• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Containment thread for LEAKS of upcoming episodes (READ THE FIRST POST, IMPORTANT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
We just got a leaked episode title from a mag episode 130: finals II tossing (not sure if literal or something)

ファイナルⅡ 「翻弄
The part that was bolded actually means "toying with" in the sense of a cat taunting and tormenting a mouse. It basically means that somebody is getting humiliated here.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
When will it air? In 3,4,5 months? Because we will probably have several recaps summarizing the first part of the battle and then some breaks
Reactions like this are what’s wrong with the Pokémon-community. Yes there have been several recaps, but does anyone ever stop to consider that Covid had a major impact on production so they have had to piece together a few recaps to fill in the gaps towards the end? They aren’t machines, they’re people. Try and put out 130-140 episodes, airing weekly over the course of a few years with a huge outbreak of a deadly virus in the middle, which put a halt to production for a considerable amount of time..

This really puts into perspective how entitled people have become, that they’d rather complain that an animated series isn’t good enough, than value the lives of the staff putting that animated series out for them to watch..

Pokemon Master Roxas!

Returning PokeMaster
The part that was bolded actually means "toying with" in the sense of a cat taunting and tormenting a mouse. It basically means that somebody is getting humiliated here.
Yeah, I just looked at the Japanese definition for it. it does mean toying with someone so its like Cynthia part 2 where she played with Ash like that in semifinals III. Leon is doing the same.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Moot has taken so many L's, he needs to stop being considered as a source here by people. What I believe is that he randomly follows the actual leakers and their posts, but when he talks about insiders and all, its all bogus and its him trying to make an educated guess and predict something to boost his credibility. In reality, he has no sources

....Snitch? Lol where did that come from, when did I snitch on somebody (or have anything to snitch about anyway lol)
Im sorry to hear though that things are rough, Id advise trying to stay away from negative things as much as you can nowadays, and clearly JN is that for you. You should probably watch other content that is more positive for you and leaves you feeling better rather than more cynical than JN, and I hope things get better for you

I was going to be very rude but... forget it. It does not deserve to be mad all day... to be fare the Simpsons meme and the Prison Mike thing it's just a big joke, just silly me doing some characters. To annoy people a bit.

But in the end we are Pokemon fans in our own ways...

Pokemon as a whole is my feel good place, When they anounce the games I'm kinda happy I always buy it and I don't care about graphics or National Dex bulls*** I just play and If I don't like it well what are we goung to do.

I'm never going to stop watching Pokemon unless untill Pokemon gets rid of TR that could be next month to be fair.

But I think I will take an example of the anime and take a break untill episode 128 ends. Unless some big news appear off course.

Thank you for your concerns and be safe.

If you've really had experiences with covid you should understand that it can really disrupt workflow when multiple employees are affected simultaneously, especially employees working a time-sensitive job like creating an anime.

Canada has been just as strict about covid as Japan. I work at a childcare center as a volunteer, and to play with the toddlers (many of whom have compromised immune systems and various medical conditions or disorders) we have to be extremely vigilant about making sure we aren't bringing covid into the center as the kids and some of the staff are really vulnerable to covid. This means we need to do online covid screening (via phone QR codes) and isolate for several days if we even have one symptom. Granted, they've relaxed a bit now that the pandemic is mostly over, but before the vaccines were distributed they were VERY strict.

This center is very dependent on volunteers, it cannot function if most of the volunteers are in isolation. Covid spreads faster than any other disease known to man so it is quite possible for multiple volunteers, staff members, and even kids to be sent to quarantine. When that happens the center has to close briefly which is not super ideal for the parents or the kids.

I stand with what I said, the virus is the problem YES, but the important thing if how you react to it and what measures you apply, something has not been done correctly or they have been cautious. In my hospital 20 elders died in 2 years 14 of them during the begining, in the other one 80 died in a month besides being smaller. And it was during 2021 after all the protocols were stablished, things were not done correctly and now the director and cordinator of that place are in Court for Negligence and homicide.

Wow. It's almost as if other anime air shows as seasons but Pokémon is one long continuous stretch. What a Twist!

Ehmmm nope. A lot of animes are schedulled in continuos streech Digimon, One Piece, Boruto, The Adventures of Dai and probably even more. They took a month and a half break and then continued like nothing. However it has been said that the Friday timeslot was not good.

So see you in two weeks.

Thesnowmander11

Let's just restart this one. Bolded some rules people seemingly are having a hard time with:

People have been asking for this thread for a while, so let's get a proper regulated one going, shall we. Keep the following guidelines in mind:

1) This is a thread intended specifically for people that WANT to be spoiled about things they aren't supposed to know yet. For the most part, this means information posted online from people that claim to have exclusive information on upcoming episodes nobody else has. Don't use it to discuss magazine articles, official tweets or other things that you'd normally post in the regular threads for the episodes in question. Remember the point of this thread is to make it safe for people that don't want to know these spoilers to still use the forum, not to keep actual official announcements from them.

2) This is a containment thread for a specific type of spoilers not all people want to see. Things that belong here are infraction-worthy to post elsewhere.

3) Given the subject matter, this means the source of these claims is generally "dude trust me". Assume everything posted here is potentially false, but feel free to discuss among yourselves how potentially "legit" any named leakers are. If it's actually confirmed, though, it probably doesn't belong here.

4) Machine translations of articles, interviews and other info is not leaks and is not allowed.

Feedback, further rule suggestions etc are welcome. Keep them coming.
I’m excited to see what’s happening in the end lmfao

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Wow. It's almost as if other anime air shows as seasons but Pokémon is one long continuous stretch. What a Twist!

Yeah no, that’s not really an excuse. Other weekly anime exists and are doing fine. Something like One Piece specifically has been thriving more than ever, cranking out their best animated episodes in the series’s history, while also releasing a record breaking movie. Covid isn’t an insurmountable wall, but something the production has to handle like all business around the world.

There’s no reason to solely blame or go after the animators because they’re drones working under orders, but there’s no denying the team and production as whole made mistakes that lead them to this point.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Could this be on Tomiyasu and the other showrunners? Yes. It could be.

Could the state of the production be something imposed upon Tomiyasu by those higher up at OLM or other outside forces? Yes. It could be.

We don’t know what is happening that led to the anime being in this state, and I doubt we ever will.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
When production is messed up a lot of shows depend on recaps because it’s saving animation time and resources when they don’t have enough.

COVID or not this is the first series where we’ve had recaps after recaps during a league. This isn’t normal and has never happened before so clearly something is causing this and it’s making things inconvenient for the staff

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
Could the state of the production be something imposed upon Tomiyasu by those higher up at OLM or other outside forces? Yes. It could be.
For once I don't feel like blaming the the suits because they were the ones that had to go down from their lofty perch and tell the PM staff what the **** they were thinking by deciding to only do the Ash battles and have all the other battles be slideshows "because people wouldn't be interested on the non-Ash battles".
When even the souless suits are showing such a basic degree of self-awareness you know things are BAD.
99.9% of the time it would be the opposite situation where the staff would be fighting to be able to do the "extras" and the suits shutting them down.

Yeah no, that’s not really an excuse. Other weekly anime exists and are doing fine. Something like One Piece specifically has been thriving more than ever, cranking out their best animated episodes in the series’s history, while also releasing a record breaking movie. Covid isn’t an insurmountable wall, but something the production has to handle like all business around the world.

There’s no reason to solely blame or go after the animators because they’re drones working under orders, but there’s no denying the team and production as whole made mistakes that lead them to this point.
You'd think the rona is still at its peak and going even harder than ever if you only went by the people still blaming it for one and all issues and problems PM has.

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
Y'all are going off of the assumption that Covid is what caused the production issues when they were apparent long before it hit. Apparently one of the animation directors of the first episode of JN said the ep needed three ADs because of scheduling issues. The third ep had 6 ADs but I don't see anyone talking about this. My guess is that the issues started in late SM and worsened over time as more and more staff couldn't keep up with the schedule and moved onto other projects. Surely Covid made matters worse for an already struggling production, but it wasn't the main cause as many have assumed.

Shipping off the best series regulars to Evolutions didn't help. Neither did making Iwane skip multiple consecutive rotations to pump out four high action specials released within the span of two weeks, leaving nothing in terms of action in the main series during this time. Neither did the producers who made them show off every Masters 8 match when the original plan was likely made taking the state of production into consideration. Yeah, a lot of crappy decisions. Solely blaming Covid and asking why other shows were able to recover will just keep discussion going in circles.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Y'all are going off of the assumption that Covid is what caused the production issues when they were apparent long before it hit. Apparently one of the animation directors of the first episode of JN said the ep needed three ADs because of scheduling issues. The third ep had 6 ADs but I don't see anyone talking about this. My guess is that the issues started in late SM and worsened over time as more and more staff couldn't keep up with the schedule and moved onto other projects. Surely Covid made matters worse for an already struggling production, but it wasn't the main cause as many have assumed.

Shipping off the best series regulars to Evolutions didn't help. Neither did making Iwane skip multiple consecutive rotations to pump out four high action specials released within the span of two weeks, leaving nothing in terms of action in the main series during this time. Neither did the producers who made them show off every Masters 8 match when the original plan was likely made taking the state of production into consideration. Yeah, a lot of crappy decisions. Solely blaming Covid and asking why other shows were able to recover will just keep discussion going in circles.
Looking back at the Alola League, yeah I can kinda see it, making 17 episodes of consecutive battles couldn't have been good for production, and some fights there already looked pretty rough (basically the entirety of the QFs, and some parts of Ash vs Gladion). I think the best comparison I can say that truly shows even early JN's issues would be comparing XY ep 3, SM ep 3, and JN ep 3's animation. The difference between the former two and the latter is night and day

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
For once I don't feel like blaming the the suits because they were the ones that had to go down from their lofty perch and tell the PM staff what the **** they were thinking by deciding to only do the Ash battles and have all the other battles be slideshows "because people wouldn't be interested on the non-Ash battles".
When did that happen?

Also, wouldn’t “the suits” have to approve all of the M8 battles being animated?

When even the souless suits are showing such a basic degree of self-awareness you know things are BAD.
99.9% of the time it would be the opposite situation where the staff would be fighting to be able to do the "extras" and the suits shutting them down.
We don’t know if this situation is caused, or exacerbated, by the suits in the first place. There could be other factors in play here such as budget cuts, headcount reductions, transferring animators off of Pokemon to other OLM productions, etc. I’m not saying those are the causes, but those are possibilities that we can’t discount.

Unfortunately, we’ll probably never know…

Eevee903

You are awesome!
This is kinda funny. This reminds me of some movie directors who find their own movie "amazing",but in reality it sucks.

Of course this could be stress and being overworked. But still that is NO way to treat the audience of your show. So I think even the Japanese audience has enough of these recaps and he is losing it.

I can get why people complain. Pokemon is a series with a good schedule normally and the past year it has been terrible in terms of breaks and recaps.

Last edited:

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
When did that happen?

Also, wouldn’t “the suits” have to approve all of the M8 battles being animated?

It was from one the magazine interviews, i think it was tomioka who said it? Since the M8 is written by him.

But yeah when he was submitting the draft for it to the higher ups, it was originally going to be just be slideshows for all the non ash battles, and the higher ups said nah and that for something like this they should animate everything.

Sham

Why do people a few pages ago act like the pandemic has been gone for a very long time? It’s currently still happening. The point is that an unexpected occurrence happened while producing the show and it possibly caused a disturbance. Episodes and planning happens way before the episodes you get are out.

It’s not like a “hey well we are no longer in a big state of emergency so no more production issues asap!”

This isn’t saying that the pandemic is the true reason but pretending that because things are getting a bit better means that everything before that didn’t happen is dumb.

Covid or not these circumstances hasn’t really happened with Pokémon at all during its running time so it would helpful offering a little bit of grace and mercy towards this already frustrated staff.

Last edited:

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
It's funny how the apparently so horrible to animate so much hard work it was impossible to keep up with XY think of the poor animators please understand the SM artstyle change was all smooth sailing from beginning to end in terms of animation and schedule and what-not.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Why do people act like the pandemic has been gone for a very long time? It’s currently still happening. The point is that an unexpected occurrence happened while producing the show and it possibly caused a disturbance. Episodes and planning happens way before the episodes you get are out.

It’s not like a “hey well we are no longer in a big state of emergency so no more production issues asap!”
I honestly think it is a combination of factors like covid and a shortage in animators. But it is still it weird it is one of the only shows suffering so much rn.

Soniman

Break the Limit
It was from one the magazine interviews, i think it was tomioka who said it? Since the M8 is written by him.

But yeah when he was submitting the draft for it to the higher ups, it was originally going to be just be slideshows for all the non ash battles, and the higher ups said nah and that for something like this they should animate everything.
I completely remembered that happening in reverse what the hell?? What weird buzzard world is this where the suits are pushing the writing team to actually give a crap about the most important arc on the series.

Tbh you really get the feeling that all the non-Ash battles were created VERY begrudgingly with how utterly lacking they were im some degree or another be it animation, battle writing, focus etc. Iris vs Cynthia really was the only one where where you could feel any kind of real passion put into it despite its own issues. Very weird of Tomioka of all people to push for the quick and dirty option

Sham

I honestly think it is a combination of factors like covid and a shortage in animators. But it is still it weird it is one of the only shows suffering so much rn.
It probably is but saying “welp the pandemic is over so stop blaming it” like what’s been being said for a few pages ago is ridiculous.

It’s okay having complaints but at the end of the day most of these people here at least have no right complaining when you are watching the anime streaming live on Twitch, contributing no viewership and I doubt people are watching this on Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.