• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Continue watching or taking a break from the series?

I am a...

• pre-AG fan and will watch BW

Votes: 81 78.6%
  • pre-AG fan and want to take a break from the show

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • post-AG fan and will watch BW

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • post-AG fan and want to take a break from the show

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters

thunderblade12

I quit watching in Johto (lucky me.) I was getting tired of baby ******** trying to hard to be funny and epically failing at it like Kanto and the lazy same ol' same ol' of the Johto saga. I was watching Keystone Pops the other day and even the fillers of DP are better than the putrid mess that the Kanto and Johto sagas vomited onto our laps.

Cookies to anyone that makes the connection and sees what I'm doing here. (Hint: Read every post above, specifically those of obvious trolls)

Teshub

Banned
I quit watching in Johto (lucky me.) I was getting tired of baby ******** trying to hard to be funny and epically failing at it like Kanto and the lazy same ol' same ol' of the Johto saga. I was watching Keystone Pops the other day and even the fillers of DP are better than the putrid mess that the Kanto and Johto sagas vomited onto our laps.

Cookies to anyone that makes the connection and sees what I'm doing here. (Hint: Read every post above, specifically those of obvious trolls)

You are kind of right about Johto, but OS was definitely a very good anime for its kind. Back then pokemon was not extremely commercial. Nowadays everything is a tie in to the games or some other promotion. By the way, you are the only one who is trolling, from your obnoxious and futile post. You are the weakest link goodbye.

iteza9pm

Leveau
You know I'm really feeling tempted to watch the OS again,
idk I rewatched AG in like 3 months, so I think I can pull it off haha.
I watched the OS when I was 9-13 years old and it seemed pretty exciting for me back then.
Well, I agree DP's fillers are a lot better and battles have improved tremendously;
but AG had good battles too, like May vs Drew in the GF, and Ash vs Tucker, Spencer, and Brandon.
The thing that I didnt like about BF was that, well,
we were supposed to be back in Kanto, and it didn't really feel like that,
maybe if they had visited some of the known cities, routes, etc,..

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Anyone can actually do a marathon of whatever saga you missed and catch up fast.

Sure, you can skip some of the crappier fillers here and there, but in this day and age anyone can catch up on entire arcs you've never seen.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Sure, you can skip some of the crappier fillers here and there, but in this day and age anyone can catch up on entire arcs you've never seen.
Although that would take a hell of a long time, since each episode is slighly more than 20 minutes long, and there are over 600 of the damned things...that's at least a week of your life down the drain, not counting pointless things like "sleep," "food," and "school/work." I suppose you could only watch the really awesome episodes, but that's still a lot of Pokemon to slog through.

Getting back to the topic, I'm definitely watching BW. No more Brock(and his replacement seems interesting)! The possibility that the writers might do something with Team Rocket! New Pokemon! A new female character for people to argue about! The writers continual improvement! The fact that I've been watching this children's cartoon for over half of my life, thus somehow obligating me to keep watching it! The possibility of the Team Plasma plot actually being decent, maybe even GOOD if the trend started by TA/TM and continued by TG holds true! The exclaimation points, both in this list and in every episode title!!

Seriously, I sat through Johto. Nothing BW throws at me could possibly be worse than that. And as I said, the writers keep getting better every saga. At worst, BW will be like DP, and DP was awesome. At best, BW will be better than DP. That's a bargain I can't refuse! Especially since I'm not hung up on old characters, unlike 80% of the people here. (it's actually amazing that people STILL CARE about Misty. At all. It made sense in AG, and a tiny bit of sense after her cameo in BF, but now? She's had no relevence to the show in 8 years, and hasn't appeared at ALL for 4 years. Can't you people learn to appreciate the past without demanding it become relevant to the show again? PS: HAHAHAHAHA Bulbapedia still lists that stupid "Misty's VA says Misty might appear in DP!" rumor from forever ago. And to think I just went there to find out when she'd appeared last!)

thunderblade12

Pre AG fan and I will surely watch Best Wishes, I took a break during DP because this saga was horrible, but I'll give a chance again since BW looks promising! Dento & Iris look fresh and seems that the trio will have chemistry again. :)

and I'm rewatching the Johto eps again, I'm on the Quagsire blue moon episode and I must say, even non fillers DP episodes are utter crap compared to the Johto early fillers.

You are kind of right about Johto, but OS was definitely a very good anime for its kind. Back then pokemon was not extremely commercial. Nowadays everything is a tie in to the games or some other promotion. By the way, you are the only one who is trolling, from your obnoxious and futile post. You are the weakest link goodbye.

Completely intentional counter-trolling. I figure if it's okay for him to go off on completely off-topic hate speeches in literally every post he makes, it's okay for me to post my completely uncensored true feelings as well. I'm getting kinda bored with it though, he never posts enough to even reply to half of it. It's always one post per thread to bash the entire DP series. In a way I'm just trying to annoy the rabid nostalgia fanboys. Because of that I'll probably just ignore his posts from now on.

Anyway, nothing in BW leads me to believe it'll be a bad saga. So why not?

Last edited:

Stickly

of course im gonna keep watching why wouldnt i? just because some ppl arent going to be in it or there are some changes? they make changes through every generation switch

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
When it comes to Best Wishes, I wont be keeping up with the Japanese episodes. DP was actually the first time I began watching the Japanese airings.

For now Ill be sticking to my own pace for the US DUB. :p

And yes, I am a Pre-AG fan, but stopped after awhile and came back during AG and Post-AG.

pokemon fan 132

Kinda on fence in here,but yes im pre AG fan and ill probably continue to wach BW series aswell,although writers ignorance and neglect of older characters is really bringing myself to question my decision.
Way they treat many great characters,not even bothering to give them closures leaving all that potential never being used is really dissapointing and i cant say i hold the same respect i used to have for them.

Anyway BW series are looking up to be unique in a way,with wildness coming from Iris,Dento,and new styled region even replacing staple characters like Jenny and Joy(which kinda sucks).

Point is that i watched all seasons so far and ill probably continue to do so.
Speaking of some members being prone to degrade Johto,all i can say is how lot of things are being blown way out of proportion in here.

First of all "filler hell" some like to talk about,was full of one of best episodes in entire history of this show and if they actually took of their glasees full of hatred they would realize how this region had its good points aswell with Ash,Misty and Brock having great moments in there.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I will continue to watch as long as it continues. I don't think I will ever quite from the anime, its the best show.

Judgement

I did not watch DP because I felt like the trio of Dawn, Ash and Brock was pretty boring. And to add to it, I'm not overly fond of 4th gen pokemon in general.

BW looks like it'll be fairly interesting and fresh on the other hand, and I'm already liking Iris way more than I ever did Dawn. Also, I'm extremely curious as if to N will be appearing in the anime, and if he will have some kind of connection with Iris.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I'll keep watching the series. although Sinnoh got on my nerves due to the number of fillers, but this time, I am expecting better.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
I watched the first season of Pokemon back when I was a 3 year-old kid, I stopped right after it ended, then got back in Johto, then stopped in the middle of AG, then rewatched it again when DP started. The reason I stopped at some points was becoz unlike u guys, I don't have Pokemon on TV, I bought DVD to watch it so when they stopped coming out, I have to stop as well but now that I can watch it on the internet, I'm not gonna stop watching it anytime soon :)
So pre-AG fan and will watch BW!

dawn hater

Completely intentional counter-trolling. I figure if it's okay for him to go off on completely off-topic hate speeches in literally every post he makes, it's okay for me to post my completely uncensored true feelings as well. I'm getting kinda bored with it though, he never posts enough to even reply to half of it. It's always one post per thread to bash the entire DP series. In a way I'm just trying to annoy the rabid nostalgia fanboys. Because of that I'll probably just ignore his posts from now on.

Anyway, nothing in BW leads me to believe it'll be a bad saga. So why not?

But does that makes difference? I mean he bashes something in 100% of his posts while you bash other things in 70% of your posts. In the end you are both basher. What was the last time when you didn't bashed Johto for a day? Maybe last year?

TicoPokemonMaster

I voted for pre AG fan and will continue watching.
The only time I took a break was the span of episodes from Spencer's frontier battle to Brandon's frontier battle. And it wasn't because I was tired of the series It was that I was busy durning that thime with the SATs and other school work as I was about to graduate high school. I have caught up with some of the episodes I missed but not all of the episodes are available.

I think BW with bring a fresh fill to the series.

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
Pre-AG, and I'll keep watching.

Hey, each saga only gets better and better, so why not? I have no attachments to any old characters, so if it gets boring or whatever, I'll stop watching. Lots of other things to do or watch.

Sandstormmaster

Abstract mind
I've been watching the show since the very beginning. I endured all I could till AG but I finally stopped around the BF because it just got stale. DP, IMO, was a fresh start in many ways and got me back into the series. BW looks like a mixed bag as I'm liking the new pokemon but kind of down on the new characters so I'll probably take a break but I'll give BW a fair shot first. So... I guess pre-AG who is taking a break.

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
I picked pre- AG fan and will continue to watch BW.

I first saw Pokémon from day one in Kanto way back in the late 90´s and actually watched up until mid- AG, then took a short break, during the mid- Hoenn quest, and then watched late Hoenn and Kanto BF. DP I started to follow, took a short break mid- DP and started watching again after around half a year. I have however seen the missed eps on reruns and so. Now I want to see how BW will be.