• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Contestshipping General Discussion 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
How did you get into this pairing?
BLUSH APPRECIATION POST. Seriously. There were so many hints being thrown in the show. Solidad confirmed that Drew grew feelings for her, uhm when May was accused for liking Drew she didn't calmly deny it or aggressively deny it. She said she didn't give it thought, then gave thought, and then blushed.

So yeah, also I love bickering couples. They're cute :3

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Ahh, welcome OfCorsola *le updates the first post*

We're getting closer to the release of ORAS and I don't know about you guys, I'm so excited for this. I'm hoping that maybe we'll get a May cameo to promote ORAS. That would be so cool if that happened, don't you agree?

The other day, I was re-watching the Wallace Cup arc and May at least five, six episodes in DP, not two. Anyways, Drew did make a cameo in DP as well, along with Harley and Solidad. They were watching the Wallace Cup on TV and I think they were in Johto somewhere. It was nice to see Drew, I have missed him so much and it was nice to see that he was not forgotten, but it would have been so much better if he came with May to Sinnoh and was supporting her in the Wallace Cup.

What do you guys think?

xEryChan

Demon Child
We're getting closer to the release of ORAS and I don't know about you guys, I'm so excited for this. I'm hoping that maybe we'll get a May cameo to promote ORAS. That would be so cool if that happened, don't you agree?

Very very excited. I can hardly wait for these games to come out. We only got less then two months to go, guys.

I seriously do hope for May cameo but it would be so much better if she and Drew came to Kalos to spread the word about Pokemon Contests there and ran into Ash and co. it would be so great if that happened.

The other day, I was re-watching the Wallace Cup arc and May at least five, six episodes in DP, not two. Anyways, Drew did make a cameo in DP as well, along with Harley and Solidad. They were watching the Wallace Cup on TV and I think they were in Johto somewhere. It was nice to see Drew, I have missed him so much and it was nice to see that he was not forgotten, but it would have been so much better if he came with May to Sinnoh and was supporting her in the Wallace Cup.

What do you guys think?

I forgot about that, to be honest. Yeah, he, Harley, and Solidad were all watching the Wallace Cup on TV. It was so nice to see the three of them but yeah, it would have been so much better if he came with May to Sinnoh to support her in the Wallace Cup. He didn't necessarily have to complete himself, as long as he was supporting May, I would have been happy.

This gave me an idea for a topic.

Do you think Drew's cameo in DP was beneficial to Contestshipping? If so, why?

Unfortunately I don't have time to answer this as I have a party to go to in a little while but I'm eager to see what you guys say.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I forgot about that, to be honest. Yeah, he, Harley, and Solidad were all watching the Wallace Cup on TV. It was so nice to see the three of them but yeah, it would have been so much better if he came with May to Sinnoh to support her in the Wallace Cup. He didn't necessarily have to complete himself, as long as he was supporting May, I would have been happy.

I agree completely. They could have had him come out with her to support her in the Wallace Cup but oh well, it is what it is. Nothing we can do change it.

Honestly, yes I do. I personally feel as though showing him watching May and Dawn's battle in the Wallace Cup was beneficial to this pairing. In my opinion, it shows that he was interested on seeing how May was doing.

I would have loved to see Drew look disappointed when May lost, that would have been awesome.

majormanafemale

How many children do you see May and Drew having together in the future? What do you think they would look like? Personally I see four I know it is just in my brain we will probaly never see it if they do. I see them having quadruplets. The girls having Drew's hair and May's eyes and boys having May's hair and Drew's eyes.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
Well, that is quite an awkward and bad topic and sorry, but I refuse to answer that.

How do you think May's family would react if she and Drew got together?

Isn't Caroline a Contestshipper already? Personally, I think Caroline will be supportive of May's decision but Norman is different story. I can see him acting like any father would when his daughter gets a boyfriend and be kind of overprotective towards her.

Max I think would be more on the shocked side, like he was not expcting them to get together but evetunally, he would come to accept it.

majormanafemale

Max would be upset for 5 mins then say if he makes ya happy sis even though he isn't my favorite person.
Caroline would start planning wedding when they had just started dating.
And Norman would say if he hurts his baby he will send his vigeroth(spelling?) After him.

Also I think at some point May and Max began looking as Ash,Misty and Brock as surrogate older siblings so I feel like including what they would say which sadly as all three know the truth would say it is about time.

That is my opinion.

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
Woah been a while since I've posted here. Anyways...

Not in a big way, but yes I do think so. I say it's not a big hint since her other two rivals where watching as well, but I do think it is since it did show that he still watches out and cheers for her.

How many children do you see May and Drew having together in the future?

Uhh... Uhhhhhhh... TWENTY FOUR! I guess I'll say 2? Not too much, but at least their child would have someone to play with and watch out for.

How do you think May's family would react if she and Drew got together?
For some reason, I can see her family all embarrassing her or both of them more than anything. Norman just seems like a chill and goofy dad to me and her mom seems to be fine with Drew, so I really don't see them scaring him off purposefully. Max, I can see him tease May about it, cause he seemed to like to pick on his sister (or anyone really) any chance he got. But later he would be more helpful by helping her out with any misunderstandings with Drew and stuff like that.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Do you guys think we'll see a cameo in the anime? I'm hopeful, but my hope is diminishing more and more because of the little short they just did. :( I miss these two dorks so much!

majormanafemale

I hope we will. Usually say hopes are low but I bet you whatever pokémon 20 th anniversary show will be will be awesome. I have little more hope sence anime is nearly 20. Obviously we still have to wait a little while for the shows 20th but I bet they are working on it. And the 20 th aniveraary I expectit (o bd grand and chances our high for May to be part of that so gives Drew small chance of it to. Do I expect cameo before that from them no do I think it be awesomely if they did yes. Now we wait for what will happen and hopefully in the insanity we get contestshipping.

Do you think it is coidence May has beautifly while dre has a masquerain? personally I don't I think it is a coidence I think it is one of weird subtle indirect hints oh look and their simmilar yet diffrent pokémon thing.

Last edited:

xEryChan

Demon Child
I don't know. I mean, I hope we do get a comeback between them. I would so happy if that did happen but I don't think it's going to. She should get a cameo though, Misty's gotten one so I don't think there's any reason why May shouldn't get one. Same with Dawn and Iris.

I don't know about Drew. Probably won't ever see him again, unfortunately. But hey, who knows.

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
I'd really like to see them both again (along with Ash's other traveling companions), but my hopes ain't too high with how the animes going. We only got a flashback with Misty, so that's the most I can expect for May.

Do you think it is coidence May has beautifly while drew has a masquerain? If Drew had a Butterfree or Dustox I would say not so much. But ether way, I usually don't think pokemon has any focus when I'm shipping people together so personally I don't see people having similar pokemon as a hint. If her Beautyfly and Masqurain liked or got along really well with each other, that'd be a bit of a different story.

teamshiny

I'll bring this thread back...

I am a huge contestshipper. I've kept rewatching all the contestshipping episodes the past months like UGH May x Drew are SO DARN CUTE. Pretty sure you've heard of most hints but there's this one that I wanted to point out. In the first ep of the KGF, when May was with her friends and mom and Munchlax, Drew from afar stops walking and his Roselia stops and was like "whaa.. why did you stop walking" and his Roselia turns and sees May and probably thought "oh I see why hehe." And May turns around and sees Drew just standing there. It's like he wants her to notice him and approach him. I don't know if it's just all getting in my head but I thought that was super adorable.

Do you think May will return since there's ORAS?
I have a hunch that she will, along with cameos of Drew. CROSSES FINGERS. Maybe I'm just hoping for them too much. Sigh.

xEryChan

Demon Child
This topic was bumped after thirty days of inactivity. If anyone wants to create a Contestshipping thread, they may.

Otherwise, I'm going to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.