• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Containment thread for LEAKS of upcoming episodes (READ THE FIRST POST, IMPORTANT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash won because the staff wanted him to win. It’s not that complicated. It’s been like this since storytelling was a thing.
and the writters/staff/people who decide about these things says and states that he is the best battler in the world, then people should just stop cope

Sham

The Guardian of War
Also in all honesty some things of the previous teams like the Johto team and BW were handled a lot worst during their respective series.
All of his teams were handled better than his Journey team. You're only saying it was handled better because the writers decided they should be the ones to defeat Champions. Not because of organic growth, not because they have multiple training episodes like SM/DP and not because Ash has visibly shown himself injecting different training styles into his team that he's learned form his travels. What was handled better besides him only losing to two people this series which is already controversial?

ShadowForce720

All of his teams were handled better than his Journey team. You're only saying it was handled better because the writers decided they should be the ones to defeat Champions. Not because of organic growth, not because they have multiple training episodes like SM/DP and not because Ash has visibly shown himself injecting different training styles into his team that he's learned form his travels. What was handled better besides him only losing to two people this series which is already controversial?
Look could the Journeys team have been handled better? Yes, but at the end of the day they still did get development to some degree.

They each had moments where they got spotlight and got moments. They were most certainly not battle drones as almost all of them if not all had a personality. They also got each had gotten moments in the final battles of the current series which is more then most of the other regional teams get as most of the other regional teams have at least 1 or more members that get completely shafted.

Heck the Johto was definitely handled a lot worse considering that outside of Bayleef and Cyndaquil the members of the Johto team didn’t really get much of any development, heck 4 of them didn’t even get to battle that often with one of those being one of the Johto starters. On top of that there only team that had to be bailed out as they couldn’t beat the 8th gym leader, nor did they really get a chance to battle the 1st Johto gym leader.

Heck the Unova team is only maybe marginally better then the Johto team but not by much.

So no, I’m not just saying that because the writers decided to have the JN team be champions.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Look could the Journeys team have been handled better? Yes, but at the end of the day they still did get development to some degree.

They each had moments where they got spotlight and got moments. They were most certainly not battle drones as almost all of them if not all had a personality. They also got each had gotten moments in the final battles of the current series which is more then most of the other regional teams get as most of the other regional teams have at least 1 or more members that get completely shafted.

Literally all the JN team bar pikachu (and i guess lucario with that one lucario and cinderace ep) only had ‘focus’ episodes directly relating to getting stronger for battle. Like all their ‘focus’ episode follow the same plot of ash taking them to someone with the express purpose of making them stronger and nothing more than that.

Sirfetch: Wikstrom and Clemont
Lucario: korrina and Greninja
Gengar: Allister
Dracovish: Clemont
Dragonite: The closest thing to a focus episode for her was the iris fight

This is in contrast to previous pokemons who get development in regards to non battle stuff, then growing stronger as a result of doing various stuff.

Even if the Jotho or BW team are also bad, they at least had the excuse of a team overload and the writers not being able to juggle them all. The JN team has no excuse. The writers choose to make them battle bots who have no real relevance or role when it doesn’t involve ash battling. Which is why most of them dissapeared for long stretches in the middle until the back end of the series where they rushed all of the battles.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I really don't see the point in trying to single out the JN's team for having flaws, when one could easily pick apart all the other teams since every single one has had flaws.

Also, as far as the "battle drone" situation, maybe they do feel that way as we didn't see much personality compared to previous teams, and it probably sticks out like a sore thumb for some given how the alola team was handled, but personality alone isn't much of a driving force either for how a pokemon ends up overall, and If I had to personally pick, i'd take battle drones any day because I watch this show to see pokemon battle, not goof off.

Heck another thought regarding previous teams compared to the JN team is this.

When your main purpose of showing up per episode is to beat up the same pokemon owned by two people who appear 90% of the time, then I really question how that equates to growth, because you can't truly grow unless you expand on what you fight, but that was never the case up till this series since Ash was actually battling other trainers, and skilled ones at that more than TR this saga, perhaps that could be another reason why this team turned out so good, because by fighting various opponents and not the same ones they got more experience in a wider regard.

Gonna stop there cause this thread feels derailed.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
No one's really singling out the JN team for being flawed when both the Johto & BW teams and their respective flaws have been pointed out

well making excuses for them to try and make them seem better than the JN team doesn't help like the following sentance.

Even if the Jotho or BW team are also bad, they at least had the excuse of a team overload and the writers not being able to juggle them all.

regardless I wonder if we'll ever see a team done "right" by our eyes.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Literally all the JN team bar pikachu (and i guess lucario with that one lucario and cinderace ep) only had ‘focus’ episodes directly relating to getting stronger for battle. Like all their ‘focus’ episode follow the same plot of ash taking them to someone with the express purpose of making them stronger and nothing more than that.

Sirfetch: Wikstrom and Clemont
Lucario: korrina and Greninja
Gengar: Allister
Dracovish: Clemont
Dragonite: The closest thing to a focus episode for her was the iris fight

This is in contrast to previous pokemons who get development in regards to non battle stuff, then growing stronger as a result of doing various stuff.

Even if the Jotho or BW team are also bad, they at least had the excuse of a team overload and the writers not being able to juggle them all. The JN team has no excuse. The writers choose to make them battle bots who have no real relevance or role when it doesn’t involve ash battling. Which is why most of them dissapeared for long stretches in the middle until the back end of the series where they rushed all of the battles.

And? You could cherry-pick any of Ash's Pokémon and say that their focus episodes are all about them getting stronger. There were episodes where Ash's JN Pokémon are not doing battling, like Dragonite in an eating contest or Lucario and Cinderace going through antics trying to save Pikachu or Dracovish trying to compete in a water competition despite being completely unsuited for it.

Focus episodes of them getting stronger are better remembered because it was building up to their strength as a team against the toughest of toughest. We remember Chimchar-Monfereno-Infernape focused episodes to be about getting stronger and mastering Blaze to prove Paul wrong, but does anyone recall any focus episode that wasn't about that? What about Greninja? The focus episodes it had were all about getting stronger and mastering Ash-Greninja, but I don't recall any non-battle focus episodes. Charizard? Disobedience challenges and then being left to train in Charrific Valley just to get stronger, that's what we remember. But what are Charizard episodes in the original series that weren't about battling?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
well making excuses for them to try and make them seem better than the JN team doesn't help like the following sentance.

That's different from saying the JN team is the only one with flaws. Bringing up past series when the current one is being discussed is just redirecting criticisms. If I say one team wasn't handled well that doesn't mean I think others were perfect or even better.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
That's different from saying the JN team is the only one with flaws. Bringing up past series when the current one is being discussed is just redirecting criticisms. If I say one team wasn't handled well that doesn't mean I think others were perfect or even better.

Fair point there.

Sham

The Guardian of War

Yeah, right. More than likely Goh will catch it and realize he wants to release it right away. The days of complaints is going to be so annoying. Honestly, if this means writing Goh off, good riddance and I hop he catches this thing. They already went off the deep end with Ash's entire story this series so might as finish it off.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
And? You could cherry-pick any of Ash's Pokémon and say that their focus episodes are all about them getting stronger. There were episodes where Ash's JN Pokémon are not doing battling, like Dragonite in an eating contest or Lucario and Cinderace going through antics trying to save Pikachu or Dracovish trying to compete in a water competition despite being completely unsuited for it.

Focus episodes of them getting stronger are better remembered because it was building up to their strength as a team against the toughest of toughest. We remember Chimchar-Monfereno-Infernape focused episodes to be about getting stronger and mastering Blaze to prove Paul wrong, but does anyone recall any focus episode that wasn't about that? What about Greninja? The focus episodes it had were all about getting stronger and mastering Ash-Greninja, but I don't recall any non-battle focus episodes. Charizard? Disobedience challenges and then being left to train in Charrific Valley just to get stronger, that's what we remember. But what are Charizard episodes in the original series that weren't about battling?

Yes? I did say focus episodes usually does involve the pokemon getting stronger in some way. My critism of the JN mons being battle bots, comes from HOW they get the development. While old mons get stronger with a variety of different scenario and get stronger, JN has all that be turned into ash at the start of the ep deciding on going to the equivalent of a move tutor in the game. FOR EVERY SINGLE ‘FOCUS’ EPISODE. That’s exactly why they feel like battle bots to me. They just feel like how pokemon teams are in the game, something you put effort in only for the sake of winning, not like actual living cretures. It just follows the pattern of ash wanting them to learn something, and that have that something work be the deciding factor in the next fight. It’s just very cut an dry set-up and result, being repeated over and over.

I already mentioned the lucario one as the one time they actually gave that kind of focus. The eating contest and water race weren’t even focused on ash’s mon, but on eevee/chloe and goh’s greedent. It’s bot like when ash’s flying types did flying events.

You’re really putting up the examples of the mons who have their own main side plot as a defense for the ones that don’t? Uh…okay?

Charizard’s whole deal was about it’s relationship with ash, not about getting powerups. Hell the episode where it decides to listen to ash shows it, with how he relented after again seeing the lengths ash was willing to go for him. While as a charmander it also shared the screen with the other pokemon to show said relations. Like the episode where the pokemons got seperated, and the famous snow cave scene.

Infernape had it’s own long story played before meeting ash. Then even with ash while it also has to do with battling paul it’s not fixated on just that, the crux of it was about trauma and abuse. This being best shown in the episode right after chimcar went to ash, where it cried.

Greninja had an arc regarding the bind form, but it’s much more than how the lucario and gengar’s ep was just about getting the gimmick and be done. It was lengthy process where in the end bith him and ash had to look through their feelings, and renew the bond that drew them to each other in the first place. With the form itself having significance to the plot as a whole. But aside from that he had plenty of other focus. The kindergarden episode where after an embarassing loss it ended up befriending a kid that was scared of pokemon, and along with ash help him overcome that. There’s the episode after hawlucha’s capture where the two but heads but by the ened learn to work together. Both of it’s evolution episode where they try to protect and help sanpei.

This all in addition to the teams of these generation being out and about for way way more minor and diverse situations throughout their series that makes them feel more like companions than battle bots.

We can agree to disagree, but my view of how the JN team feels the most like battle bots with no other purpose than for battling won’t change.

I mean i never even said those team weren’t also bad, and if anything was aknowledging it. Just saying those at least had something clearer to point out as the root of the problem, which there is no real clear reason for the JN team. Aside maybe from them wanting to use the time more for goh’s one and done pokemons?

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
The reason why JN mons are seen as "battle bots" and other series mons arent despite all of the focus episodes being focused on getting stronger is that the latter still got "organic screentime"
A major flaw of the starting year of JN's team handling is how if a mon wasnt in focus he wont appear. Organic screentime thrown out in the window, its mostly either they appear in their focus episodes or we got lucky and they made a brief appearance in a filler episode
It was hard to get attached with them too much because we barely got time with them
We had Ash's full team ready by ep60, yet still we didnt get to spend time with them

What sucks is that its the THIRD year of JN that finally makes you appreciate and love the JN team because you see them more, you see their personalities more, it is endearing. Where was this before after ep60?

The Journeys team EACH have great indiviualistic personalities and arcs, but they NEVER coincided with each other to the point they cohesively felt like a team, and their personalities despite being much better than some previous mons never became as endearing simply because we never saw them much

99 percent of Ash's JN team's problems would be solved if they got more organic screentime earlier in the series to endear their personalities to us and allow us to view them as a proper team before Year 3
100% agreed. It was especially jarring after Sun & Moon, where every Pokemon almost appeared in every episode.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
The reason why JN mons are seen as "battle bots" and other series mons arent despite all of the focus episodes being focused on getting stronger is that the latter still got "organic screentime"
A major flaw of the starting year of JN's team handling is how if a mon wasnt in focus he wont appear. Organic screentime thrown out in the window, its mostly either they appear in their focus episodes or we got lucky and they made a brief appearance in a filler episode
It was hard to get attached with them too much because we barely got time with them
We had Ash's full team ready by ep60, yet still we didnt get to spend time with them

What sucks is that its the THIRD year of JN that finally makes you appreciate and love the JN team because you see them more, you see their personalities more, it is endearing. Where was this before after ep60?

The Journeys team EACH have great indiviualistic personalities and arcs, but they NEVER coincided with each other to the point they cohesively felt like a team, and their personalities despite being much better than some previous mons never became as endearing simply because we never saw them much

99 percent of Ash's JN team's problems would be solved if they got more organic screentime earlier in the series to endear their personalities to us and allow us to view them as a proper team before Year 3
Excellent take. I'm glad I can still find good stuff in this sea of weird fanfiction and shipping nonsense.

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."

Well said. Lucario and Sirfetch'd were basically BattleDrone 1 and BattleDrone 2 for the majority of the series. Dragonite was the only one that actually interacted with other Pokemon prior to the final year of Journeys, and by then, I already quit watching the show consistently.

All of the other series had Ash's Pokemon interacting almost every single episode, especially during fillers. This is basic bare minimum stuff that has previously been a norm for the Pokemon anime, so I don't know what happened this time around.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!

Thank you. You put into words what I've been trying to figure with my feelings for the PM2019 team. Much appreciated! <3

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
@SerGoldenhandtheJust - in the JN133 thread, you said leaks confirm that 134 is the end of PM. Can you post those here? The only ones I’ve seen posted lately is @Sham’s post at the top of the page, and that’s too vague to say whether the arc ends in the next episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.