• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Continue watching or taking a break from the series?

I am a...

• pre-AG fan and will watch BW

Votes: 81 78.6%
  • pre-AG fan and want to take a break from the show

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • post-AG fan and will watch BW

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • post-AG fan and want to take a break from the show

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
:/ I took a break in the Battle Frontier, but other than that I've stuck with it. Got up every Sat. to watch the episode (or just record it) no matter how boring or whatnot lol. Though I did lose my interest in DP after the Snowpoint Arc.
Anyways I'm a Pre-AG fan and will watch BW

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm taking a break from the anime. I've watched it since before AG and it was actually pretty good. To be honest, as much fun as Best Wishes looks like it'll be, the anime has lost it's appeal for me. I think a break from the anime would suit several people and not just me. I find the anime used to be a fun experience but it's turned stressful and causes arguments all around for no apparently good reason. I'll probably monitor Best Wishes every so often, but not every week.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I've been watching since the Kanto region, I still remember my first episode was the S.S. Anne sinking to the bottom of the ocean. Anyway I've taken many breaks from Pokemon but always catch up. Johto I took a break in the middle, and I took a break during the Battle Frontier saga, DP got me back into the series.

Now for the question, will I watch BW or take a break? I haven't decided yet. I will probably keep it updated but not follow it as closely as I did DP. I love Pokemon but I do take break's from the endless loops.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
I've been on a break for about seven years mow.

I'll come back on my shift to endure a few customers once in a blue moon, but the job will continue to dissatisfy me and eventually I'll just have to quit.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I've been on a break for about seven years mow.

I'll come back on my shift to endure a few customers once in a blue moon, but the job will continue to dissatisfy me and eventually I'll just have to quit.

Why don't you quit the fandom while you're at it too? :)

Darkxninga

I've been watching since the Kanto region, I still remember my first episode was the S.S. Anne sinking to the bottom of the ocean. Anyway I've taken many breaks from Pokemon but always catch up. Johto I took a break in the middle, and I took a break during the Battle Frontier saga, DP got me back into the series.

Now for the question, will I watch BW or take a break? I haven't decided yet. I will probably keep it updated but not follow it as closely as I did DP. I love Pokemon but I do take break's from the endless loops.

i bet starting from that episode you thought "Great, i start watching the show and the main character is gonna die already.", just kidding ^^!
I guess some people took a break (im not directing this to Blob) when OO- Johto started because of the character change or same story line. AG introduced many new things so it's not surprising many came back watching when it started.I plan to keep updated on serebiis episode info once it airs, that way i can know what to expect (for certain details) when im watching it ^-^ just sometimes..

Last edited:

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Why don't you quit the fandom while you're at it too? :)

Nah, I'm still a fan of the games (old AND new) and still love the original series Anime.

And besides, who else is gonna constantly set the new Anime fans in their place and constantly annoy and insult them? :)

These guys gotta be put in there place, yes sirree.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Nah, I'm still a fan of the games (old AND new) and still love the original series Anime.

And besides, who else is gonna constantly set the new Anime fans in their place and constantly annoy and insult them? :)

These guys gotta be put in there place, yes sirree.

Yes, but there are better ways to debate about what you liked more about the early seasons.

Also get to the Johto episodes, just so you can experience, "Johto filler hell," as we all did. And you'll understand why the Johto saga turned so many people off back in the day.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Yes, but there are better ways to debate about what you liked more about the early seasons.

Also get to the Johto episodes, just so you can experience, "Johto filler hell," as we all did. And you'll understand why the Johto saga turned so many people off back in the day.

There gonna cost be a bundle but I'm getting to them soon on my re-watching quest.

Fillers aren't all bad. Some of the best Pokemon episodes of all time are, in fact, fillers.

I'm currently re-RE-watching the Orange Islands! lol

Teshub

Banned
There are two kind of old-school pokemon fans, those who are Misty acolytes and those who couldn't care less about that character. The former often pontificate about the greatness of the original trio, character interaction, and how everything is boring now.
To a slight degree they have a point, because the original series is quite different from what we have now.
But over the years the series has picked itself up from the low point that was the Johto filler black hole. DP is the pinnacle of that evolution in pokemon. The writers have made it clear that BW will be a departure from the AG/DP generations. No longer will Ash share the spotlight with the heroine of the games. He is getting the main focus like he did back in original Kanto. So I think BW could be a moderate success like AG was, or it can tank like Johto because it tries to replicate the old series but fails.

Last edited:

RickHoenn

Banned
Pre AG fan and I will surely watch Best Wishes, I took a break during DP because this saga was horrible, but I'll give a chance again since BW looks promising! Dento & Iris look fresh and seems that the trio will have chemistry again. :)

and I'm rewatching the Johto eps again, I'm on the Quagsire blue moon episode and I must say, even non fillers DP episodes are utter crap compared to the Johto early fillers.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
There are two kind of old-school pokemon fans, those who are Misty acolytes and who who couldn't care less about that characters. The former often pontificate about the greatness of the original trio, character interaction, and how everything is boring now.

You ignore the fact that even most people who started with Kanto don't obsess with Misty.

I am a classic Kanto fan from 1998, for example, and I prefer the newer seasons even though I feel worn out on the series in general.

My break from BW has nothing to do with quality or lack thereof, its just a break from the franchise in general.

Teshub

Banned
You ignore the fact that even most people who started with Kanto don't obsess with Misty.

I am a classic Kanto fan from 1998, for example, and I prefer the newer seasons even though I feel worn out on the series in general.

My break from BW has nothing to do with quality or lack thereof, its just a break from the franchise in general.

I also think people (despite their perceived enthusiasm for BW) have also gotten tired of the female characters being replaced every new series. I believe the people who are fans of AG liked the series due to May because she brought a new dynamic to the show. Same thing with Dawn.
The only thing BW has going for it in terms of character dynamics is Dento. At least he will be fabulous (code word for somewhat flamboyant homosexual), and not truly boring like Brock. But I don't care what others say, Iris will not be on the same level as May or Dawn. She will be like Misty without the nostalgia...and that does not amount to much.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
If I'm one of the Misty-obsessing targets... Well, your partially right.

Love the character. Her and Ash were my favorites on the show, with 'ol Brock in a close second. She just had so much personality... *sniff*

Oh, who am I kidding? I would instantly love the show again if Misty showed up for one whole second in a newer episode.

Satisfied?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I also think people (despite their perceived enthusiasm for BW) have also gotten tired of the female characters being replaced every new series. I believe the people who are fans of AG liked the series due to May because she brought a new dynamic to the show. Same thing with Dawn.

You also don't realize Hoenn was very early on in the shows history.

The show was only in its 6th season when Hoenn began. The anime hadn't gone on forever yet, and Ash had only lost two leagues by that point. AG was the first new series and a big reboot at the time, and almost all the new ideas and characters introduced became popular moreso due to, "freshness," than anything else.

By the time DP started everyone noticed it was re-using things AG done prior, but it excelled because of the great writing and characters like Paul and Pokehunter J introduced.

However DP was let down by a lackluster conclusion, and Ash losing yet another league despite proper Elite 4 build up seems to have made people realize the show is stuck in an endless loop and could go on for another 10 years.

What people are getting tired of isn't the lack of quality, its simply the fact that the series literally has 650+ episodes and has been going on for 13 years. The sheer length of the series is a turnoff for a lot of people.

iteza9pm

Leveau
So I started watching the anime back when it premiered over here in '99,
then I moved to the U.S. and took a break cuz at the time I didn't understand english : ( lol.
Then I caught up with it, watched it all the way 'till the end of AG,
and well I kind stopped when DP aired,
I agree with people who say they didn't find it too interesting,
but since I'm a pokemon maniac, I watched like the 150 episodes that I had missed in two months because I felt bad about not watching it XD,
So yeah I'll start watching BW :D

Teshub

Banned
If I'm one of the Misty-obsessing targets... Well, your partially right.

Love the character. Her and Ash were my favorites on the show, with 'ol Brock in a close second. She just had so much personality... *sniff*

Oh, who am I kidding? I would instantly love the show again if Misty showed up for one whole second in a newer episode.

Satisfied?

Iris also looks to have "personality". You will like her too, right?

STICKTOPIA