• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Contests

So what's your general opinion on contests in the Pokemon games? Do you participate in them, or just ignore them? Do you make poffins or Pokeblocks? I occasionally participate in them. They're a fun thing to do when you're bored.

Opinions or thoughts on contests?

Sasukat

Back from the dead
i do it when bored but i normally dont

parade911

its actually fun. im guessing some wont like it because to win, u need completely different movesets, so u cant use the pokemon u always use in battles. i have a meowth and kirlia just for contests and i just won normal rank!

;154;

Sagachu

Smooth as a Brock
I always intended on doing contests, its just that I don't have patience to go and grow berries, and or visit people who hand out berries, but with Emerald I might go and do a lil' cloning and try it.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Contests are pretty fun! I like to do them when I am really bored, it is fun to try to get as many ribbons on a pokemon as possible!!

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Every once in a while I get distracted by them. They're just hyped up minigames though. There's barely a semblance of strategy.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I enjoy them in the games and in the anime.

I've collected all the ribbons ingame.

powerprotector

[Empty Space]
The only times I do the contests are to upgrade my trainer card and to get in to the ribbon syndicate, otherwise I dont ever participate in them.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I actively participate in them. Right now I'm working on giving my best Contest Pokemon " Perfect Poffin " to max out all of their stats. The recipe's been floating around for some time on the Net though I've never tried it. Just got the ingredients to try it.

My Lucario won the first three ranks of the Super Contest without changing their moveset or using Poffin. Now I need to use some to win the Master Rank.