• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Control Freaks Contest Royal - TT RPG (Rated PG-13)

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
This RPG is based on the first Teen Titans cartoon series (as opposed to Teen Titans Go and Young Justice. . . or any of the comics), and takes place sometime after the episode “For Real”, and theoretically before the final episodes (though I suppose nothing about it prevents it from taking place later), and is less serious in nature than some of our Teen Titan RPGs have been. . . You don’t really have to know anything about the show to play (it's pretty much basic, you're a superhero fare), but those who have may drop spoilers, so you’ve been warned.

I’m currently listing this as rated PG-13 (but that may change based on popular opinion or sign-ups). It’s intended to account for mild violence, mild profanity, and suggestive content no stronger than innuendos.

Loading. . . Loading. . . Loading. . .
ControlFreak has joined the chatroom. . .

ControlFreak: Hello my chatroom chums.

RainyDazeGhost: Yo! CF’s back!

BloggingForBats: Haven’t seen you on in a while.

LuckyDucky_0381: Hey man!

ControlFreak: So apparently the Teen Titans East are just as real of heroes as the Original Titans.

Bobby_1998: Yeah, they’re pretty awesome aren’t they?

LuckyDucky_0381: That’s because he was in the big house Bats!

RainyDazeGhost: Especially Bumblebee, she’s the real star of the group.

ControlFreak: It makes me wonder about the other new Titans. . .

BloggingForBats: Yeah right. . . The real Control Freak wouldn’t have time for us.

RainyDazeGhost: So mean, girl.

Bobby_1998: He is too the real Control Freak!

ControlFreak has left the chatroom. . .

Control Freak swiveled in his desk chair, passing by his multi-screen set-up. Several of the screens were displaying internet sites, including the log-out page of chat-site he’d just left, while others were devoted to playing movies and TV; currently “The Core”, “Paranormal Witness”, “Minions”, “Big Bang Theory”, and “The Hunger Games”. He snatched up his remote as he reached the edge of the desk, and held it in both hands looking at it contemplatively for a moment. Then spoke narcissistically to the air, “That’s right, I don’t have time for you,” and stood up, “I've got bigger fish to fry.”

He pointed the remote back over his shoulder at the media set-up on his desk, and pressed the master power button without looking. The screens went black, the cacophony of sounds cut out, and the green and blue LEDs on the monitors and the various machines below the desk, went out or turned red.

In their continuing effort to make the world safer, the Teen Titans have continued to set-up new towers in other cities for local young heroes to use as their headquarters. You’ve recently joined one such tower in Chromium City, a city which due to it’s close proximity to Jump City, has a high rate of migrant criminals. In order to combat this issue while adjusting to a new lifestyle, your tower has temporarily been assigned 8 ‘young heroes’ rather than the usual 5 or 6.

You team is only just getting to know each other, but you’re all already wondering which heroes will leaving, once the tower is well established. The team that remains needs to be one that works well together and respects their leader. . . Oh, yeah, there’s also no assigned leader yet, and the team is more or less taking turns right now, mostly based on whoever decides to take the lead at the moment. Though it has quickly become an unspoken rule not to question the current leader in front of villains, in order to put up a unified front.

You awaken disoriented. After a moment, you realize you’re back in the tower with your teammates, all of whom seem groggy as well. The tower seems funny, it’s dark and quite, like the power has been cut off. A quick check of the nearest light switch confirms the situation.

You realize that you’d fallen unconscious, but the details are little fuzzy. You might have been surveying your city from a rooftop, when suddenly someone grabbed you from behind, covering your face. You might have been enjoying a drink from your favorite smoothie joint, when suddenly you felt incredibly sleepy. Or maybe you were at the tower to start with, training for combat, or working on the surveillance systems.

Your team wanders the tower, meeting up with one another, commenting on the strange situation (why do you all have gaps in your memory?), and finally making your way to the common room (you know the one, the big room with the kitchen, couch, control console, and huge TV). Whilst you continue to ponder how you got back to the tower, and what exactly is going on, suddenly the big-screen TV flickers on.

The screen fills with the pasty visage of a chubby red headed young man with early male pattern baldness, in a trench coat and light battle armor. His booming excited voice fills the room, “Welcome Contestants! For your various skills, your team has been chosen to prove your heroic worth in. . . Control Freak’s First Contest Royal!”

