• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Containment thread for LEAKS of upcoming episodes (READ THE FIRST POST, IMPORTANT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niormon

I feel sorry for you if you think you look smart by interpreting a picture as an indication that Go and Chloe are returning when there's absolutely nothing said.
of course you would think there is nothing you don't know Khu at all if you think isn't a riddle I'm sorry it doesn't support your "goh leaves theory"

UnovaMaster

If anything the comment from the other day about Ash sticking around felt like them trying to hook fans despite his about to be reduced role

I would be surprised if Goh/Chloe haven't completely taken over the show by the end of Gen 9

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
If anything the comment from the other day about Ash sticking around felt like them trying to hook fans despite his about to be reduced role

I would be surprised if Goh/Chloe haven't completely taken over the show by the end of Gen 9
I don't know if they would suddenly make Chloe the new lead considering how poorly she and the other female main characters were treated since XY.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
People thought Serena doing Hoenn Contests was a left-field decision, I'm not keen on seeing the jungle gym acrobatics people will do to justify Chloe going through 135 episodes of development for the purpose of a self-discovery and unshackled goal plot, only to shackle herself right back for the purpose of doing the thing the lead protagonist does.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Why would it be so crazy if Chloe decides to do battles and Ash helps her out?? I think that would be great development plus Ash acting as a mentor instead of a doofus is also good.

We've seen that Eevee jumps head first into battle so it's not that shocking either.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Why would it be so crazy if Chloe decides to do battles and Ash helps her out?? I think that would be great development plus Ash acting as a mentor instead of a doofus is also good.

We've seen that Eevee jumps head first into battle so it's not that shocking either.
Well, it's not suitable for Chloe's established personality, so she would have to be modified and basically transformed into a female Ash. It also doesn't make sense for Ash to be the one who ultimately inspires her because he does not own any of the Eeveelutions.

Niormon

I'm gonna make a wild guess here and say it's because there's a hugely important character in SV who is kinda-sorta heavily related to Eevee?
So
Penny, Goh and Ash
if we go by Khu's leak then?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well, it's not suitable for Chloe's established personality, so she would have to be modified and basically transformed into a female Ash. It also doesn't make sense for Ash to be the one who ultimately inspires her because he does not own any of the Eeveelutions.
What do you mean, she's never been opposed to battling, and if Eevee wanted to battle, she would do it just for her. She's never been like a hate conflict type of person so battling isn't out of the question for her.

And Eevee has nothing to do with wanting to battle more and she already met all of them and decided there's no rush to evolve Eevee so Ash not being involved with Eevee doesn't really factor in here.

SatoSereFan224888

So, Penny, Goh and Ash
I don’t see Penny being part of the group. I think it will be Ash, Goh, and Chloe but Ash will not be full time.

Miky

Alright after a few consideration I'm going to disseminate this leaker's tweets since I don't see anyone else trying to look at the other tweets, if it does help anyone. And fair enough sorry @MunchMunch . I should restate my point: I feel like there was little foreshadowing given so far imho, from what i saw of the last 2 episodes I just can't see any hint about his future, I'd be surprised if it's spot on. It also kinda conflicts with other accounts saying that Go's new goal is apparently to catch legendaries, which this leaker has not mentioned AT ALL.

First he said that for SV arc Koharu will get promoted to main character/cast, but I think it's less likely because her VA is super costly. I don't think they would have enough to afford Koharu talking a lot more in the next 3 years. I could be wrong but that was apparently a point of contention.
He then mentions... New cast member. I'm not even sure she'd work well as a supporting member like he claims.
The Satoshi mentor thing does have a bit more credibility since it's what he would be doing but I still don't think we should take such stuff to face value. Kasumi/Misty returning to help him seems so sudden considering he has not returned for actual dialogue for awhile now (not talking about her cameo during the finals)

He says JN 129 is first hint about Koharu gaining interest in battling, which I think some people have explained it's not possible because then she could be Ash 2.0.. Ok, it's kinda dumb but I just can't see her being a pokemon trainer at all. I think here he is reaching so far just because of her reaction to the battle, but we will find out in JN 135 too.

The user mentions oddly specific pokemons, which lowers his reliability a lot, I'd believe him more if it was about a typing or a riddle but him outright saying it makes me skeptical about the team composition, I'd be very surprised if he actually got them right. So far he has been using the marketing promo stuff as a hint for that, but I think we should stop trying to use marketing or plush toys as reference for the leaks, because it's likely it's not the whole story.

Then, he cites Khu's riddle thing (the one with Eevee, Pikachu and Grookey). You have to tell me, is he even very credible? He did get the master 8 right, but the thing is that riddles can have multiple interpretations, which keeps people creating their own theories. If they got something of the riddle correct, then the riddle's over, but if it's wrong it can't be assumed 'fake' as there will still be another way to define the riddle unless someone guesses correctly. (Although I feel like Khu's riddle is annoying... personally)

Here is where he starts to lose credibility though, he had posted a tweet on 8 November saying just 133 and an image of Go and Suicune, it cannot be Tokio and Virizion due to specific details, however in that episode Suicune did not make an appearance. People could argue it was a riddle since no other context but it felt a bit specific here.

Finally, one other thing stands out to me and that is him saying that JN 135 preview is a fake out and Go is staying in the show, which as I said before we should find out when the next episode airs, which make or break the leak. I personally do think Go is leaving though as with any new seasons due to his reaction, it's a cycle at this point and I'd be a little surprised if the cycle was broken, same for Koharu due to her VA costs. After 134 anti climatic reply (he did say it was a bit for some viewers) I really can't find a way for him to stay other than to... shill on the Pokemon GO merchandise.

Last I saw he mentioned Satoshi catching Hisuian pokemon, I was going to say it's unlikely, but since a few Hisuian pokemon appear in Paldea game this still might be possibility worth considering, however given how they treated Hisui as almost nonexistent in anime (outside of that special Arceus promo) I have my own doubts. (Basically, similar thing as him trying to 'leak' specific pokemon the cast will have)

My thought so far is that this guy might either be giving a lot of speculation, or he might be real, but the way that he presents information out of nowhere is very suspicious. I checked 4chan and found a few discussion about that as well, one anonymous post summed my thought up a bit, he has posted so much about the next arc in so little time, so my guess is he's either **** posting, he's mixing **** talk with speculation, or he DOES get **** right but deletes it out of fear (another tweet asked anipoke account to not hate him).

..... Maybe I should get a life here and go play Genshin Impact lol But unless he posts anything new or unless there's an update/new episode, I will stop talking excessively about him for now. Sorry for boring you on the talk.

TLDR: He either is **** talking/very unreliable, mixes some facts with speculation to look real, or he's LEGIT but deletes stuff out of fear (considering what he said to anipoke account to not hate him), leaning on him being fake though, I can't wait for next week

Miky

I highly doubt that, to me it very much looks like JN136 is the start of a new journey of Ash and Go together to the Paldea region.
I would be doubting that if not for the fact he got his guesses correct in the past, most of the time anyways, so I'd rather take his word of Goh possibly leaving over anything else

Ali.Frenstein

I would be doubting that if not for the fact he got his guesses correct in the past, most of the time anyways, so I'd rather take his word of Goh possibly leaving over anything else

Well, if it's true and Go doesn't continue to travel with Ash, then it means JN136 is the last episode of Journeys and there'll be a new saga after that. We'll be smarter by Friday.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I'm gonna make a wild guess here and say it's because there's a hugely important character in SV who is kinda-sorta heavily related to Eevee?
This makes zero sense since just because Penny is close to eeveelutions and has them and loves them, doesn't mean she's heavily related to Eevee. She doesn't even have one, she has its evolutions. She loves Eevee yes but that love isn't part of her storyline with Team Star or any of it
Penny would be more associated with eeveelutions while Chloe is the one associated with Eevee

BobbbidyBob

Status
Not open for further replies.