• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Containment thread for LEAKS of upcoming episodes (READ THE FIRST POST, IMPORTANT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
You got to loooooveeee how people miscontrue your points on purpose. "Blaming the entitled fans for everything going wrong" when did that ****ing happen? All they are solely being blamed for is their attitude, insults towards the staff and hypocrisy

It's a tale as old as time for toxic fans to defend their stance by crying when they are called out for insulting the staff by saying "we can't even criticise now?". Criticism has always existed, will exist, and should exist. People should have expectations, be disappointed if they aren't met and want better for their franchise. That does not give them the right to act like toxic buffoons though or excuse the language the use. And nothing EVER excuses insults thrown at the artists if you don't like their art.

Oh and also the rhetoric of telling anyone who criticises the show they should drop it so 'real fans' can enjoy it will always be hilarious! As if the actual reason it's said isn't because they are literally hate watching and thriving in negativity so much they become toxic and it affects them, and as if that is healthy

At the end of the day, I just hope they can get proper suits that are more willing to get involved with the actual process the staff does and what they need to deliver, and mostly I hope they can move on with a new story because that'll be a reset, ground zero, no prior expectations as it'll be treading on new ground and is free to make its own choices. The anime needs that, Ash's story can easily be put aside now with the current narrative that's going on.

That's not entirely true. Datamines found placeholders for two more Kalos games (similar Alola placeholders would later be USUM), and Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves both existed in Gen VI coding, both with animations echoing the Zygarde Cells to some degree. There's also the fact that Zygarde was originally designed as a direct foil to Xerneas and Yveltal, and was later retconned into being a more general guardian of the ecosystem.

That said, it does seem reasonable to believe that the idea for these games was shelved early on. The ideas that later made it into Sun and Moon were very likely original devised for Gen VI, however.
Yes, that's exactly what I said. There was placeholder data found for 2 more games but we never know what they were. Is it reasonable to assume Zygarde would be focused heavily? Absolutely, however that doesn't mean it was XZ or YZ, it could have been sequels, or heck even prequels, or for all we know as GF became unpredictable after ORAS we could have had a game set in the past like LA featuring the 3000 war. Point is, we don't know

We have no evidence to pinpoint what those games would be, nor any evidence to say they were scrapped later and caused everything to be rushed.

The only factual information we have is that there was probably more planned for Kalos, Zygarde's lore might have been saved for Gen 6 only, we had potential for 2 more games based on placeholder data, but it was not the decision they went with, and we don't know when the other decision was made to favour SM (likely a new generation to celebrate the 20th anniversary seemed more tasteful)

Remix2

Not having aito ohashi was a pretty big blow to journeys in the animation department Beside him being imo the best animator but he usually the number two guy behind iwame for big battle episodes if the latter is not in the rotation.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth

ShadowForce720

I always wondered, what’s the plan by having them split up? Does it really matter if Goh isn’t there? What are they going to do cut between Leon vs Ash and then include some Goh stuff because…
What I think is going to happen is that where going to have the Ash vs Leon final battle episodes first and then we will have the Project Mew episodes right after.

But that this will be a situation where the the events of the Project Mew episodes will technically be take place chronologically at the same time as Ash’s battle against Leon.

While we might get a glimpse of Goh watching the match on his phone during Ash’s battle against Leon I don’t think it’s going to be the case where the Mew expedition is going to be sharing episodes with the Ash vs Leon battle.

Akashin

I always wondered, what’s the plan by having them split up? Does it really matter if Goh isn’t there? What are they going to do cut between Leon vs Ash and then include some Goh stuff because…
The only thing I can think of that makes any sense is that whatever is to occur once the finals and Project Mew is concluded wouldn't work properly if one occurred after the other. If for example Ash were to win, it could be that they thought it would be jarring to put any related festivities on hold for Project Mew, but also thought that rushing any such festivities and then saying, "Well that's over... time for Project Mew!" wasn't desirable either. The workaround of having them part, and having their respective arcs occur chronologically simultaneous to one another (maybe driving this home with Goh learning about the result of the finals match at the end of Project Mew), followed by them coming back together for whatever happens next.

I can't really think of any other reason why this could possibly be worth doing.

ShadowForce720

I find it weird that if pm episodes are after Leon battle. Then why make GOH leave? What's the point of making the PM mission and Ash battle simultaneously? Why not the start after the Leon battle. Especially if we're just gonna see pm after either way

Now I don't think pm is off screen but it does make me feel it still a write off for goh

And Chloe arc is basically done
It’s not a write off for Goh, the moment it was revealed that the Mew expedition would only last a week was the moment that killed any chance of that being a way to write off Goh.