“And who the Duat are you?” asks Amanuma, the snarky mummy with a pessimistic streak, deciding to take the lead. It wasn’t hard for him to be the first to decide to take the lead, given that most of your team was still groggy. His posed suggests disbelief despite most of his face not being visable; bent knee, tilted head, and upturned palm.

Control Freak’s face gets larger as if he is leaning into the camera, eyes squinting, his expression turns livid, and he screams, “I am Control Freak! How could that even not be obvious? I'm the Teen Titan's greatest nemesis! I have encyclopedic knowledge of all things TV, video game, comic, and internet! I have the strength of a Klingon and the stealth of Foxface, the technical knowledge of both McGuiver and The Doctor, with the fighting skills of Luke Skywalker combined with Jackie Chan. Truly, I am a formidable foe!”

“Sounds like you’re compensating,” snickers Amanuma. For a moment, a wave of relief rushes over you and the other young heroes, who are now reassured that this obese ‘Control Freak’ is no real threat. Control Freak lets out a frustrated Irken battle scream, stepping back and hitting something off-screen with his fist. The lights, appliances, and electronics in the tower scream to life, behaving in an absolutely crazy and erratic manner (the lights and TV flicker, the blender and microwave scream at full power, the fridge and oven doors open and close of their own accord, and from somewhere deep in the tower Icelandic pop star Baba’s ‘Disco Girl’ can be heard playing at full volume), then everything goes dead again. Breathing hard, Control Freak straightens up and composes himself, “So, my young heroes. . . as I was saying. . .”

Amanuma, unfazed by the electric tantrum, displays his famous inability to know when to shut up, “I’m not really that young. I’m like a couple thousand years old, so is it cool if I just leave now?”

“No! No, you cannot leave! You’re part of this team aren’t you, Imhotep?” rages Control Freak. Amanuma blinks blankly, suggesting he doesn’t get the reference. Control Freak checks his watch, “Damnit quit wasting my time, ‘Grimm’ is on in like, 3 minutes. So look, I'm the Dungeon Master. . . and I think you’ll agree this first challenge is a classic! I’ve hidden four bombs around the city. Just split into pairs or whatever, then locate, and defuse the bombs. . . You have 2 hours, starting. . .” he reaches off-screen once more, “Now! . . And may the odds be ever in your favor!”

The screen goes black, then a couple seconds later all the power returns to the tower, at normal levels. Amanuma turns his head to look at the reactions of the rest of the team, commenting generally, “Well. . . Sh*t.”

Every other week (real world time) the team will be presented with a new challenge, regardless of the status of the last challenge. Assume Control Freak has things set up so he can end or start any challenge at any point, like a boss. Anyways, anyone who doesn’t post with the two weeks given, may be considered Dead, Hospitalized, or Captured at the GM’s discretion.

This should last about 2 1/2 months (4 challenges + the final battle with Control Freak), but we can extend or shorten that (more or less challenges) depending on how everyone feels about it (we're gonna need a Discussion Thread, yah?). - After this first challenge, I’ll try to cater the others to truly testing everyone’s powers and weaknesses, based on sign-ups.

Approved Players

HEROES:
1) VampirateMace - “Amanuma” Amunemopet
2) Monster Guy - “Violet Lantern” Max
3) Sketchie - “Nightmare” Lucas
4) TheCharredDragon - “Canis Ryder/Hunter Sigbin” Linda
5) Schade - “Wonder Boy” Archie
6) Titan500 - “Armoury (II)” Camilla
7) Cobalt XIV *RESERVED*
8)

VILLAINS:
1) Control Freak (Major NPC - to be played by VampirateMace, unless otherwise stated)

Sign-up form:
(You may only sign-up as a hero for the purposed of this RPG, also please refrain from making a second character until we know all interested players got a slot. You can make-up minor baddies for each other to fight between challenges, but your main character is you hero.)

Super Name: Your superhero name

Civilian Name, or Secret Identity: Your birth name, or other alias(es)

Age: Preferably between 13 and 19, but there can be acceptations. Such as, Cyborg being trapped in a teenage robo-body could now be older than that, or child geniuses can be younger than that.

