• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Containment thread for LEAKS of upcoming episodes (READ THE FIRST POST, IMPORTANT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Pikachu was nerfed heavily by Zekrom, I still don't get why nobody mentions this. Was it a plot device? Yeah, but it was shown on-screen.
And it would have huger plot relevance if not for the unfortunate earthquake.

He then proceeded to lose to Trip again in like 5 episodes.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I hope if Ash does win, he does not outright refuse the title as he did when asked to become a frontier brain.

I'm not so sure, the prestige factor that comes with the world monarch status is alot higher than the battle frontier which was treated more like a secretive fight club from how Scott promoted it, and to me at least It would feel disrespectful to alot of the people Ash beat to get there if he just turned it down.

Also as others have pointed out, if Ash had become a frontier brain, that would've meant being put in charge of his own facility, thereby restricting his freedom of travel, being world monarch would not do that, sure he might have to have title defenses every once in a while that might require him to go to a stadium in whatever region he's in, but as far as traveling goes, considering how easily it was for him to travel around the world this series, despite how it was handled is still pretty plausible overall.

He then proceeded to lose to Trip again in like 5 episodes.

The more I look back at Unova, I personally feel that part of the reason Ash and Pikachu got reset so bad was because of how the first two unova games were done story wise, as they were trying to recapture the feel of how gen 1 was, with past gen pokemon being locked to the dream world and post game forcing players to only use the new pokemon, but even so I do think they went to far with it.

We already know that S/V have past gen pokemon so there is no reason for them to go that far again.

Durrendal

Not necessarily. It might be more like Ash Greninja or something similar.
Or, hear me out, Pikachu might become a generational hand me down source of power.

We've seen it countless times in anime. Ancient demon/divine beast/thingamabob sealed/captured/partnered up by the father/grandfather/mentor is rediscovered by the new kid.

Pikachu might simply be given away to Ash's progeny/spiritual successor/mentee with the justification that Ash has responsibilities now that he can't get away from, but Pikachu deserves to see the world so he should go have adventures with Nash/Cash/Lash.

Guy100

Wouldn't it be trolling, if Ash wins the tournament, then phones his mom at home to find out from his mother that his dad paid a visit at Pallet town and saw his match then left to continue his journey.

Jokes aside, I doubt the anime is ending anytime soon without Ash becoming a pokemon master, and not meeting both his father and grand father.

I really feel that if there going to end the final saga of the pokemon anime it go out in a monumental bang with it ending in a stand alone movie.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I don't think Ash will go away completely. As long as there's new games around the corner, the anime will get its hands on the pie just like with every other Pokémon game since.

However, I do think it's likely that it's the end of the weekly series that we know since 1997. What is likely going to be Gen 9 anime is a series of limited specials not unlike the Arceus specials. In fact, it was unusual for a game promotion to be given a dedicated limited series rather than be part of the main series. Yet, it covered everything you need to know about Hisui (without time travel) in the anime. And given the strains the main anime suffered to be a weekly series (lack of animators, long breaks), it is logical to assume that this would be the new approach.

Of course, such an approach means that Ash would not have any long-term goals. I doubt a mini-series would cover 8 Gyms without Ash rushing the whole thing. Ash being in the limited series would also limit any screen-time with his Pokémon team, either old or new.

In that regard, given that Ash building a team and reaching in a long term goal is the main appeal of Ash's story, the character arc of Ash would be finished with Leon, and Ash is semi-retired by the show. Thematically and technically, if the speculations are true, Ash's journey with us ends in Journeys. He and Pikachu will still go on to become Pokémon Masters, but our time with him would end. From time to time, he would show up to give us an update of his progress, but a lot of it would be left in the air and to the imagination.

Jikkle

Volcano Trainer
I don't think Ash will go away completely. As long as there's new games around the corner, the anime will get its hands on the pie just like with every other Pokémon game since.

However, I do think it's likely that it's the end of the weekly series that we know since 1997. What is likely going to be Gen 9 anime is a series of limited specials not unlike the Arceus specials. In fact, it was unusual for a game promotion to be given a dedicated limited series rather than be part of the main series. Yet, it covered everything you need to know about Hisui (without time travel) in the anime. And given the strains the main anime suffered to be a weekly series (lack of animators, long breaks), it is logical to assume that this would be the new approach.

Of course, such an approach means that Ash would not have any long-term goals. I doubt a mini-series would cover 8 Gyms without Ash rushing the whole thing. Ash being in the limited series would also limit any screen-time with his Pokémon team, either old or new.

In that regard, given that Ash building a team and reaching in a long term goal is the main appeal of Ash's story, the character arc of Ash would be finished with Leon, and Ash is semi-retired by the show. Thematically and technically, if the speculations are true, Ash's journey with us ends in Journeys. He and Pikachu will still go on to become Pokémon Masters, but our time with him would end. From time to time, he would show up to give us an update of his progress, but a lot of it would be left in the air and to the imagination.
What I think they could do is give the gym challenge to whoever Ash's companion is and Ash's big moments will be his title defense matchups but in between he can adventure with his companion(s) as he normally does.

