• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Conspiracy Theories you believe.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
For a recent idea I had about a thread, why not talk about conspiracy theories you believe, at least on some level. They don't have to be 5 levels deep or world shaking events if they came out as true, but they do need to somewhat be recognized as a conspiracy theory, it can't be some already accepted universal truth on most levels.

As an example, we recently had the Kennedy Assassination files delayed for release again, citing that there's still sensitive information in it that cannot be released. While I think the most likely reasoning is there's ****ups on some important levels that makes American agencies look bad, if you did believe that there was more too it it does build more of a case.

To start I have two basketball ones:

1. That the NBA rigged the 1985 draft lottery to give the New York Knicks the number one pick. They accomplished this by freezing the envelope containing the knicks name so the drawer could find it by touch when he reached into the drum.
2. Michael Jordan's retirement at the literal peak of his powers wasn't to fulfill some childhood dream of playing baseball but was a secret multiyear suspension for gambling improprieties, up to and including point shaving, that would've destroyed the sport if the allegations were made known.

All major sports from the NFL to the MLB have fought tooth and nail to never have discovery happen in a legal case, so there's got to be deeply hidden secrets that they don't want out.

For a different U.S President, I believe the gun that killed Garfield was not lost by the Smithsonian Institution in the early twentieth century, but has in fact been deliberated concealed in order to foil Guiteau’s wishes. Guiteau is on record as choosing the ivory-handled revolver because it would look good in a museum one day.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Probably a boring one, but though I don't believe that the incident with 9/11 was done by the US Government, it was a pivotal event for Dick Cheney and his business partners to invade the Middle East to get more oil. I say Dick Cheney because this leads to the second part, Dick Cheney was in more control than George W. Bush. GWB was more of a useful idiot in that situation. Also, Exxon has been fabricating information in order to make it sound like global warming is a hoax.

Another boring one is that Harry S. Truman was a perfect opportunity to trick the then president into thinking that dropping nukes in Japan was a good idea. Harry S. Truman was not politically experienced, he ran some failed clothing store, and when he got in power, he never heard of the Manhattan project. This leads into me thinking that the nuclear bombs were not needed to defeat Japan, but that doesn't quite go into conspiracy territory.

I don't know if this even counts, but I don't think Jack Thompson even cares about violent video games. He just wants a good scapegoat so that guns aren't blamed, leading to the NRA ways of thinking. Jack Thompson is a horrible human being that wants to also profit from tragedies, so he cares about violent video games enough so he can get rich off them.

I can't think of one really wild. Just people trying to find or happening upon perfect opportunities.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I think there's undoubtedly things the U.S. government doesn't want the general public to be aware of (say what you will about Manning and Snowden and their conduct in recent years but don't they at least prove that?) but it's most likely not what we think. I think it's highly likely that the JFK files as well as other well-known, popular conspiracy theories and locations like Area 51 are basically red herrings at this point. Most likely the information contained within isn't as damning or consequential as many people think it is, but the more mystery these subjects are shrouded in, the more attention people devote to them, and the more attention being devoted to them, the less attention is being payed to things that actually matter, like U.S. drone strikes on civilian targets in the Middle East and subtle violations of your civil liberties here at home.

Gnostic Christian

I begin to believe in a post I put.

---------

Are our Governments and Drug Cartels the same entities?

Other than Governments, who has the power to run the world’s drugs cartels, and have it’s kingpins to never get caught?

I can think of no one capable of such a feat, other than our own governments.

You?

Regards
DL

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I believe that the passenger pigeon isn’t really extinct and the government knows it but is keeping their survival a secret in some sort of restricted area and that occasionally a couple have escaped. I know I’ve seen one on two separate occasions and in different locations and the bird was staring at me. Both times the bird I saw looked exactly like the description of the species I read in books.

I also think that the Oscars are rigged every so often to make sure certain actors, actresses, movies, and occasionally songs win even if they are just awful in the movie they were nominated in. I mean how else can you explain Gwyneth Paltrow winning Best Actress when everyone agrees that she was just awful in the movie and a really really bad actress in general? Or the time Lord of the Rings won everything when it most certainly didn’t deserve all of those wins?

Last edited:

bobjr

Staff member
Don't look at the downfall of international opium sales if you want an answer to that.

Gnostic Christian

Don't look at the downfall of international opium sales if you want an answer to that.

A tip due to custom and fashion.

Big picture, big picture.

Government run illicit drug are allowed to take the odd hit.

Governments have to have us think they are actually fighting this problem.

Most nations will not will not jail as many as the U.S. does.

The real King kills many of his own on both sides.

Regards
DL

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I got a video game one, and it's rather innocuous.

What do Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, and Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival have in common? They were both Wii U titles that were purposely low effort because of the failing of the system, at least how I think it happened. Sega was obligated under contract to make 3 Sonic titles. One was Sonic Lost World, an okay title before the Wii U had the chance to improve sales. Then you have your obligatory Mario & Sonic, but by the time of Sonic Boom, the Wii U was seen as a failure, so they didn't even care about putting the effort in making a good title, let alone a fun one.

AC: amiibo Festival was sort of the same way. Animal Crossing is a title that ideally gets some time in the sun due to it changing throughout the year (seasonal critters and whatnot). Why make a short lived title with a short install base, let alone waste putting one of their most popular brands' main titles on that system. Instead, they opted to just make a low effort title meant to coexist with the amiibo line, but the game itself relied to heavily on them.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i dont subscribe to that many conspiracy theories but there are a few that im open to interpretation.

alien conspiracies are fair game if not a bit wacky at times. we are all just stupid monkey-like creatures who have recently started in the past few decades space travel. space study looking to earthlike planets doesnt mean that much in the universe as different chemical make-ups can produce different species based on entirely on other elements. some life can also be non-corporeal/energy based that we cant detect.

there are also ancient advanced civilizations long lost to time/disasters. Atlantis is one of them but where it actually lies is muddy. pyramid builders, and ancient god like being are another that arent completely thrown out. the way ancient civilazations were able to build to such prescision with less modern tools is fascinating

there are some locations on the planet that have iregular concentrations of radioactivity that cant be correlated to modern A bomb test sites. some sites have very old half-life decay rates that dont match up with known test sites (or covert sites??)

i do give some credence to 9/11 pentagon missile attack, mostly on the basis the damaged area is very small as compared to a full intact airplane impact. no real extra damage from the wings hitting the building seems a bit odd. maybe the wings fell of before the impact but its not one i might dismiss.

if someone said ttump was a reptilian pretending to be human, id be inclined to give it some decent thought.

Morax

King of heroes
there are also ancient advanced civilizations long lost to time/disasters. Atlantis is one of them but where it actually lies is muddy. pyramid builders, and ancient god like being are another that arent completely thrown out. the way ancient civilazations were able to build to such prescision with less modern tools is fascinating
Wasn’t it confirmed that pyramids were built using agglomerated limestone concrete instead of stone-carving them? I remember reading a research paper on it.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
there are some locations on the planet that have iregular concentrations of radioactivity that cant be correlated to modern A bomb test sites. some sites have very old half-life decay rates that dont match up with known test sites (or covert sites??)t.

You might be interested in this phenomenon.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Wasn’t it confirmed that pyramids were built using agglomerated limestone concrete instead of stone-carving them? I remember reading a research paper on it.
quite possible though it does pose a good question on how they got the limestone concrete up that high. i wonder how strong their cranes/winching tech was able to lift. no mortar and super flat and flush fit are quite the mystery. this last part doesnt just apply to the Egypt pyramids but also those is central/south America. the craftsmans ship is amazing.

then again im firmly in the group that believes they are landing pads for Cheops class warship that were full of people controlled by parasitic snakes.

@ divine retribution:
thats a very interesting phenomenon, dont think i looked into that before. there is so much we dont know about how advanced previous civilizations were that its hard to guess if we are now just rediscovering long lost tech but that natural fission reactor phenomenon is very intriguing.

Last edited:

bobjr

Staff member
Carl Sagan, like most astrophysicists, tend to take the idea of Aliens probably existing in some way, just due to the nature of life and how in spite of it's vastness, the Earth is the only one with it.

They won't even throw out the idea that aliens have never been on earth, but never when humans have been around with a written or spoken language.

Morax

King of heroes
quite possible though it does pose a good question on how they got the limestone concrete up that high. i wonder how strong their cranes/winching tech was able to lift. no mortar and super flat and flush fit are quite the mystery. this last part doesnt just apply to the Egypt pyramids but also those is central/south America. the craftsmans ship is amazing.
pyramid-concrete.jpg