• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Containment thread for LEAKS of upcoming episodes (READ THE FIRST POST, IMPORTANT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy100

Some fans may disagree, but having been shown the most latest interview involving Mr. Yuyuma addressing Ash's goal of being a Pokemon Master, I'm now convinced that the show will soon address this inigama eventually, using the same concept of how Ash inspired a Child Kukui to come up with the idea to create an Alola Leaugue Tournament, based on hearing all about Ash's description of how trainers connect with their pokemon through battle tournaments.

If the writers plan to follow something similar, by making a child like dream a reality within the pokemon universe, especially if the concept of Pokemon Master does not officially exist, I'll assume that Ash will accomplish some type of feat that no trainer or very few had ever done before him which will get him a mass recognition to dub him the title of Pokemon Master.

Heck, I'll even liken this the above scenario to how in the story of One Piece, the title of Pirate King was nothing but a silly dream that was made up until Gol D Roger attained the One Piece which was the ultimate treasure no pirate had ever claimed, which officially made the Title of Pirate King real.

With that said, its seems highly possible, based on Mr. Yuyuma calling the title of Pokemon Master a silly child dream, that Ash came up with the concept of being a Pokemon Master after reading some fictional childhood story or legend he found out about and wanted to make this fiction into a reality.

If I were to guess a scenario of how Ash's goal of being a Pokemon Master would correlate to him going to Gen 9 Paldea region, it may in fact involve Ash being invited as special guest to participate in a special training course at the Paldea training school to showcase his skills to the professors in order to help train students.

Because Ash is now a world renowned trainer, I'm assuming the Paldea professors will want to know more about his adventures, and goals, which Ash will end up introducing the idea of wanting to become a Pokemon Master to the Paldea Professors, whom will eventually get the idea to develop an official school and tournament which will allow pokemon trainers around the world the opportunity to attend in order to become a real Pokemon Master.

Since Ash is now considered the best trainer in the world, it would make the most sense for world renowned professors, such as the ones in Paldea, to take his idea concept of being a Pokemon Master, literally, and want to make this child hood title fantasy a reality. In my opinion, this seems to be the most best case scenario to making Ash's dream a reality.

Last edited:
In my fanfic becoming a Pokemon Master meant winning all leagues and defeating all champions

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Heck, I'll even liken this the above scenario to how in the story of One Piece, the title of Pirate King was nothing but a silly dream that was made up until Gol D Roger attained the One Piece which was the ultimate treasure no pirate had ever claimed, which officially made the Title of Pirate King real.
I wouldn't say it's that similar, since in that case as far as we know, the title of Pirate King didn't even exist until Roger claimed the One Piece, it was something whoever ran the newspaper back then decided to start calling Roger as

It’s 100% because they wanna avoid reminding people of mega evolution

lol I’d hardly call XY Ash ‘emotionless. As for him becoming more serious and ‘restrained’, it’s what happens when you grow up. Ash had constantly and consistently matured as a character from OS to DP, but then he suddenly became less mature in BW. XY tried to ‘fix’ that by artificially continuing his development from where it left off in DP, ignoring his BW phase and making it seem incredibly abrupt as a result.
Which is why XY Ash is the best Ash.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
It’s 100% because they wanna avoid reminding people of mega evolution

lol I’d hardly call XY Ash ‘emotionless. As for him becoming more serious and ‘restrained’, it’s what happens when you grow up. Ash had constantly and consistently matured as a character from OS to DP, but then he suddenly became less mature in BW. XY tried to ‘fix’ that by artificially continuing his development from where it left off in DP, ignoring his BW phase and making it seem incredibly abrupt as a result.
"Growing up" heavily conflicts when he literally never does grow up. And After XY came SM and JN. So XY does stand out as Shonen Ash pretty strongly.

Xuxuba

Even the most serious portrayals of him were hardly emotionless. He just happened to be more laser focused when it came to gym battles and life threatening situations, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but since some people tend to skip less serious episodes, they might have the impression that he was always like that in the series, when he really wasn't.

It also has to do with the Z arc being the last seen arc/the one that stood out the most to people and that one had a lot of life threatening situations and important battles happening one after the other, with the tone shifting intentionally between the two parts as said by the staff themselves, in interviews prior to its release.

That said, that series' battles still showed part of his personality, but mostly focused on his creativity and unusual behavior, instead of his impulsiveness and brattiness, tho some of that is dealt with by the Ramos and Wulfric battles. They also dealt a bit with his authencity during the Korrina battle when he was trying to emulate Tierno's dance moves, only to fail miserably. Meanwhile, his silly side was most often seen in fillers and Serena/Clemont/Bonnie focused episodes.

As for OS Ash feeling like a different Ash... Well, it should be like that. OS Ash was an inconsiderate newbie who had much to grow and, while entertaining to watch, reverting it to his old self would erase the one development that had been *mostly* consistent within the show, as we can see a drastic change in the way he treats both his pokémon and friends by the end of the original saga. I'd go as far as saying mid-OS Ash was already a much different person than he was prior to his defeat at the Indigo League.

Last edited:

Guy100

Anyone else here think that Goh's Project Mew story arc was a sinking ship to begin with. That ship portrait featured in Ash's hotel room towards the end of episode 132, sure speaks it.

Evenmore, in ep 129, Goh tells Gary about his promise to Ash and Gary nonchalantly thinks of Goh's resolve as nothing more as wishful thinking. Sort of hinting that things don't always work out they you want them to even if you wish badly for it. However, maybe I'm reading too much into this.

Broseph08

As far as personality goes, I still think Ash losing his arrogance/cockiness from the first few seasons was the worst. I get it makes him a more rootable character especially for kids but his sh*t talking in the early seasons was gold. Especially in Hoenn when he actually had the talent to back it at that point. Going the standard goody two shoes direction was a miss

Morax

King of heroes
As far as personality goes, I still think Ash losing his arrogance/cockiness from the first few seasons was the worst. I get it makes him a more rootable character especially for kids but his sh*t talking in the early seasons was gold. Especially in Hoenn when he actually had the talent to back it at that point. Going the standard goody two shoes direction was a miss
Pokemon has simply been following the general standards. The 90’s was all about delinquents and unruly protagonists hence ash was designed that way. Now is the age of goody-two-shits like deku and tanjiro so he’s a sweet sugar boi now.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Pokemon has simply been following the general standards. The 90’s was all about delinquents and unruly protagonists hence ash was designed that way. Now is the age of goody-two-shits like deku and tanjiro so he’s a sweet sugar boi now.
2000s was the trend of edgelords....let's just be glad we never saw Ash like that

Krackochu

I know right could you imagine ash crap talking in Unova and Kalos or Alola. It would be phenomenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.