• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Containment thread for LEAKS of upcoming episodes (READ THE FIRST POST, IMPORTANT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akashin

Tbh you really get the feeling that all the non-Ash battles were created VERY begrudgingly with how utterly lacking they were im some degree or another be it animation, battle writing, focus etc. Iris vs Cynthia really was the only one where where you could feel any kind of real passion put into it despite its own issues. Very weird of Tomioka of all people to push for the quick and dirty option
There's a case to be made that it's entirely possible that the recaps we've been getting inundated with is evidence of exactly why he pushed for that option. If resources are in that dire a state, using recaps to buy time after having had to put more effort than initially planned into other aspects of the M8 makes a bit more sense.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
It probably is but saying “welp the pandemic is over so stop blaming it” like what’s been being said for a few pages ago is ridiculous.

It’s okay having complaints but at the end of the day most of these people here at least have no right complaining when you are watching the anime streaming live on Twitch, contributing no viewership and I doubt people are watching this on Netflix
I do on Netflix actually lol. But I get your point. I think the fans wouldnt mind waiting if they gave us a decent explanation. Remember how the director of Yu-Gi-Oh Vrains apologized when we got recaps? That tweet is the total opposite of this.

Soniman

Break the Limit
There's a case to be made that it's entirely possible that the recaps we've been getting inundated with is evidence of exactly why he pushed for that option. If resources are in that dire a state, using recaps to buy time after having had to put more effort than initially planned into other aspects of the M8 makes a bit more sense.
If theoretically he had to choose between pleasing the fans with a solid finale arc with focus spread amongst the participants or a ash only perspective which would be disappointing to most but be far easier on the staff’s workload then he made the right call choosing the latter but sadly he doesn’t get final say, not that we’ll ever know if that was the case. I’m dying to know even more what’s going on over there now

Last edited:

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction

Honestly it would be interesting to know when the draft thing happened, since it would split the difference between forcing things through or just having bad long term planning.

We’ll probably never know for sure but to me it sound like just bad long term planning in the end to me. Considering how early the M8 tourney was baked into the narrative they should’ve known that they’d have a big climax and that a lot of resource would be needed. So while i can see a lot troubles in the short and medium time frame, everything coming to head at the tail end like it has suggests that they didn’t reorganize properly or that something really big happened last minute.

Rune Knight

It is obviously that Pokemon staff is overworked in general and it shows. Maybe they should do less episodes in a year, if they can't handle it?

Yeah! In addition to having more quality over quantity.

I'd prefer it if we were to given less episodes to expect over constant unwanted fillers and recaps that break the flow of the story. Even if the quality of the animation remains unchanged it's the story progression that matters the most in my opinion! And no one should ever be overworked, that stuff is deadly.

Alas, it's probably not as simple as I'd like it to be, as many of the staff likely depends on episodes being put out on a weekly basis to earn a paycheck.

Shadow_Kxng79

It's clear that something is causing the problems. I doubt they really want to have recaps after recaps. There's gotta be a cause.
Im assuming it's cuz of the fact that they decided to animate all the non ash battles instead of the original intent of his own battles. Now it's putting them behind schedule hard in terms of time and animation.

TheNewGuy

Martinat388

He did the thing!
I seriously hate this fandom at times
Stop going to officials social media and spamming them that you hate their show
Touch some grass, grow some balls and do something productive in your life
Yeah, while there are a lot of things in journeys I don't like, I'm not gonna go and harass them on social media over it.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Probably Misty, Brock, and/or Dawn
Lowkey hoping it’s Iris since she was actually there during the tournament and actually met Hop already.

If it is Misty then I would be a bitter because that means she never got a proper cameo like the rest which just gives you the ick.

Dawn makes the most sense considering she’s actually in the opening and hasn’t debuted yet. Super siked if it’s her.

Having Misty and Brock would be prime though since they always reassured Ash that they believed he could become a Pokémon Masters in OS and SM. They should be there more any other person like in the SM league which was buffoonery to the max tbh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.