• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Containment thread for LEAKS of upcoming episodes (READ THE FIRST POST, IMPORTANT)

Soniman

Break the Limit
I have no problem with with keeping it open ended in case Rica wanted to come back. Ash isn’t like Naruto or Goku or any other shounen with a manga that has a beginning middle and end, he will never settle down and he’ll always be looking for the next adventure because Pokémon (as a franchise) isn’t gonna end so there will always be new things to discover and challenges to overcome

I have no problem with with keeping it open ended in case Rica wanted to come back. Ash isn’t like Naruto or Goku or any other shounen with a manga that has a beginning middle and end, he will never settle down and he’ll always be looking for the next adventure because Pokémon (as a franchise) isn’t gonna end so there will always be new things to discover and challenges to overcome
Yes, they have been writing Ash's story for 25 years, not easy to let go. I think they left an open ending and it is possible that Ash will return in the future.

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
I feel the issue is more on the how the finale is happening and the path taken to reach there than on the "and the adventure continues" finale.
A prime example that people have brought up countless times already is how all these episodes feel like they could and should have been part of PM itself rather than be part of the the "finale".
It's small stuff like that piling up that make it all feel off.

I mean Dragon Ball ended with an open ending of sorts but none really had much of an issue with it since it did feel like the story had ended.
It's that lacking of "true finality" of the story and feeling more of a "okay guys we've gotta do an open ending because closing up Ash would be a super risky move and we've gotta be ready to bring him back any time we may need so that people can clap" type of thing.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender

doofinc

get rillaboomed
I don't see anything wrong with Ash's ending being he continues to travel. He's still 10, he isn't going to retire in-universe lmao.

Regarding conclusions, he already got one. The closest thing to a main storyline throughout the series has always been the leagues. And that story is very much complete - he got to the top and beat the very best trainers in the world. While the quality of MPM's execution may be debatable. it's an epilogue for fanservice and a victory lap at the end of the day.

Getting an answer to "what a Pokemon Master" is likely gonna be some corny "exploring and meeting more Pokemon" thing and that in itself is not conclusive, but IMO that doesn't need to be. Ash running into the sunset continuing his time to explore the Pokemon world sounds like what should be the ending. That's pretty much what we all do when we wait for new Pokemon games to come out anyways, so IMO it's kinda poetic.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Personally I’d rather characters grow up with their audience bc it’s more compelling. He can still keep travelling. It’s weird how they’re trying to show how far he’s come, but refuse to the biggest thing that indicates growth. Aging
Kids are constantly being introduced to Pokemon, to grow up with it. That's why.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Was more encompassing in general in the later posts about the topic, but still though how is it insulting his character for not giving him a more conclusive end? Like coz being insulting to the character means damaging the character in some way but that literally isn't? It's just the most boring choice they could've gone with
That...is an incredibly restrictive definition of an incredibly loose statement. Please don't try to force a meaning onto the sentence that I never gave it.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
There’s no reason to do aging in this series when it’s supposed to be timeless. The same goes for the games, which is why SM had Wally, Cynthia, and other characters in the Battle Tree looking identical to how they did before. Red and Blue are basically the only characters to have drastically changed and that’s because it was to celebrate the anniversary. To have Ash become an adult limits the childlike wonder of this world and everyone who insists he can’t grow without an arbitrary number by his age page on the wiki is fooling themselves.

kickachu

Momentai!
Question what's the point of ash getting … since this is thale last episode for now and where you thinks he's heading to

Guy100

Based on other reactions to the leaks and overall exposition of this final chapter story of Ash and Pikachu, I'm glad pokemania madness of the OS anime will be coming to an end next Friday (March 24th). Last time I've seen folks this riled up over pokemon was during the infamous pokemon trading card game saga in the mid 90s.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Based on other reactions to the leaks and overall exposition of this final chapter story of Ash and Pikachu, I'm glad pokemania madness of the OS anime will be coming to an end next Friday (March 24th). Last time I've seen folks this riled up over pokemon was during the infamous pokemon trading card game saga in the mid 90s.
I mean Pokemon Go was a lot more recent than that

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I agree with the opinions but how is it insulting is still something I'm not understanding. Being underwhelming and being insulting are two very different things: Heck the Yuyama thing makes it clear it was made with considerations towards Ash's character in mind, it's just they thought the open ending and not giving any climatic arc was the way to go
Are you trying to be intentionally dense here? First of all, open endings themselves aren't a problem since a lot of great anime have them. Gon and Killua had one at the end of HxH, and Gintama's final scene is literally what MPM thinks it's gonna do, have the main protagonists run and say "our journey is going to continue". What makes all these endings work is that it feels satisfying to a long concluded and ardeous journey, something that can't be said for Ash. The first big mistake here was to promote 10 episodes of absolute nothingness as the "beginning of the end" of Ash's journey and have Gary ask that question in the opening trailer as though Ash was going to introspect, while he'll find the answer to that question in 5 mins anyway as we know. If MPM episode 11 was JN137, it wouldn't even have been this awful (still pretty trash but not as bad as it is now). That would've been underwhelming as you put it. MPM is insulting cause it was basically bait to hype the question of "what is the meaning of being a Pokémon Master" while having 10 padded out filler episodes of Ash doing things he's done for 26 years. This series never needed to exist.

Last edited by a moderator: