• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Contest Tie (Contestshipping)

M

Monstrous Magikarp

hey encyclopika this is great! Could you please PM me when you're done w/ the next chappie?

Encyclopika

The Queen
Oh, wow! I have fans! ^^ I'm so glad you guys love this story. Those four months I spent thinking and planning really payed off. lol Sorry Episode 2 took so long. As those of you who read my Contestshipping poems know, I have created many over the past week, so it's kinda hard to do both at the same time. -_-; But I'm here again! Here's epi 2!

Episode 2 - Night in Auburn! Mistaken Thief!
Rated - G - yeah, a change I know. But you get to see some new Contesta Pokemon!

Days in Auburn Town felt like minutes. It was already late in the afternoon. The small town still bustled with activity as though it were still morning. Cars drove up and down the black, paved streets, turning corners with ease. The sun shifted down the buildings as thought it were wet, yellow paint. The windows glimmered into the eyes of wanderers who looked up at the wrong angle. Off to Auburn's northwest exit lay the official Contesta lab where coordinators get their first Pokemon.

"So? Where are we going?" May asked as she did her best to keep up with Drew's fast pace.

"To go see Contesta's professor. Remember we gotta sign up for the contests before we can enter them," he answered a matter a factly.

They pasted small shops and buildings that seemed to get smaller and farther apart as they headed toward the lab. Trees became more abundant as they hurried along, trying to get there before the sun was swallowed up by the night sky.

"Do you think he'll show us the new Contesta starter Pokemon?" May asked excitedly.

"Maybe," Drew answered in tone that gave May the clue that he had forgotten about that.

They were now practically out of Auburn. The forest became thicker and the sky had grown into a deeper yellow. Drew moved a branch in front of them to reveal a two story, white building. It had four glass doors in the front and windows to match all around. A balcony on the second floor was held up by two white pillars that were stuck firmly in the dirt. As they approached the building, the doors shot open and a small child ran out quickly with something in his hands. The boy wore a blue and yellow t-shirt accompanied by jean shorts. He had a baseball hat on backwards.

"Haha! You can't catch me! Try and catch me, Lily!" the boy shouted as he ran straight into Drew, almost knocking him over.

"Mikey! Now look what you've done!" a teenage girl said as she came walking quickly out of the glass doors the boy had come from, "I'm sorry for the trouble my stupid, little brother has made."

"Oh, quiet down! At least I'm not slow, fat and ugly!" the boy shouted tauntingly, getting her angry.

She was the opposite of his insults, though. She had long, curley, brown hair that fell way past her shoulders. She was thin and tall and wore glasses. She also wore a white lab coat over a purple shirt and jean pants.

"You quiet! Now give those starters back! They're for the coordinators!" she said and held out her hand.

The boy dumped the Pokeballs he had been carrying into her slender hands and got up. He dusted himself off and retreated back to the lab.

"I'm so sorry for my brother, Mikey. He tries to make my job hard by stealing these Pokemon all the time. By the way, I'm Professor Lily," she said as she held out a hand in greeting.

"Oh, it's so nice to meet you! I'm May and this is Drew," May greeted and took her hand.

"Are you guys new coordinators?" Lily asked as she let go of May's hand.

"No, we were just wondering if we could get some information and sign up for the contests," Drew informed her.

She looked very excited by this.

"Oh, well, come inside," Lily said and lead them to the lab.

Once inside, Lily helped them with getting used to Contesta and signing up for the contests. By then, it had grown dark outside and Auburn became illuminated with tiny flashes of light in each window.The lab was big and spread out. It had multiple computers everywhere, some of them on, some of them looked like they hadn't been used in years. There was a small libaray will two small bookshelves of books. Ahead of the books were two deep red arm chairs. Two stair cases lead up to the second floor from either side of the library. A few tropical looking plants were in pots scattered around the room. To the left side of the room was a doorway that lead to another smaller room.

"Oh, Lily, I almost forgot to ask you. Would you update my Pokedex?" May asked as Lily completed her work on a more modern computer.

"Let me see what kind of Pokedex you have," Lily said as she held out her hand. May fumbled with her backpack, but successfully get her Pokedex out.

"Here," May handed the tiny, red computer to Lily.

Lily examined it and said,"This is a Hoenn style Pokedex. I'm sorry, but only your provider can update your Pokedex. You must have gotten this from the field researcher, Professor Birch in Littleroot Town."

"Oh, well, that isn't good," May said in disappointment.

