• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Containment thread for LEAKS of upcoming episodes (READ THE FIRST POST, IMPORTANT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinnrob

Water Pokemon Master
The only thing I can think of that makes any sense is that whatever is to occur once the finals and Project Mew is concluded wouldn't work properly if one occurred after the other. If for example Ash were to win, it could be that they thought it would be jarring to put any related festivities on hold for Project Mew, but also thought that rushing any such festivities and then saying, "Well that's over... time for Project Mew!" wasn't desirable either. The workaround of having them part, and having their respective arcs occur chronologically simultaneous to one another (maybe driving this home with Goh learning about the result of the finals match at the end of Project Mew), followed by them coming back together for whatever happens next.
You are most likely right about this. I assume we may get like a scene or two during Ash vs. Leon updating us as Goh heads into whatever PM has in store, setting up his own episode or two after the finals, maybe more if this is the end of his story.

The more I think about it though, I can see him and the PKM 2019 anime sticking around for another gen.

I don’t expect any major changes till we get to Gen 10 and a 30th anniversary.

Also, just a note on the anime industry: As someone who has studied, lived, and worked in and out of Japan for more than half my life at this point, their industries are VERY slow to change.

The anime industry will eventually have its reckoning with their treatment of artists (overworked and underpaid is the general consensus), especially with the declining population and harsh immigration laws. But don’t expect it any time soon. Given the political and social projections of the country, I give it another 10 years or more before major firms like OLM, etc. give in to change.

Most likely they will eventually follow the American example and import their art from other countries like the US does with Taiwan and Korea (fyi we used to do this with Japan too back in the 80s-90’s) causing local artists to continue to undervalue their work in order to compete, sadly.

ShadowForce720

I feel like Project Mew will be offscreened and I doubt it will be shown during Ash’s match.
Then it wouldn’t have said that the Mew Expedition last a week. The Mew Expedition is pretty much Goh’s equivalent to the Masters 8 Tournament, the league tournament, the Grand Festival, and Master Showcase(or whatever it’s called), so we are going to see it one way or another.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Then it wouldn’t have said that the Mew Expedition last a week. The Mew Expedition is pretty much Goh’s equivalent to the Masters 8 Tournament, the league tournament, the Grand Festival, and Master Showcase(or whatever it’s called), so we are going to see it one way or another.
I just don't hope it is during Ash’s match honestly or cut to Gou in the middle of the match. That would be bad for both of them in my opinion.

jinnrob

Water Pokemon Master
I just don't hope it is during Ash’s match honestly or cut to Gou in the middle of the match. That would be bad for both of them in my opinion.
I doubt it will cut to the middle of the match, per se. I think, from a narrative standpoint, they will show only a few scenes of PM Arch during the tournament, at the end or beginning of some episodes, and after have a full on storyline following up on Project Mew.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
I doubt it will cut to the middle of the match, per se. I think, from a narrative standpoint, they will show only a few scenes of PM Arch during the tournament, at the end or beginning of some episodes, and after have a full on storyline following up on Project Mew.
Who knows? Anyway either one of two will suffer from sharing episodes with the other.

Guy100

At times like these with the ongoing breaks, i wish the pokemon anime had done an hour long special for the 1st and 2nd half of Ash vs Leon, and then the same for project mew, just to make up for the ongoing recap episodes.

Heck, i recommend they continue with hour long specials just to make up for lost time. But i fear the company wont do that as they would be very caught up and then not have eniough time to finish other future episodes.

BobbbidyBob

Another option is that instead of doing the anime, they could just release a movie each year and nothing else or if we are lucky with a special attached to it.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Every thread has turned into the "What's going on with OLM?" thread lol

Rohanator

While I love seeing some sympathy for the staff for a change (and don't you mfs forget about this first chance you get), I think some of the discussion about the production issues is a bit overblown, yeah having less animators sucks but remember that they didn't start doing recaps until the tournament began, I don't think they're on the verge of collapsing or anything they just needed extra time for all the consecutive battle episodes (hopefully to make the finals extra special too), once the tourney ends it should be business as usual for a while again. (not that I wouldn't welcome a long break, just seems unlikely the commitee would let go of of a weekly money machine if it's not absolutely necessary)

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

Rune Knight

Hopefully, Leon won't actually be using Eternatus, it'd pretty much be a repeat of Tapu Koko's intervention during Kukui's battle. I think it was fine to do it once and it was poetic in the sense that it sort of established itself as Ash's spiritual during his time in Alola, but I can't see it working for Eternatus; but if it happens then, eh, what are we going to do?

But if his last three pokémon are still vacant, I would personally like them to consist of Mr. Rhyme, a Hisiuan Form (preferably H. Zoroark), and a surprise Gen IX reveal (maybe Quaxly's final evo).

Last edited:

DuskAstral

But if his last three pokémon are still vacant, I would personally like them to consist of Mr. Rhyme, a Hisiuan Form (preferably H. Zoroark), and a surprise Gen IX reveal (maybe Quaxly's final evo).
I think they both fall off.
Hisuian Zoroark is a lost evolution, and Quaxly's final evo has yet to be revealed.

I would look for the Pokémon in Sw /Sh (e.g. Seismitoad, Mr, Rhyme, Rhyperior)

Status
Not open for further replies.