Powers, Gadgets, and Skills:
Since this is a non-serious RPG, I’m going to try to give you more freedom than usual, but don’t be ridiculous; you still can’t be an all-powerful god. Also, any spell casters should pick specialties rather than being able to do anything.
- Remember to include a method of transportation (not teleportation).
- Include non-super power skills if they are relevant or interesting.

Personality: 8+ sentences on your mental state

Appearance: 8+ sentences of how you look (include your costume)

History: 10+ sentences on your past

ME:

Super Name: Amanuma

Civilian Name(s), Secret Identity: Amunemopet (Real), Dexter Johnson (Alias)
(While Amanuma’s true name is Amunemopet, and he lets others call him Amanuma because it’s easier for them to pronounce, and Dexter Johnson is a name he uses online and undercover.)

Faction: Hero

Age: 18 in appearance, but a couple thousand years older in reality…

Amanuma’s powers are twofold, he has ancient Egyptian sorcery he learned in life, and the power to manipulate his bandages to wrap-up enemies and create tripwires.

1) His Bandages - Amanuma has a finite (limited) amount of bandages, once they run out he is left with nothing to manipulate, and wearing only his loincloth and thick gold bead and ankh necklace (or whatever he’d been wearing aside from bandages). The amount of bandages he wears is enough to cocoon an average size man in two neat layers, needless to say such neat wrapping are hard to do in battle, and Amanuma generally only considers it as a last resort. He could probably also grab something with them if he really needed to.

2) His spells (See history) - Despite having turned his back on the religion he once devoted his whole being to, and in fact all religions, Amanuma still has the ability to use the magic he learned as a priest. However he can only use two spells at a time. Most of his spells pertain to the deity Sobek; Water/Floods, Healing, Crocodiles/Reptiles, and Repelling Evil. He’s also found an illusion spell that allows him to appear as a living human temporarily, but the results in him being limited to one spell without losing his disguise.
- He can summon a giant crocodile for travel purposes.

3) Amanuma is also somewhat skilled in several martial arts, which he learned post-mortem, limiting his ability to get better at them somewhat, since he can’t actually get stronger or improve his reaction time, only memorize the movements better so his performance of them is smoother. His reaction time isn’t bad though.

4) Also, he knows at least four languages; Ancient Egyptian, English, Japanese, and Spanish.

Personality:
Though Amanuma is best described as bitter and disillusioned, he has a good heart (which is pretty much the only organ he has left) and will help anyone who’s in trouble.

Amanuma was disappointed to be woken back into this world, and has since taken a severely atheist point of view, but he lets others believe as they will, and only points out his beliefs when it is relevant to the conversation. Which isn’t to say he’s non-confrontational, because in fact, he can be one mean son of a. . . well, you get the idea. . . he just doesn’t care what others believe.

Actually, he can be quite kind at times, looking out for his friends and fellow heroes, though friendship with him usually comes with a heavy dose of tough love. Amanuma tends to be unintentionally emotionally abusive, as he finds nothing wrong with pointing out (and making fun of) the flaws of others or their creations. But it doesn’t mean he doesn’t like you, it’s simply that his bitterness and disillusionment tend to inhibit his ability to be tactful most of the time. Despite this, Amanuma is very polite when meeting new people (with a few exceptions), suspiciously polite. And continued politeness may be a sign that he, in fact, doesn’t like you.

Amanuma is also fairly knowledgeable on a wide range of subjects, having traveled and studied in several countries, in addition to having been part of the educated class in his time. Of the things he once valued, little more than the desire for continued learning has survived.

Appearance:
Amanuma’s appearance is for all practical purposes, that of a horror movie style mummy, complete with glazed milky white eyes. Anyone familiar with Egyptology will note that real mummies are generally not wrapped that way, however Amanuma needs the free range of motion this style of wrapping provides in order to move, and has thus adopted them. Over his bandages he wears a thick elaborate necklace of gold beads with an ankh shaped charm, as well as a white loincloth with a djed charm attached to it. Sometimes he carries a faded multi-color over the shoulder bag he got in Mexico.

A few of Amanuma’s distinguishing features can still be made out through the bandages, including his square jaw and long hands. Due to a slight curve in his spine, Amanuma’s right shoulder appears to sit lower than his left most of the time.

Under his wrappings Amanuma has deep brown leather-like skin, withered and shriveled tight on his skeletal frame. He’s also got a long cut down his left side where his organs where removed. Without his wrapping further details of his face can be seen, his decomposed nose, and traces of black and green make-up still clinging to the skin around his eyes. Keeping with some standard of decency, Amanuma usually wears a pair of cat patterned pajama boxers when out of his bandages.

