• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Containment thread for LEAKS of upcoming episodes (READ THE FIRST POST, IMPORTANT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
I love how people are arguing that everything is rushed and people need a break, when this is exactly what everyone has been saying since XY. We don't need so many new games every year, they need to take their time developing this stuff and by extension producing an anime. The quality is not as good as it used to be.
I guess that is how the higher ups see it both anime and games alike. And it is a shame. Both the animators and fans want to have a final product they can be proud off.

Good animation asks time. Something they obviously don't get.
A good story and graphics for a game also costs time. They don't get that either.

There is a reason why some anime/games take years to develop and animate. Yet Pokemon does it on a tempo that isn't healthy for both the fans and the staff.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
…how did this conversation suddenly veer into games?

Anyway, it’s weird to see ‘entitled fans’ get blamed for this current mess, when it’s most likely just a result of issues stemming from extreme mismanagement on OLM’s part, and the nature of Pokémon as a perpetually airing weekly show with almost no breaks in between.

Having a ‘less entitled fanbase’ wouldn’t help a messy project that keeps trying to maintain an unsustainable production schedule. Hell, I’d go as far as to say that it’s a complete non-factor when it comes to the anime’s current issues.
I love how people are arguing that everything is rushed and people need a break, when this is exactly what everyone has been saying since XY. We don't need so many new games every year, they need to take their time developing this stuff and by extension producing an anime. The quality is not as good as it used to be.
It sucks. Companies want the absolute best RoI they can get on a product, and making an ‘acceptable’ game in the least amount of time is better than making something of genuinely high quality for them. This isn’t the fault of the people actually making the games either; this is solely to blame on the higher-ups who keep giving production staff unrealistic deadlines.

Last edited:

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Welcome to Capitalism, the bane of every creative industry.

Do the bare minimum for the lowest cost possible and squeeze out the most possible $$$ even if the end-product is mediocre at best and isn't deserving of any praise and/or extravagant pricetag. And the sad part is that there are ignorant people who'll lap it up happily without even looking deeper at every aspect, while trying to villainize anyone who so much as tries to burst their illusion of happiness.
Seen this a lot with every media franchise.
If you've been an Assassin's Creed fan since the start, you'll know how hard this stings.
…don’t remind me

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
Blaming the "entitled fans" for wanting the things of their favorite franchise to be better and would happily wait longer for their release if it meant an overall high quality product rather than blaming the souless suits who keep forcing the machine harder and faster so they can profit more and the "real fans" who keep buying everything without question and asking for more and more as quickly as possibly while calling everyone who dares to say anything about the continuously lowering quality of the franchise products "entitled" and that if they don't like it they should leave and leave things to the "real fans of the franchise" like them.
Tale as old as time. Sad.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
I mean I could see Leon using Mega Evolution,but with Charizard? Idk. I find it weird that he Gigantamaxed Rillaboom in the first place.
Eternatus would be just too OP,imagine Ash beating it. The Eternatus situation in general is random as f.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
wondering how true this can be.
Actually Leon adjusting his strategy against Ash and learning how Mega Lucario worked against Dynamax Togekiss and deciding to Mega Evolve Charizard instead would be quite interesting.

I like the possible idea of both using 3 gimmicks each but I don't like the 3rd gimmick for Leon being Eternatus. Unless we are supposed to believe Mega Lucario/Z-move Pikachu=Mega Charizard Y and Eternatus which is hard to grasp.

Leon loosing control over Eternatus would be an interesting twist but then the battle itself will loose because of it.

UnovaMaster

Blaming the "entitled fans" for wanting the things of their favorite franchise to be better and would happily wait longer for their release if it meant an overall high quality product rather than blaming the souless suits who keep forcing the machine harder and faster so they can profit more and the "real fans" who keep buying everything without question and asking for more and more as quickly as possibly while calling everyone who dares to say anything about the continuously lowering quality of the franchise products "entitled" and that if they don't like it they should leave and leave things to the "real fans of the franchise" like them.

You're in charge of your decisions

Start acting like it

Note: Sham liked and agreed with this post in a rare instance of brain cell activation

Last edited:

Eevee903

You are awesome!
wondering how true this can be.
Actually Leon adjusting his strategy against Ash and learning how Mega Lucario worked against Dynamax Togekiss and deciding to Mega Evolve Charizard instead would be quite interesting.
It would be a twist. Imagine them using Charizard Y to nerf Charizard instead of Gigantamaxing so it is more believable for Ash to beat it. Look at what happened with Garchomp.
I like the possible idea of both using 3 gimmicks each but I don't like the 3rd gimmick for Leon being Eternatus. Unless we are supposed to believe Mega Lucario/Z-move Pikachu=Mega Charizard Y and Eternatus which is hard to grasp.
I mean instead of using a Z-Move using Eternatus. It would make Leon extra OP.
Leon loosing control over Eternatus would be an interesting twist but then the battle itself will loose because of it.
It would it feel like Ash is lucky that Eternatus is losing control.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Given how much the anime loved pandering Mega Evolution, Mega Charizard would probably be a buff if anything.
The big twist will be Leon using G-max on his Charizard to nerf it.

That's why Lance, Diantha and Raihan faired ok against it.

It's like Kenpachi's eyepatch.

So the true scalling for Leon is:
Mega Charizard Y>Base Charizard>G-max Charizard

Last edited:

BobbbidyBob

Hasn’t pokemon been a weekly show for years? I just don’t understand since I’m kind of new lol how come these issues are new now? How did they manage as a weekly show for so many years?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Hey careful, sounding pretty......entitled there.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Hasn’t pokemon been a weekly show for years? I just don’t understand since I’m kind of new lol how come these issues are new now? How did they manage as a weekly show for so many years?
I’m not a fan of the implications I’ve seen that this was “inevitable” for the anime because they were weekly when honestly the fact they were able to keep it going for this long makes me believe production was relatively smooth and the only things that shook production were external factors like natural disasters or tragedies and not bad internal management, until now obviously. I think it was just a really bad streak of a lot of things happening at once (Covid, Staff leaving, etc) that just broke the camel’s back and they’ve been struggling to recover

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Good animation asks time. Something they obviously don't get.
A good story and graphics for a game also costs time. They don't get that either.
I think it’s a little arrogant for anyone on these forums to say that the GF/TPC/TPCi/OLM executives (who have been doing this for over 25 years) somehow don’t get things…

DayQuil95

The big twist will be Leon using G-max on his Charizard to nerf it.

That's why Lance, Diantha and Raihan faired ok against it.

It's like Kenpachi's eyepatch.

So the true scalling for Leon is:
Mega Charizard Y>Base Charizard>G-max Charizard
I mean, with Drought and that colossal SP. Atk boost he would probably one-shot Ash's whole team lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.