• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Containment thread for LEAKS of upcoming episodes (READ THE FIRST POST, IMPORTANT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Yeah no, the universe will die of heath death before that happens.
Lillie found her dad and Brock is a Pokemon Doctor...so yeah?

Niormon

if there is a new anime I don't see how it will focus on Ash, I honestly feel like gen 9 region will be for Goh, since he has a lots of room to grow and its very clear he isn't getting Mew the way the episode ended framed like Ash is gonna hear bad news.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Those aren’t “dreams”.
Except they are. Brock's original dream was to become a Pokemon Breeder. He had a whole arc at the end of DP where he reevaluated his dream and decided to become a doctor instead. I don't think Lillie had "dreams." She had multiple goals throughout the series, and she managed to achieve all of them on-screen.

But Ash hasn't become a pokemon master.
Pokemon master,
Pokemon Master is a plot device. They've never explained what it really is or how you achieve it. We only know what it isn't or what doesn't make you a Pokemon Master.

In universe, Ash will probably never achieve it, but it will serve as his drive to continue his journey and to meet new people and Pokemon.

top coordinator, kalos queen
Are actually things that can be achieved. We know what it takes to become a Top Coordinator or Kalos Queen. It's possible that May actually became a top coordinator as she's called "The Hoenn Princess," but I doubt we'll ever have that confirmed due to her VA situation. Serena's goal was to become a Pokemon Performer, which she has done in Hoenn. Kalos Queen was just a means to achieve that dream.

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
How many steps can he keep having to get to pokemon master though? You literally just have to bring in crazier and crazier levels of strength people to be the new leon tier.

I could see the show pulling something like "Pokemon Master" being a state of mind, and that the real Master was the friends we made along the way lol.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
He haven't met his father yet or atleast face Giovanni one last time so there's that.
.....yeah? Dude....I don't really think that writing team ever cares about Continuity of os-sm other then do it for fan 's member berries.... see "Satoshi VS Dande" battle?

Last edited:

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
From my point of view, a Pokemon Master is that one that knows everything about Pokemon not only from a battle perspective, but every other perspective. Ash reached his peak with battles, what he wants now is to see the world, maybe capture decent amount of rare Pokemon, and finally be able to say that he knows everything about Pokemon and its world. That's when he will become a Pokemon Master.

AJ97

How many steps can he keep having to get to pokemon master though? You literally just have to bring in crazier and crazier levels of strength people to be the new leon tier.
The way I see it, being a "Pokemon Master" = being the best at everything Pokemon-related. It's not just about being the strongest Battler.

Think about it. Ash is excited about literally everything that is Pokemon-related (Even Outside of Battling). Catching Pokemon, Meeting new Pokemon, and even random other competitions like Pokemon Sumo, Racing events, and even contests. I mean, he even participated in a Cake making competition that was Pokemon-related.

There's always going to be lots to learn and it's impossible to learn everything in a lifetime. So this recurring goal will never be accomplished for the rest of the future.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
I mean, Ash probably knows himself that he still has room to grow. He only barely defeated Leon because he had access to 4 (!) gimmicks, 2 of them being used by his strongest Pokémon, as opposed to Leon’s 2 (out of which only 1 was used with Charizard).

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I mean, Ash probably knows himself that he still has room to grow. He only barely defeated Leon because he had access to 4 (!) gimmicks, 2 of them being used by his strongest Pokémon, as opposed to Leon’s 2 (out of which only 1 was used with Charizard).
The weirdest part is, despite barely defeating Leon, his reaction to the victory and becoming the WORLD CHAMPION was just regular win reaction, like he just beat a random gym leader. Felt super underwhelming, haha.

AJ97

1) Saying Ash won the match because of gimmicks alone is absurd. Leon is an undefeated World Champion. It would've been an embarrassment for him to fight and defeat a nerfed Ash. Leon was going to fight at his max Power and he wanted Ash to do the same.

2) If you recall, the PWC title matches before the Tournament were 1v1s. Considering Ash's weakened Pikachu defeated Charizard and Cinderace; we can definitely conclude he is the undisputed world Champion.

Ultimately, Ash and Leon are relative in strength and at a considerable tier above all the Strongest Trainers in the world.
Honestly sick of reading the "Ash won cause he had more gimmicks" nonsensical excuse over and over and pretending as though Leon had a handicap in the battle.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
1) Saying Ash won the match because of gimmicks alone is absurd.
Not really, because it is exactly what happened. Gengar and arguably Lucario got their W’s due to G-Max and ME respectively. Ash won because Leon allowed him to go all out.
Leon is an undefeated World Champion. It would've been an embarrassment for him to fight and defeat a nerfed Ash. Leon was going to fight at his max Power and he wanted Ash to do the same.
Why should it be embarrassing to defeat the 2nd strongest trainer in the world with the official tournament rules?
Honestly sick of reading the "Ash won cause he had more gimmicks" nonsensical excuse over and over and pretending as though Leon had a handicap in the battle.
Lol why should it be an excuse? It is the truth. Leon gave Ash an advantage in the battle and Ash used it to win. If the normal PWC rules applied, he would’ve lost, and there’s no denying that.

Guy100

I know this is sort of old news, but I'm surprised not many people have acknowledged the official 25 anniversary video that was released which may have confirmed alot of things.

Ash Actually Did Catch A Legendary! (click this video link)

The Masters 8 final even confirms this! I'm surprised some fans and even pokemon fansites have not acknowledged this.

Status
Not open for further replies.