• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Consoles and Handhelds won't connect to Wi-Fi Network?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I've been trying to figure out this problem for a while, but I can't figure it out so I need some help. My Nintendo DS Lite, Wii and Playstation 3 won't connect to my home Wi-Fi network. I bought a new one a few months ago because my old one died, but I've been through the process of trying to get each one online, and nothing has worked. I don't know if I can call it a router problem because my computer and iPod connect to the network easily.

For example, I was just trying to get Pokemon White online. I was setting up my connection point and did a connection test. I got an error code 52000 telling me that there wasn't a strong access point. I sat right in front of the router and my DS still didn't connect. It had 3 bars, then suddenly dropped to 0 and brought up the access code. The router has a secure setting, but I believe WEP still allows Wi-Fi access.

I haven't had this problem with my old router, and my new one is the exact same product.

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
"How to fix: Make sure the security key and security type are entered into the Nintendo DS exactly as they appear in your router's settings; manually assign an IP address to the Nintendo DS."

So is this a mandatory condition. I noticed that my DS wasn't automatically obtaining the IP Address or DNS. Where do I find my "gateway"?

EDIT: I actually can't read. The link gives me directions. I'll try it.

EDIT 2: It worked! For my DS set-up, at least.

Last edited: