• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Contestshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

xEryChan

Demon Child
This is another great shipping. You know how Drew claims his roses are for May's Beautifly? I do not buy it for one second.

No one ever has, tbh. I think it's quite obvious that the roses were meant for her and not her Beautifly.

I can definitely see May and Drew inviting all their friends over and doing an Easter egg hunt. Please tell me I'm not the only person.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I love the cute hints we got in season 9. How everyone suspected Drew and May to be dating (well mostly Harley.) I loved how May blushes and says "I never really thought about it." Could that mean afterwards she did think about it and does have a huge crush on him. I feel like Drew immediately sparked interest in her too, when he first met her. 'Daww, so cute. Sad how it wasn't officially canon when it seems like it could be. Such potential.

majormanafemale

I love the cute hints we got in season 9. How everyone suspected Drew and May to be dating (well mostly Harley.) I loved how May blushes and says "I never really thought about it." Could that mean afterwards she did think about it and does have a huge crush on him. I feel like Drew immediately sparked interest in her too, when he first met her. 'Daww, so cute. Sad how it wasn't officially canon when it seems like it could be. Such potential.

And Solidad. It's not like Brock didn't know he just didn't say cause of prior ppl he delt with. I think at times even Ash relized something was up with the two not that he knew what to say or do. Drew couldn't have been more obvious and May confused yet was willing to jump off a clifc for Drew and track him down when he wasn't at the party. If only they had kissed on screen.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
And Solidad. It's not like Brock didn't know he just didn't say cause of prior ppl he delt with. I think at times even Ash relized something was up with the two not that he knew what to say or do. Drew couldn't have been more obvious and May confused yet was willing to jump off a clifc for Drew and track him down when he wasn't at the party. If only they had kissed on screen.

I forgot about Solidad, but yeah. I think Brock knew what was going on. Ash is just too oblivious but who knows, maybe he suspected something. I think May and Drew did confess later around in Johto. Maybe they kissed who knows? :)

majormanafemale

I forgot about Solidad, but yeah. I think Brock knew what was going on. Ash is just too oblivious but who knows, maybe he suspected something. I think May and Drew did confess later around in Johto. Maybe they kissed who knows? :)

Only reason I remember Solidad is really weird and not shipping related she flat out told May he likes you a lot. I hope the confessed and kissed in Johto. Hoenn Ash was confusing. Brock was just ok gotta let them figure it out cuase of previce experince with simmilar event. Solidad was trying to spell it out for clueless May. While Haryley decided to be childish and tease May and Drew about them being a couple.

What does everyone think May and Drew's kids will look like?

Innocentmercy

First time I love this shipping...

Ahhh I still remember the time back in the mid-2000s I was so little XP

The Liechi Berry episode between May and Drew was the best episode for me. It was then I loved this pairing so so much <3

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Can you guys believe it's been more than 10 years since the two of them met?

I really hope they give us a special soon with the other characters. Hosos were wonderful, and I wish they continued doing them. :(

I love that!My favorite is when they're standing on the bridge,the sunset gleaming,then when I thought they would kiss...HARLEY COMES!Lol he made the moment hilarious.

BlueDragonfangirl

Can you guys believe it's been more than 10 years since the two of them met?

I really hope they give us a special soon with the other characters. Hosos were wonderful, and I wish they continued doing them. :(

More specials would be great but just enjoying re watching the Contest shipping moments in AG till whenever that may be :(

I thought at the end of the series the entire gang + Ash teased Drew about liking May, or was that dubbed added?

Yah, Contest shipping had a lot of supporters in the series, that was nice :)

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
More specials would be great but just enjoying re watching the Contest shipping moments in AG till whenever that may be :(

I thought at the end of the series the entire gang + Ash teased Drew about liking May, or was that dubbed added?

Yah, Contest shipping had a lot of supporters in the series, that was nice :)

The thing in the Combusken episode? That wasn't dub added. ;)
I'm hoping that we'll see everybody again, but I'm not holding my breath. :(

Moonlight Starlight

By the way, is there a Contestshipping anniversary day to celebrate :0 Just curious

Will I found out that their anniversary where they first meet each was in episode " Now that's Flower Power" during when it was aired in Japan since July 10, 2003 and in America around May 22, 2004. So I say that ours is going to happen next month on May for Contestshipping Anniversary.

Innocentmercy

Will I found out that their anniversary where they first meet each was in episode " Now that's Flower Power" during when it was aired in Japan since July 10, 2003 and in America around May 22, 2004. So I say that ours is going to happen next month on May for Contestshipping Anniversary.

Oh my, that's pretty cool to celebrate their debut episode :D I wish I can find a fanclub in deviantart to celebrate it ;____;

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I think this shipping was probably my favorite in the anime. Except I didn't post much about it. I like the rivalry between the two, the fact that May is a little bit lost on Drew and it's obvious that Drew has a thing for May.
I sort of wish in May's cameo in DP we could've had an insight on their relationship or something. I know it's unlikely but the two had such chemistry that it is likely. I wouldn't be surprised if they did travel together in hoenn and confessed. They should've. This is why I was a tad upset we didn't get a hoso on May, we could've had her in Johto and her insights with Drew. It would've been cute to know by now. It itches me till this day to figure what happened between them.
Thoughts?
Also what episode did Ash tease Drew of liking May? Specific part, per say?

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

The thing in the Combusken episode? That wasn't dub added. ;)
I'm hoping that we'll see everybody again, but I'm not holding my breath. :(

HA Contest shipping was so obvious that even Ash saw it thanXD

It's a Shame really, they are doing specials sort of again, just none of them include any of Ash's old friends.

All we can do is use our imagination on what happened between them in the future, I'd like to think at this point they are dating. Even back when AG ended they could see some thing, I mean come on now LOL.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Agreed, it seemed pretty obvious. I feel like they obviously got together in Johto, but May just didn't mentioned it. All we could do now is guess or imagine what happened or not. I know it's unlikely that another contestshipping hint will happen, but who knows.

majormanafemale

As has been pointed May is kinda very oblivious. So maybe May and Drew aren't together just yet. Drew just tell her I like and maybe even love you May and at least she will know and might have gf while May learns.She does love him just doesn't know it yet. She was starting to figure it oit aroud beach good bye episode. It will hapen did it happen in Johto or in May and Drew's 3rd region or shoukd we call it 4 th region idk. I have no clue what's happend was probably after Johto she takes a little while to get it. We still love her character. I guess things we aren't supposed to know.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I still don't agree that May is oblivious, now the is Drew. I think their relationship of they have gotten together would've been an easy one, with no complications like an Ash ship.
May knows much about love and Drew obviously would have too so I could see them ending up together with success.

majormanafemale

Perhaps oblivious is wrong word just not really aware. She did in episode where her mom teased her seem to blush. I hate it when their isn't the right word to explain it but she really didn't know what roses where about at first. Moving on.

How do you see their confession? when they confess. personally I see it being a very private confession.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I also see their confession being very private too. Not only that, but I see them mildly blushing. I can see May turning around and Drew staring at her while they're both blushing but can't see each other. That would be pretty cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.