"Oh, that's okay. I'll just give you a Contesta style Pokedex," Lily said happily and got up for the other room. May and Drew watched her leave and quickly come back with a tiny, red item in her hand. She presented it to them. It wasn't anything special. It was a much different shape than the usual Pokedex. It was round. It looked like a compact. A tiny flap on one end allowed it to be opened. Lily lifted the screen for them to see the inside. It had the usual buttons that every Pokedex had.

"Thanks so much Lily!" May exclaimed and grabbed her new toy from the professor.

"Make sure you keep them both. I'm sure that someday you'll go back to Littleroot Town and professor Birch will want to copy the information off the Contesta Pokedex so that he'll have a working upgrade for other trainers," Lily told her.
May nodded in delight. Rustling sounds came from the other room and Drew turned around.

"What's going on in there? Lily, do you have an asistant working late or something?" Drew asked her.

Lily looked over to him, trying to understand.

"No, I'm sure they all went home," she said, confused by his question.

Suddenly, something banged in the other room and the
three rushed to see what it was. The little room looked almost like the main room. It had two computers sitting side by side on the far wall near a bookshelf full of colorful books and numerous papers. A small palm tree was in a basket pot in the corner. Further in the room was a table.

Lily gasped and said, "The three starter Pokemon! They're missing!" The table she had left them on was empty except for three Contesta style Pokedexes. One of the windows behind the table looked like it was crushed inward, the other one left open. The slightly salty wind of the nearby ocean sneaked inside through it.

"I know! Mikey stole them again! He can't help himself!" Lily fumed, changing her surprised and worry tone to a furious, aggrivated one, "C'mon! You two come with me to my house as witnesses for my brother's actions. My parents will never believe me."

May and Drew nodded and followed her out of the glass doors.

They had reached a nearby cottage just beyond some trees.

"She's really mad. It's just a crazy, little kid," Drew whispered to May as Lily stomped over to the door.

"Then you don't know what little brothers are like! They're such a pain in the butt!" May said, remembering her own little brother Max and how he always liked to show off his knowledge of Pokemon.

For a moment, she actually missed the little guy. She knew he'd start off his Pokemon journey any day with his Quadrapay(KWA - druh - pay). Lily rang the dorrbell. They could hear it's sweet chime from outside. An old woman, possibly in her fifties, answered the door.

"Hello? Oh hi, Lily! Shouldn't you be at the lab?" the woman asked, sweetly.

Lily answered in an annoyed tone, "Yeah, where's Mikey?"

"He should be sleeping in his room. Why?" the woman asked, confused.

"He stole my starter Pokemon, again!" Lily fumed.

"Mikey wouldn't ever do a thing like that! Especially when he should be sleeping!" her mother said in a defensive tone.

May rolled her eyes to herself. Parents always side with the younger sibling, she thought.

"Well, I got to go make sure," Lily told her and pushed her way inside. She stopped and said, "Oh, and this is May and Drew. They're a couple of my friends who can tell you now he has stolen the starters before, why, just this afternoon!"

The old woman turned her wrinkling head to them. Her hair was in a bun that was coming out and it came out further as she eyed them.

"Well, he did have them," May told her, trying to tell the news gently, so not to startle the old woman.

"It looked as though he was just doing it to annoy Lily, though," Drew said, defending Mikey.

"Well, that's believable. I don't think he'd actually steal them," the mother gave in.

Lily signaled for May and Drew to follow her up the old wooden stairs just a couple steps from the door. It was up against a yellow, wallpapered wall. They walked up the stairs smoothly and onto the second floor. The brown carpeting had numerous stains in it. The walls were the same yellow
wallpaper that they were downstairs. They reached a thick wooden door. Lily easily opened it, tryig her best to be quiet. Inside, they saw Mikey playing a
Gameboy under his blanket. Lily opened the door and flicked on the light. Her face showed her shame at wanting to be quiet, thinking he was asleep, only to find he wasn't sleeping. Under the covers, they saw him get startled and uncover himself.

"What do you want?" he asked them. He wore blue pajamas. His hair was staticy and messed up from being under the covers.

"Where are the starters, Mikey?" Lily asked angrily.

"Shouldn't you know? You're the professor," Mikey said in a tone that ticked Lily off.

May reconized this tone and shook her head in knowing all little brothers were the same.

"You stole 'em and now where are they?" Lily almost screamed.

"I don't have 'em!" Mikey told her.

She refused to believe him although nothing in his face would give anyone the thought he did it. There was no smirk, no controlled snickering, just a blank stare with big eyes that pleaded for someone to believe the story.

May came to her senses and said, "Lily, I really don't think he did it."

"What? But you two saw him this morning! He's been doing the same thing for weeks now!" Lily protested.

Drew joined the conversation, "I don't think a kid his age could do that to a window, and with such force as well. I don't think even a real person could do that."

Lily took in what he said.

She looked down in defeat and said, "Well, if Mikey didn't do it, who did?"

It took a while, but after getting back to the lab and calling the police, police officials and detectives were on the case. Lily stood ouside talking to an Officer Jenny. May and Drew spoke amongst themselves trying to figure the mystery out.

"You don't think it's Team Rocket, do you?" May asked Drew.

They were speaking outside. He leaned against the wall next to a window
with his arms folded. May stood next to him, facing him. The night sky was now disappearing for the police lights. They sparked red and white everywhere.

"No, they would've been caught by now. Besides, they probably followed Ash to Orre," he answered.

"Good point," May said looking down.

There was suddenly commotion going on up ahead. May and Drew ran to the seen.

"What's going on?" May asked a policeman.

He turned to her and answred in a panic, "Two Growlithe and our lead Houndoom were sucked into the ground!"

May and Drew were startled by this. Sucked into the ground? How was this possible? Then a drill machine made an appearance as it
erupted out of the ground in front of them. Some police cars were turned over. It's drill sopped spinning all of a sudden. The loud whirling of it diceased.

Over a loud speaker came a woman's voice, hard yet smooth, "Why, thank you so much, Professor Lily, for forcing the police Pokemon out here. We promise not to lose our grips on them."

"Who are you? Come out with your hands up where we can see them! Anything you say -" Officer Jenny stopped talking when it seemed as though the criminals were giving up.

The drill opened on top and out came a man and a woman who wore flight
pilot suits which were blue. The woman had on a long skirt and the man had plain blue pants. Their shoulders were pointy. The woman wore her brown hair up in a tight bun letting two bangs hang in front of her face. She was thin and tall. Her face was a little made up; red lipstick and eye liner. The man had wide eyes that were partly covered by his greasy, brown hair. They
looked like siblings. He was also tall and thin.

"Who are you and what do you plan to do with those Pokemon you captured?" Officer Jenny questioned.

"Simple. Give them to our boss for examination. You can have these back, they're much too weak. We only used them to get the police out. Thank you again, professor," the woman explained in an even tone, completely unafraid of the time she might do in jail.

She then threw the starter Pokemon's pokeballs in the air. Lily caught one, and May and Drew helped catch the other two.

"We are members of Team Gem," the man said in a deep, scratchy voice.

They could hear the wimpering of the Pokemon inside the drill.

"We're not quite finished though. We'll be taking those," the woman said and pressed a remote in her hand.

A net came out suddenly and swiped up the remaining Growlithe and Houndour. The drill then swallowed them up. The police watched them get away with what they wanted.

Lily was outraged, "You think these Pokemon are weak? I'll show you!"

Lily threw the pokeballs in the air. They releseased three Pokemon.

"Come out Furnisur(FERN - eh - sir), Weedin(WEE - din), and Seissorn(Say - sorn)!"

Out of one ball came a long necked dinosaur like Pokemon. It had a small head at the end of its long neck and had squinty eyes. It's black body was big and had three openings on either side. They glowed orange. It had a long tail and small legs and feet.

"Furnisur!" it cried in a pained, high voice.

May and Drew identified it to be Fire type. Out of another ball came out a scarecrow looking Pokemon. Its body was a bunch of dry, light green grass clippings. A small pile of those grass clippings were found on top of its head. It's head was round and jolly. It had quinty eyes and a wide smile that seemed to be sewed together. Its legs were two wooden poles and its hands were extentions of the grass from its fat body.

"Weedin!" said the Grass Pokemon in a scratchy voice.

The last Pokeball spitted out an aqua colored octopus. It had only six tentacles with little suction cups underneath each tentacle. Its head was big and so were its red eyes. The eyes were round and outlined by a horn each. It's skin was shiney and wet.

"Seissorn!" it said in a child - like voice.

The water Pokemon eased itself next to Weedin.

"Come now, professor. You can't possibly think you'll win with those three starter Pokemon do you?" asked the woman.

Lily stared at her still in blind fury.

"Dona, I think she's serious," the man said to the woman.

"Let those Pokemon go or I'll release these Pokemon's wrath!" Lily said in blind fury.

Everyone around her sweatdropped.

"Derek, please tell me she's kidding," Done said to the man, "Well, I guess we'll just have to battle her. Go, Diawarkit(DEE - uh - war - KIT)!"

The woman threw a Pokeball down in front of the starters. It opened up to reveal a large snake Pokemon. Its body was probably eight feet long. It looked much like Seviper in a way. Its head was oval shaped. It had a large crest sticking beind its head. On its neck were a couple of shiney scales that varied in color and shape, apart from its light orchid skin color. On its back
was a large gem of some kind, a darker shade of its skin color. It's two fangs that hung out of its mouth looked like the same gem its back plate was. Diawarkit hissed at the starters. They backed away frightened.

"Slithlect, go!" Derek called and threw out his Pokeball. The round ball released another snake looking Pokemon. It had a head that looked like a plug, its fangs were the plug prongs. Its eyes were big, but narrow. Its body was a thin, black wire than ran to its tail which looked like a battery pack. Half of the battery pack was yellow, but besides that, the snake was all black. It flicked its pink tougue out. May opened her new Pokedex to check the two snake Pokemon out.

"Diawarkit, the Mineral Pokemon," the Pokedex informed in a young woman's voice,"This Ground/Poison type is a close relative to Seviper. It spends most
of its time underground searching for gems to attach to its skin." May then pointed the Pokedex to Slithlect.

"Slithlect, the Plug Pokemon," the Pokedex started again,"This Electric type Pokemon is commonly seen in large cities collecting electric energy from building circuits. All of its energy is stored in its battery - like tail."

"Diawarkit! Use Earthquake on the Furnisur!" Dona told the large snake and it obeyed by crashing its tail down on the ground.

The ground trembled and only Furnisur seemed to be effected by it. Weedin and Seiessorn felt almost nothing.

"Seiessorn, use your Water Gun on that Diawarkit!" Lily told the little octopus.

It obeyed and shot out a thin stream of water heading for the purple snake.

"Slithlect, Thundershock it!" Derek called to the plug and it shot out a thick lighting bolt that fried Seiessorn.

"Weedin, use a Razor Leaf!" Lily called, but Dona countered it with a Poison Sting and knocked Weedin out.

"Drew, we gotta help Lily out. She's losing!" May said to him.

"Then I guess we have no choice. If Diawarkit is a Ground type we need a water type. But what's going to defend Icechik(ICE - chick) or Masquerain from Slithlect?" Drew asked her, trying to come up with the best stradegy.

"Roselia will," May said and then called, "Come on out Icechik!"

She threw a Pokeball into the air and blue penguin baby came out. It had a fat, yellow beak, big black eyes, and two yellow, webbed feet. Its tail was short, and it had two horns sticking out from the back of its head. Its flippers were fat, but long.

"Let's go, Roselia!" Drew called out his rose girl Pokemon.

Dona and Derek of Team Gem were startled.

"Diawarkit! Get that Roselia with a Poison Sting!" Dona yelled, pointing towards Roselia.

The snake shot white pins towards the grass Pokemon, but Icechik jumped in front of them.

"Icechik, use Water Gun!" May shouted.

Icechik let out a heavy stream of water from its bill and got Diawarkit hard.

"Slithlect! Use Thunderbolt!" Derek cried.

Slithlect went to use the elctric technique.

"Roselia, use Petal Dance!" Drew called and Roselia used the attack.

The pink petals rained down on Slithlect.

Lily got an idea and said,"Furnisur, use Sunny Day!"

Furnisur obeyed, and weakly lifted its head to the sky. Immediatly, the sky
above them became illuminated with a fake sun.

Drew caught on and said,"Roselia, use your Solar Beam!"

Roselia lifted its rose hands toward the sun and shot out a bright, white light. It crashed into Slithlect and Diawarkit and pushed them back into their trainers. During the commotion, the police were able to retrieve the stolen dog Pokemon from the drill machine. Seeing that they were caught, Dona lifted her hand and threw down a smoke ball. After the smoke cleared, they had disappeared.

"They got away again," Officer Jenny mumbled to herself.

"Who exactly are they, Officer Jenny?" Lily asked.

She had the starters standing at her feet.

"They're part of an organization called Team Gem. We're not sure what they're after, but it seems they want strong Pokemon. To them, it doesn't seem to matter how rare some Pokemon are. Starter Pokemon are much rarer than our Growlithe, Houdour, and Houndoom, yet they threw them back as if they were Magikarp," Jenny said, putting her hand to her chin. Behind her, the police squad was investigating the drill machine left behind.

"Thanks so much for helping me out you guys,"Lily said to Drew and May.

"Yes, if it wasn't for you, we'd probably be short ten cop dogs," Jenny said.

"It was no big deal, glad we could help!" May said happily.

Drew smiled along with her.

"If you guys want, you can stay at my lab for the night," Lily offered.

May and Drew agreed.

The next day, the three new coordinators came to start their journey. A little girl was the first to come. She had orange, curly hair and wore a light blue shirt with a black skirt. She carried a red bag over her shoulder. Lily showed the three starters to the girl and the girl immediately took Seiessorn, saying she always wanted to be a Water and Ice Coordinator. May checked
Seiessorn out on the Pokedex.

"Seissorn, the Tentacle Pokemon. This Water type Pokemon spends most of its time on the sea floor scavenging for food."

The next one was a boy. He had black hair that was pushed into his blue eyes. He wore black, jean shorts and a black t-shirt with a skull on it. He picked Weedin and said he wanted to prove that Pokemon that didn't look as nice as others could still be great contest Pokemon. May remembered Harley with his Cacturne and Bannette and agreed. She also checked Weedin out on the Pokedex.

"Weedin, the Weed Pokemon. This Pokemon stands in open fields and pastures to collect sun rays that dry up its body. It needs little water unlike most Grass Pokemon."

The next was a boy who adored dinosaur Pokemon and he picked Furnisur. He had brown, short hair, and wore long jean pants under a red long sleeve shirt. May checked Furnisur out on the Pokedex as well.

"Furnisur, the Furnace Pokemon. This Pokemon's heat energy can sometimes get too high and is expelled from the openings on either side of its body."

"Well, that's all of them," Lily said as she watched the boy go with his new Furnisur, "I'm pretty sure they'll all be heading for the Amarillo Desert to catch some Desert Pokemon. Maybe you guys should go too. The Norbrown contest won't be starting for a couple days, maybe a week."

"Oh really? Which way is to the Amarillo Desert?" Drew asked her.

"Just take the South exit of Auburn Town and follow the beach. When you reach a large rock that looks like a Muk, you're in the desert," Lily told them.

"Awsome! Then it's off to the Amarillo Desert!" May said in excitment.

"Unfortunatly, I don't have a map or guild for you guys," Lily said.

"That's ok, we'll find our way," Drew told her.

They made their way outside and to Auburn's South exit.

"Make sure you don't go into the forest and into Mangrove Pastures! Then you'll never find your way!" Lily called after them.

"Thanks, Lily! see you around!" May called back to her.

Drew and May waved back to her until she could no longer be seen through
the trees. It was the afternoon in Auburn, but the streets were still bustling with activity as if it were still morning. The sun slid down the edges of the buildings like wet, yellow paint.

Thanks again for readinb my story! ^^ Now it's time answer everyone idividually!
Sequoia - I know about that little problem i have, but thank you for pointing it out. I hope I did a better job with it in this episode. It's a work in progress, my teacher told me the same thing - lol.

MayShuuFan and Sweet May - Thanks for you support guys! ^^

Avegaille Spellman - Oh, cool! My fic was added to your site! ^^

Riyu - I'm glad you're enjoying my fic. In fact, I do have another Contestshipping story, but it's not anything I'd like to share because people would get very scared of it - lol. There are a few good Contestshipping fics from other people, like Guys, Dolls, and Pokemon, or Roses. They're rare, but they're there.

Next time in Episodes 3! Illusionist of the Sand Castle! Enter Illiumead!
May and Drew are making their way to the Amarillo Desert when they come upon a giant sand castle. When they hear a desparate cry for help inside, they take a side trip through the sand maze! See you there!

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
All right, an updatE! *claps hands*

I don't read much online, so I'll read mroe into this offline.... but good job on your first two chapters! XD

Hoshika

Viva Viva Victory6
cool!! keep it up ^_^

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
Encyclopika said:
Avegaille Spellman - Oh, cool! My fic was added to your site! ^^

You're welcome! XD I was bored and your fic is really awesome so I recommended to other May fans to read it too! XP

And yeah, on the next chapter? Can't wait! It's so exciting!

~Mist~

revolutionary~
You did great on this chapter. I admire your creativity that you used to name the pokemon and a unique plot. Be sure to PM me once your new chapter is done! :)

~~*Mist*~~

Juny

Savvy?
Great Job!!! The storyline is good, I love how you make up your own pokémon and there aren't any grammar/spelling mistakes for what I can see. Keep it up!

R

Riyu

[claps] bravo bravo!! great chappie!!! continue!!!

100% pokeshipper
100% contestshipper

S

Sapphire

XDD This chapter was really great! ^^
Can't wait for chapter 3. It sounds really interesting :p

MayShuufan

Mrs Brendan Birch ^^
This is cool so far i'm enjoying it so far. I think Professer Lily's cool...I wonder what Brock would think of her....anyway i thought episode 2 was cool and I hope you get chapter 3 up soon.

R

Rene Bellosh

Alas, as I have noticed with Sweet May's Contestshipping fic, this also seems to have a general lack of my favorite friend, UST. I would think it would take time for Drew to completely drop his act of flingling baseless insults and excuses (and May to develop an immunity from them), let alone for Drew to preform romantic acts on a whim (life saving scenarios don't count as such, as we all know ;)).

Which also brings me to yet another general criticism I have. I've noticed that aside from Drew's roses, I fail to see acts, traits or other character-isms which have been developed in the anime. Part of what make fics like FADOF and GG&P so go is that the characters do things which we know they would do in the anime, ex. Drew's teasings, May and her Expeditions, Ash's love for food, Team Rocket's idioticy and et cetera. This story (along with Sweet May's) will improve by a lot if these character-isms are taken into account.

Otherwise, good luck with your fanfiction. I may be harsher than the rest, but in the end I mearly want Contestshipping to be able to develop high-quality fics in the event I'm not able too. :)

Encyclopika

The Queen
Thank you all again for continuing to read my fic. Well, it's time for Episode 3 to air - lol. I would also like to take this time to direct you to this link . I made a page for the Contesta region and its new Pokemon. So I was bored! Big deal! lol

Episode 3 - Illusionist of the Sandcastle! Enter Illiumead!
Rated - G

Do you ever listen to the ocean? The waves crash upon the sand, climb up, and the retreat back into the ocean. Then they repeat themselves. And climb and retreat. A gentle breeze slithers around the atmosphere, tickling the waves, sometimes making them angry. The sand is smooth and a pale yellow. Along this particular route, though, the forest meets the beach in a calm collision. The forest is thick with trees and leaves, separating the beach from Mangrove Pastures on the other side. Now the sun is going to bed, ducking under the ocean's surface, as the night spreads from above, putting on a show of color. Two Wingull caw over head, but the gentle crash of waves almost silences them. Even with all this noise, it was still peacefully quiet.

May and Drew continued silently along the beach, not saying a word. The waves climbed up the shore, sometimes wetting their sneakers. The sun was falling fast in the sky.

"When do you want to set up camp?" May asked Drew who was walking right beside her.

He dropped his bag on the sand and said, "How about right now?"

"Um, okay," May said, a little startled by the noise the bag made as it came into contact with the ground.

Night had fallen. May had set up her blanket while Drew set up a fire in between them. The sky above was decorated with dozens of tiny stars. It was so clear. She sat on her blanket, facing Drew. He was now laying down on his back, moving his finger above his body, pointing at the sky, and smiled as he did it. The fire crackled and the orange glow from it outlined them both.

"What'cha doin?" May asked him in a curious tone.

He stopped and looked at her. He then said, "Just looking at the pictures. Every night, I try to find or make another one."

"You mean in the stars? That's a neat hobby. I think I've heard of that before," May said looking up to the stars and then back at him, "How many do you have so far?"

"About fifty," Drew said as he resumed back to his drawing.

"What are they of?" May asked. She decided to get up and move herself beside Drew. She set her blanket next to his and layed down on it, like he did to see what he saw.

"Some of them are just shapes, some are of Pokemon, and stuff like that," Drew told her.

"I don't see any," May complained as he outlined to himself.

He snickered, "Well then you're not looking hard enough."

"Shut up!" May shouted, "You're still so annoying."

"It's not that hard. Here look," he said and moved so that his side touched hers.

Then he picked up her hand and pointed towards the sky. She lifted her pointer finger so that it was right beneath his. He started outlining in the sky
again, this time her arm followed his movements.

"Ok, can you see this one?" he asked her.

May could make out what the picture was and saw a palm tree in the sky, its corners lighted up with stars.

"It's a tree?" May asked, almost getting happy she was catching on.

"You really stink at this, don't you?" Drew told her.

"Oh be quiet. I'm really trying here," May complained, "Oh, I seeit now. I think that's an Exeggutor." She then said, "Who taught you how to do this? Or did you pick this up on your own?"

"My mom did it with me when I was younger," Drew admitted.

He didn't seem very happy at all. A frown had over taken his face. May wondered why it didn't make him happy to think about his parents.

It was late at night. The fire had gone completely out and May was asleep. Drew was still awake, still drawing in the pictures in the sky. He looked over at May. She was curled up on her blue blanket. Her face looked younger and more innocent than it usually did. He watched for a while as her body lifted and fell with each breath. Drew had to look away as red streaked across his
face. He had always been able to get over the "excited" feelings he had whenever May was around and then go up to her to hide it further from her back in Hoenn and Wardy. But now, with her around all the time, there wasn't any time for that. He used to love fighting with her, just to talk to her without letting her know how he felt. Now that she knew, it didn't seem
all that appealing anymore. He regretted the way he treated her. He dosed off into a dreamless sleep.

The sun lifted above it's watery, ocean surface covers for a new day. It beamed into May's eyes and she awoke. She sat up and looked at Drew who was snoring with his mouth wide open. His limbs sprawled out in all directions. May laughed to herself and kicked him in the side. He awoke and lifted himself into a sitting position.

"What was that for?" he said acting like he didn't know.

It wasn't a hard kick, but it was forceful enough for him to think he was under attack.

May looked at him with a face of disgust and said, "You got something," and she pointed near her own mouth.

Drew wiped the drool away and gave her a big, dumb smile.

"That's so attractive," she said sarcastically as she got up to get her bag.

She picked it up, buckled it to her waist and continued down the beach.

"What?" Drew asked, almost laughing to himself, "C'mon, what? It's completely natural!"

May laughed to herself as she continued, ignoring him. A dark shadow suddenly surrounded her. She looked up to see that it was a giant sand castle.

"I know you can hear me! Unless you're deaf today!" Drew called as he approached from behind her.

"It's a giant sand castle," May informed him.

He looked at it. It was very tall, probably three times his size. It was made
completely out of sand. It really looked like a castle. One tall tower stood five times his size behind the sand masterpiece.

"Cool...I guess," he said, "We can't get side tracked. C'mon, we gotta get moving."

"Ok," May agreed and started to continue with him.

"Help! Someone! Anyone! I need help!" a child's voice cried from inside the sand castle.

"Huh? Drew, did you hear that?" May asked him as she stopped near the entrance to the sand castle.

"No, what are you hearing things?" Drew asked as he approached her, confused.

"Help! I need help!" the voice came again.

"That! And no, I'mnot hearing things," May cried, annoyed.

"Oh, I hear it now," Drew admitted.

He looked to May, who was looking worriedly at the entrance.

"I guess we need to help them," Drew told her.

She became happy and walked through the entrance. Drew followed her inside. It wasn't as dark as he had thought it would be. Light shone in, even though there weren't any breaks in the walls. The inside was a giant maze.

"Help!"the voice pleaded again.

"C'mon we gotta get through this!" May said and started running through the maze.

"Hey wait!" Drew said and stopped following her,"If this is just sand, we can just go through the walls, right?"

May turned around to see him try to punch the wall in.

"Don't do that! You'll have the ceiling cave in, smart one!" May yelled.

"Don't need to worry about that! These walls are hard as bricks!" Drew complained as he shook the pain out of his hand.

"C'mon, this way," May called and lead the way.

Drew followed her threw the corridors and twisting paths.

They came to a fork in the road.

"Help! Help me!" the voice cried again.

It seemed close.

"Hm, this way!" May cried and started running in the left side of the fork.

"Wait, May! It's this way! I heard it! It's stronger this way!" Drew called to her.

"No! It's this way! Let's go!" May ordered.

Drew got angry.

"I'm telling you it's this way!" Drew yelled.

"Ya know what? You go the that way and I'll go the this way!" May yelled back with an attitude.

"Fine! And when I find the kid, and you're lost, I'm not coming to find you!" Drew yelled.

"Fine! Same goes for me!" May yelled as she turned back around and ran of in the left direction

"Fine!" Drew said and ran off in the right direction.

May walked throught the corridors, her arms folded across her chest. She played the little fight over in her head.
"He should of listened to me! Now he's going to be lost in this dumb castle forever," May said to herself, "He's so annoying! Somedays he's cool and some days he's just...really annoying!"

"Help!" a voice cried out.

May could have swore that it was Drew's voice. She ran quickly in the direction the voice had come from. She came upon a staircase and ran up it.

Drew walked through the twisting hallways.
"She's so stubborn! This isn't the first time she's done something like this!" Drew said to himself as he walked through the maze.

"Help!" a voice cried out from far ahead.

"May?" Drew mummered to himself.

He came to a staircase and ran up them.

The staircase led to a small room. Drew reunited with May and they looked at each other in ashamed embarrassment.

"I thought you didn't want my help!" they said in unison, folding their arms and turning away from each other.

"Eel lee lee?" a Pokemon questioned from the back of the room.

It presented itself to them as it came into the light. It had a round, oval shaped head with fringes that stuck out behind its head. It's body was long and snake - like. At the end of its tail was what looked like another head. The second head had the same fringes the original head did. It's body was an orange color. It had numerous black blotches on its back.

May, forgetting about her disagreement with Drew, flipped open the Pokedex, "Illiumead(eel - lee - yuu - MEED), the Illusionist Pokemon. This Psychic/Ground Pokemon uses it's fake second head as a defense mechanism. Most people and Pokemon will run away in fright. If not, this Pokemon
will surround the opponent in a life like illusion."

"Ee lee?" it questioned again in a deep, nasaly voice.

Soon the walls of the castle disappeared into thin air.

"Ok, now I'm confused," Drew admitted scratching his head.

"Hahahahaaaa!" came a voice from behind some bushes, "That was the best prank yet!"

The man presented himself as he came out of the bushes laughing. He was a chubby man. He wore dark green overalls over a camoflauge shirt. He had on a brown hat and black hiking boots. His face was round and chubby, just like the rest of his body. A brown beard covered most of his face. He was laughing so hard that he started to tear.

"Hey! What are you laughing at? Where's that poor, lost kid?" May yelled at him.

He rolled around in laughter as he said, "There was no kid! Illiumead made up the voice and the sand castle in your minds! Even your own voices were made up by Illiumead! Hahahaaa!"

"Well, that's the last time I try to do the right thing," Drew mumbled.

The man got up and said,"I'm sorry for troubling you. We just like to prank passersby sometimes."

"That's really mean," May told him, saddened.

He looked at her in a sorry face and then lightened up, "Tell you what. Here, take this map of Contesta as our sincerest apology."

May took the map from him and said,"Well, ok. It's ok. Thanks for the map."

"No problem," the man said, "C'mon, Illiumead, let's go home."

May and Drew watched him disappear with the snake Pokemon beyond the bushes. They then continued down the beach.

"It was nice of that guy to give us this," May said looking at the map as she and Drew continued down the beach.

The afternoon was ending now, falling into night.

"What? He just sent us on a wild Golduck chase! And for nothing!" Drew yelled.

"Yeah, but look what we got out of it!" May said to him.

She held the rolled up map up. She opened it and gasped.

"What?" Drew asked and went to see what she was lookig at.

"I think Lily was the one who sent us on a wild Golduck chase!" May said as she eyed the distance on the map from the Armarillo Desert to Norbrown City - they were completely opposite each other.

"Yeah, but, look what we got out of it!" Drew said in an annoying, taunting voice.

He then snatched the map away from May and ran off.

"Hey! You give that back! You're so annoying!" May yelled angrily and started running after him, "C'mon! I know you can hear me!"

They ran down the beach, May flailing in anger, Drew enjoying every minute of it. The sun wasn't about to wait for their fun to end on its own though. It dared to retreat back under the ocean surface covers for another night of sleep. The waves, though, would be up all night doing what they do best - climbing and retreating against the sand.

Yep, I decided it was time for some humor - lol. ^^ Well, now to answer poeple individually!

MistyMix89 & Juny - I'm so glad you guys like the new Pokemon. ^^
MayShuuFan - Yeah,Brock would have done his usual gagaing if he had been there - lol
To everyone else - thanx, so glad you like it. Please let me know if you want to be PMed - so far I PM MayShuuFan, Sweet May, MistyMix89, Monstrous Magikarp, Juny, and Riyu. Also tell me if you want off.
Rene - Oh, excuse me, I'll get right on that.

Next time, on Episode 4 - Sawbura in Need! Hunt of Poaching Pokemon!
May and Drew have finally gotten to the Amarillo Desert. Things don't stay too quiet when a Liequartz goes after them in blind fury. Can they figure out what's going on before they're buried under sand?
See you there! ^^

R

Rene Bellosh

*gasp* My old friend UST has managed to make a return! :eek: And is it just me or do I smell more description as well? ;) Anyways I thought this chapter is the best in terms of quality so far, and if this contuinues, you'll make Rene happy. :D

S

Sapphire

Yay a update! XDD This chapter was really great. I like the sprites for the new Pokemon on that site you made. ^^

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
Whoa! You can update fast! Anyway, I'l lread it offline, as in right now! ^^;;;;

great job on the contesta site though! XP

EDIT: btw, encyclopika, i thought you were a boy...... ^^;;; not until i saw your profile now... o_O;;;;

Last edited:

Juny

Savvy?
Another great chapter ^^ I still love it, your good at making things up! =D it's like the pok'emon you made up are... real.. pok'emon XD; that sounder weird lol. anyway keep up!

MayShuufan

Mrs Brendan Birch ^^
I loved that chapter it was brilliant I especially loved the bit when May and Drew set up camp on the beach and the ending bit when Drew stole the map from May at the end it was so funny. Anyway update as soon as you can.
Oh and this ficcie's been added on my website.

Last edited: