• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Containment thread for LEAKS of upcoming episodes (READ THE FIRST POST, IMPORTANT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Having any one of them aside from the four that haven't had an episode would leave a sour taste, since Goh himself has left. Way to ditch the co-lead of the series in favor of characters who got their time in the limelight already.

As for those remaining four, if cheerleading is all they do, and it doesn't naturally flow into something else afterward that centers around them, then I wouldn't want them here anyway.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
My other main issue about Smash Ultimate-ing the cast here is, if this were the case....Why not just have Iris stick around in the first place?

Even if she were to have minimal lines, or have a reason to be in town and just with Ash from time to time, that's still a better setup for her than just dipping out, then suddenly be back apropos of nothing five episodes later.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Yeah, while there are a lot of things in journeys I don't like, I'm not gonna go and harass them on social media over it.
>When you can peacefully criticise the show, not like something/be put off by something and comment about it, and then carry on with your day like a normal person instead of becoming a raging lunatic and harassing the cast and crew
ab67706c0000bebb991b69390fcab978295d198d

Most sane Pokémon anime fan.

I've seen people on here talk about sending death threats to the writers.
Lol thats nothing, people talked about wanting to torture writers in the discussion threads and got like 6-7 likes for it

ALL OF ASH’S COMPANIONS NEED TO BE THERE IN PERSON!!!! And then Serena and Ash can confess their love to each other!

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
ALL OF ASH’S COMPANIONS NEED TO BE THERE IN PERSON!!!! And then Serena and Ash can confess their love to each other!
Really?
Shippers are insane lol, I remember Zutara shippers came together to pay money to name a star 'Zutara' XD
Truly it’s becoming an epidemic where people feel the need to harass staff like they have much control over how a show runs and that threatening them actually accomplishes anything but making them scared to do their job.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Truly it’s becoming an epidemic where people feel the need to harass staff like they have much control over how a show runs and that threatening them actually accomplishes anything but making them scared to do their job.
'The Last Jedi' effect. Whatever your opinions on that movie, ever since the shitstorm surrounding it social media has become so toxic with their hatred and insulting creators and artists seems like a norm at this point, which makes me so angry
And people are hypocrites when they try to defend artists because they wont do that for everyone, for example everyone insults D&D after GoT s8 which I get was pretty bad, but the sheer toxicity and hatred against them as people?
Whenever someone argues their point regarding an art by insulting the artist, I lose respect for them and the tendency to have a good faith discussion

Sham

'The Last Jedi' effect. Whatever your opinions on that movie, ever since the shitstorm surrounding it social media has become so toxic with their hatred and insulting creators and artists seems like a norm at this point, which makes me so angry
And people are hypocrites when they try to defend artists because they wont do that for everyone, for example everyone insults D&D after GoT s8 which I get was pretty bad, but the sheer toxicity and hatred against them as people?
Whenever someone argues their point regarding an art by insulting the artist, I lose respect for them and the tendency to have a good faith discussion
Oh when Dany went mad? That’s very true, if you don’t like something then cirque the art and not the artist. All it does is the opposite and makes these people not want to work on a project and produce what you (the show) likes. Wether it’s a single comment or multiple; it’s very valid to take threats seriously. People are crazy and people brushing this off as “well it’s not a lot” is intellicutaly inept. That’s scary.

And then even then, how do you think getting a bunch of hate comments effects the psyche?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Oh when Dany went mad? That’s very true, if you don’t like something then cirque the art and not the artist. All it does is the opposite and makes these people not want to work on a project and produce what you (the show) likes. Wether it’s a single comment or multiple; it’s very valid to take threats seriously. People are crazy and people brushing their off is intellicutaly inept. That’s scary.

And then even then, how do you think getting a bunch of hate comments effects the psyche?
Its also the fact that constantly basking in negativity and hatred towards anything, even if its just a tv show, is so freaking unhealthy. People NEED to move on or just stop watching if something affects them this much, its not healthy, for anyone

Rohanator

I hate how everyone talks about the anime's production issues like it's some great mystery waiting to be revealed in an interview someday, here's the deal: THEY JUST HAVE LESS ANIMATORS CURRENTLY. Big names like Aito Ohashi, Takeshi Maenami and Tu-Yong Ce haven't been credited in any episode for at least like a year (aside from the OP), therefore they are obviously not regulars right now, they either simply got busy with other shows (the latter two are regulars in One Piece which has been non stop action for a while now so they're constantly carrying heavy work loads there), or COVID somehow caused them to want to settle down in another studio, but either way, they haven't been as available as they used to be, and that, for an anime production, is all that needs to happen to cause the issues we are currently facing, because guess what, anime is drawn by human artists, and when you have less artists on the team, you'll either have less anime or worse anime. And because the anime industry has a massive overproduction issue, replacing any given artist you may lose along the way is not that simple even if you had the money to pay them, because chances are anyone you can think of is already busy with any of the 50+ goddamn new animes that start every 3 or so months.

Why do you think we started getting recaps immediately after the Masters Tournament started, not ever before it? It's not a friggin coincidence, the series became more action oriented, therefore more time consuming to draw, therefore too much for the amount of animators they currently have on board without some countermeasures such as recaps to give them more time. There isn't some crazy conspiracy mismanagement mess going on behind the scenes, the artists hit up the directors like "ay boss we can't do this much by ourselves" and the director was like "well I can only gather so much help in this ***** of an industry so let's just take a few breaks, no biggie". I see no reason to think it's anything beyond that.

My favourite show Gintama went through the same thing in its final arc, story had a big war going on, more consecutive action than ever before, and wouldn't you know it, they had less animators than ever before at that exact moment because sometimes that's just how it goes.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The funniest thing in all of this is people who say dumb **** like "I could do a better job than any of them" while ignoring the several stages, tight scheduling, and limitations that come when writing a single episode for even an anime like Pokemon.
Considering EVERY single fanfiction that ive seen that tries to correct what went wrong in stuff like Star Wars or Game Of Thrones being utter **** or derivative of what happened makes this even funnier

Sham

Considering EVERY single fanfiction that ive seen that tries to correct what went wrong in stuff like Star Wars or Game Of Thrones being utter **** or derivative of what happened makes this even funnier
Additionally most of these people lack the experience, credentials and creativity to even think about making something better.

It’s hard to please everybody at once, so what makes you think your work wouldn’t be critiqued by fans as well or that you’re writing a universally liked story?

Status
Not open for further replies.