Where going to see the Mew Expedition and the battle against Regigigas one way or another, and it won’t be until after that they they write Goh off by having him Goh do something else that doesn’t have a clear timeline.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

dp045

I find it weird that if pm episodes are after Leon battle. Then why make GOH leave? What's the point of making the PM mission and Ash battle simultaneously? Why not the start after the Leon battle. Especially if we're just gonna see pm after either way

Now I don't think pm is off screen but it does make me feel it still a write off for goh

Bad planning, probably. Perhaps, a writer or screenwriter had something planned but then another came up with another way to carry out the Ash vs Leon battle and they had to modify the plot related to Goh.

And, apparently, Chloe is officially retired from the show, it seems. It would be like the GS Ball, which suddenly disappeared and didn't matter.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

We have no idea what they have planned.

Sham

Bad planning, probably. Perhaps, a writer or screenwriter had something planned but then another came up with another way to carry out the Ash vs Leon battle and they had to modify the plot related to Goh.

And, apparently, Chloe is officially retired from the show, it seems. It would be like the GS Ball, which suddenly disappeared and didn't matter.
Trolling or not, why is pedophilia funny to you? Like it’s not even good trolling and instead making a mockery of victims. It’s getting weird and deranged.

You couldn’t have at least been creative instead exploiting being a pedo for shock value?

You could find so much better material and instead you choose something that could trigger people or give children the wrong idea that lurk here.

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Goh's PM mission being after the Leon battle could simply be a subtle declaration that this is not the end of Ash's tenure without needing to proclaim it bluntly.

No reason to not put the 25 year protagonist's final battle at the end of the story, if it was indeed the end. Doing it this way instead strips the fight of the sense of finality and allows the next step to be casually discussed in the back.

Last edited:

Observer

Mostly watching
People on Twitter are speculating that Ash will use a “secret” gimmick he hasn’t used so far to defeat G-Max Charizard.

Apparently he will catch Leon off-guard with a Deez Nuts joke, thus automatically winning the championship while ending Leon’s career.

Well there is another "secret" gimmick that Ash could use, but it's crazy, insane, opens up a crap ton of questions, very random, disregard any and all types of logic, opening up the mind, and above all it'll involve Dracovish embracing it's Mr. Fish name.

Sham

Lets go crazy and let it be all companions. Or Delia and Oak. But there is no way that Hop will be there alone. He is obviously cheering for Leon and unless you count Team Rocket, there is basically no one for Ash. I don't mind Brock and Misty,but it would be random as hell since none of them knowing Ash in the PWC (as far as we know). And also it would be a real dream come true to see all characters interacting (it is actually my only hope for the finals)
Yeah but they can’t really bring one of them without somebody screaming it’s favoritism. I wouldn’t be surprised if they ignored Hop completely and just focused on Diantha and Cynthia commentary. Besides the guys (for the most part) every companion has haters and fans

I doubt it’s going to be all of the companions because it’s gonna be awkward as heck if they’re just still shots and I also doubt they’re paying all of those voice actors. It’ll probably be one or two at the max.

Whoever they are, they really should introduced Hop to them earlier so it doesn’t seem forced

….or Hop could just go in the break room, like he’s the sibling of one of the contestants.

Akashin

Goh's PM mission being after the Leon battle could simply be a subtle declaration that this is not the end of Ash's tenure without needing to proclaim it to the drooling masses.

No reason to not put the 25 year protagonist's final battle at the end of the story, if it was indeed the end. Doing it this way instead strips the fight of the sense of finality and allows the next step to be casually discussed in the back.
That would make more sense if PM were occurring after the finals, though, because then they could explicitly do just this. But making the ends of their respective journeys seemingly simultaneous has the exact opposite effect, by allowing us to have the end of PM and then come right back to where we left off with the end of the finals, if indeed that's what they plan to do.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
That would make more sense if PM were occurring after the finals, though, because then they could explicitly do just this. But making the ends of their respective journeys seemingly simultaneous has the exact opposite effect, by allowing us to have the end of PM and then come right back to where we left off with the end of the finals, if indeed that's what they plan to do.
But even doing it simultaneously strips it of that impact, since it'd just be comparing the conclusion of a 2 year arc with that of a 25 year one.

The current OP alluded to this scenario happening, so it just reinforces this being the conclusion of Journeys specifically, not Ash overall.

Akashin

But even doing it simultaneously strips it of that impact, since it'd just be comparing the conclusion of a 2 year arc with that of a 25 year one.

The current OP alluded to this scenario happening, so it just reinforces this being the conclusion of Journeys specifically, not Ash overall.
Oh, absolutely. I think I misunderstood your initial post as being about Ash and Goh parting (because putting PM after the finals has the impact you're talking about whether they part or not; it makes absolutely no difference), rather than just the placement of their respective conclusions. I do agree that not having the finals be the ultimate climax at least somewhat dulls that impact, unless of course making them simultaneous is being done specifically in service of there being a post-finals climax of some kind that wouldn't work properly if Ash had to run off to join Goh in finishing PM first.

Status
Not open for further replies.