• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Contestshipping (May x Drew) Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~

[img139]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs36/i/2008/269/0/5/Art_013__Basserick_by_Haruka_FanClub.jpg[/img139]
(Contestshipping)​
Hello all, and welcome to the Contestshipping thread~! Contestshipping is the possibility of a romantic relationship between May and Drew. Feel free to post any fanfics, fanart, or AMVs (If fanart then please credit the original artist if you can. ^&^), talk about their dynamic as a pairing, discuss some of their hints, and talk to other people who love this pairing as well~​

Rules:
1. Let's not bash other pairings that rival this one. I mean, don't go around saying stuff like "Advanceshipping sucks and all the people who like it are clueless". That's offensive to the people who ship it and I'd like to avoid seeing those comments. Let's keep it classy and non-argumentive people. ^&^ Likewise, please do not post in the thread if you are just going to bash Contestshipping and Contestshippers. That defeats the purpose of posting in this thread. That will earn you a warning, and I'd like to avoid giving anyone warnings.

2. Please do not post one-liners. I'm not asking for like a huge post but a few sentences would be nice. ^&^

3. If you post fanart then please credit the original artist, ok?

4. Do not just post an AMV, fanfiction, or fanart in one post. If possible, please reply to one of the other posts and post a fanart, fanfiction, or AMV there.

5. Enjoy posting here! :3

SapphireIris
YokoKurama
00poke_maniac
watericedragon
xEryChan
I am Lu
Flame Mistress
Ashist_Wilketch
Sweet May
BlueDragonfangirl
Ash&Pikachu-Fan
~SkyHigh~
Pkmntrainer Amy
P-body
Carnival Of Madness
Espeon 114x
Misty Ketchum66
JetshipperKekkaishi
FullMetalAlchemist

None yet, and let's keep it that way! ^_^

~Banners~
None yet, but if you wish to make a banner for this pairing/thread then go ahead! ^&^

~Videos~

~Fanfiction~
None as of yet, but I shall raid fanfiction.net and search for some cute ones! ^&^

Last edited:

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
May I join? I love May/Drew. They're so cute together. (^.^)

Of course, anyone is welcome to join as long as they love Contestshipping~ So, it's topic time ^&^
When did you start to ship May and Drew together?
Hmm...as for me, I'd say the episode where they were stuck on a island together. Didn't consider the thought of the two together till then to be honest ^^;

When May met that girl with the Surskit and Vibrava, she liked Drew and May started getting offensive and angry at the girl. It was funny.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Sign me up. XDDD NAO

It's been a long time ago..but I remember I started to ship them when May first met Drew, and also during their first contest when Drew stood by just sort of watching over her. I thought it was sweet of him (in his own way), plus when he'd give her roses and claim they were for "Beautifly."

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
Sign me up. XDDD NAO

It's been a long time ago..but I remember I started to ship them when May first met Drew, and also during their first contest when Drew stood by just sort of watching over her. I thought it was sweet of him (in his own way), plus when he'd give her roses and claim they were for "Beautifly."

WUT IF I DON'T SIGN YOU UP FOR THIS THREAD? D8 *shot*
I remember that. :3 I thought that was cute. ^&^ I always loved the fact he gave her roses, I thought it was sweet. ^&^ But Roses are my favorite flower, so...D8

WinterStarlight

Let us eat!
I need to join this~! :33 I love CS!

I was actually a pretty dense child back then, so I didn't really ship anything. -_- I was watching a clip from "Spontaneous Combusken" in Youtube where May was asked if she liked Drew. It wasn't until I read a comment saying how May and Drew should just get married that I finally started to realize that there could be something going on between the two. ^_^; I was so dense I didn't really pay attention to the deep blush. So basically, ContestShipping was my first ever ship and so far still my favorite out of them all in the anime~! 8D

Ooh, I have another question:
What's your favorite moment between May and Drew?

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
I need to join this~! :33 I love CS!

I was actually a pretty dense child back then, so I didn't really ship anything. -_- I was watching a clip from "Spontaneous Combusken" in Youtube where May was asked if she liked Drew. It wasn't until I read a comment saying how May and Drew should just get married that I finally started to realize that there could be something going on between the two. ^_^; I was so dense I didn't really pay attention to the deep blush. So basically, ContestShipping was my first ever ship and so far still my favorite out of them all in the anime~! 8D

Ooh, I have another question:
Welcome to the thread~ :3 I would squee so hard they could hear me all the way in Russia if they got married. :O And favorite hint? Uhh....uhh....I CAN'T ANSWER THIS QUESTION IT'S TOO DIFFICULT! *explodes* I'll just mention Solidad saying Drew had feelings for May. :3 IT WAS DUB ONLY BUT IT WAS CUTE OK?! D8

xEryChan

Demon Child
Been waiting for someone to create a Contestshipping thread. :) thank you, SapphireIris :D

Probably around the time that Drew aired. I was originally an Advanceshipper until Drew aired and then I just fell in love with Contestshiping and I began to ship May & Drew together. :)

And now for the other topic.

I really love the moments where Drew gave May red roses. Those scenes are just adorable and they're the main reason why I started shipping them together, TBH.

Yeah, I love Contestshipping :D

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
Been waiting for someone to create a Contestshipping thread. :) thank you, SapphireIris :D

Probably around the time that Drew aired. I was originally an Advanceshipper until Drew aired and then I just fell in love with Contestshiping and I began to ship May & Drew together. :)

And now for the other topic.

I really love the moments where Drew gave May red roses. Those scenes are just adorable and they're the main reason why I started shipping them together, TBH.

Yeah, I love Contestshipping :D

You're welcome ^_^ I has added you to the member's list, so yays :3 And I didn't ship the two till the episode where they got stuck on an island but those scenes were cute none-the-less <3~ Another one I like was their hints in the Unbelievable Light of Seeing episode, mainly the "I've been thinking about you a lot lately." "Were they good thoughts?" "Of course they were!" exchange. ^&^

I am Lu

Count me in. I'm a huge Contestshipping supporter.

Gosh, it's been forever... I didn't watch AG through and through when it first aired, so I think I first gained interest in Contestshipping through videos on YouTube, which got me back into Pokemon. I think the first Contestshipping episode I watched was the Wynaut episode.

When they're talking at the beginning of the Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing. I explained why in this post.

Flame Mistress

I'd like to join, s'il vous plait~ It's, like, one of the only four ships I really ship in Pokémon now. XD;;

I actually have no freakin' idea. I think I just saw them together in an episode and decided that they looked really cute with each other. It's the most ridiculous reason ever for shipping a ship, but I still love ContestShipping. =3

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I LOLd the most popular shipping on FF.net finally gets its own thread on Sppf.

It had one quite a while ago, it just died. xD;

For me since I love to ship on comedy would have to be in Who, What, When, Where, Wynaut it'd be these exchanges:

May: Now this time on May's Adventures--
Drew: You don't get out much, do you?
May: Of course I do, you just don't know how to have fun.

And:

May: I know all about Lechi berries!
Drew: Oh really? Then I'm sure you should know they are pronounced Leichi.

Stuff like that. XD

I actually never watched the Battle Frontier, but my friends all told me how Contestshippy it was. xD

WinterStarlight

Let us eat!
@I am Lu: You were the one who wrote that? I read it a long time ago and found it to be really well analyzed. This is such a small world indeed. 8D

For me, it will be all the times Harley teased them. x3 and "Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing" episode. Just watching it let's me know there was at least something going on between them.

I am Lu

@I am Lu: You were the one who wrote that? I read it a long time ago and found it to be really well analyzed. This is such a small world indeed. 8D

Thank you! It is a small world indeed. I run the pkmncoordinators blog.

I actually never watched the Battle Frontier, but my friends all told me how Contestshippy it was. xD

Seriously? Now that's a shame. It's definitely worth checking out, even if the voices are odd.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
Oh, I'm glad to see this thread again:> After how long it has been closed >.<
Can I join in?

I started shipping these two since their first meeting. I saw Drew and May's interaction like rivals them I actually ship these two out. I remember those times I've watched AG for some reasons, and one of those reasons is seeing those two in an episode again. I miss how Drew gives May roses, and how these two manages to be rivals co-ordinators.
The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing would be one of my favorites and also the wynaut episode. I was fangirling all over and over again when I waited for the wynaut episode back then..lol.It was fun seeing those two.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=22187603 by
I also want to share this fanart just in case you guys haven't seen it before.

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
Oh, I'm glad to see this thread again:> After how long it has been closed >.<
Can I join in?

I started shipping these two since their first meeting. I saw Drew and May's interaction like rivals them I actually ship these two out. I remember those times I've watched AG for some reasons, and one of those reasons is seeing those two in an episode again. I miss how Drew gives May roses, and how these two manages to be rivals co-ordinators.
The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing would be one of my favorites and also the wynaut episode. I was fangirling all over and over again when I waited for the wynaut episode back then..lol.It was fun seeing those two.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=22187603 by
I also want to share this fanart just in case you guys haven't seen it before.

*highfives* Welcome to the thread ^&^ I've seen you around in the Pokeshipping thread, so welcome! I don't ship Ash and Misty but I stalk the thread a little. I like seeing people's reasons for liking the pairing even if I disagree with them sometimes And I adored the Wynaut episode. A whole episode of them together was just pure amazingness <3 And nice anaylsis Lu! :3 (Welcome to the thread by the way ^&^) I really liked it and agreed with all of what you said in it. ^&^

Holy smokes, there's a new thread?! About time. ;) Hope you don't mind joining in too!

I say since the Wyanut episode first aired in Japan. Their alone time was pretty sweet and I could be a real sucker for rival ships. Every other episode just added more and more fuel to my support for this pairing like the roses, the assistance Drew tried to give to May when she was in a bind, and of course their small arguments over each other's knowledge and accomplishments for training and contests. Truly miss them both!

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
Holy smokes, there's a new thread?! About time. ;) Hope you don't mind joining in too!

I say since the Wyanut episode first aired in Japan. Their alone time was pretty sweet and I could be a real sucker for rival ships. Every other episode just added more and more fuel to my support for this pairing like the roses, the assistance Drew tried to give to May when she was in a bind, and of course their small arguments over each other's knowledge and accomplishments for training and contests. Truly miss them both!

Yays! ^_^ *hugs* Thank ya for joining~ The Wynaut episode was so cute, that's when I start shipping them too ^&^That episode was just precious ^&^
Cute screenshots/gifs I thought I'd post :3 ^&^:
HarukaShu2.gif

offtojohto.jpg

HarukaShu3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.