LeNewbiee

My only concern with Ash being the champ is..... How will he even handle the fame and power he will possess??

Leon probably talks to the media frequently and is always followed by a bunch of admirers. Then he probably attends bunch of photoshoots, political and global meetings, meet and greet, plus he needs to be there right away when a town or city is in trouble!!!!! Then corporate snakes like Rose will try and use him for their own benefit.

Don't know how a 10-year old will handle all that.

AJ97

My only concern with Ash being the champ is..... How will he even handle the fame and power he will possess??

Leon probably talks to the media frequently and is always followed by a bunch of admirers. Then he probably attends bunch of photoshoots, political and global meetings, meet and greet, plus he needs to be there right away when a town or city is in trouble!!!!! Then corporate snakes like Rose will try and use him for their own benefit.

To be fair, Ash doesn't need to beat Leon for this to happen in the first place. Getting into the Master Class alone would likely give one celebrity status.

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master

Galar Champion =/= World Tournament Champion

raisus_77

Honestly I just want Ash to lose and go to Paldea because of how smug his fans have become, especially in regards to people who remain neutral about the outcome.

Well, that and because this battle feels very anticlimatic with only Chloe, Dawn Cynthia and Diantha present, not even Goh. Like, really?

And partly because I wanted to see Leon using Gmax 3 times against Ash 3 gimmicks xd they could just make up an explanation.

Espeonite

Honestly I just want Ash to lose and go to Paldea because of how smug his fans have become, especially in regards to people who remain neutral about the outcome.

Well, that and because this battle feels very anticlimatic with only Chloe, Dawn Cynthia and Diantha present, not even Goh. Like, really?

And partly because I wanted to see Leon using Gmax 3 times against Ash 3 gimmicks xd they could just make up an explanation.

Goh not being there is a good thing.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

what's wrong with wanting to remain neutral?

even if Ash comes up short to Leon, the "damage" is already done, he's pushed Leon harder than anyone else has, and he still beat Steven, Cynthia and even Iris.

If anything from my perspective i'm seeing just as much if not more smugness from those who think the status quo must continue by Ash going to the next gen like nothing he did in this one matters, and believe he and pikachu will be reset again when JN's pretty much shattered who knows how many "patterns" people thought were set in stone and could very well continue even if he only gets "new" pokemon, who's to say they won't be strong from the get go fully evolved/non evolving ones like Dragonite, Gengar and Om Nom Nom? Sure it's not guaranteed but it is a possibility.

So what is Ash supposed to have this giant cheerleading section at the stadium?

Think about how many voice actors would have to fit that situation realistically, not to mention how many times would they cut away from his battle to have 1 or 2 of them talk with one another?

i'd rather take the silent watching instead.

Last edited:

raisus_77

what's wrong with wanting to remain neutral?

even if Ash comes up short to Leon, the "damage" is already done, he's pushed Leon harder than anyone else has, and he still beat Steven, Cynthia and even Iris.

If anything from my perspective i'm seeing just as much if not more smugness from those who think the status quo must continue by Ash going to the next gen like nothing he did in this one matters, and believe he and pikachu will be reset again when JN's pretty much shattered who knows how many "patterns" people thought were set in stone and could very well continue even if he only gets "new" pokemon, who's to say they won't be strong from the get go fully evolved/non evolving ones like Dragonite, Gengar and Om Nom Nom?

So what is Ash supposed to have this giant cheerleading section at the stadium?

Think about how many voice actors would have to fit that situation realistically, not to mention how many times would they cut away from his battle to have 1 or 2 of them talk with one another?

i'd rather take the silent watching instead.
Sorry if my English was poor, but what I was saying was that I hated those smug people that answered like that even to people who prefer to remain neutral, saying things like "it's official Ash is winning lol"

And... yes? Do they need to have them talk and comment the battle every time? Just show them in the public is not that difficult.

AJ97

Sorry if my English was poor, but what I was saying was that I hated those smug people that answered like that even to people who prefer to remain neutral, saying things like "it's official Ash is winning lol"

And... yes? Do they need to have them talk and comment the battle every time? Just show them in the public is not that difficult.
Lmao dude... You do realise that this is not a "Real Match" like a football game or something. It's an animated cartoon with a pre-determined plot.
Those who are saying "It is official Ash is winning" are probably basing this out of Leaks from sources they think are good. What does that have to do with being "Smug" lol?

Sham

The Guardian of War
All of these think pieces, arguments and posts about breaking the status quo and should Ash win as if this dude is not gonna lose within the first few episodes of Paldea idk

Last edited:

Dimitris92

Lmao dude... You do realise that this is not a "Real Match" like a football game or something. It's an animated cartoon with a pre-determined plot.
Those who are saying "It is official Ash is winning" are probably basing this out of Leaks from sources they think are good. What does that have to do with being "Smug" lol?
Well leaks could be true. But regardless of what really happens he did pressure Leon and defeated Steven and Cynthia. He did much already.

Status
Not open for further replies.