• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Containment thread for LEAKS of upcoming episodes (READ THE FIRST POST, IMPORTANT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
UnovaMaster has been winning

UnovaMaster is winning

UnovaMaster will never not be winning

Project Patience will succeed
EpWkVDtUUAAxNPa

You’re giving me a ton of mileage.

Broseph08

This. The only way it would possibly be believable is if Ash used his reserves and not the op Gary stu fan favorited Pokemon used in bad fanfics like his current team.
Gonna be honest, I love that they gave Ash a team like his current one. Yeah they really were mostly 'battle drones' but if you're going to give Ash a team of powerhouses, damn. What a lineup. I can 100% believe that writers decided Ash would become a world champ at the start just based on the team they gave him. Dragonite, Gengar, Lucario, Sirfetch'd, Dracovish... phew.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I'd rather they just skip this whole generation altogether
Pretend there's a thumbs down reaction from me because the angry one does not fit my feelings about this post

Durrendal

The first requisite of having a good pokemon series is not having Goh in it. Not having even a single shred of Gohtime makes it instantly better.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I don't like the XY anime, but even I lack the copium stores to say the XY games were better.

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
Naaa
Megas might be the best gimmick anime wise and coolness wise, but in terms of battle mechanics all the other battle gimmicks are actually much better suited for the metagame. Megas was unfair as only few mons could use it, the rest of the gimmicks are much more advantageous purely from a battle mechanics perspective
Gotta agree with you that only a small group of mons being able to use mega was a bit unfair but after seeing at the number of bring back mega posts after every gimmick introduced after X&Y really proves how much mega is loved. Tho it would've been great if at Least Kalos mons could use this mechanic .

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."
Naaa
Megas might be the best gimmick anime wise and coolness wise, but in terms of battle mechanics all the other battle gimmicks are actually much better suited for the metagame. Megas was unfair as only few mons could use it, the rest of the gimmicks are much more advantageous purely from a battle mechanics perspective
The issue with megas is that they gave them to a bunch of Pokemon that did not need the buff. Garchomp, Scizor, Salamence, Gyarados, Tyranitar, Mewtwo, and Rayquaza were already incredibly strong Pokemon. In fact, regular Garchomp, Tyranitar, Scizor, and Gyarados were often used in their regular forms when megas were still available just because the stat boost wasn't necessary when compared to other items that they could use. I remember thinking that my Tangrowth could wall a Gyarados only to get blown up by Supersonic Skystrike. I get that they are fan favorites, but it was seriously too much on those guys.

On the other hand, Pokemon like Beedrill, Pidgeot, Mawile, Sableye, Altaria and more really appreciated having megas since they fell off in viability over the years or were garbage from the start. They never even considered using other items since their regular forms never had a chance at competing in the big leagues. Mega evolution Beedrill turned from a useless Route 1 bug into a demon.

The problem with the other gimmicks is that everything gets them. It's like why would I waste Dynamax on my Unfezant when Gyarados is stronger and has better abilities? They keep the good Pokemon good, and the bad Pokemon remain on the same level in comparison. If megas were given to the right Pokemon instead of the broken stuff, then it would be a lot more fair. Z-moves are a little better in this regard since you could do cool tricks with certain moves, like Z-Conversion Porygon-Z.

Tera is cool, since there are a million strats you could pull off with all the types, but the stat boost from Mega Evolution is still much better. For example, Houndoom is still gonna be frail and (relatively) slow even with Tera. It would rather just go Super Saiyan and get the stat boosts it needs to outspeed opponents and deal some more damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.