• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Containment thread for LEAKS of upcoming episodes (READ THE FIRST POST, IMPORTANT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZarudeSandstorm

imagine to be in disbelief that Ash won respectively against Steven, Cynthia and Leon with a new team.
He beat Steven with new team fair and square even that is trash writing. But would've lost to Cynthia if she used Mega Garchomp and Leon would've won if Ash didn't use Mega and Gigamantax band( Ash would've used Z move for Pikachu since only 1 gimmick would be allowed).

With reserves he probably would've been strongest currently trainer in Pokemon anime( until someone else shows up who owns strong Legendaries or stronger team) but in entire franchise? Lmao he's not even Top 10.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
He beat Steven with new team fair and square even that is trash writing. But would've lost to Cynthia if she used Mega Garchomp and Leon would've won if Ash didn't use Mega and Gigamantax band( Ash would've used Z move for Pikachu since only 1 gimmick would be allowed).
The writers legitimately jumped the shark with Ash.

The Alola League victory wasn't even that impressive on its own, especially not impressive enough to warrant Ash suddenly being able to beat Champions in the following series. I think the writers felt like PWC and fighting Champions was a natural direction to take for Ash's character after finally winning a League, but they didn't consider that maybe this progression was a bit forced and unearned.

I feel the same about Iris becoming a Champion in JN. I could see her as a gym leader, given her storyline in BW, but now she became a Champion-level trainer off-screen? Why, because she's a Champion in the games too? It just doesn't feel earned or natural to me.

I am not inherently opposed to Ash beating Champions, and I am not opposed to Iris becoming a Champion. But these developments need to feel natural, they need to feel earned, they need to make sense in-universe that a character was able to earn this in a legitimate way. Writing your character in a way where a legendary Pokemon needs to intervene in the battle to provide him with an additional Gigantamax so he can accomplish his victory is just a gigantic ass-pull which sucks all the joy out of the victory.

Last edited:

DayQuil95

People will accept any Ash victory as long it's a victory.
Weren't people literally going on about how 90% of Ash's wins in the PWC were bs, from Iris literally letting him win, to Pikachu overloading Electivire, to whatever Drasna was, to Lucario one-shotting G-Max Duraludon, to Cynthia DMaxing Togekiss? The battle's being praised because it was a great battle, it had great animation, the best strategies we've seen in a long while, and every Pokemon got to shine in a satisfying way. Sure people don't like it when Ash loses, but in every tier list I see, Ash vs Alain is in top 5, if not top 3, and look how that ended. Look, I'm not saying that your point on people having bias for battles where Ash wins is wrong, because everyone would have hated the Masters 8 even more if Ash lost, but implying that Ash vs Leon is in reality some mediocre, and badly executed battle that was only praised because Ash won, when in reality people were liking it from Part I, isn't true.

Stop Cope, Ash is the strongest trainer in the world so far (probably there is a better one in the world)

Pikachu has already proven to be the strongest Pokémon in the world in the hands of a trainer. Sure, Ash can't win without all 3 gimmicks but if he just used reserves (including Greninja, no matter how much you say otherwise, everyone knows that only it and maybe infernape is enough for Ash to equal Leon) he could win without needing gimmicks.

Sham

The Guardian of War
The writers legitimately jumped the shark with Ash.

The Alola League victory wasn't even that impressive on its own, especially not impressive enough to warrant Ash suddenly being able to beat Champions in the following series. I think the writers felt like PWC and fighting Champions was a natural direction to take for Ash's character after finally winning a League, but they didn't consider that maybe this progression was a bit forced and unearned.
Glad somebody said this. While I agree the Alola Leauge is a big accomplishment, can we be real for a second? It was a newly established tournament and only really Kukui (who didn’t participate), Gladion, Kiawe and Guzma stood in his way.

It’s a neat accomplishment but him becoming Champion doesn’t mean he should beat every Champion. Especially since quiet as it’s kept, he’s not even using the team he won the Championship with like the others did so how important is this accomplishment in the grand scheme of things concerning his victories in the PWC?

Master Pikachu 11

The only reason that they had the Eternatus part in the battle was because they wanted to show off G Max Pikachu and G Max Cinderrace that was the only reason that they had it

jinnrob

Water Pokemon Master
Nice.. So you simply gloss over all the facts and use stupid headcanon to make your point.
Plot doesn't work that way. Gimmick is not always > No Gimmick. I would argue Pikachu's last Powered T-Bolt is stronger than a 10MV Z-Move.
No Gimmicks Ash would have been a nerfed Ash.
The battle between Leon and Ash was about being "The strongest trainer in the world". This means battling all out at their full power "WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT LEON SAID HE WOULD DO".

Not once did Leon say, I'm gonna handicap myself while you go all out.

Now if you're saying Ash is not > Leon based on the PWC Rules that would have been a different story. But there are also actual facts to invalidate that point based on Pikachu's feats in the End and the rules we see from the PWC Before the Master Class tournament.

GTFO here. Leon was clearly marked as the strongest trainer in the franchise and Ash indisputably defeated him making him the strongest trainer in the franchise. If they reboot the anime or extend the universe to include stronger characters; that's a different story. However for now as it stands, Ash is the strongest trainer in the franchise.
Like I wrote… unimaginative, stubborn, and immature.

