• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Containment thread for LEAKS of upcoming episodes (READ THE FIRST POST, IMPORTANT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was the Kalos Exodus so all those people who were there since forever just aren't there anymore.
Me. But I still follow Pokémon until the end of this series and if SV isn’t good then I’ll nope out.
I want to see Wiglett in the anime though

ShadowForce720

I'm hopeful the announcement on oct 14 is finally the SV anime trailer

It seems Ash vs Leon soon close, this is the most likely case

And we can drop the "is Ash leaving?!?!" discussion
What if there isn't an announcement on Oct 14?
Just pointing this out but the announcement that is happening on Oct 14th isn’t an announcement for the SV anime as the announcement is actually referring to an in universe announcement meant that is happening in episode 128.

So basically think about something along the lines of one of Leon’s Pokémon being revealed or something like that.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I suspect this is also part of the reason they stopped making new movies. The anime industry is dying. The age of hand-drawn cartoons is over and the age of CGI has begun. If there is a ScarVio anime then I think this may lend credence to the idea of it being CGI and Ash being retired from the show.
There are major issues with animator shortages and way too many studios being terrible with workload and pay, but I definitely wouldn't say it's dying. CGI especially doesn't seem to be taking over, even if it's increasing, though now that you mention CG, I'm kinda surprised puppet 2D never really took over in Japan AFAIK, you'd guess they'd be all over it with how a lot of studios want to keep churning out stuff ASAP

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I suspect this is also part of the reason they stopped making new movies. The anime industry is dying. The age of hand-drawn cartoons is over and the age of CGI has begun. If there is a ScarVio anime then I think this may lend credence to the idea of it being CGI and Ash being retired from the show.
Ye the industry isn't actually dying. And besides, 2D/hand drawn animation isn't ever going to die anyways.

Ryker101

Kind of stating what was assumed but staff shortages are a big reason for why things are the way they are.

(Incidentally I’m wondering if a seperate topic should be made on the troubled production at this point since it’s because such a big issue the longer we go on)
This explains a lot, I knew that they can still do well when given the resources. It’s not like they grew lazy or anything. Hope things can go smoothly for them in the future and they can get back on their feet

I’m glad that people are now seeing the bigger picture and not just pointlessly hating on it

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Honestly, it is ****ing sad. I know there are problem in the animation industry in general both in the East and West, but man I never expected it to be so bad from a franchise like Pokemon. These people work their ass off and get no recognition whatsoever. I know it is a taboo to talk about it in Japan,but I am sure if they would tell us the whole truth in an official statement,people would be a lot more understanding. At least I am now. I can only imagine of these people must feel right now.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Whoops, accidentally went nuts with this one.
Don’t apologize. This is great insight…

There is a lot of middle ground between traditional, hand-drawn animation and full 3D CGI…

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Honestly, it is ****ing sad. I know there are problem in the animation industry in general both in the East and West, but man I never expected it to be so bad from a franchise like Pokemon. These people work their ass off and get no recognition whatsoever. I know it is a taboo to talk about it in Japan,but I am sure if they would tell us the whole truth in an official statement,people would be a lot more understanding. At least I am now. I can only imagine of these people must feel right now.
It seems like producers just gave them demand after demand and it was overwhelming. It just came out earlier that Project Mew wasn’t planned and when Tomioka gave them the script about the Masters Tournament, they demanded he wrote all of the battles because not having the Champions fight would “be a waste of sketches” after most likely demanding the Champions be their in the first place.

Which would explain why the first Masters Tournament episode felt like it was cut in half, why Leon swept Alain and Diantha and why the Lance and Diantha battle was a bit rough and outsourced.

• First episode felt like it was suppose to be a full episode but smashed in Leon beating Alain
  • Diantha vs Lance came off as choppy in just about every way especially with Dragonite VS Aurorous
  • You could tell they reused animation in this battle from Ash vs Iris, specifically Haxorus using Outrage and Garchomp’s Dragonite’s Draco Meteor
  • Cradily carried that battle but things like Aagron just standing still waiting for the Burn to take it’s toll was jarring.
It’s sad that animator had to apologize and say sorry because of his actions and promise he’ll give the fans better content after being screamed at when he’s new on the job. Even people celebrating Tomiyasu getting “demoted” is wild.

Dealing with unreasonable demands at the job and getting complaints about the work outside of the job. No benefits there

Last edited:

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Well that guy is probably gonna get a talking when they go back to work.

The Masters 8 situation was gonna be rough anyways - there's no way you bring back Iris and Alain only to skip their battles. And then if you show 3, then you kinda have to show Lance vs Diantha.

I've said this before, but I was fine with skipping most of Leon vs Diantha to save animation effort and this backs it up. And while clip shows are annoying, they very clearly need the extra time to get Ash vs. Leon in tip-top shape.

I just hope the situation improves.

dp045

Entonces, el Proyecto Mew tendría lugar al mismo tiempo que la batalla de Ash contra Leon, ¿verdad?
Pokémon al tener más de 100 capítulos no pudo desarrollar decentemente la Serie Mundial o el Proyecto Mew, dándole a cada uno una buena cantidad de capítulos.

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
Funny how everyone pulled a 180 from blaming Tomiyasu for all their problems to sympathizing with the staff. Also funny that people needed official confirmation for the obvious.

What isn't funny is how one twitter account has the power to influence the opinion of the entire community and change the narrative as they will. Yesterday Kurakazu "animated Ash vs Drasna" and now she's "one of the animation directors of the acclaimed Lillie return episode".

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Funny how everyone pulled a 180 from blaming Tomiyasu for all their problems to sympathizing with the staff. Also funny that people needed official confirmation for the obvious.
People are stupid lol. But hey at least they are aware now. Better late than never.
What isn't funny is how one twitter account has the power to influence the opinion of the entire community and change the narrative as they will. Yesterday Kurakazu "animated Ash vs Drasna" and now she's "one of the animation directors of the acclaimed Lillie return episode".
Power of the Internet I guess. But it stays a sad fact that these people get no recognition ever.
Well that guy is probably gonna get a talking when they go back to work.
Someone had to say it. If anything, that is very brave.
I just hope the situation improves.
It will,eventually. I hope. But when and how that will influence the new generation? No one knows.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Someone had to say it. If anything, that is very brave.
Period. Imagine people constantly complaining about your hard work and it’s not like he even said this earlier in the series, it’s reaching its conclusion. It’s sad he felt so bad about it. Not saying it’s right or wrong but pretty sure an person would flip out about that, wouldn't you?

Last edited:

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction

I mean that’s pretty much how PR works.

Which is why i thought it was weird why they never tried to make an apology like YGO Vrains. It would’ve garnered them some sympathy earlier and cooled down things a bit.

Evstike

It just doesn't sit right with me that yesterday the person who incited this mess referred to her as an "Ash vs Drasna animator" knowing how the community feels about that episode to create the narrative of "crappy animator can't take criticism" and now has shifted the narrative to "poor overworked animators are doing their best" as soon they got the answer they were looking for. Where was this energy to defend the staff before? They knew about the production issues and why they were happening. People have been talking about the industry wide animator shortage for a long time this isn't anything new and shouldn't be surprising. The lengths people go to break the news for clout is getting out of hand when it's getting the staff involved but should be expected from someone who "leaked" Ash vs Cynthia being one episode.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Period. Imagine people constantly complaining about your hard work and it’s not like he even said this earlier in the series, it’s reaching its conclusion. It’s sad he felt so bad about it. Not saying it’s right or wrong but pretty sure an person would flip out about that, wouldn't you?
Sure,especially when you can't freely talk about it.
It just doesn't sit right with me that yesterday the person who incited this mess referred to her as an "Ash vs Drasna animator" knowing how the community feels about that episode to create the narrative of "crappy animator can't take criticism" and now has shifted the narrative to "poor overworked animators are doing their best" as soon they got the answer they were looking for. Where was this energy to defend the staff before? They knew about the production issues and why they were happening. People have been talking about the industry wide animator shortage for a long time this isn't anything new and shouldn't be surprising. The lengths people go to break the news for clout is getting out of hand when it's getting the staff involved but should be expected from someone who "leaked" Ash vs Cynthia being one episode.
Who are you talking about exactly? If you mean me, I am sorry about that. I was not good informed. I learnt from my mistakes. I am not too prideful to be admit my mistakes. So I won't share leaks and stuff anymore,since I can cause outrage. I just want to inform people you know.

Evstike

Sure,especially when you can't freely talk about it.

Who are you talking about exactly? If you mean me, I am sorry about that. I was not good informed. I learnt from my mistakes. I am not too prideful to be admit my mistakes. So I won't share leaks and stuff anymore,since I can cause outrage. I just want to inform people you know.
Oh no, it's not anyone here. I don't want to say any names but it's a certain twitter user who frequently posts flamebait and misinformation/exaggerations for interactions. Should be obvious enough based on that description.

EDIT: It rhymes with LootLonthly

Last edited:

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.

I don't know where to post this so I will put it here.

This stupid, stupid,stupid man Mr Director of animation is telling people that if they don't like the recaps that they rewatch older episodes... What a stupid,stupid man.

You IDIOT, you do recaps cause you and Mr Tomiyasu didn't know how to deal with COVID and his consequences and since you did not know you are forced to do recaps and breaks cause you're so broke that probably people who make this anime are not getting paid.

How can Pokemon Anime be good with such wonderfull minds working with it, other animes have survived COVID without doing this stupidity.

Maybe he is this way cause he knows that by the next anime his ass is outta office. Cause this is what happened with Yu Gi Oh and they changed studios.

You're so bad you ruined Pokemon anime and you ruined yourselfes.

Do a good thing once in your life and tell the people what is going on with Pokemon Anime.

Meanwhile Toei is doing “Anatomy” episodes of One Piece where they showcase sh!t that happened merely weeks-4 months ago(it was 4 months simply to due to 45% of it being a movie-tie in mini arc & random one-off recap and/or filler episodes.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Oh no, it's not anyone here. I don't want to say any names but it's a certain twitter user who frequently posts flamebait and misinformation/exaggerations for interactions. Should be obvious enough based on that description.
Ah I understand. I think I know who you are talking about. I just think people shouldn't be so harsh on animators in general. It is a hell of a job and takes alot of time. Well of course some scenes are going to be sloppy, if you take in account the tempo of one episode per week. That is very hard and not alot of anime do it (Yo-Kai-Watch,One Piece,...)

Status
Not open for further replies.