• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Containment thread for LEAKS of upcoming episodes (READ THE FIRST POST, IMPORTANT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

raisus_77

Lmao dude... You do realise that this is not a "Real Match" like a football game or something. It's an animated cartoon with a pre-determined plot.
Those who are saying "It is official Ash is winning" are probably basing this out of Leaks from sources they think are good. What does that have to do with being "Smug" lol?
That I don't like it and feel bothered by it? I don't know DUDE what feels ridiculous to you doesn't neccesarily feels like that to me.
And I don't know what you mean with that question. Being smug is being smug. I don't care about Ash winning or not, but I hate people commenting here or in twitter or reddit so arrogant that other people are obviously wrong and Ash is taking this yes and yes and should stop saying otherwise or remaining neutral. It makes me wants him to lose, period.

Last edited:

Martinat388

He did the thing!
All of these think pieces, arguments and posts about breaking the status quo and should Ash win as if this dude is not gonna lose within the first few episodes of Paldea idk
Ash didn't lose within the first few episodes of Journeys. He didn't lose till he battled Leon in episode 13.

In fact, now that I think about it, what WAS Ash's first loss in Sun and Moon?

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Ash didn't lose within the first few episodes of Journeys. He didn't lose till he battled Leon in episode 13.

The only real loss that comes to mind was his first battle against Nanu.

I’m sure there were others, but that is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Sham

The Guardian of War

Well Ash has only ever lost to two people this entire series and has been defeating Champions with power levels forming from osmosis. I wouldn’t really count this. Somebody already explained the SM thing. However, that winning streak will end and as long as he’s the main character, that will happen.

We have only tomorrow's episode to enjoy from and then nothing interesting until December 9th episode which is the final episode of Journeys.
Yikes but the truth.

BobbbidyBob

We have only tomorrow's episode to enjoy from and then nothing interesting until December 9th episode which is the final episode of Journeys.
You know, some of us do want to see project Meat

Broseph08

Well Ash has only ever lost to two people this entire series and has been defeating Champions with power levels forming from osmosis. I wouldn’t really count this. Somebody already explained the SM thing. However, that winning streak will end and as long as he’s the main character, that will happen.
Yeah but based on how they've been writing him the last couple series, the only people he will lose to will be Geeta or other champion rank trainers. Paldea has a whole rank full of trainers who are 'champion level' so there's no shortage of them. Especially if he builds a team from scratch again

Sham

The Guardian of War
Yeah but based on how they've been writing him the last couple series, the only people he will lose to will be Geeta or other champion rank trainers. Paldea has a whole rank full of trainers who are 'champion level' so there's no shortage of them. Especially if he builds a team from scratch again
Yeah I doubt it. Like as in seriously doubting it. Guess we’ll find out though

Broseph08

In both XY and SM, Ash rarely lost. The backlash of the BW series is one of the few very quantifiable things we can see in the anime last couple series. After that series, they've worked overtime to backtrack from that characterization and build up from Ash's skill in DP instead. He'll def lose but it will be either to another strong trainer or he'll lose using new Pokemon just like Riolu took a couple early Ls

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

We all know that ash can't always win, but it's not really "if" he loses going forward, but rather "how" he does, at the very least with Pikachu.

If Pikachu puts in a good performance tomorrow, then it's gonna look really weird to see it just up and lose to a newbie pokemon which some like yourself expect, a new pokemon (like the new starters) Ash just caught losing is perfectly fine, but with how strong they are portraying Pikachu now, it's hard to see it just lose like it's no big deal anymore.

If the writers play the "Zekrom" card again that's only going to turn people off, especially since it there is any continuity which there likely will be, it's gonna make new viewers go back and watch older sagas like this one, and they are probably going to be wondering why Pikachu could beat down the likes of Mega-Metagross and perhaps Leon's Charizard, only to lose to something completely random that is no where near the same level of power.

I just don't understand why people think the show needs to return to the "status quo" of older saga's when trends and patterns have been getting broken for quite a while now, and I prefer seeing them broken because of how boring the show was getting. If it's because one doesn't like JN's, well no saga is ever perfect, and I'm sure the next series will have it's fair share of flaws as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.