• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Containment thread for LEAKS of upcoming episodes (READ THE FIRST POST, IMPORTANT)

UnovaMaster

Maybe Giovanni, with passionate tears in his eyes, tells Jessie/James/Meowth that they are the greatest team in Rocket history and that he loves them

Xuxuba

Other than Pidgeot appearing, everything was pretty predictable.

Again, there is not much to be hyped nor upset about, it seems like a rather average, run of the mill episode. I did wish Ash would have a battle with Ho-oh similar to how it was with Lugia and i did hope we'd get at least a small montage of what the companions are doing now, but it was mostly just wishful thinking as this series proved itself to be rather uneventful from start to finish. So it's to be expected this would be mostly just Ash self-reflecting and reaching no conclusion before his goodbye.

Guy100

It's less that I'm surprised and more that It's looking too good.

But, reading Gryphon's leaks again, Ash actually went to see pidgeot at the begining of the episode, so, it's easier to understand now.
So did Gryphon confirm if Ho-oh would be appearing or not in the final episode. Based on his leaks, he stated nothing about it. However, from whats been spoiled so far, a possible appearance of rainbow bird towards the end wont provide anything.

Over 26 years, and not a single "meet and greet" to the 10 year old from the rainbow legendary. Satoshi's master (Ho-Oh) is clearly the epitome of his distant father; always watching.

Ali.Frenstein

I don't think there's a leak about that. It's just fan speculation.

Personally, I do think they'll eventually bring Ash back, whether that's for a movie, or a special event. Keeping Ash 10-years old and giving him an open ending is basically a perfect excuse to bring him back into the story whenever you want. Not anytime soon though.

Yes, that's right. Anyway, it IS a big deal that Ash is leaving the anime as he has been our main protagonist for 26 (!) years (since 1997). :(

Konja7

Yes I know, but we'll not see him anymore, as a totally new pokemon series starts on April 14th, with new protagonits. However, it has already been leaked that Ash will appear again sometime in the future, so I guess it'll be just for one episode in the new series. Anyway, it very much looks like the direction of the new series will be completely different.
It has not been confirmed that As will appear again at all.

The director of MPM has said he believes we will see Ash again, but this isn't a confirmation.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Rant time
So my dumbass University rescheduled things at the last moment and I ended up having an exam I had to prepare for on FRIDAY of all days and due to the sudden nature of it and all the tension and tiredness, I got caught up with it and didn't realise when I opened Twitter after my exam got over on Friday that I hadn't blocked accounts and muted words pertaining to leaks like I was going to because I wanted to remain purely UNSPOILED for the finale and wasn't even gonna check out this thread. Lo and behold those two ****ing leak accounts pop up first and I get spoiled. Gods I know it's kind of my fault as well but I'm so fricking mad at this. The FINAL episode of the Ash anime that means a lot and was like the last link to my childhood, an experience I wanted to see for myself unspoiled and it gets spoiled FULLY

These dumbasses didn't even hold back lmao, they leaked more for this episode then they would for stuff like the Banette episode XD
Just so mad

I like to cope they aren't that big of asshats to spoil everything after they kept JN stuff secret and that they are actually trolling and the ending is way different and all, but ugh.

Pointless, inconclusive, an insult to the character? Yeah, MPM was a fantastic way to end this story that spanned 26 years!
Istg you guys are just the other end of the pendulum of the overzealous Twitter stans. How is it an insult to Ash's character? It doesn't really change anything for him. I get feeling underwhelmed and feel it being pointless and not really providing resolutions, but once you guys start using dramatic tones like it ruined Ash's character or whatever, I just can't help but eyerolling
I just realized Ash gets new shoes and only new shoes in the last episode to bring Type Wild’s lyrics full circle. I’m not crying, you’re crying
......I hadn't realised that and like wow, that actually makes sense now

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
It doesn't provide any ending for him isn't equal to ruining him
Be serious with me rn
I'm not expanding on Blood's comment, I'm just stating the problem I have with it, which is a lack of a proper and conclusive ending and choosing to keep it open-ended after a quarter of a century.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I'm not expanding on Blood's comment, I'm just stating the problem I have with it, which is a lack of a proper and conclusive ending and choosing to keep it open-ended after a quarter of a century.
I have the same problem with the finals as well, coz it doesn't really provide any closure we already didn't have (unless the Pokemon Master answer is actually significant)
But of all the complaints to give the finale, the fact it ruined Ash's character in any way is just hilarious to me

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I don't think there's a leak about that. It's just fan speculation.

