• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Continue watching or taking a break from the series?

I am a...

• pre-AG fan and will watch BW

Votes: 81 78.6%
  • pre-AG fan and want to take a break from the show

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • post-AG fan and will watch BW

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • post-AG fan and want to take a break from the show

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
You didn't ask people about their motives behind watching, so no, it doesn't prove anything. The poll has to be far more differentiated in its options to allow you to make assumptions like that.

I was with the show(s) since the very beginning, but I liked AG - and especially DP - better than the OS, and I'll take offence if I'm thrown into the "nostalgia category" simply because it makes interpreting the poll results in your favor easier.

Sushi, it seems Sunain is fretting over her precious Misty and Brock being gone from the show. Why don't you slap some sense to those obsessive fans over at #pm?

They actually think the original trio should have been reunited. lol.

pokemon fan 132

Sushi, it seems Sunain is fretting over her precious Misty and Brock being gone from the show. Why don't you slap some sense to those obsessive fans over at #pm?

"Slap some sense"?This is clear example of disrespecting people opinions who dont share the same view as you do.

Speaking of original trio,you can count me in.In my opinion it would be best way to end this show(when time comes) with those who started everything going full circle with popular trio of Ash,Misty and Brock sharing one last adventure together.
This move would go beyond current audience attracting more of older fans bringing benefit for ratings,aswell giving opportunity that some loose ends which were left open in each of this character stories get resolution.

Feel free to disagree,but fact is that many people would welcome this.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod

@_@ You keep disappointing me. Sorry, but I think enforced conformity of opinions is an outdated sport. Outdated since... Nazi Germany, if I recall correctly ;(

Honestly, you like characters A and B and they like C and D. Maybe some others among the staff like A and C or B and D. I found none of the people there any less likeable because they just happened to like older characters more than newer ones.

'sides, I don't see them signing petitions, drawing posters, singing a tribute to the holy Kanto trio or automatically subtracting 2 out of 10 points in DP episode reviews simply because it's DP and not the OS. I also don't see them axing people's heads off if said people voice opinions that differ from theirs; something I see much more often in this place :p

Why are we even talking about this, anyway? We should be good children and contribute to this very exciting discussion... On that note, have I mentioned that I'm not nostalgic?

In my case (I know, evil opinions again), I'll watch BW because there's no reason for me not to. The new characters look fun, the one old character that I don't want to leave under any circumstances is still there and the story looks exciting. Sounds good enough for me.

Chimchar15

You start off saying it's not about nostalgia then the rest of your paragraph post is about how everything in Johto and OS was better than DP by calling it stale.

Stale means being stuck on something old. Which you seem to excel at.

Wow you really just ignored my post. I literary complemented DP like two or three times!!! I never even talked about OS. Yes I called it stale not old. Stale means boring, and dry. Not in old. If you want a different word it sucked. Is that better? Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn all made me enjoy Pokemon. I felt like sometimes I could just relax and have fun with the episode. DP went a little too far with the seriousness sometimes. Seriously you're blinded by fanboism. You're now putting words in my mouth. OK DP for me wasn't that great. Just because everyone else didn't like DP doesn't mean that they're blinded by nostalgia.

ForteAnly

I skipped most of the DP saga because I disliked Sinnoh but I'm looking forward to BW for some reason.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
My break was in Johto. I came back for the league and stayed for Advanced Generation. I'm looking forward to Best Wishes.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
I think this poll proves many fans are staying for BW due to nostalgic purposes, because its sounds to be a "reboot", "Kanto-esque" interpretation of the anime.

On the other hand 43% of people who started to watch the show in AG and beyond won't be looking forward to BW. That's a huge difference with 13% of oldschool fans that have given up.

Oh my god.

I'll be watching BW because I'm optimistic on it improving on previous sagas just like DP did. To be perfectly honest, I wanna see good battles. All the rest of it; humour, character development, side quests and mini-arcs, they're just add ons to me. The main reason I watch this show is for decent well-paced battles. DP has been the best for this so far and it's likely based on the progression through the series that the battles in BW will at worst be on par with DP.

Quite frankly this "back to basics" stuff has little meaning to me bar Kanto-esque humour (and even that doesn't bother me much). I don't like the idea of the endless fillers and little character development. (Side note- people saying DP had too many fillers- percentage wise it had the least... Just because it's not a gym battle doesn't make it a filler. That's another thing DP was good with; taking what could have been fillers and making them into development episodes)

Your assumptions about peoples choice are completely moronic and have no basis of a factual back-up, and have only been made because you're attempting to regain credibility after you've been proven wrong again. Considering you're the one who's a rabid fanboy of Dawn/DP, I find it ironic (Cyber isn't the only one who can use this word) that you're preaching about people blinded by nostalgia when you are blinded by your bias; essentially bashing BW on the virtue of it not being DP.

Also, lol @ random arbitrary percentages.

gliscor&yanmega

I started watching Pokemon since the first episode. I at some pointed stopped(From time to time) but then started watching again in DP. I plan on watching BW since it seems very interesting to me.

Blazicken

Sex on fire
watch it duhhh xD
took a break after johto
and after sinnoh
but not this time

Last edited:
I'll just do what I did for AG, watch the Gym battles( and contest at the time), and League. Any battle arcs that are thrown in there I'll watch too of course. But, I don't plan on watching all of it like I did Kanto, OI, Johto, and Sinnoh.

Rouenne

Looking for Someone
Have never taken a break till now and will not this time, especially to shake off this bad feeling for DP being over

I started watching the show when the first episode aired in English, which was a really long time ago. XD I took a break from Pokemon when AG started, and only saw a few eps from DP that looked interesting hahah, so I'm thinking about doing that with BW too, because I'll probably get tired of the show again very quickly if I watch every single ep. :p

Paul Ketchum

Remarkable!
I've been watching the anime since it first started airing in the US back in 98'. Since then I've seen seen every saga and will be watching BW as well. So in short, I'm a pre-AG fan and will be watching BW.

I'm not quite sure yet. I've watched Pokemon since the first episode but I really, really don't like the way BW is going. IMO, lame characters/Pokemon/graphics. I might just watch the first couple of episodes and then stop...unless something fun happens with the legendaries. But I really don't think I'll be watching every single episode.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Why do people keep making threads about watching or not watching the new BW series? Why would people who have watched the show since they were little not watch it just because DP is over?

Serenna

Considering I missed up on over half of the D/P episodes, I'm sure I won't keep up with the Isshu region episodes either.

Nonetheless, I'll be glad to watch the spoilers and eventually watch the episode in full when the time in right.

However, keeping up with both the Yugioh and Pokemon anime, playing World of Warcraft, while playing the Pokemon NDS games, Pokemon Online, and Yugioh Online means I have to give up something along the way.

Just happens to be the Pokemon anime I have the least interest out of them all.