• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Conspiracy Theories you believe.

D

Deleted member 384931

Living in the US must be tough, huh?
I am glad I live in Belgium, Europe. Tho here we got other annoying politicians. We are the only country in the world with NINE ministers of Health

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I think that scientists have found life on Mars but are keeping it a secret. The life that exists on the planet is actually underground and not very large. Maybe the size of a loaf of bread at the largest. I also think that there’s a secret group that is secretly funded by the government that gets the guns sold on the black market just to sell them to felons who then go on a shooting rampage and have some sort of proof that guns are the problem and total gun control and restrictions are the answer. It makes sense as almost everyone had a gun in the 1800s yet no one went postal and attacked innocent people randomly and killing dozens in the process. Gun control wasn’t even a discussion until about sixty years ago when you think about it. The government wants to keep the cycle of illegal gun ownership so that politicians can have something to complain about that won’t sound extremely negative to the public.

D

Deleted member 384931

I think that scientists have found life on Mars but are keeping it a secret. The life that exists on the planet is actually underground and not very large. Maybe the size of a loaf of bread at the largest. I also think that there’s a secret group that is secretly funded by the government that gets the guns sold on the black market just to sell them to felons who then go on a shooting rampage and have some sort of proof that guns are the problem and total gun control and restrictions are the answer. It makes sense as almost everyone had a gun in the 1800s yet no one went postal and attacked innocent people randomly and killing dozens in the process. Gun control wasn’t even a discussion until about sixty years ago when you think about it. The government wants to keep the cycle of illegal gun ownership so that politicians can have something to complain about that won’t sound extremely negative to the public.
Wow LOL.

I believe Americans and Russian+Chinese leaders are actually great friends. They just want to have as much money as possibe so they "stage" Americans are bad/Russia are bad for the last 30 years after the Cold War.

Captain Jigglypuff

I believe Americans and Russian+Chinese leaders are actually great friends. They just want to have as much money as possibe so they "stage" Americans are bad/Russia are bad for the last 30 years after the Cold War.
I want to elaborate on the American/Russian thing. I think that the Cold War was clearly a fabrication created by Senator McCarthy to make people afraid of Communism and to blindly believe everything about democracy was good. The Soviet Union was always doomed to fail as a government as the core idea of Communism is that everyone is born equal and is equal and there is no individuals with power as that would mean that person is better than everyone else. But you need a leader in any organization or government which creates a paradox. And when you look at the Soviets in hindsight, they really never posed any true threat or did anything that proved that they were going to attack the US with nuclear weapons.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Based on what we have as evidence so far, his plan was he wanted other people to do all the actual work, but he still told them what he wanted to happen, as illogical or illegal as it was. So you know, the standard Trump playbook.
Trump‘s management philosophy is basically “won’t someone do something about that meddling priest” but on a larger scale.

D

Deleted member 384931

Trump‘s management philosophy is basically “won’t someone do something about that meddling priest” but on a larger scale.
I will never understand how Americans could have voted for Trump (to be clear: I am not insulting your intellect)

D

Deleted member 384931

Quite simply they didn’t trust Hilary or even want a female President and Trump made them several false promises.
We, here in Belguim, are obligated to vote for parties who are all bad,from left to centrum to right. We have to vote 5 times: for the Town where you live, for who govers in Flanders/Wallonia, for the federal gouvernement and European. In America, you arent. I would also not voted for Trump, Hilary or Biden if I lived in America. But Biden was a better option that Trump.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
And when you look at the Soviets in hindsight, they really never posed any true threat or did anything that proved that they were going to attack the US with nuclear weapons.

Yeah, besides stationing nuclear missiles in Cuba where they could strike most major American population centers, a move that makes utterly no sense unless you're preparing for an imminent nuclear exchange with the US.

Of course, they probably only did that because we stationed our nukes in Turkey, where they could threaten Soviet population centers, but let's not pretend like the Soviets were never a threat because that simply isn't true. They were a threat; so were we. It takes two to tango.

Captain Jigglypuff

Yeah, besides stationing nuclear missiles in Cuba where they could strike most major American population centers, a move that makes utterly no sense unless you're preparing for an imminent nuclear exchange with the US.

Of course, they probably only did that because we stationed our nukes in Turkey, where they could threaten Soviet population centers, but let's not pretend like the Soviets were never a threat because that simply isn't true. They were a threat; so were we. It takes two to tango.
You do have a point but the US was more of a threat when it came to nuclear weapons given the atomic bombings they initiated to end WWII. I was also talking more about the paranoia that Communism would destroy the US by infiltrating society and brainwashing people. The weapons seemed more like an intimidation method of saying which form of government was better and it wasn’t like the US was completely free of blame.

I believe covid's been developed in a lab. It's just too much of a coincidence that there happens to be a lab in Wuhan that researches corona viruses and Wuhan's the place where it originated. That one Chinese doc working there who "mysteriously" vanished was someone who knew too much.

However, I don't believe it was intentionally introduced to the population. Might've been a human error or someone not doing decontamination correctly and accidentally taking it outside that way.

D

Deleted member 384931

I believe covid's been developed in a lab. It's just too much of a coincidence that there happens to be a lab in Wuhan that researches corona viruses and Wuhan's the place where it originated. That one Chinese doc working there who "mysteriously" vanished was someone who knew too much.

