• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Containment thread for LEAKS of upcoming episodes (READ THE FIRST POST, IMPORTANT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingertail24

So you guys think he is catching mew?
There was an #anipokespoiler tweet that just said

"Mew! why?"
And "mission accomplished! GOH and Gary fist bump"

I would show a screen but idk how lol

AJ97

Except...they were going for a more faithful adaptation of the game story here, and Goh took on the role of the player. It's not like he used Eternatus after that - it also became a Pokedex entry and was sealed away.
If they were going for a "Faithful adaptation of the game story"; then the trainer who was going to battle Leon and potentially defeat him would have been the one that captured it.
And despite being "deserving" because he's the strongest trainer in the world, both the game and the anime go out of their way to show that Leon isn't strong enough to defeat and capture Eternatus on his own.
Leon deserving to capture it has nothing to do with the games. I'm not saying Leon should have captured it. Ultimately nobody should have. However, from a rational standpoint; if a Species of Pokemon like this was being captured, it would make sense for Leon to capture it.

Again, it's pointless trying to equate Game Leon to Anime Leon because the latter is considerably stronger and a different person all together if you think about it. In the anime, he's the strongest trainer of a 20+ year Franchise.

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
"Willing to Let go" lmao. Well I mean Suicune was caught by the hunters with a net.. nevertheless, it's a stupid argument. How is it selfless? Suicune could have broken out of the Pokeball if it wanted to. Pokemon are capable of coming out of their Pokeball; also disobeying/abandoning their trainers.
Doesn't matter if Suicune could break free or run away. At the time, that wasn't what Goh was thinking about. He wasn't weighing his options or scheming to find a way to keep it. Goh offered to release Suicune because he thought that was what it wanted, and he was perfectly fine with it eventually leaving him.

Goh deserved to catch Eternatus? The only trainer in the Franchise who deserves to catch a Special Legendary like Eternatus at this stage, is Leon (Considering he was after all the strongest trainer in the world at the time and had the strongest Trainer owned Pokemon). They could've simply had Eternatus calm down and fly away instead of Goh capturing reason.
Already mentioned, but Goh caught it after helping the others investigate Darkest Day, dealing with Rose's henchmen, defeating Oleana and joining up with Ash and the mutts. It was also a reference to the games.

And after all that, he just got a Dex entry. He never used the legend for himself, and immediately had it in the care of others. Is it so bad that he got a legendary after working to help stop it, never got to use it, and chose to give it away to someone who thought it would help the Pokemon? At this point, you're complaining about the legend's status, when the more important thing is how that Pokemon was used.

As you saying there is enough reason to Equate Goh to Gary now? Plus, Legendary Pokemon still hold a special place in the franchise. People are excited to see them being used in actual battles. It is a wasted opportunity on Goh.
Gary and Goh aren't equals, but they worked together to defeat the troublesome traineds and overcome the golems. Goh isn't as skilled as Gary, but he earned his capture. And this came after three failed attempts at battling the legendary birds.

And people would also be excited to see them captured. Regis also aren't on the same level as other legends.

BobbbidyBob

"Mew! why?"

Yeah I saw it too, and poke fans Taiwan confirming Goh catching itXD

BobbbidyBob

He didn't confirm it. He just said he is prepared for him to catch it. People need to stop taking his tweets as confirmation

That word is used to loosely here lol
Oops. My bad xD

Guy100

"Mew! why?"

I'll be...so Goh does pull it off. And people say he's no mary-sue. After catching Eternatus, Suicune, and Regilelek, I'm not surprise.

Horace even caught a Virizion, meaning captures of legendaries will become something more common in the future.

Guess this means, Goh's officially departing from the show as a co-main protagonist. To be honest, there was really no true purpose for the writers to send Goh to the Gen 9 region, since his goal of getting Mew plays no signifiance role in that region. Also, Goh's goal dream servers no correlation to pokemon battles, so there is point of him attending the Paldea schools.

I'm curious now what the next few episodes (135, 136, 137) and the other remaining ones will focus on, now that the boys have accomplished their goals. Here's hoping Ash catches two more Pokemon; Zarude and Lugia. Ash currently has caught a total of 98 mons, so maybe he can make it to 100 by the ending of 2022.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I can see Ash catching his first legendary Pokémon next gen if they go by the game plot like they did with Swd & Shd in this series
Which legend is the question, the anime has a tendency to favor one over the other(Reshiram, Solgaleo)

I guess Nebby was technically the first since he was seen as a previous member of Ash's team with everyone else in the finals, but it'd be dope if the first episode started off with Ash obtaining one of the new legends

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Which legend is the question, the anime has a tendency to favor one over the other(Reshiram, Solgaleo)

I guess Nebby was technically the first since he was seen as a previous member of Ash's team with everyone else in the finals, but it'd be dope if the first episode started off with Ash obtaining one of the new legends
I think that Ash might become way too overpowered if he gets one of the Legendaries.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I think that Ash might become way too overpowered if he gets one of the Legendaries.
People said the same thing when they had him capture fully evolved mons at the beginning of the series.

ShadowForce720

I can see Ash catching his first legendary Pokémon next gen if they go by the game plot like they did with Swd & Shd in this series

What if to go against the Treasure of Ruins quartet Ash and 3 other characters each get a member of the Forces of Nature.

They could even have some evil organization go after the Treasure of Ruin Quartet.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Ash is already overpowered. Didn't you just witness him beat 3 Champions in a row? A legendary won't make a difference when Ash has the power of writers on his side.
Although I'm not expecting every battle in SV to be a curbstomp. That just wouldn't be entertaining to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.