Amanuma does not smell of full-on decay, but still has a slight unpleasant scent, something like poorly made jerky (yes, I actually have smelled a mummy, science is fun). He does not eat (his stomach is not even present in his body), but he does drink sterilized (via boiling to reduce bacteria) liquids such as tea and coffee, to help keep his body from getting too brittle, and thus ripping/breaking when he moves.

When disguised as Dexter, he casts a spell over himself to look alive again. It’s a fairly complicated bit of magic somewhat out of his comfort zone, and therefore has a few weak points, such as his reflection still being that of a mummy, and his brown eyes not being completely free of their usual milky glaze. The effect is fairly good overall though, as he looks like a tall dark-skinned teen with some distinctive features. Both his square jaw and slightly curved spine are more his green polo and jeans than they were in bandages, but his hands and limbs fleshed out a little, look a lot less spindly and awkward than they normally do. Actually, the bandages are still there under the clothes that he traded his loincloth and thick necklace for, but they’re enchanted so the viewer thinks they see skin. White socks and black sneakers complete the disguise.

History:
Amanuma was once a priest in the temple of Sobek (the crocodile headed god who offered protection from crocodiles, fertilized the Nile, dispelled evil, and could cure illness), pretty high up in the hierarchy too, but he was killed when rebels broke into the temple and attacked several members of the priesthood.

Amanuma was mummified, wrapped in a red shroud (being a priest), and place in a tomb to await his journey to the afterlife. It never came, instead he was reawakened when 19th century archeologists broke into his tomb. Concerned that his writhing corpse was a sign that someone had been attacked and dressed as a mummy, the archeologists unwrapped him, then ran in horror as they realized that he really was a mummy.

It was that day Amanuma lost all his faith in there being any power beyond humanity and magic. Afterward, he traveled the Earth, trying to find some new purpose for his life, or rather afterlife. He traveled to England and then America, the countries the archeologists had come from, to see if perhaps their universities and scholars had stumbled upon some revelation or answer for his continued existence, but there were none to be found. He studied martial arts with a Japanese master as a means of trying to find inner peace. And though he learned to fight with a higher degree of skill (he couldn’t actually get stronger, being dead), the inner peace never came. He later journeyed to Mexico where legends of reanimated dead and mythical beast abounded. He was treated as a local celebrity in the town where he stayed, but never ran into anyone like himself. There were mummies there, but none that could walk or talk.

Eventually he turned to fighting crime as an outlet for his pent up frustration. He may no longer believe in the Egyptian gods, but he still wishes to do good for society. He originally joined an organization called Hero House (with a young marital artist he’d met, Banpei), but finding it crude and disorganized, he eventually left to fight crime solo, and eventually joined the Teen Titans after meeting Robin.

When asked if he wanted to join the new tower team, at least temporarily, Amanuma replied indifferently, “Eh, I could try that.”

In reality, he kind of likes his new team (most of them at least), and it’s actually kind of nice living in a place that wasn’t rundown when he got there for once. The city’s not bad either, aside from the crime.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I'll reserve a space!

5lYXXjU.png
pu2g.png

I have to decide if I want to use Violet Lantern or Sugarplum. (Using both is not an option even if we were allowed to because they are too similar in personality.)

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Definitely interested. But since I'm gonna go on a trip tomorrow, I won't be able to put up a sign up until after Monday so...reserve, I guess? (I wish I could do a duo though...) But if the spots are filled with finshed SUs before then, I won't mind.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
You mean as in twins? Or their powers are deeply connected to the other? Or both? Either way, I don't think they're like those two...

Sketchie

literally some guy
I'M BRINGING BACK MY BABY or at least, an AU version of my baby... i am also not reading Wealth of Nations like i should be so rip me
EDIT: I am so, so sorry. I know you said 10+ but my histories get... long. Sorry.

