• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Contests?

Dragon Master Fiona

Dragon Master
The contests bore me to death in the games (except for R/S/E, that was the only thing in the game I liked). Now, if the contests where like the show then there would be something to talk about.

Last edited:

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Contests are OK, pretty good in fact. I actually put in a lot of time and effort into them in RSE, and won a Master Rank in everything :)

But then, I think the DP ones got more boring and unnecessarily long. So I was glad when they were replaced by the Pokeathlon. Because that's epic :D

Well, I enjoy contests, but I wish they were more like in the anime. You know, an appeal round and then several battles based on how good your attacks look.

Agreed. Though I wouldn't want the battle round to be based solely on how good the attacks look. The Hoenn and Kanto Contests were much better than the DP ones, Anime-wise.

How did you get past the fourth wall?

Anyway, contests, PokéAthlon, it's all the same. Bland minigames that have no reason to exist. Gimme some more BF facilities instead.

That's just my opinion, though.

Nah, you should give the Pokeathlon a try. BF's not as good as in Emerald, really :/

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I enjoy Contest in the anime, AG's were good but DP's were better than Gym battles.

In the games they're OK, not that great.

Blitz Lucario

I find contests to be very useless. They are boring and take to much time to get all the different ribbons for each type. I would rather stick to battling and going through the gyms.

AZX612

On my own here we go
Personally, I love em, when I finished with the Elite Four, I'll train a Contest team and practice until Im able to win my way to the master ribbon.

.:Flaming Fury:.

Black White Yin Yang
Yeah, I really only like the contests in R/S/E. They were more fun to me.

cocoa_adele

I suppose in 3rd Generation games, there were more contest halls to peak your interest
In 4th generation it's all in one area, kind of takes away from the fun of traveling from place to place to compete in contests I think

FallenStar93

The contests bore me to death in the games (except for R/S/E, that was the only thing in the game I liked). Now, if the contests where like the show then there would be something to talk about.

Indeed. In the anime the contests are much more exciting than in the games.

kuriboh361

Bearer of Peace
I enjoy both DPP and RSE versions of the contests. Mostly because from the start, I took it like a duck to water. But I do agree that the show's version of a contest is much more better.

Dojorkan

Poochyena= PWN.
I'm also on board the "I only liked in in Generation 3" train.

I guess you could say Generation 4 contests didn't APPEAL to me.

Get it? Appeal? Because, like contests have appeals? Eh? Eh? No? Ok, sorry.

But Generation 4 contests also seemed to girly, and not as general as 3's. Generation 4 was just a step back in terms of contests and secret bases.