However, I don't believe it was intentionally introduced to the population. Might've been a human error or someone not doing decontamination correctly and accidentally taking it outside that way.
If that happend I just wished China was honest about it. Everybody has the same problem rn, but China doesnt want to be open to the world, NEVER

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i know ivermectin and any other wacky idea to "cure" covid that the crazy right comes up with is pure BS but i dont have any sympathy for anyone who decides to try these crazy ideas. if you consider yourself to be livestock then by all means use ivermectin to cure or prevent covid in your case. you are just doing society a favor by using ineffective medicines to treat something they werent designed to handle. if the said user gets harmed or passes from said treatment then they deserve a Darwin award for their well earned efforts.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
This thread is a mood. :p

My input is soccer related and recent. The European equivalent of the SuperBowl, the Uefa Champions League final will be held in SaintPetersburg, Russia. During the recent draw for the 8th finals of said Champions League Russian-owned Chelsea got matched with Lille, a club that's currently struggling in their national competition. This pick obviously favors Chelsea by a lot. However, something went wrong with the draw and it had to be completely redone.

Guess what happens.. Chelsea yet again got matched with Lille. How is this possible? The draw is done by grabbing balls from a cup with all other possible match-ups, but each of those balls are taken from a separate cup of balls first (with just a single team). Many believe that some of those cups are extensively heated. So when Chelsea got drawn, there were several other options for it to be paired with, but the guy drawing the other ball (also Russian) would very easily be able to discern which ball would mean Lille considering the speculated heat radiating off that ball.

It's a common conspiracy-theory in countries where football is a thing not called soccer.

Or the time Lord of the Rings won everything when it most certainly didn’t deserve all of those wins?

Blasphemy! At the time it was a gamechanger in terms of adaptation, scope and vfx. The whole thing was though of as impossible to do as a movie - but despite having seen it to death and memetic, the movie actually still holds up to this day.

But yeah, I'd argue that the Oscar's are at least heavily biased..

i dont subscribe to that many conspiracy theories but there are a few that im open to interpretation.
-snip-
if someone said trump was a reptilian pretending to be human, id be inclined to give it some decent thought.

This.. xD

I believe that the 2016 Presidential election was definitely rigged and that Trump tried to rig the 2020 election but the people he paid to rig it again refused because they realized what a huge fiasco he created. I also believe that Trump had planned the Capitol riot in advanced which is why law enforcement didn’t respond or react until things got really bad.

That's just politics.

The Capitol Riots were his doing, but I don't know if he actually planned it or just went with it on a whim. In any case, to use a comparison to a rodeo, he was the guy responsible for keeping the bull gated up - but kept provoking the bull until he felt like releasing it. 'Oh, it got out of control? Who could've thought that would happen...'

Living in the US must be tough, huh?

Been there, done that. Had its charms, met some nice people, met some bigoted people, had some glaring limitations and on the other hand so many parking lots.

I am glad I live in Belgium, Europe. Tho here we got other annoying politicians. We are the only country in the world with NINE ministers of Health

Never pegged you as a southener..

Nine is a bit ott. On the otherhand, you're also one of the few countries where most of the people don't even know their own national anthem. ;P

We, here in Belguim, are obligated to vote for parties who are all bad,from left to centrum to right. We have to vote 5 times: for the Town where you live, for who govers in Flanders/Wallonia, for the federal gouvernement and European. In America, you arent. I would also not voted for Trump, Hilary or Biden if I lived in America. But Biden was a better option that Trump.

I count four? Town, Flander/Wallonia, Federal, EU. In any case, up north it's the same. Town, Provencial States, Federal and the EU.

Honestly, yes and no. This could be an 'Absol'-situation. If you know a certain place is prone to vulcanic activity, it might be helpful to set up a research facility nearby. That doesn't mean that the research facility is actively trying to create seismic activity. And yes, I know a vulcano and a virus aren't the same thing, but I hope the analogy is kinda clear enough.

If that happend I just wished China was honest about it. Everybody has the same problem rn, but China doesnt want to be open to the world, NEVER

China being honest is like "Santa" not being a dirty old man that gets away with fondling little children on his lap while getting his picture taken during the act by the parents of said children. >.>

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

This thread is a mood. :p

Never pegged you as a southener..

Nine is a bit ott. On the otherhand, you're also one of the few countries where most of the people don't even know their own national anthem. ;P
I am lol. Actually the middle of Europe haha. True, we are too lazy to learn it, it is old and we dont even learn it in school. Hell the Red Devils dont even know it. Well Belguim does alot of crazy and stupid things. We have three gouvernements for one country, we had the famous "you cant go to someones toilet during covid times" and we had/have the record of the country with the longest time for no gouvernement 652 days.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I am lol. Actually the middle of Europe haha. True, we are too lazy to learn it, it is old and we dont even learn it in school. Hell the Red Devils dont even know it. Well Belguim does alot of crazy and stupid things. We have three gouvernements for one country, we had the famous "you cant go to someones toilet during covid times" and we had/have the record of the country with the longest time for no gouvernement 652 days.

Nah, to us Dutch you'll forever be southeners. :p

That being said - our government resigned on January 15th due to a big tax-scandal, held new elections, stayed in office as a 'demissionary parlement' and only managed to form a new coalition of parties TODAY. Which is a Dutch record.. That being said, what's most ironic is that the coalition that's newly formed is the exact same four parties that were disgraced by the public a year ago.. >.>

Out with the old (but we'll let them keep their jobs until a new government coalition takes over) and in with the.. ah.. uhh.. old? Yeah, that's Dutch politics for you.

D

Deleted member 384931

Nah, to us Dutch you'll forever be southeners. :p

That being said - our government resigned on January 15th due to a big tax-scandal, held new elections, stayed in office as a 'demissionary parlement' and only managed to form a new coalition of parties TODAY. Which is a Dutch record.. That being said, what's most ironic is that the coalition that's newly formed is the exact same four parties that were disgraced by the public a year ago.. >.>

Out with the old (but we'll let them keep their jobs until a new government coalition takes over) and in with the.. ah.. uhh.. old? Yeah, that's Dutch politics for you.
Haha. No judgement cause here in Belguim in it is hard to form a gouvernement in general.