Super Name: Nightmare
Civilian Name, or Secret Identity: Lucas Spenser Moncrief

- Umbrakinesis: Shadow manipulation, to put it simply. He can create physical manifestations of darkness to aid him in travel or fighting, similar to Raven's or Green Lantern's powers. He can also "vanish" into existing shadows and move around from there. However, once he's there, he's trapped if the room gets too bright as to not have shadows.
- Dreamy Stuff: I have absolutely no idea what to call this. Fight Me. So. Lucas has a passive power to manipulate dreams. He is also able to put people to sleep by touching his fingers to their temples. How his Dreamy Powers work is the person he'll be manipulating is asleep, obviously. (If they're not asleep, well, then how is he supposed to do the thing? He can't.) Lucas will start out awake. He concentrates hard on the person he's manipulating, and once he's made contact, falls into a sleep-like state as well. From there, he "taps" into the person's dreams, and virtually becomes the overlord and can warp the dream as he pleases. He does have to be careful though, as he can wake the person up, and them waking up while he's still in their dreams is a painful experience. Will this ever pop up in the RP? Who knows.
- Superhuman Durability: Self explanatory.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: Lucas is especially proficient with his fists if shadows fail. (And let's be honest, Luc just likes punching things.)
- Manipulation in general: What can I say, the kid's good at lying. Like, really good at lying.
- Other: He's bisexual which TOTALLY counts as a power, and is also fluent in German and English. (German is his first language.)

Personality: Lucas is an upbeat kind of guy, kind and always has other's best interest at heart. He adores making friends and being surrounded by people. He usually has a smile on his face, and is always happy to help his friends. He loves the attention, he loves the lights, he loves being loved. He's incredibly romantic and spontaneous, coming up with activities on the spot is a natural talent of his. He's passionate about everything he does, even the small things. Lucas is an incredibly talented musician, and can play nearly any instrument he tries because of how long and how hard he's worked at it. He's especially proficient in viola, guitar, and vocals, and is usually humming one tune or another. If you watch him fight, you'll notice he fights to a rhythm, and you might even see him counting the beats out. He's also quite responsible, and very good at managing finances. Lucas is empathetic, incredibly empathetic, and can easily figure out what others are feeling, and his emotions will match theirs.

He enjoys a wide variety of pursuits besides music, athletics being one of them. Though he's never been good at sports involving a ball, he's a talented ice skater and ballroom dancer, and he's also very good at fistfighting. He likes going to the gym, especially when he's in a bad mood, because working out and getting stronger helps him feel again, and get his mind off things. He loves the delicateness of ice skating and ballroom dancing, and has become very strong through a lot of lifting other people up in both areas. He does enjoy a good video game from time to time, but he prefers storyline over anything else. Pokemon has always been a favorite for him because of this, and he adores Banette, having one on every game possible. He hates alcohol, as it makes his symptoms worse, and refuses to drink it. He also hates coffee. He's also a cuddler, and can be very very touchy and huggy and "dude let's hold hands aw ye."

However, he's easily annoyed, and his annoyance is usually shown by explosive anger. His emotions are extreme than normal (i.e. he gets really angry by simple annoyances), especially the more negative emotions. His reactions with other people tend to be more intense also, and he doesn't handle criticism, unkindness, or rejection well. He's clingy and dependant, often having a "favorite person" who he's always trying to get attention from. Though Lucas is incredibly skilled at emotional empathy (knowing and feeling what others are feeling), he lacks cognitive empathy (knowing what others are thinking basically). If someone around him is upset, he'll automatically believe himself to be the cause even if he's done absolutely nothing. He's sensitive to sudden changes in attention (be it an increasement or decreasement), and if there's a sudden decrease in attention he often starts panicking. Lucas can't focus very well, and is also very impulsive, never really thinking things through. He can also be very moody, and occasionally goes through periods of "swinging," usually an hour or so of extreme mood swings. He has absolutely no sense of self, and clings to the things he's good at or praised for in hopes of keeping some personality he can call his own.

Lucas's greatest fears are being alone and being abandoned. Lucas will usually try to make friends wherever he goes because of this. He cannot stand being alone, and insists he always has someone with him. He doesn't sleep well if there isn't someone nearby. Due to terrible, violent nightmares, he has to take medications to suppress his dreams. If he is alone (he isn't alone as long as he can see someone, whether known or unknown), he tends to do either one of two things- dissociate himself, or throws a fit of crying, screaming, and cutting. Lucas can sometimes feel hollow or empty, which hurts quite a bit for not being able to feel anything during those periods. Lucas occasionally cuts himself. Though he's gotten a lot better, it's still a reoccurring problem for him.He's triggered by anger, feeling "hollow," sadness, rejection, or being alone. Sometimes he does it for the heck of it.

