• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Contestshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrapbook

My Emo Friend
i like this ship, and have since it came out, i even have contestshipping tattoo on my leg, and used an artwork done by teppo pepper for it

BlueDragonfangirl

Love this pairing, loved it when so many people teased them about itXD

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome to the discussion everybody! It's great to see so many Contestshippers. ;)

i like this ship, and have since it came out, i even have contestshipping tattoo on my leg, and used an artwork done by teppo pepper for it

Oh? You should totally show us a picture!

BlueDragonfangirl - CS definitely had lots of shippers on board in-show. Caroline, Harley, Roselia, Jessie... Am I missing any?

Sephora

yes I'm back
BlueDragonfangirl - CS definitely had lots of shippers on board in-show. Caroline, Harley, Roselia, Jessie... Am I missing any?

Soledad? I dunno but I got the vibe that she is one, also ^^

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It is quite possible Brock realized something too, I remember a few scenes of Brock saying something to Drew about May, back in the Rubello Contest (the one with the coordinator mother).

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
It is quite possible Brock realized something too, I remember a few scenes of Brock saying something to Drew about May, back in the Rubello Contest (the one with the coordinator mother).

Oh, snap. I don't remember that. I guess I should go back and watch that to see it. Do you remember what was said?

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

Welcome to the discussion everybody! It's great to see so many Contestshippers. ;)

Oh? You should totally show us a picture!

Yah, find it fun how so many so many supported them in this series. Guess they were just that obvious to every oneXD

\

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Yah, find it fun how so many so many supported them in this series. Guess they were just that obvious to every oneXD

\

Yeah, seriously! Everyone was like "eh, eh~" to May and she totally wasn't even aware of it until somebody confronted her about Drew. Drew, on the other hand, was likely aware. He's the one who always instigated conversation with her, and always wanted to show off.

Froakie64

Banned
I wouldn't mean talk about this ship too. While I'm a multi Ash shipper minus Misty, this is the only MC/Rival ship I like (hate all ships with Gary (pre-Johto), Paul, Trip, and N).

While enjoying pre-BW is hard for me, I like May/Drew ttogether as a whole. I love their development in the AG saga and one of few closed stories in development for a MC (Ash with Gary, May with Drew, and Dawn (mostly) with Zoey/Kenny).

BlueDragonfangirl

Yeah, seriously! Everyone was like "eh, eh~" to May and she totally wasn't even aware of it until somebody confronted her about Drew. Drew, on the other hand, was likely aware. He's the one who always instigated conversation with her, and always wanted to show off.

Yah, he even blushed at times and got jealous HA. Did May ever get jealous? I think she was confused about how she felt in that one episode that she saw Drew had a fan girl and asked him to be her boyfriend.

Your right Froakie, it's one of those rare pairings that had a lot of development and hints the entire series pretty much.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Yah, he even blushed at times and got jealous HA. Did May ever get jealous? I think she was confused about how she felt in that one episode that she saw Drew had a fan girl and asked him to be her boyfriend.

Your right Froakie, it's one of those rare pairings that had a lot of development and hints the entire series pretty much.

I don't think May ever got jealous. Like you said, she was confused about her feelings for Drew. That episode was a catalyst and was mostly focused on their relationship. Love triangle, anyone? ;)

TheMewster

Pokémon Connoisseur
I wish they did some chronicle episodes again...
maybe they could have shown May meet up (or even travel temporarily) with Drew in her journey at Johto.
Would love to see Drew again, plus we can get some more shippy moments too!

Have you ever included ContestShipping in a drawing or fanfic that was originally made for another pairing?
I have in my fanfic where all of the charcters reunite (just like yours lol) it was orginally going to be pure pearlshipping but I deciced to feature everyship with Contestshipping being one of the most prominent ones.
If May and Drew would be a married couple, and both would be in the Grand Festival final together, do you think they want to win, or would they want to lose so their partner could win, and feel bad about the idea of beating their partner?
Well in my fanfic, something like this actually does happen. Drew tries to let May win but she ends up telling him that if he really loved her he'd do his best to help her test her skills as a Coordinator and so he does. that's how I think it would happen, anyway.

And are May and Drew a couple from the start there, or did they eventually get together in your fic? The fic I mentioned is a 42-chaptered PokeShipping Johto journey fic with Ash and Misty as 16 year olds. During the Whirl Cup, Ash calls all his old friends to reunite, and to cheer for Misty. May brings her boyfriend along: Drew. I also added something funny: Drew saw Misty as hot (Misty wasn't interested in him), severely angering May, compare it to the way Ash saw Giselle and Melody as hot, causing Misty to get furious. I added it in for both humorous purposes (May and Ash being mad) and storyline purposes (Ash's immaturity and jealousy).

And does Drew accept that and tries to win, or does he still want to lose?

I still can't believe it's been that long. Don't remind me. :p However, Contestshipping is definitely still alive among shippers. The discussions are lively over on Tumblr, and it's really amazing to see all the different interpretations of their characters/relationship. I'm hoping we'll see them again, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. :( imissthemsomuchitmakesmychesthurtlol
I'll never forget reading the debates between you and Jo-Jo.

I wouldn't count on seeing them again, sadly. We know how older characters get treated: like they never existed. Sad, but true.

Oh yes a Contestshipping thread. Count me in, I love me some Contestshipping.

I have to agree, it's seriously amazing how much of a fanbase this shipping still maintains even after all this time. Contestshippers are some of the most dedicated shippers there are, along with Pokeshippers.

It's crazy.

Yeah, it's nice to see how many shippers I meet on this forum like ContestShipping. This is a shipping that not many people will abandon, or replace with another shipping with one of the two characters, it's nice to see this shipping remaining strong. Something that helps is how many Poke-, Pearl-, Negai- and AmourShippers who have their Ash shipping as their OTP also like ContestShipping, it's just really likeable. It's just sad that a ContestShipping thread never managed to stay alive as long as the Ash shipping threads... It's time for some of the supporters of this shipping to get a bit more active here!

along with Pokeshippers

Thank you!

Could you please take a picture? It seems really cool!

I have a new question, it might seem a bit off-topic, but it still seems fun to me: If Ash would see May and Drew being a couple and maybe even see them kissing, do you think that could help Ash to realize love and get together with (insert girl you ship Ash with)?

I'm not sure, but it's not impossible. Seeing blatant examples could confront him with any feelings he might have, causing them to realize what it means. I'd say it would be cool if May and Drew indirectly help Ash to get with Misty.

And now a full ContestShipping question: If May and Drew would do a couple cosplay, as what Pokemon do you want to see them cosplay?

An easy answer would be Blaziken and Flygon/Absol/Roselia, but I don't think so. They're from Hoenn, and both have a bug type (Beautifly, Masquerain), so maybe an Illumise and Volbeat cosplay could be a fun way for everyone to see they're a couple.

Moonlight Starlight

And now a full ContestShipping question: If May and Drew would do a couple cosplay, as what Pokemon do you want to see them cosplay?

Will for May I know she would be cute dressing up in a Beautifly princess cosplay and for Drew in a Masquerain or in Butterfree cosplay since you mention that they both have bug type Pokemon which two are like a butterfly type Pokemon.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I've sort of gotten back into ContestShipping recently after watching some AG episodes. I loved the interactions between May and Drew especially at the beginning; they started off rocky since Drew didn't seem to think much of May, but he and May eventually became friends of sorts even if they had to compete against each other. I love how things progressed and Drew's roses sort of became the symbol of ContestShipping imo.

If Ash would see May and Drew being a couple and maybe even see them kissing, do you think that could help Ash to realize love and get together with (insert girl you ship Ash with)?

I doubt ContestShipping and romantic interactions between May and Drew in general would have an effect on Ash lol. I suppose it would be an awkward moment though haha. :p

Will for May I know she would be cute dressing up in a Beautifly princess cosplay and for Drew in a Masquerain or in Butterfree cosplay since you mention that they both have bug type Pokemon which two are like a butterfly type Pokemon.

Sounds fine to me, then I'd rather see Butterfree than Masquerain for Drew, so they are a butterfly couple! That would be so cool!

What do you think about my Volbeat and Illumise idea?

I've sort of gotten back into ContestShipping recently after watching some AG episodes. I loved the interactions between May and Drew especially at the beginning; they started off rocky since Drew didn't seem to think much of May, but he and May eventually became friends of sorts even if they had to compete against each other. I love how things progressed and Drew's roses sort of became the symbol of ContestShipping imo.

I doubt ContestShipping and romantic interactions between May and Drew in general would have an effect on Ash lol. I suppose it would be an awkward moment though haha. :p

Well, my idea is something like this. I'll use Misty as the girl here because I'm a PokeShipper, insert another girl instead of Misty if you prefer that: Ash doesn't understand love, Misty wants him to realize it so she knows whether he likes her back or not. Then, Misty points at May and Drew hugging and making out and asks "Ash, do you see May and Drew over there, they love each other! Do you know how that feels?" Maybe it could get him to understand love a bit better and maybe realize that Misty loves him and that he loves Misty back.

Sorry for the PokeShipiness, insert another girl instead of Misty here if you want that, I don't know your favourite Ash shipping. Anyways, I was a bit afraid this question might be a bit off-topic because it involves Ash and Ash shippings, but I thought it would be interesting enough for this thread, because it involves ContestShipping making Ash aware.

Do you think Norman and Caroline would see Drew as the right guy for May?

I think they'd be happy for her. Sure, he acted a bit arrogant, but as long as he truly loves May, I think Norman and Caroline would be fine with it.

Moonlight Starlight

Sounds fine to me, then I'd rather see Butterfree than Masquerain for Drew, so they are a butterfly couple! That would be so cool!

What do you think about my Volbeat and Illumise idea?

Well, my idea is something like this. I'll use Misty as the girl here because I'm a PokeShipper, insert another girl instead of Misty if you prefer that: Ash doesn't understand love, Misty wants him to realize it so she knows whether he likes her back or not. Then, Misty points at May and Drew hugging and making out and asks "Ash, do you see May and Drew over there, they love each other! Do you know how that feels?" Maybe it could get him to understand love a bit better and maybe realize that Misty loves him and that he loves Misty back.

Sorry for the PokeShipiness, insert another girl instead of Misty here if you want that, I don't know your favourite Ash shipping. Anyways, I was a bit afraid this question might be a bit off-topic because it involves Ash and Ash shippings, but I thought it would be interesting enough for this thread, because it involves ContestShipping making Ash aware.

I think they'd be happy for her. Sure, he acted a bit arrogant, but as long as he truly loves May, I think Norman and Caroline would be fine with it.

Ok about the first one you mention that be cute they cosplay as Volbeat and Illumise.

And the second I know May's mother is fine with her daughter being Drew since she appear on a episode teasing her daughter liking Drew.For Norman he's hasn't meet Drew if he did he has to accept his daughter being with Drew.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Caroline totttallllyyy ships it, lmfao. "You two on the beach? How romantic!"
I think she would be ecstatic when she learns that they finally get together. However, I can see Norman being a little bit more apprehensive since she's his first child AND HIS daughter. He would probably get over it over time.

I've always loved the Beautifly x Masquerain thing, so I can totally see them dressing up as those two.

Ok about the first one you mention that be cute they cosplay as Volbeat and Illumise.

And the second I know May's mother is fine with her daughter being Drew since she appear on a episode teasing her daughter liking Drew.For Norman he's hasn't meet Drew if he did he has to accept his daughter being with Drew.

Yeah, I think you're right. I haven't seen AG for years, maybe it's time to rewatch some ContestShipping episodes. Anyways, do you think Norman would see Drew as the right guy for May?

Caroline totttallllyyy ships it, lmfao. "You two on the beach? How romantic!"
I think she would be ecstatic when she learns that they finally get together. However, I can see Norman being a little bit more apprehensive since she's his first child AND HIS daughter. He would probably get over it over time.

I've always loved the Beautifly x Masquerain thing, so I can totally see them dressing up as those two.

Yeah, I agree about Caroline. I think Norman would eventually accept it, but maybe he needs a bit more time.

I think I have a nice idea for another question here: What would Max think about it if May and Drew get together?

I'm not sure if he would understand. He's not as dense as Ash, but he's young, so maybe he wouldn't understand. If he would understand, it's hard to say what he'd think... He might feel a bit weird about his sister hooking up with her rival, but could also be happy for her. Maybe he already noticed the feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.