Personally, I do think they'll eventually bring Ash back, whether that's for a movie, or a special event. Keeping Ash 10-years old and giving him an open ending is basically a perfect excuse to bring him back into the story whenever you want. Not anytime soon though.
If they bothered giving him a new outfit(Possibly for this gen's Capachu), then he'll definitely return at some point

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Istg you guys are just the other end of the pendulum of the overzealous Twitter stans. How is it an insult to Ash's character? It doesn't really change anything for him. I get feeling underwhelmed and feel it being pointless and not really providing resolutions, but once you guys start using dramatic tones like it ruined Ash's character or whatever, I just can't help but eyerolling
It doesn't have to 'ruin Ash's character' to be an insult, and I never said it did.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
It doesn't have to 'ruin Ash's character' to be an insult, and I never said it did.
Was more encompassing in general in the later posts about the topic, but still though how is it insulting his character for not giving him a more conclusive end? Like coz being insulting to the character means damaging the character in some way but that literally isn't? It's just the most boring choice they could've gone with

AJ97

Was more encompassing in general in the later posts about the topic, but still though how is it insulting his character for not giving him a more conclusive end? Like coz being insulting to the character means damaging the character in some way but that literally isn't? It's just the most boring choice they could've gone with
I don't think there's anything wrong with the finale, however, the preceding 10 episodes did seem lazy and uneventful considering how important Ash and Pikachu are within the franchise.
I mean the writers had the right idea with having him rotate a team with reserves and casually travel around and I have no issue with the casual storyline like the Squirtle or Lapras one for example. Plus, they even executed it well initially by having the OG companions travel with Ash and then have them run into Cilan etc.

Plus, considering they are now going out of their way to even bring back Pidgeot; why couldn't they have simply had Ash along with Misty and Brock, travel across the world to meet Ash's Reserves and also have one of his previous companions join them for a casual quest each episode?

The finale honestly does feel insulting to the character especially considering the preceding episodes.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I don't think there's anything wrong with the finale, however, the preceding 10 episodes did seem lazy and uneventful considering how important Ash and Pikachu are within the franchise.
I mean the writers had the right idea with having him rotate a team with reserves and casually travel around and I have no issue with the casual storyline like the Squirtle or Lapras one for example. Plus, they even executed it well initially by having the OG companions travel with Ash and then have them run into Cilan etc.

Plus, considering they are now going out of their way to even bring back Pidgeot; why couldn't they have simply had Ash along with Misty and Brock, travel across the world to meet Ash's Reserves and also have one of his previous companions join them for a casual quest each episode?

The finale honestly does feel insulting to the character especially considering the preceding episodes.
I agree with the opinions but how is it insulting is still something I'm not understanding. Being underwhelming and being insulting are two very different things: Heck the Yuyama thing makes it clear it was made with considerations towards Ash's character in mind, it's just they thought the open ending and not giving any climatic arc was the way to go

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Eh let's be honest, I called this ending ages ago, I told you guys that in Ash's heart, all he wants to do is travel the world and see pokemon and have adventure, he was never going to just stop lol, especially at 10. So I'm not surprised even a little bit tbh.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
I agree with the opinions but how is it insulting is still something I'm not understanding. Being underwhelming and being insulting are two very different things: Heck the Yuyama thing makes it clear it was made with considerations towards Ash's character in mind, it's just they thought the open ending and not giving any climatic arc was the way to go

I don't think mpm is being insulting to ash as a character but i do think it is insulting to the fans of most of the post-os companions. I personally believe that they all deserve one last hurrah before the Ash saga ends.

Last edited:

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Yeah it kinda sucks MPM was written solely for Ash rather than the Ash anime as a whole.
Yeah to me the main characters that revolve around ash and Pikachu are just as important as Ash and Pikachu themselves, not seeing them or not feeling their impact to the series in the final episodes really breaks my heart a little bit.

Last edited: