• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Containment thread for LEAKS of upcoming episodes (READ THE FIRST POST, IMPORTANT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
I think it'll continue. To some of us older fans it may seem like it's getting worse and less exciting, but to kids, Ash, Pikachu and whatever new areas they explore are still very fresh and exciting. My 6 year old kid just told me that every kid in his class had to pick a favourite TV show, and 5 of the 18 kids picked Pokemon, two of them even specifically mentioning Pokemon Journeys.

Ash is as popular as ever with kids and TPCI must be aware of this.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Panky! You haven't even commented on the JN132 finale yet, but luckily I've already written the criticism for it for you

Pikachu was playing too defensively for most of the battle, and Charizard took virtually no damage until Pikachu's headbutt on it

Sound in line with what you'd write about it?

Well I can't wait to see what Panky thinks of the battle too. He always hits the nail IMO.

You're going to deny he won with the power of Friendship? A good executed Power of Friendship but still.

Jibanyan

I think it'll continue. To some of us older fans it may seem like it's getting worse and less exciting, but to kids, Ash, Pikachu and whatever new areas they explore are still very fresh and exciting. My 6 year old kid just told me that every kid in his class had to pick a favourite TV show, and 5 of the 18 kids picked Pokemon, two of them even specifically mentioning Pokemon Journeys.

Ash is as popular as ever with kids and TPCI must be aware of this.
Does it has to be Ash and Pikachu though? When I was a kid I did not care about Ash or the human characters, I just wanted to see the Pokemon

Does it has to be Ash and Pikachu though? When I was a kid I did not care about Ash or the human characters, I just wanted to see the Pokemon
Same. I still watch the show for the Pokémon (Cram and Kipper my beloveds)

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl

True, it doesn't necessarily have to be Ash, but when seeing how many kids like dressing up as Ash for Halloween... I think Ash still being there with Pikachu and Team Rocket, provides a super easy entry into the series for newcomers or kids or adults that want to get back into it because everyone knows these characters to some extent.

Even though I might enjoy a new MC, too, once that step is made, I feel like it's either going to do amazing, or flop badly and get canceled before you know it. So I get that for the writers, it's easier to just keep the characters around and instead focus on new things around them.

BlueDragonfangirl

Well, How I Met Your Mother did it, so...well. the real fu world be Goh taking over.
Bleh That show had the worst ending, however no matter how little it makes sense Ted didn end up with a random person, it was Robin.

At least let it be in Ash’s circle of friends LOL.
Same, except I was nine, and I have no son.

On second thought, that's not actually all that similar.
It’s neat hearing stories like that though.

So are we getting any trailer tomorrow?

Sham

The Guardian of War
I would legitimately contemplate quitting the anime. And it's not because I hate Goh because he's pretty much Ash#2 but incorporating Pokemon Go into the anime was a huge error. There is nothing interesting about him chucking a bunch of repainted Master Balls everywhere or PM. If this is for real then we're gonna need this kid to start doing Gyms because this series is not surviving with just whatever Goh is doing and the writers have clearly realized that because compare how PM is being treated and the PWC.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Personally, I don't mind.

Specially because if it happens, I have no doubts Ash will end up reappearing in some capacity and at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.