Try learning some nuance.

I am happy Ash won but it is like the people on the forum/fandom insist on blinders. Grow up.

It was a balls to the wall battle where they let Ash use a bunch of of extra power boosts.

And I would argue that eternus absolutely helped by allowing mecha Pikachu to take down the rabbit who was destroying him initially. I doubt without the extra help he would have been able to take down both it and Ace-zard.

That is moot. He did. He won. That is awesome. Still does not make him the most powerful trainer in the world.

He was just best on that day, for that competition, whose rules had been altered for him so a win was even possible. Again, that is literally how sports work.

And yeah, I will write it again. It is silly, unimaginative, stubborn, and immature.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Ash won because the staff wanted him to win. It’s not that complicated. It’s been like this since storytelling was a thing.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Ash won because the staff wanted him to win. It’s not that complicated. It’s been like this since storytelling was a thing.
That's a no-brainer. But good storytelling usually tells stories in a believable way, a way that makes sense. Of course, stuff happens because the writers want it to happen, but the stuff happening makes sense because everything is unfolding in a logical and reasonable way. That was not the case for PWC.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
That's a no-brainer. But good storytelling usually tells stories in a believable way, a way that makes sense. Of course, stuff happens because the writers want it to happen, but the stuff happening makes sense because everything is unfolding in a logical and reasonable way. That was not the case for PWC.
This. The only way it would possibly be believable is if Ash used his reserves and not the op Gary stu fan favorited Pokemon used in bad fanfics like his current team.

Sham

The Guardian of War
This. The only way it would possibly be believable is if Ash used his reserves and not the op Gary stu fan favorited Pokemon used in bad fanfics like his current team.
Yes. A lot of people praise the protocols and traditions factoring into Ash always Pokémon the newest Pokémon being broken but what did it do? All he did was catch a bunch of Kanto Pokémon and or popular Shillmon.

It’s not like he gave any actual spotlight to let’s say: Flygon.

The Galar starters weren’t his to make room for a Lucario, Dragonite and Gengar.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
As much as I would like to see what a team of ace reserves would do for Ash, the only way I can really seeing it working out beyond basic predictable fanservice is if each individual ace in question got its own little mini-arc with Ash and the companions who traveled with that specific Pokemon, where they all pay in kind back to Ash and unlock or expand that respective ace's techniques to aid for the final battle(s).

.....Y'know, if we are keeping with the Journeys structure for Paldea, let's do this. Journeys but more focused and away from the PWC, toward a more honed in and specific goal, now that they've gotten their feet wet with this structure.

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
As much as I would like to see what a team of ace reserves would do for Ash, the only way I can really seeing it working out beyond basic predictable fanservice is if each individual ace in question got its own little mini-arc with Ash and the companions who traveled with that specific Pokemon, where they all pay in kind back to Ash and unlock or expand that respective ace's techniques to aid for the final battle(s).

.....Y'know, if we are keeping with the Journeys structure for Paldea, let's do this. Journeys but more focused and away from the PWC, toward a more honed in and specific goal, now that they've gotten their feet wet with this structure.

The whole Journeys arc could've been different episodes of Ash cycling through his old Pokemon to showcase while keeping two Gen 8 Pokemon, which is similar to what Battle Frontier did (kept Groyvile, Swellow and Corphish and cycled the rest).

Pokemon Go's success disrupted the show's formula. Why not take advantage of it?

And it's not like the Journey's team had any real character development or arc outside 2 or 3 of them.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The Pokemon they used isn't the problem, it's how rushed and barely any development the team received as they wanted to revolve episodes around Goh's captures that ended up not even getting used :rolleyes:

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
The whole Journeys arc could've been different episodes of Ash cycling through his old Pokemon to showcase while keeping two Gen 8 Pokemon, which is similar to what Battle Frontier did (kept Groyvile, Swellow and Corphish and cycled the rest).

Pokemon Go's success disrupted the show's formula. Why not take advantage of it?

And it's not like the Journey's team had any real character development or arc outside 2 or 3 of them.
This.

And no, production issues are not an excuse for piss poor disconnected writing and inorganic development, and the entire excuse for the episodic format (which is in part responsible for this narrative structure) about "not wanting kids to miss out" doesn't fly in a modern day age of streaming and online viewership. This series had the most potential that was squandered carelessly for no good reason, when it clearly had decent past templates it could have built off on.

ShadowForce720

The Pokemon they used isn't the problem, it's how rushed and barely any development the team received as they wanted to revolve episodes around Goh's captures that ended up not even getting used :rolleyes:
While sure Ash’s team could have been handled better but that has nothing to do with Goh. If they planned on handling Ash’s team better then they would have regardless of what Goh or any other character was doing.

Look I can understand not liking how Ash’s team was handled and not liking Goh, but trying to claim that the reason why Ash’s team was poorly handled was because they were focusing on Goh and his captures is ridiculous.

How they handled Ash’s team and how they handled Goh and his captures aren’t connected like that.

Also in all honesty some things of the previous teams like the Johto team and BW were handled a lot worst during their respective series.

Status
Not open for further replies.