towards anything significant besides Serena's character. Ash's response was leaving on a plane to PokeHawaii to spend time with his mother and goof around. Serena's too good for him.

It can't be canon when Ash doesn't have feelings for her back. He shows more interest in his boyfriends Kiawe and Gladion.

I don't even like Serena... but all that about Amourshipping! It isn't that great and it didn't amount to much if anything.

Your especially the stuff about the interactions between Ash and Gladion, you seen how our idiot boy carried the edge lord during the Necrozma arc!

satopi

I don't even like Serena... but all that about Amourshipping! It isn't that great and it didn't amount to much if anything.
I didn't fall for the Amourshipping bait but Serena's cool. I didn't care about her much during her run but I later appreciated what I liked about her. I didn't dislike her but I didn't love her. She's super relatable and I find her development to be consistent throughout her saga. I like that she isn't a battler and she's proven that you can still like a character even if she doesn't battle. Her storyline with her mother kept me invested in her story. She also has a close knit family vibe with her Pokémon. I liked her character but not because she had a crush on Ash so I was proud of her for choosing what she thought was best for her in the end.

Your especially the stuff about the interactions between Ash and Gladion, you seen how our idiot boy carried the edge lord during the Necrozma arc!
Did you not notice his eyes flowing with emotion, how his body moved without him thinking as he rushed to hug Kiawe in the opening?! How much they train together alone... the comradery in their relationship... how pumped up and intense they get around each other, it's basically canon between them!

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Yet Serena is about as forgotten as nearly every other poke girl once that series ends. Where at average, the next series has an episode or two that has that poke girl return to give us an update. (Iris is a bit special in that she doesn't go to Kalos and that special mini arc was mostly about her! It never aired in the US so you never heard of it.)

S/M has Brock and Misty give a small return... and as of season 3 they are coming back again for something. No hint to Serena yet and if she does come back.... it still wouldn't be that special since it would be like the other traveling girls Ash has made friends with. We get interaction, an update on their character and when that is done, they go off to obscurity.

By the way... a girl did kiss Ash long before Serene made that special. Her name is with Bianca. (Latios and Latias movie.) ... or it may actually be a Latias. But probably like this one joke I seen with Yanderena burying Bianca/ Latias alive... your probably doing the same thing as well by denying any of the movies as canon or thinking of an excuse.

Ash x Angie may not be that special either, but it is the same premise with Serena in that she and Ash met in a summer camp. Angie has a few traits that are similar to OS Ash in terms of snark, she and Ash butted heads so many times it isn't funny. (Like how it is with actual couples!) It also went into a bit of detail with the two working together and having a small bond with each other. Like I said countless times, those two have A LOT in common and have better chemistry compared to Serena's stalker like introduction.

It isn't OTP material by any means, I admit that, after Angie make a return in a filler episode, Ash moved on from that. But since your arrogant and delusional enough to keep calling Amourshipping OTP material, I am going to keep bringing ammunition for this because it is amusing! Pokeshipping is my excuse because of nostalgia... chaos is my real reason.

The only reason brock and misty have come back is because of 20th anniversary and LGPE promotion and not because they are special, she could be back when XY remake are being made, same with dawn during DP remakes. Same characters were not even part of 20th movie.

I am not the one who denies the movie being canon or not, it is considered to be in alternate world, besides latias kissed him on the cheeks and not on the lips unlike you know who.

ash x angie had some good little interactions but still it cannot exceed ash x serena bond, as for being lot in common sakura had more in common with naruto than hinata, rukia had more in common with ichigo than orihime had still none of them were paired up, having lot in common doesn't mean a sure shot pairing. Serena is hardly a stalker she left her home becuase she wanted to get away from her mother and rhyhorn racing and ash just happened to just a big excuse and she wanted to meet her and return his handkerchief to him nd thank him for his motivation, calling her stalker is just a retarded.

I am not the only one who is making it OTP, even the staff members, the director everyone has given this ship the special status, it is not fully canon now but it has most chances than any other ash shippings.

It was taken from the XY games where there are several moments present, but to say that it didn't amount to anything is not true. She did help him during his depression arc, serena was personally invited to join the group by ash himself besides it did help in serena's growth.

It is not canon now but out of all ash shippings it is pretty much the most obvious one. By the way where are gary and paul in boyfriends list.

I didn't fall for the Amourshipping bait but Serena's cool. I didn't care about her much during her run but I later appreciated what I liked about her. I didn't dislike her but I didn't love her. She's super relatable and I find her development to be consistent throughout her saga. I like that she isn't a battler and she's proven that you can still like a character even if she doesn't battle. Her storyline with her mother kept me invested in her story. She also has a close knit family vibe with her Pokémon. I liked her character but not because she had a crush on Ash so I was proud of her for choosing what she thought was best for her in the end.

Did you not notice his eyes flowing with emotion, how his body moved without him thinking as he rushed to hug Kiawe in the opening?! How much they train together alone... the comradery in their relationship... how pumped up and intense they get around each other, it's basically canon between them!

Well said she is relatable to most human beings who do not have there goals in life. She did go on to follow her dream which was nice. Her development was consistent throughout the series. There are many people who just hate her becuase of that shipping with ash.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!

To me with Serena... and this is not a gripe towards you, there isn't much about her to me that made her special from the likes of May and Dawn besides her crush on Ash... which seemed to be her only trait that stuck out. (May and Dawn are rookie trainers that look to Ash as a mentor than anything else and have their own form of development. Granted, May was the only one of the trio that by the end of her run... she was able to go toe to toe with Ash.)

The only female character in the S/M series that Ash have any significant chemistry with is Lillie. (Which is more them being friends than anything else.) Outside of her I do see the interactions between Ash and Kiawe more in comparison.

Also to the guy talking about where Serena kissed Ash, it wasn't on screen so she could have kissed him anywhere. (Clueless dope barely reacted.)

In addition, where did I say Brock and Misty coming back was anything considered special?!

Last edited:

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
I feel like my anime viewing experience has too many massive gaps in it for me to properly define a "favorite" or "least favorite" series, (case in point: I've seen like three minutes of BW and probably no more than ten episodes of DP) so I'll just list cons of XY and SuMo, both of which are series that I generally do like.

XY: Serena. Yeah, I know a lot of people really like her, but to me she just kind of came off as a deliberate attempt to make a waifu, and I just never found her all that interesting or entertaining.

SuMo: Mao is a complete waste of screentime and I do not understand why the staff seem to be so dead-set on never ever doing anything fun or interesting with her. Also its handling of larger more serious story-arcs leaves a lot to be desired. Also Alolan Oak is irredeemably awful in every way.

...Boy, for being a series I like, my criticisms of Sun & Moon sure are quite harsh...

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
To me with Serena... and this is not a gripe towards you, there isn't much about her to me that made her special from the likes of May and Dawn besides her crush on Ash... which seemed to be her only trait that stuck out. (May and Dawn are rookie trainers that look to Ash as a mentor than anything else and have their own form of development. Granted, May was the only one of the trio that by the end of her run... she was able to go toe to toe with Ash.)
To me, Serena crush was part of a larger problem in XY. A large amount of characters were also attracted by Ash, like Clemont, Sawyer & Alain. If they could tone down the whole Ash glorification and put more focus Serena along with Clemont own developments, I would appreciate the series more. I also don't care about her being a copy of Dawn & May, since after 6 generations it would be hard to find original ideas anyways.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
To me, Serena crush was part of a larger problem in XY. A large amount of characters were also attracted by Ash, like Clemont, Sawyer & Alain. If they could tone down the whole Ash glorification and put more focus Serena along with Clemont own developments, I would appreciate the series more. I also don't care about her being a copy of Dawn & May, since after 6 generations it would be hard to find original ideas anyways.

True, maybe if they toned that down and have Serena develop more to stand out... she wouldn't have come off as cringe worthy to me and wouldn't be as bland otherwise.

Fact about Clemont... his sister had better development... much better development! In fact... didn't she sic Squishy on Lysandre and let the Order pokemon vaporize the maniac? That is metal and I love it!

satopi

To me with Serena... and this is not a gripe towards you, there isn't much about her to me that made her special from the likes of May and Dawn besides her crush on Ash... which seemed to be her only trait that stuck out.
That's because that trait of hers did stick out and that's what most people will remember her for... until another main Pokegirl has a crush on him! :D

The only female character in the S/M series that Ash have any significant chemistry with is Lillie. (Which is more them being friends than anything else.) Outside of her I do see the interactions between Ash and Kiawe more in comparison.
I like his interactions with Mallow and Lana too.

Also to the guy talking about where Serena kissed Ash, it wasn't on screen so she could have kissed him anywhere. (Clueless dope barely reacted.)
It was proven it was on the lips, because Japanese children's television doesn't show kisses on the lips onscreen. It's also why Prof Kukui and Burnet didn't kiss onscreen.

The only reason brock and misty have come back is because of 20th anniversary and LGPE promotion and not because they are special, she could be back when XY remake are being made, same with dawn during DP remakes. Same characters were not even part of 20th movie.
Regardless, Brock and Misty are one of the most important characters in Ash's life, because those 2 were the ones who mentored and looked after the young, immature, and inexperienced Ash in the beginning of his journey. They've gotten referenced in all sagas but XY(&Z) and they were used really well in their return episodes where it was chalked full of moments where the original trio got to somewhat go back to feeling like it was old times (Misty teasing him and calling him out on things and all, Brock lusting after a pretty girl). It was also nice to hear an update on how they were doing. I think Misty and Brock are special because of the impact they had on Ash and going to Kanto was just a easy way to bring them back.

I am not the only one who is making it OTP, even the staff members, the director everyone has given this ship the special status, it is not fully canon now but it has most chances than any other ash shippings.
They can ship whoever they want but ehhh... he's still hooked on Giselle. Ash shown no romantic feelings towards Serena and he doesn't seem to want to have a girlfriend. It has been said that him getting into a relationship will get in the way of his bond with Pikachu so if he ever does into a relationship, it'll most likely be short term and puppy love because of his age. There's going to be more girls having a crush on him so I'm rooting for him to get together with a random girl we haven't met yet.

It was taken from the XY games where there are several moments present, but to say that it didn't amount to anything is not true. She did help him during his depression arc, serena was personally invited to join the group by ash himself besides it did help in serena's growth.
I'm aware of it but even without Amourshipping, it would've been the same. What I mean by it not amounting to anything BESIDES Serena's character is because Ash had nothing to gain from it. Yeah he invited Serena to the group or better yet, Serena snapped him out of his depression but it wasn't because of their relationship. Serena had to remind him that he wasn't being himself and was in the wrong by acting this way.

It is not canon now but out of all ash shippings it is pretty much the most obvious one. By the way where are gary and paul in boyfriends list.
Pikashipping is canon and our best case scenario. :D Honestly, all of his rivals are on the boyfriends list besides Morrison cause he'll cheat on him with a sub sandwich/riceball.

Well said she is relatable to most human beings who do not have there goals in life.
More like people who don't know what they want to do in life yet or is a late bloomer.

She did go on to follow her dream which was nice. Her development was consistent throughout the series. There are many people who just hate her becuase of that shipping with ash.
It's more like her crush overshadows her character and was the most significant aspect remembered... but it isn't her entire character.

Last edited:
Every single damn thread.

Do you guys have nothing better to do? Just bash on Serena and AmourShipping? Same pointless talk just to get a rise out of people. It's disgusting really. This isn't the Shippers Community.

They aren't even objective statements. Try to find some actual proof before spewing stupid BS

@Dephender are there any rules prohibiting this sort of stuff because all it really amounts to is a rehash of the drivel spewed by people for the past 5 years. It's in the wrong subsection as well.

Shows you how bad SM really is when Serena is being talked about more than SM girls

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Every single damn thread.

Do you guys have nothing better to do? Just bash on Serena and AmourShipping? Same pointless talk just to get a rise out of people. It's disgusting really. This isn't the Shippers Community.

They aren't even objective statements. Try to find some actual proof before spewing stupid BS

@Dephender are there any rules prohibiting this sort of stuff because all it really amounts to is a rehash of the drivel spewed by people for the past 5 years. It's in the wrong subsection as well.

Shows you how bad SM really is when Serena is being talked about more than SM girls
You guys have been doing the same ever since SM was revealed so...

satopi

I may totally disagree with your statements, but I'm not talking about you. Some other poster.
If you disagree with that person's thoughts about it, debate them (or ignore it and add something else) like a few users did the same to me a few pages ago instead of whining on a post about how we're going off topic.

DatsRight

Lets be real: Team Rocket was at their best in terms of both twerp interactions and the characters themselves, in OS. And even though they're being recycled at such a stale rate for years, it's no doubt that their individual episodes are some of the best. It feels like outside of using them as plot devices or means of a threat, the writers put in more effort and thought into the TRio episodes than recently, the classmates'.

True but later-BW was probably the closest to trying to get that chemistry running again, even if they lacked the same sympathetic depths as in the OS.

While it's true TR are WAY better interacting between themselves and thus many of their limelight episodes are fun, it's annoying they fail to give them a meaningful chemistry with the main cast, especially when they still insist on using them as the main antagonists, and thus could at least pepper it with good banter and interactions. This tends to be downfall for many other characters, ones that have okay enough personalities to work in their individual stories, but lack chemistries and the ability to give the other parts of the show life, thus making them lousy supporting characters.

In fairness though, a LOT of Ash's episodes have been good in SM (perhaps due to the fact he works as both a protagonist and a supporting character). Really the only classmate that has a bad limelight track record is Mallow, otherwise it's just the actual amount of screen time.

I like his interactions with Mallow and Lana too.

I think it's more that their interactions aren't quite as distinctive chemistries as with the other classmates (besides Mallow sometimes scolding him). I think this might play into why they stick out so little (with their Pokemon being even worse).

Last edited: