• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Contest Tie (Contestshipping)

M

Miss Torchic

took my time and read all 7 episodes of ur fic.... itz awesome. can u put me on da pm list^ ^

W

WindyNight

I forgot to mention it before, but.....Can you put me on the PM list, Encyclopika?

Encyclopika

The Queen
Hello everyone. I know, I have been gone for quite some time, but you forgive me right? Had a major case of WB - Writer's Block. You'd think after four months of planning, I wouldn't have this problem, but oh well. Ama's Stuff the sprite site, is open for veiwing, even though this episode, there wasn't anyone new, unless you didn't go last time to see Dorjester, I suggest you go see him! I didn't describe him in this one, thinking you'd either remember, or go to the sprite site. Ok, enough of me! Epi 8 is about to air!
Episode 8 – Norbrown Contest! Vs Dorjester!
Rated: PG

Norbrown’s contest was about to begin. The day was being good so far – the air was cool and the sun was shining down on the contest hall. Inside Norbrown’s contest hall, coordinators prepare for the upcoming contest. Only one will succeed. Only one will walk away with the ribbon, the others will walk away in defeat. This anticipation in nerve racking.
…………………………………

May and Drew entered the red contest hall. It wasn’t nearly full yet, for they had come quite early. Some of the competition was there, but they were all getting ready for the contest, so paid no attention to the new movement in the room.

“Kinda early,” Drew muttered to May, who had rushed him over for a reason he didn’t bother asking for.

“Yeah, I know,” May said, unaware of her reason as well.

She guessed sometimes she liked to have control over things, and controlling a drowsy Drew was one of the easiest things to control.

“Want to go watch the other competitions?” Drew asked her, his arms folded behind his head.

“Other competitions?” May asked.

“Yeah, here, follow me,” Drew dropped his arms and led May to the theatre auditorium.

Inside, a contest was going on. They stood at the top near the nosebleed seats watching two dots crash into each other as two other dots ordered them to. Their voices boomed throughout the stage.

“Huh?” May asked, still confused.

Drew answered, “See, in the Contesta region, each contest hall has three different stages. One is for beginners, that’s this one. They’re usually held early in the morning. The next one is for regular contests. That one is for us, coordinators that come from different regions or ones that are higher level. The last one is for specialized contests. Remember what Grace said about the Absol yesterday in the PokeBlock Tournament and how it enters specialized Beauty contests? That’s what the last stage is for. There are five different ones – Cool, Beauty, Cute, Smart, and Tough.”

“I thought you said you’ve never been here before,” May said putting her hands at her waist.

“I haven’t, I read it in this little book about the contests I found,” Drew told her, “Maybe if someone did a little research every once in a while, that someone would know as much as I do.”

“Ok,” May said, getting annoyed, “I know I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed, but quite frankly, neither are you.”

“Ow, my self esteem.” Drew said, holding his chest and bending over to show the fake pain he had to endure.

May just smiled, shook her head, and went to push him over. They watched the rest of the beginner contest and a boy with a Wingull won. Afterward, they headed back to the backroom for the regular competition. More people had arrived.

May held Bulbasaur’s Pokeball close to her as she stood near the far wall, eyeing the competition. She remembered some of the faces from the PokeBlock tournament yesterday. She felt as though she was the only one nervous. She looked behind her to see Drew pampering and talking to Sawbura, who had been his choice for the contest. Sawbura seemed eager, rather than nervous as she was. It was almost like Contesta Pokemon were used to the spotlight, almost a sixth sense if you will.

“What?” Drew asked her as he had felt her preying eyes upon his shoulder.

“Nothing,” she said in a soft squeak.

“Do you still get nervous before a contest?” Drew asked her, more curious than his usual annoying self, “How many contests have you been in?”

“Oh, would you stop?” May asked annoyed, not noticing his change in tone.

“Who are you using?” Drew asked her, looking at the Pokeball clutched firmly in her gloved hands.

“Um, Bulbasaur,” May told him, seeing no harm in it as she had seen his choice.

Drew smirked at her and it took her time to realize that he had never witnessed Bulbasaur win a contest for her. She had to back her Pokemon up.

“Listen, just because you never saw Bulbasaur do great doesn’t mean it hasn’t,” May said, annoyed still, “I’ll have you know after the slip up in the Rubellow contest, Bulbasaur went and helped me out against Harley, of all people, in the Izabe contest and then again in the Verkt City contest in Wardy…both of which we didn’t attend at the same time.”

“O-kay,” Drew said, pretending to get defensive.

Nothing about May could ever intimidate anyone. He went back to Sawbura, and May watched him for a little while. She had almost expected that he would use Sawbura. He had less choice than she did when choosing Pokemon for a contest. During Hoenn, Masquerain and Roselia were his right hand men; they always had the spotlight. When Wardy came around, Flygon and Flareitten got most of the spotlight.

“Hey there!” Grace said from ahead of May.

Dorjester stood next to her. It was swaying back and forth. It was almost like it was sleep walking.

“I figured you'd use Sawbura, Drew,” Grace said with a smirk and he smirked back.

“And I see you are using your Contesta Pokemon as well,” Drew said to her.

“May, what Pokemon are you going to use?” Grace asked her.

May said a little shakily, “Bulbasaur.”

“Wow! That’s great May. I’m sure Bulbasaur will do great. I heard you won a contest with it back in Hoenn,” Grace said to her.

May smiled, she was getting back into the swing of pre contest time. She was glad Grace was there, she was a real pal.

As the coordinators waited anxiously in the back room of the contest, the announcer lady made her way up to the main stage where the audience looked down to her and the stage from seats that went up the wall steeply. The woman was wearing a pink dress and long white gloves. Her face was heavily made up – red lipstick, blue eye shadow, and cover up covered her face. Her hair was fluffy brown and waved down over her shoulders. She stood in a single spotlight on the wooden stage floor. Behind her was a giant screen showing a picture of Norbrown’s ribbon – it was brown with orange outlines with a gold circle in the middle that clasped it together in a pretty bow. Behind her were three people sitting at judging tables. The woman spoke into the microphone.

“Welcome all to Norbrown’s twentieth contest this year!” she said and the crowd clapped and became excited, “I would like to take this time to introduce myself as Norbrown’s one and only Pepper! And these are our three judges!”

She pointed a white, gloved hand over to the three people sitting behind her. She introduced a chubby old man with a white mustache and gray hair to the crowd as Frank. He wore a green suit over a white shirt. He smiled at her introduction and to the crowd. The next man was a short, oriental business man that she introduced as Shotaro. He wore a gray business suit over a white shirt and red tie. His hair was short, black, and slicked back. People cheered for him. He was a gaming company’s president, which originated right in Norbrown. The one sitting next to him was Norbrown’s own Nurse Joy.

“With our introductions all wrapped up, I’d like you direct your eyes to this door to my far right for coordinator number one. Nanae!” Pepper announced to the crowd the first coordinator.

In the back room, Grace, May, and Drew huddled next to the TV with other coordinators to watch Nanae’s performance. She ended up getting a 21.8/30. No one was intimidated.

Pepper called coordinator after coordinator. Soon, she called for coordinator number 19, which was Grace. Grace looked back to May.

“Go show them what appealing is all about, Grace,” May told her like a good friend.

Grace smiled and then turned to Drew.

He looked up and said, “Good luck…you’ll need it.”

Grace smiled, shook her head and faced towards the doors.

As she walked, she called out, “When I get back, Drew, that’s it for you.”

Drew laughed at her. They both knew that they believed in each other. It was Drew’s way of showing respect - to be playfully sarcastic.

Grace stepped into the main stage’s bright light. The audience cheered as she stood there. The screen on the far wall presented a picture of her and Dorjester, the Pokemon she had chosen to use.

“Come out, Dorjester (door-JES-ter)!” Grace called and threw the Pokeball to the ground.

The humanly Pokemon came out of the Pokeball.

“Dor?” it said in its sleep.

It’s voice a little scratchy, yet sleepy as it became semi conscious.

“Ok, Dorjester, use Fire Punch!” Grace ordered.

Dorjester did as it was told, and miraculously moved to perform a punch in mid air, hitting nothing, but projecting flames. Sparks of embers and flame dashed everywhere.

“Now use Confusion on those embers and flames!” Grace said, getting caught up the excitement of the combo herself.

Dorjester lifted its skinny arms and its big red hands became outlined in a blue aura. The embers and flames danced around the stage in a mixed pattern. Then, Grace ordered Dorjester to have the fire come together. Dorjester did as it was told, and the flames and embers came from all different directions and slammed into each other, burning themselves out. As the leftover embers fell, Grace bowed. The first, plump judge gave her an 8.5, in his head remembering he had seen the move before, but didn’t think Grace would copy it; it must’ve been a coincidence. Then the business man gave it a 9.0, saying it was very creative. Nurse Joy gave it a 9.7, saying she loved the way the flames looked. It was beautiful. Grace ended up with a 27.2. When she came back into the back room, Grace said it was an okay score, but May was proud of her.

Next, a little while later, Drew went up with Sawbura.

“Let’s go, Sawbura!” Drew called as he released Sawbura from its Pokeball.

Sawbura came out and eyed the crowd, becoming more eager to perform.

“Start out with Sandstorm!” Drew called out to the furry, brown rodent, and it did like it was told.

Sawbura lifted its long nose in the air, straight up, and created a large sand tornado. The sandstorm swirled above it until it let it go by itself.

“Mix in Swift!” Drew told it.

Sawbura opened its mouth and released yellow stars into the tornado. The stars were torn apart and dissolved into the grains of sand. Now the tornado was a swirling cloud of pixie dust, or so it looked like it.

“End it with Rock Smash!” Drew called.

Sawbura lifted its spiky nose again in the air and slammed it on the ground, obliterating the tornado into separate sand grains that fell to the ground in unison. The crowd went wild and Drew bowed to them. He was very proud of Sawbura and it was evident that it enjoyed the cheers it received from the crowd. The first judge gave him a 9.1 saying it was one of the most dazzling ground combos he ever saw. The next man gave Drew a 9.2, also complementing the astounding look of the sand. Nurse Joy gave him a 9.8, saying it was one of the best overall appeals so far in the competition. That gave him a total score of 28.1. Drew walked back into the back room. Sawbura was following him, scurrying on its short legs to try and keep up with him. When he returned, he shot a glance at Grace who was trying to be the bad rival. When he passed her, she slapped him in the back of the head and May bursted into laughter. Drew snickered, for it was only a friendly, yet rivalry slap.

May went directly after Drew with Bulbasaur. Pepper introduced her, and May released Bulbasaur from the red and white ball.

“Ok, Bulbasaur, jump up and use Razor Leaf!” May shouted.

Bulbasaur jumped up and released hundreds of razor sharp leaves. They swirled around in an invisible tornado’s wind. When Bulbasaur landed, May asked it to do the same but with Petal Dance. Again, Bulbasaur performed the maneuver, but with hundreds of pink flower petals. Now the tornado was full of swirling green and pink.

“Now, go right in the middle of it all and use Sunny Day!” May called.

Bulbasaur did as it was told, and walked right into the eye of the swirling vegetation. Bulbasaur released a fake sun above its head that easily lifted as it became older. The crowd cheered and Bulbasaur and May closed their eyes and bowed to them. The first judge gave her 8.6, for the combo of Petal Dance and Razor Leaf was a common combo. The next judge gave her a 9.2, saying it was beautiful. Nurse Joy also gave her a 9.2. May’s final score was an even 27.0. May walked back to the back room, telling Bulbasaur how proud she was of it. Bulbasaur was delighted. When May got into the back room, Grace gave her complements. May enjoyed them.

“And now it’s time to announce our finalists!” Pepper said.

The coordinators started to come from everywhere to view the screen that plastered Pepper’s bubbly face on it. They were all hopeful they made it to the next round. May was uneasy in her seat in between Drew and Grace. She didn’t really want to face either one of them. She knew that beating one wouldn’t hurt the friendship, but she couldn’t help thinking it was wrong.

“And your problem is…?” Drew started.

“Well…” May started, but she really didn’t want to share it.

She figured he would think it stupid, like he always had.

“You’re worried that we’ll get paired up against each other? Or you’ll be against Grace?” Drew asked, already knowing he was right.

“And, how is it you can read minds?” May asked, a little jealous of his ability.

“May, we’ve always been rivals, we are now, and we’ll always be rivals, no matter what happens outside the contest hall,” Drew told her, “And if we do, for some reason, get paired up to battle, I will take you down.”

May smiled, even though his statements were a little hard, he was, as usual, right.

“No need to worry,” Grace said, overhearing the conversation and giving May a friendly hug, “We’ll always be friends!”

“I hate you, Grace, and I’m going to rip you apart,” Drew told her coldly, yet they all knew he was playing around.

“That’s the spirit!” Grace said, getting hyper and laughing loudly afterward.

May and Drew laughed with her, though not as loud.

“And our finalists are the following,” Peppers voice could be heard by the loud TV.

Grace, May, and Drew jumped up to the screen and stared at it blankly, anxiously like all of the other coordinators huddled around the tiny TV attached to the wall. Four pictures came up to show Grace had made it, May had made, Drew had made it, and some other guy made it. Grace and May danced with each other, excited about their half victory. Drew stood behind them, watching and laughing to himself about their embarrassing positions.

“And the first stage battle will be against Harry and Drew!” Pepper’s voice could be heard from the TV.

“Well, it looks like I’m off to win a battle,” Drew told them, trying to annoy May and Grace.

Grace and May stopped dancing and looked towards him.

“Now remember, Drew, don’t get too conceited or you won’t be able to attend that ‘winning’ battle” May told him, referring to the joke she cracked on him two days ago before the Berry Tournament.

Drew glared at her and left for the battle.

“Make sure you win so I can kick your butt!” Grace shouted playfully to him.

Her booming laughter echoed down the hall as he made it to the stage.

Harry, his opponent, had made it to the stage quicker than him. The man was much older than Drew, in his middle twenties. He had long, blonde hair that reached to his shoulders in a bowl like shape. His eyes were big and blue. His face was skinny and so was the rest of his body. He wore tight blue jeans and a light pink t-shirt with flip-flops. Harry gave him a sexual look, and Drew shook his head in a “no, you can’t have any” expression. Harry looked disappointed.

“And let the battle begin with five minutes on the clock!” Pepper said and the clock started down.

“Go, Sawbura!” Drew called and Sawbura came to the stage with a happy cry.

“Come on out my precious Clefable!” Harry called.

A big, pink, fairy Pokemon came out of the Pokeball with hundred of little sparkles, kind of like the way Beautifly presented itself.

“Go, Clefable, use Facade,” Harry called out.

Clefable came fast at Sawbura, but Sawbura kept its ground.

“Use Sandstorm!” Drew told Sawbura.

Sawbura lifted it nose like it did in its appeal, and released the sand tornado. Clefable bounced off the edge and its attack was canceled. Clefable was further battered by the sandstorm, although Sawbura seemed to enjoy it.

“Clefable, use Metronome!” Harry ordered, getting a little annoyed that his best attack hadn’t worked.

Clefable started waving its fingers back and forth. Drew knew that Metronome was like Skitty’s Assist, except any attack could be played.

Drew thought fast and called out, “Swift!”

Sawbura shot yellow stars from its mouth to Clefable. Clefable kept its ground and was eventually knocked over by the Swift. Further did Harry’s score bar drop as Drew’s was left without a scratch. The Swift was successful, but it was too late. Clefable was done with Metronome and had a Water Gun come out.

“Alright! This has to be my lucky day!” Harry said, seeing it as he had gotten some sort of revenge on Drew.

Sawbura was hit with the water attack. It was hurt badly and Drew’s score dropped down close to Harry’s.

“Use Moonlight, my Clefable,” Harry said.

Clefable presented a fake moon over its head and restored not only its strength, but also some of their points, bringing them over Drew’s score.
“Now finish it with Façade!” Harry announced, thinking he had the battle won.

“Come on, Sawbura, you can finish this,” Drew told it.

Sawbura got up, brushing off the Water Gun.

“That’s it, now use Rock Smash!” Drew said.

Sawbura ran at the charging Clefable. With ten seconds on the clock, they smashed into each other. Sawbura, knowing how to deal with charging Liequartz, rolled itself into a mediocre Defense Curl, and used its entire body to perform Rock Smash. Sawbura took little damage while Clefable’s Normal type took a devastating Fighting type attack. They were thrown back. Before landing, Sawbura uncurled itself and landed on its feet. Clefable landed on its back in front of Harry.

“Time’s up! And our winner is…” Pepper stalled for anticipation, “Drew!”

The crowd cheered and Harry’s Clefable was left crying. He returned it and walked away off stage, ignoring his two defeats.

Drew made his way back to the back room.

“Ha! It almost looked like you were gonna loose!” Grace said, hyper again.

“Yeah, but I didn’t, and that’s the point,” Drew told her a matter of factly.

“That was really intense,” May said, “Good job out there…Sawbura.”

Drew almost fell over, “Hey, thanks for the complement. I really appreciate it!”

He knew May was just busting his chops. May and Sawbura ignored him playfully.

The TV spoke again with Pepper’s voice, “And now, for the second semi final battle, it’s May and Grace!”

“Well, it looks like it’s me and you, May,” Grace said as she turned to her, “Good luck out there.”

“You too,” May said and they shook hands like honorable rivals.

Of coarse Drew didn’t believe in honorable rivals.

He said, “I’d wish you guys luck, but neither of you need it for neither of you are up against any skill.”

Grace and May glared at him, even though they knew somewhere in him he meant well.

“Can I punch him, please?” Grace asked May permission.

“Just ignore him, that’s what I do,” May told her, “All the time.”

Grace and May faced each other on the bright stage, Pepper standing back, yet between them next to the big screen.

“And…start the battle with five minutes on the clock. Begin!” Pepper said in almost one breath.

“Come out Bulbasaur!” May called out and Bulbasaur came out cheerfully.

Since Rubellow, Bulbasaur had gotten used to a crowd and the pressure of them. It now enjoyed the spotlight.

“Let’s go, Dorjester!” Grace announced.

Her sleep walking Pokemon came out without a word, a sigh, nothing. It stood there as if it were the walking dead or asleep. May knew, though, that it was very much alive and conscious and took it into consideration. The clock had started down.

“Let’s go Bulbasaur, start off with a Razor Leaf!” May shouted happily.

Bulbasaur released the razor sharp leaves. The green leaves headed towards Dorjester. It didn’t seem to notice the danger.

“Dorjester, use Confusion on yourself!” Grace said.

Dorjester became enshrouded by a blue aura and lifted itself above the oncoming traffic of leaves. They landed on the ground unused. Dorjester then landed peacefully on the ground. May was shocked and angry. She knew this was why Grace loved to use Psychic Pokemon. They could control the direction of attacks or get out of the way as quickly as they possibly could.

“Now, use combo Teleport and Fire Punch!” Grace said.

Dorjester disappeared and came up behind Bulbasaur and delivered a heavy blow of fire. Bulbasaur was knocked into the ground and burned. Dorjester teleported back to Grace’s side. May’s point bar started to dwindle as Grace’s point bar stayed healthy.

“Oh no, with a fire move, Dorjester has the upper hand against me,” May thought to herself.

(...)

In the back room, Drew had also noticed May’s unfortunate position. She was up against a Pokemon that had two reasons to win. One, it had a fire move that could easily score major damage on Bulbasaur’s Grass type. Not only that, but number two was that Dorjester’s Psychic type attacks were great for Bulbasaur’s Poison type.

“She’s in such a tight spot,” Drew muttered to the TV, “She could use Sunny Day and make a quick Solar Beam that would put some counter points on Dorjester. But then the Sunny Day move would only power up Dorjester’s Fire Punch.”

(...)

May thought about her options and told Bulbasaur, “Use Sunny Day!”

Bulbasaur trusted May, and created the fake sun.

“Dorjester, use combo Teleport and Fire Punch!” Grace said, taking the chance of Solar Beam.

Dorjester disappeared and reappeared in front of Bulbasaur.

“Solar Beam, now!” May shouted.

A white beam bursted out of Bulbasaur’s bulb and hit Dorjester hard, bringing it back to Grace and taking a chunk off of their point bar. Grace wasn’t surprised, but she had figured she could outrun them. It was time for a new approach.

“Use Confusion on Bulbasaur!” Grace cried.

Dorjester lifted Bulbasaur into the air and crashing it down on the ground, taking some of May’s bar. When Dorjester went to lift Bulbasaur again, May ordered a Solar Beam.

Bulbasaur aimed and fired.

“Drop Bulbasaur and use Confusion on yourself,” Grace said.

Quickly, Dorjester dropped Confusion’s grasp on the grass Pokemon and flew into the air, just missing the Solar Beam.

“Use Fire Punch!” Grace shouted.

Dorjester flew fast and gave Bulbasaur a hard hit. The heat of the new Fire Punch irritated Bulbasaur’s burns from the last Fire Punch. Between the force of the punch, the blazing heat, and the attack itself, Bulbasaur fainted. The clock ran out and Pepper announced Grace the winner. May sulked a little, but decided that someone had to win. She was glad she lost to a friend. She and Grace walked back into the backroom together to confront Drew.

“Quite the sticky spot you were in,” Drew told May.

It was his way of saying “it couldn’t be helped”.

“Yeah, but if I was up there, May, I probably would have done the same thing,” Grace told her, “Don’t worry about it. There will be other contests, ya know.”

“Yeah I know,” May told her.

She wasn’t the least bit unsatisfied anymore.

“Well, good luck, Drew,” May said to him, “You’re gonna need it.”

“Whatever,” Drew said.

“Will our two finalists, Grace and Drew, come to the stage?” Pepper’s voice said over the loudspeakers and the TV.

“Well, it looks like I’m off to kick your butt,” Grace told Drew, “again.”

“Yeah, again,” Drew said in a disbelieving laugh, “We’ll see about that.”

Drew and Grace made their ways opposite each other to the stage. The stage was bright and the audience was silent for once in the darkness of the auditorium. Pepper stepped up.

“Ok, this is our final round before our winner is decided,” Pepper said, getting the crowd anxious for the battle to commence, “Let’s start this battle with five minutes on the clock. Begin!”

“Let’s go, Dorjester!” Grace said first as her Pokeball made contact with the ground and let out Dorjester.

It was very conscious now, ready to fight.

“Sawbura, come out,” Drew said as his Pokeball reached the ground and let out his furry contender.

Sawbura was well and rested for another round of battle. It looked firmly at Dorjester, who didn’t seem to care for it.

“Start out with Confusion!” Grace said.

Dorjester raised its big, red hands and they became outlined with the familiar blue aura. Then Sawbura became enshrouded with aura and lifted into the air. Then Dorjester went to slam it into the ground. Sawbura, listened to its instincts, and rolled up into a ball, deflecting most of the move. It and Drew didn’t loose the amount of point bar they were supposed to, keeping them well into the game. Sawbura stayed in its ball, taking Dorjester’s Confusion.

“Use Sandstorm!” Drew called out.

Sawbura unraveled itself and let out a Sandstorm in mid air. It increased the sand tornado’s strength by spinning itself. At the same time, Dorjester loosened and lost its grip on Sawbura. Dorjester was pushed back by the sand. Sawbura stood in the storm, smiling to itself on the fact that it loved the current weather while Dorjester was having trouble with it.

“Dorjester, use Teleport and Ice Punch,” Grace shouted.

“Ice Punch?” Drew said to himself, caught off guard.

Dorjester teleported behind Sawbura and went to give it a hard hit of Ice Punch. But, because of Sawbura’s ability, Sand Veil, it dodged the Ice Punch.

“Keep Ice Punching!” Grace ordered.

Dorjester tried, but as long as the sandstorm raged, Sawbura’s quick, little maneuvers were too much for it to follow. Drew noticed this and so did Grace.

“Oh, I get it,” Grace muttered to herself, ”Dorjester, use Confusion and break the Sandstorm!”

It took a lot of energy, but Dorjester stopped the Sandstorm.

“Use Ice Punch!” Grace shouted.

“Counter with Swift!” Drew shouted.

Sawbura and Dorjester went at it. Dorjester got there first, and delivered Sawbura a hard Ice Punch. Sawbura was thrown back and landed on its underside and face. Drew’s bar dropped quite a lot. Sawbura got back up on its short legs and gave Dorjester a Swift. The yellow stars approached the green Pokemon fast.

“Use Confusion and send those stars right back,” Grace suggested and Dorjester did as it was asked.

The stars stopped in mid air, turned blue, and went straight for Sawbura.

“Start up another Sandstorm!” Drew said frightened.

The sand tornado started up again and deflected the Swift completely.

“Not this again,” Grace said.

As she announced to once again break the storm with Confusion, Drew thought to himself. He realized he was running out of options. He then was struck with a memory from yesterday. Sawbura has one more attack, a devastating one that could turn everything around. When Drew came back, Grace was about to order a Teleport and Ice Beam combo. He let her without a word.

“Stay where you are,” he said to Sawbura and it kept its place.

When Dorjester appeared, Drew shouted, “Use Crunch!”

Sawbura created two large jaws above its own and slammed them down on Dorjester before it could have its Ice Punch reach Sawbura. Dorjester dropped to the ground.

“Dorjester!” Grace shouted in worry, forgetting all along Sawbura knew the best Dark type attack around.

“Dor…dor,” Dorjester breathed in agony.

Grace kept quiet and let the timer run out. Dorjester was too tired, too worn out to continue, not that they could, anyway. Grace was left with a sliver of point bar, Drew not too far behind. In the end, Pepper announced Drew the winner of one of the closest battles in Norbrown’s contest. A few minutes later, May and Harry came to the stage to join the ribbon giving ceremony. Pepper awarded Drew with the Norbrown ribbon. It was brown with orange edges and a gold clasp held it together in a nice bow. Everyone clapped and May and Grace congratulated him.

“Well, it’s been nice seeing you guys again,” Grace said as she, May, and Drew stood at Norbrown’s Pokemon Center entrance, “Even you, Drew.”

“I know you really mean that,” Drew said, smirking.

They were friends; that was a fact now.

“I really hope we meet again,” May said, starting to get sad.

“Don’t worry, May,” Grace said with a smile, “You can bet we’ll see each other again at Orchida. That’s the Contesta region’s Grand Festival.”

“If you can make it there,” Drew added.

Grace glared at him. Her face became bright and she grabbed him by the head in an arm lock.

“And I hope you’ll get run over by a truck!” Grace yelled playfully as Drew tried his best to get out of her grip.
She let go and said, “See you guys around.”

She saluted them and turned around to her destination – Norbrown’s Southern exit. May and Drew watched her leave and become tinier and tinier in the distance until she faded into the crowd of people on the sidewalk.

“Well, where we heading next?” May asked, stretching and getting ready for more adventure.

“Do I look like the person with the map?” Drew asked, snottily.

“How rude are you?” May asked as she took out the map out of her bag.

She unraveled it and took a look.

“Mangrove City,” May announced.

“No, no, we should go around the peninsula,” Drew told her, pointing into the map, “We’ll get into more contests and hit more cities that way in quicker time. We’re going to Penningreen Town.”

“Whatever,” May said and put the map away.

The day was still bright and the sun was high in the sky looking down at Norbrown. May and Drew made it to the Western exit and officially left Norbrown City. May turned around to look at the gorgeous city as a final goodbye. It was very important to her. She had entered her first Contesta contest, entered her first PokeBlock Tournament, and met up with a lost friend there. The cool winds that seemed to have origins in the town itself pushed her towards Drew. They reassured that what ever adventures lay ahead, she’d be there too.

Yay! Finally I finish Epi 8! Hope you all like it...and please don't be stubborn - go to the sprite site! XD Now for repies! ^^

ShuuHaru Hiwatari, Fei, WindyNight - You've all been added to the PM list.
Sequoia - Maybe you missed the first part...I had to post twice to get it all here. When I tried to post the first time, they said I went over the limit. *_* Also, I'll explain why Peter acted like that in T-minus one episode.
Sapphire - No my fingers don't hurt, but I'm glad you're concerned. ^^ I actually enjoy typing...a lot. I also love explaining things in detail when I know no one has ever witnessed one before.
misty_aquamaster - Eggnog is like milky drink. My family drinks it on Christmas - sh*t's good! ^^
People who liked my description on the berry making - When it came to making PokeBlocks in Sapphire, I loved to experiment, so I decided to incorprate that intrest in that epi. ^^
To everyone else - Thanks so much for reading...especially all you new people who had to read all 7 eps. ^^ Also, if you come here and you didn't get a PM from me and you know you're on the PM list, I'm terribly sorry, but my mom likes to rule my life. >_<; so I didn't get a chance to PM.

Next time on Episode 9 - Mountain Rescue! Parent Lost!
May and Drew are passing through Weekend Mountains when they come across a lost Eaglie (new Pokemon). When they bring it to a ranger's house they passed a while back, the ranger tells them that poachers run rampant this time of year for Eagriphin feathers and fur. Could Eaglie's parents be with a bunch of poachers? May and Drew will have to teach Eaglie to be strong and independent as they look for its parents. See you there! ^^

W

WindyNight

Yay! Chapter 8 is finally out! I've expected Drew to be the winner and I am right! lol
I like the joking around between Grace and Drew...It's really humorous and entertaining..
Good work, Encyclopika!
You are really good at writing these...
Can't wait to read the next episode...^_^

its kool that Drew won the contest^ ^
although y didn't u pm me 4 the epi....... oh wellz...... no biggie
nice episode
can't wait 4 da next 1

MayShuufan

Mrs Brendan Birch ^^
That was so cool Encyclopika...shame May lost against Grace but as the saying goes "What goes around comes around" I guess that Kinda counts with Drew and Grace as well. Anyway that was totally cool update soon.

M

Miss Torchic

nice episode encyclopika
sad that May lost but good that Drew won^ ^
well i'll wait for episode 9

WaterTrainer243

Veteran Water Lover
Well, even though May did lose, she still can't give up. Still, it would be nice if Drew lost one to a person who's even snottier than he is. Then May will probably be the one showing this person a thing or two about winning contests.

xsweet_peax

+kiss of an angel+
great chapter. I enjoyed it. It was pretty long. I hope you update the next chapter soon though. I cant wait. I also hope we get to hear more from Drew's last. I really like his past. Its really interesting.

Xiang

cool fic! Yep, that's me, reading things without commenting, always late for the party (not literally). We had Family Life and AIDS lesson tings in school in time for this. @_@. I really hope you update.

Aww, poor May, she lost...oh well.

Sequoia

XDD an excellent chapter...May could've tried a different appeal though, instead of the 'ordinary' attacks she used...but still, pretty much no typos and grammatical errors, and the length is once again comparible to Breezy's...no offence to either of you XDD looking forward to the next chap!

Valkyrie X

Hey...I started reading this a few days ago, and I must say that it's very well done. There are some typos throughout the story that need to be fixed, but they're not too bad. The length is pretty good, and I can find hardly any spelling errors. So, nice job; keep it up Encyclopika. I LOVE Contestshipping...It's my favorite shipping next to Hoennshipping and Questshipping.

;381;Lati_Lover;380;

S

Sapphire

Great chapter! Sad that May lost but Bulbasuar did great against Grace anyway. I can't wait for the next chapter XD

F

Fei

Awesome fic!! I love it!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!! I am sooo glad that Drew won!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!

~Mist~

revolutionary~
Excellent chapter! I adore the description you put in this chapter! It's one of my favorite things about fics! :D Poor May, she lost, but she'll get better. I'm glad that Drew won this time to Grace, at least they're buddies now. Their sarcasm was funny. Anyway, great job and be sure to PM me once your new chapter is up! ;)

~~*Mist*~~

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
Drew and Grace are so cute. Nice chapter... sorry, would do a proper review but I'm hella-tired. Anyhow, keep it up!

Kojho

Sorry I haven't been reviewing, I love your fic. The only thing is the lack of any hints of a crush by May. Maybe its just me.m Thanks for the PMs.

S

Soul Jumpluff

Good job! this is a very good fic. The discription is very good. Can you put me on the PM list?