• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Contest Dreams

M

Miss Mudkip

nice fic so far........a few mistakes in it but it's good...........put me on the pm list^ ^

M

Miss Torchic

good fic Sweet May........... a little confusion but its great......... in the beginning its kinda like Encyclopika's but oh well........ pm me 4 the next episode

M

<.::<*~Minano~*>::.>

Oh whats this? A new fanfic? Well I like the fanfic storyline, yeah if you want, enter the fanfic contest hosted by me.You be in the PG-13 section if you join...

Chelc

Love your fic so far!! You can put me on the PM list if it wouldn't be that much trouble. Can't wait for the next chatper! ^__^

ok thx 4 readin my fic every and thx 4 da replies............. i no its been a while but i had school stuff 2 deal with so sry 4 da hold up............. sry if dis epi seems confusin its cuz i got a lot of stuff on my case.............. and also dis id my first fic so ppl chill just tell me da mistakes and i might make da next epi better......... i'm sry if da ppl r out of charcater or sumthin........ and i'm sry if i'm not so descriptive dis time................ ok enough said........

Contest Dreams - Episode 3: Eevee and the Kelpsy River

The day was cold and misty. Fog was everywhere surrounding the trees and ground making them invisible. It was as if there was nothing but grayness swarming the earth's ground. Even the sky wasn't visible. But deep inside the gray foggy mists, May and Drew walked slowly trying to stay on the road to prevent themselves from getting lost.

"There's a lot of mist and fog around here," May said and stopped.

Drew stopped to look back at May. He also saw the road behind them was gone as if someone painted everything gray.. The only things visible were May and a couple of trees around them.

"Come on, Drew whispered and grabbed May's hand. As they kept walking, the fog became thicker and darker that everything was gone. May couldn't see anything except only feel Drew's hand holding hers. May didn't let go, knowing, she'll get lost in all the gray fogs.

It was the afternoon and the fog cleared up making everything visible again. The sky was clear with white clouds moving slowly and the sun was shining it's yellow rays of sunlight covering the earth surface. May and Drew were relieved to be out of the fog. Drew looked around and found a bridge from a few feet away standing in between two sides of land. One side was where May and Drew were and the other side was to Amberhive Town

"There's a bridge. Guess crossing it is going to take us to Amberhive," Drew pointed to the brown bridge that seemed newly built.

May and Drew came closer to the bridge and ready to cross it until a leaf crunching sound interrupted them.. They turned back just to see a brown puppy-like Pokémon in front of a bush.

"Eevee," it said waging it's brown tail side to side. May and Drew looked at it in surprise.

"Hi," May greeted crouching down and laid her hand on Eevee's head and started petted it. Drew looked at them and smiled.

"Eve," it said saying hi back.

"It's cute," May cried cheerfully. Drew shook his head in a little disappointment.

"It's a Eevee if you're wondering," Drew informed May making her turn and glare at him.

"I know that," May screeched pretending she did know and took out her pokedex to find out.

"Eevee, the Evolution Pokémon," The pokedex said and continued, "Eevee has an unstable genetic makeup that suddenly mutates due to the environment in which it lives. Radiation from various stones causes this Pokémon to evolve."

"Eve," Eevee repeated again and started running around in a circle around May.

"It's so cute!" May repeated slowly pulling herself to the ground. Drew just shook his head again and then saw from afar a group of Eevees looking back at Drew. They seemed like they were mad at him.

"May, don't you think we should be going?" Drew asked nervously still staring at the Eevees. One of the Eevees stepped forward a little then glared at Drew.

"Can't you chill for a sec," May turned and then saw all the Eevees. Eevee then saw them and hid behind May.

"What's wrong?" May nervously asked looking to see Eevee squirming. Then all of the Eevees growled at May and Drew whiched scared them.

"What did we do?" May said getting up and backing away as the Eevees got closer.
"We never did anything, "Drew backed up too, "Unless they hate us."

May and Drew started running away with Eevee following. The group of Eevees froze for a moment and then started going after them. May, Drew and Eevee kept running without looking back and see how far they were away from the angry group of Eevees. They were running along a long fast current river. May then saw a girl sitting on the edge of the ground with her legs touching the blue water of the river. She had short brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a light brown shirt with a brown stripe across it and a pair of blue jeans. Although the bottom of her pants were still in the water. The girl turned to see May, Drew, and Eevee running.

"Hey what's wrong?" the girl asked in a sweet voice, getting up form the ground and approached them. May, Drew, and Eevee slowed down and eventually stopped. May, out of breath, couldn't answer so Drew answered for her.
"There's a group of Eevees trying to attack us but we got away. I think,"

"Well if they're chasing you," the girl glanced at May looking at May as she had done something wrong to the Eevees, "Then you must've bothered them."

"But we didn't do anything," May exclaimed, "We just met this Eevee and then those Eevees come and chase us."

"Well I don't know what's wrong," the girl muttered, "But anyways my name is Elaine."

"Hi Elaine," May began smiling and trying to forget about the Eevees, "I'm May and this is Drew."

"Hey," Drew greeted with lack of interest and flipped his green hair.

"I don't know what's wrong with the Eevees. I mean they're very helpful, and I know since I‘ve seen them a lot" Elaine turned to look at the trees where May, Drew, and Eevee came out of.

"What do you mean helpful?" May scolded scaring both Elaine and Drew.

"Well they are helpful," Elaine muttered, "But they must not like strangers."

Elaine looked at Eevee who looked scared, lost, and afraid. May saw it's sad expression and May turned sad. Elaine sighed turning to look at the river stream. The small waves crashed on the medium sized rocks and the waves returned back into the stream.
May, Drew, and Elaine were walking along the river talking about the Eevees a little more. Eevee, who was behind them, was looking around itself feeling more scared than before. The sky was getting darker but it was still daytime. The clouds were gone but the sky was blue. Everything seemed kind of blue-colored.

"The Eevees are nice but somehow they seem not to like anyone coming in their territory anymore," Elaine explained looking at the ground and kicking small pebbles with her sneakers, "Like when Eevee came here and also the both of you."

"But why don't they want us here," May asked turning to look at Elaine.

"Well we wouldn't be in this mess if Eevee didn't bother us on our way to Amberhive Town!" Drew rose his voice glaring at May.

"Well it's not my fault that Eevee needs our help," May scolded glaring back at Drew.
“What help?” Drew shouted. They stared angrily at each other and then turned away turning and facing their backs at each other. Elaine sighed and then a soft puppy sound came from far in the trees.

"What was that?" May asked forgetting about her and Drew's small argument.

"It sounded like an Eevee," Drew sneered turning to look at May.

"Eve," Eevee cried hiding behind May's leg.

A brown furry tail popped out of a bush and then a whole Eevee came out of it and turned and saw May and the others frozen in fear of what the Eevee will do.

"Eevee!" cried the Eevee calling all the other Eevees to tell them that it found May, Drew, and Eevee.

"Eevee," echoed the sound coming from the group of Eevees deep in the trees. Then millions of Eevees came out surrounding May, Drew, Eevee, and Elaine.

"Please Eevees, they are only travelers," Elaine called out to the Eevees but they only ignored her and got closer to them.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm too young to die!" May yelled and grabbed on Drew looking as she was hugging and choking him at the same time.

"Get off of me," Drew shouted trying to get May off but she hung on to him like if she was glued to him.

"Eve!" yelled one of the Eevees and they all charged at May, Drew, and Eevee. But Eevee jumped and started running into the trees.

"Eevee!" May called out telling to come back.

"May, you go and find Eevee," Drew suggested, "Me and Elaine will distract the Eevees."

May stared at him for a moment but then went running into the trees until she disappeared into the woods.

"So what now?" Drew asked Elaine looking at extremely mad Eevees.

"Well they won't calm down until both of you are gone," Elaine softly said then turned to the Eevees, "Please listen to me Eevees, if you all would just let them leave."

Then all of the Eevees froze for a moment and then ran which scared both Drew and Elaine but the Eevees instead, ran all together into the woods and disappeared.

"Where are they going?" Elaine asked staring at the oak trees.

"I bet they're going to find May and Eevee," Drew replied so they both ran into the woods to search for May and Eevee. Elaine was worried about both of them but Drew was only worried about May.
"Eevee, where are you?" May whispered as she slowly walked on the soft and lumpy ground. May got no response and no sound except the soft wind and crunching of leaves that May stepped on. Then May heard a small faint cry.

"Eevee," May whispered again and came out from another part the woods. She saw the river flowing and from there May saw Eevee holding on to a branch with it's small teeth.

"Eevee!" May yelled and ran stopping to find out that the Eevees had came and are all staring at her.

"Um, please don't hurt me," May pleaded but then realized she had to help Eevee. But the group of Eevees just stared at May.

"I know what to do," May announced and took out a red and white Pokeball, "Beautifly, use String Shot"

The big butterfly came out with its colorful wings and gray body. Beautifly released a long silvery string that grabbed Eevee and pulled it out of the water and safely placed it on the ground. Eevee shook itself to release all of the water out of it's soft brown fur.

"Eevee," May yelled in panic running to it to see if it was safe and ok. "Are you ok."

"Eve," Eevee said smiling to show it was fine. Drew and Elaine came and stopped when the group of Eevees turned to stare at them. But the Eevees weren't mad anymore then seemed confused and happy at the same time.

"What happened?" Drew asked worried.

"Nothing," May grinned, "Just helped Eevee from the river."

"You mean the Kelpsy River," Elaine informed them pointing to the long river.

"Why is it called Kelpsy River?" May questioned looking close to the light blue crystal clear water.

"It's because of the Kelpsy berries in there," Elaine said placing her hand in the water and then out having a Kelpsy berry in her hands.

"Aren't those helpful to make Pokeblocks?" Drew asked getting excited.

"If you want, you could have some," Elaine offered and took out some more Kelpsy berries.

"Thank you so much," May smiled. All the Eevees surrounded May, Drew, Eevee and Elaine.

"What's happening?" May asked being scared again but the Eevees didn't surround them because of their madness. They surrounded them in excitement.

"Guess the Eevees like you now since they saw you saving Eevee," Elaine said bending down and started petting one of the Eevees.

"I guess," May giggled and looked at Eevee.

"Well it's nice to meet both of you," Elaine said giving them a basket of Kelpsy berries, "I also wish you good luck in the contests."

"Thanks," Drew grinned, "Although everyone knows that I'm going to win."
May looked at Drew with a angry frown and then looked at Eevee who had its face down. Elaine also turned to see Eevee and then smiled.

"I think Eevee wants to go with you, May," Elaine explained.

"Really," May exclaimed," Is that true Eevee?"

"Eve," Eevee said picking it's head up, smiling and waging its brown colored tail telling May the answer was yes. May smiled and picked up Eevee. Drew sighed showing he didn't want Eevee to come.

"Bye," Elaine called and waved as May and Drew walked on the bridge, waving back. The group of Eevees jumped up and down. May was excited that Eevee is coming with her even though Drew wasn't. May and Drew continued to stay on the road and were almost close to Amberhive where they can sign up for the contests in the Glenn Region.

Well like I said mayb i'll b better in da next episode but hey wut can i say its my first fic.................... and i hope dis next epi won't take tat long like dis 1

Next Episode in Contest Dreams: Episode 4: Amberhive Town! New Friends Await
May and Drew finally arrived in Amberhive Town and are ready for their passes but are interrupted by a boy who thinks they're not ready. Are May and Drew ready to take the contests here in the Glenn Region or do they need more praticing than they think?

W

WindyNight

Yay! It's finally out! It took you about 29 days..lol..But it's okay, I can understand....
I just read it from the start to finish...Good episode, Cynthia..
I like the part when May hugged on tight to Drew..^^
Sometimes, you forgot the question mark after a question...Other than that, great stuff! And yea, I am glad that Eevee decided to come with May.... Can't wait to read epi.4...Hopefully, you won't take too long to write it...lol...^^

Chelc

Sweet_May said:
"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm too young to die!" May yelled and grabbed on Drew looking as she was hugging and choking him at the same time.

"Get off of me," Drew shouted trying to get May off but she hung on to him like if she was glued to him.

LOL. XDD Loved that part!

I thought the ep was fine, IMO. Hopefully more funny things happen in the next episode. ^^

BTW, is it okay if I added you to my sig?? ...I really like putting people in my sig. =p

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
This is the very first contestshipping Fanfic, I have EVER read! (obviously nothings going to change that lol) but, i really love this story, and for a few days, I thought you had given up on it! (that's what I always do, so I never write Fanfics!) Good job on that last chapter! I adore eevees! could you put me on the PM list if thats not too much trouble? Thanks!

Xiang

Yay! It's finally out! It took you about 29 days..lol..But it's okay, I can understand....
I just read it from the start to finish...Good episode, Cynthia..
Cynthia's my name too...wow. ^_^

Thanks for replying to my fic, Sweet May, I 'm here to return the favor. :)

It's really good, way less rushed than mine, and more description than mine too! You really put a lot of effort into this!

Yay! May got an Eevee! I love cute Pokemon

Ralts
;280;

lara lynx

Sweet May said:
Well like I said mayb i'll b better in da next episode but hey wut can i say its my first fic.................... and i hope dis next epi won't take tat long like dis 1

What do you meen, this is great! especially as its your first fic. the next epi would probably be close to perfect if its better than this one. i hope it won't take as long too, but i understand (sucky skool, right?). i saw a few mistakes, but nothing to big.

Encyclopika

The Queen
Oh! I knew I would love this ep and hey! I was right! Great job! Oh boy! May has an Eevee now? ^^ that's really cool. ^_-
Also, I have to say that your description is getting better and better! ^^ Great job and I so can not wait for the next ep! ^^

M

Miss Torchic

that episode is good and funny well 1 part is............ i can't wait to read the next episode but i'll be gone so i'll have to post in September.............its also good that May has an Eevee.......... i wonder how i'll be in the contests^ ^

xsweet_peax

+kiss of an angel+
Awesome chapter Sweet_May. I was beginning to worry that you weren't updating anymore. I hope you update again soon. Um, I was a little disappointed because I was hoping that Elaine would like Drew and May would be jealous but nope. When I first read her name, I was thinking and hoping that would happen but it never came. She was just a normal girl that was helping them. Darn. Well, I hope there would be some jealousy from May soon since its always mostly Drew that gets jealous.

M

Miss Mudkip

i also thought you abandoned your fic but guess i was wrong. I love the episode. And it's great that Eevee is going along with May. Well I can't wait for epi 4 and I hope it's great^_^

~Mist~

revolutionary~
I liked this chapter. Short and sweet. ^^

I loved the part when May clung on to poor Drew. XD Priceless!

PM when your next chapter's up. ;)

~~*Mist*~~

Xiang

Miss_Skitty said:
good fic Sweet May........... a little confusion but its great......... in the beginning its kinda like Encyclopika's but oh well........ pm me 4 the next episode
A Lot of Contestshippy fics were started like that, but they all went in different directions. As long as we don't entirely suck up Encyclopika's fic and copy most of it there. I must admit, I did kinda do the "new region no contests Drew invites May wherever" but I chose a different region with a different group and totally different stuff for that, so mine and Sweet May's fic both sound similiar in the beginning, but "chose different paths." Although I must say that I DID get an idea for my fic from Encyclopika's so I apologize, Encyclopika, you were "my fresh start."

^_^; OK....that was long...

-Skitty ;300;

MayShuufan

Mrs Brendan Birch ^^
Good episode Sweet May I liked reading it and the next episode looks cool too! Elaine seemed a pretty cool character and I wanted to help Eevee myself. Anyway update as soon as you can ^_~

Xiang

"May, you go and find Eevee," Drew suggested, "Me and Elaine will distract the Eevees."

It should be
"May, you should go and find Eevee," Drew suggested. "Elaine and I will distract the Eevees."

1. If Drew suggested something, he should say "should". No biggie. :D

2. me and Elaine--> Elaine and I
Common mistake I notice in the English language. Still, no biggie. :)

Keep these in mind, but its great anyway!

If I'm too harsh, tell me 'kay? I'm just in the mood to spill. XD

-Pichu Gurl ;172;

Peach

Your story is just great! I really like it.
The chapters aren't too long ones, your writing style is really good and plot is really good one.

My fave quotes:
"You know, if we're going to traveling together, you should at least be nice." May cried. Drew paused for a moment and stared at May with a grin.

"Sure, I’ll be nice." he said with laughter.
Awwww, some way I think that was too cute XD