Though Lucas struggles with mental illness (PTSD and BPD, specifically), he has made great strides in keeping it all under control, and to most people it would seem nothing was ever wrong in the first place.

Appearance: Lucas is gorgeous. In my opinion, anyway. He stands tall at 6' 3", has some build to him. His head is triangular, with a well defined chin and angular features. He has short, pitch black hair that he spikes up in the front, and thin, well trimmed sideburns. His eyes are expressive and emerald green. He has thin lips that are usually drawn up in a smile and an angular nose. His ears are pierced, and he usually has black studs in. His body is fairly proportional, with toned arms and legs. His hands are averaged sized, and his feet are a little larger than average. His core muscles are very well defined, and he's been told he has very nice biceps. His collarbones and hipbones are very well defined. He has 1 to 2 inch long scars covering his left arm, and an X scar on his left wrist. There are also two other longer scars, one on his left pectoral and the other on his right side, though they are barely noticeable.

When he's not all dressed up, Lucas is honestly pretty lazy in dress. He's typically wearing some tank top or another, usually in shades of either green or gray. He has a collection of various skinny jeans and shorts, and switches back between the two often. He likes wearing converse, or no shoes at all. He does, however, put effort into his appearance when he needs to dress fancily, and has a collection of assorted Interesting Ties (also known as his Dad Ties. He really likes ties, okay.).

I would love to say that Nightmare has a very fancy costume... but Lucas honestly just doesn't care for over-the-top attire besides his Ties. When he's Nightmare, Lucas goes shirtless, and wears slim black pants. He might wear shoes. You'd think the kid just doesn't think about it, but in reality his aesthetic is just too simple for anything else. He realizes it's a bad idea to be shirtless, but he'd rather be a bada** than worry about bad ideas.

History: NOW FOR THE THING I'M ACTUALLY GOOD AT *cackles maniacally* Trigger warning for abuse, self harm, suicide, murder... suffice it to say that Lucas Moncrief's history is likely the worst out of all of my characters.

Lucas was born to Luana and Isaac Maxwell. Isaac and Luana were an arranged marriage -- Luana was the heir to Cranford and Company, Isaac the heir to Moningstar Incorporated. As part of the agreement, neither could take on the other's last name, but they chose a middle ground. Maxwell was chosen because it was an English name, the origin of Cranford, and it began with M, for Morgenstern. Due to Isaac not wanting Lucas to grow up overly pampered and sheltered, they moved from Germany to America where Lucas would enjoy a relatively normal life (though, let's be honest, they were so well off they could live just about anywhere they wanted). Isaac loved Lucas very much, and spent a lot of time with him. A couple months before Lucas started school at five, Luana became pregnant with her second child. Tragically, it ended in a miscarriage. After that, Luana was never the same. She started to be more introverted, spending more time with herself than with Lucas or Isaac, and she started to be much more violent and unpredictable, yelling at Lucas for the silliest things. Isaac started to worry about Lucas, but unfortunately, work got in the way. Due to Isaac being poised to take over both Morningstar and Cranford, he had to spend increasingly more time overseas in Germany. This, sadly, allowed Luana to get worse. The abuse got worse and worse, and while I, Sketchie, know what happens to this poor boy, due to its incredibly disturbing nature will not be revealing past Luana beating Lucas nearly every day. The scar on his pectoral and side were both created by Luana. Luana created a system of warped rules, that Lucas strictly followed (punishment could range from another beating, to being forced to stay up all night, to being starved a day or two). He lost his voice, never speaking a word at his house. But he would sing. In the dead of night, when he was certain his mother was asleep, he would make up little melodies for himself. And he sang songs of hope for the future. "But Sketchie!" someone from the corner whines. "Child Protection Services!!" Oh, sweetie from the corner, worse things happen that go right past CPS. With Luana's incredible knack at being motherly when everyone was watching (including her own husband, who mostly lived in Germany due to work), everyone thought the problem was in Lucas, not Luana.

Life continued like this until around the time Lucas was ten years old. Lucas had had it with his mother's behavior, and one day, while Luana was gone and Isaac was home, Lucas gathered up the courage to tell Isaac. You would think this is where we get a happy ending, but I'm merely writing a history planned two years ago, and alas, there is no happy ending for the Maxwell family. Isaac had a handgun. It had been passed down for generations and would go to Lucas when he came of age. It was truly gorgeous, blue tulips adoring an ivory grip. It was kept in a safe that only the eldest of each generation knew the code to. Unfortunately, Isaac made a fatal mistake. He left the safe unlocked, giving Luana access to the gun only two months prior. December 18th. Two days before Lucas's tenth birthday. Lucas tells Isaac all. Isaac is heartbroken, racked with guilt at being such a neglectful father for five years. Isaac waits for Lucas to go to bed, before confronting Luana. Everything snaps. Luana pulls the gun from somewhere nearby (she had been using it to scare Lucas only a few days earlier) and begins to fire. One shot through the lightbulb. One shot through the floor. One shot through the piano. One shot through the window. One shot through Isaac's knee. Isaac cries out. A neighbor has been awoken. They are afraid, but for all the wrong reasons. Luana, calm and collected and insane, sets the gun down on the table. She walks into Lucas's room, takes him by the ear and slams him out of bed. She then drags Lucas into the dining room, and sets Lucas across from his father. Luana goes off on some rant, though her speech is slurred and incomprehensible. One shot through the lightbulb. One shot through the kitchen floor. One shot through the piano. One shot through the window. One shot through Isaac's knee.

One shot through Isaac's head.

In one quick motion, Luana had grabbed the gun, and shot her husband through the temple. She walked over to Lucas and placed the gun to his head. A neighbor awoke a long time ago. They are afraid, but for all the wrong reasons. They called the police, afraid for the Maxwell household. The trigger is pulled. The gun never fires. Police break down the doors. They rescue a dead father, a disowned mother, and a broken son.

With Isaac dead, and Luana in prison, Lucas couldn't stay in his home. Both of Luana's parents were dead, and Isaac's parents were living in Germany dying. The caseworker decided it wasn't suitable for Lucas to travel all the way to Germany, so Lucas was put into foster care. He went to a couple houses around the city, before coming to the Moncrief home. Elaine and Ollie Moncrief were a nice couple, and had been married for seven years. They already had a child, five-year-old Matthew, and Elaine was pregnant with another son, to be named Markus. Elaine was a mechanical engineer, and Ollie was a doctor. Elaine and Ollie took Lucas into their home gladly, and after a few months Lucas was adopted. Lucas abandoned the Maxwell name, and took on the Moncrief name. But, the years of abuse and the traumatic night of his father's death had taken a toll on the boy. He refused to speak unless spoken to, and cried if anyone raised their voices too loud. Elaine, an abuse survivor herself, aided in Lucas's recovery. One month after Lucas arrived at the Moncrief home was the first time he said a word unprompted, and you could see the relief and joy in Elaine's and Ollie's eyes. However, around this time began the nightmares. Turbulent, terrorizing, violent nightmares that shook Lucas to the core, leaving him tossing and screaming night after night. Though Lucas had already been seeing a psychiatrist, they took him to a specialized doctor to see what was going on. Everything pointed to Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, and Lucas was put on medication to suppress the nightmares.

The nightmares stopped. Lucas simultaneously got better and he got worse. He began to talk more. He stopped singing solely at night, and began to sing whenever he felt. Elaine bought him a guitar and a viola for his 11th and 12th birthday, hoping music would help heal the pain. And it helped to an extent. Lucas got better. Lucas got worse. As time went on, it was evident something was seriously wrong. He was so incredibly irritable and moody. And reckless. Mostly in terms of sexuality. He lost his virginity when he was only fourteen, and since has had partner after partner after partner. Life was a game and Lucas was too angry and in so much pain that he didn't care what happened to him. He just wanted to play. Needless to say, Elaine was concerned, and began to take him to another psychiatrist. After months of evaluation and attempted therapy, they reluctantly diagnosed him with Borderline Personality Disorder. Over time and with several therapy sessions, Lucas was able to straighten things out again, and learned how to control his emotions. To a point. It's a process. During this whole mess of mid teen years, he and four of his friends decided to start a band. They named it Russian Roulette, partially because of a band member's nationality, partially because of the role guns have played in Luc's life, and also because of a Bring Me the Horizon song.

Around the time Lucas was 15, he noticed strange things happening around him. He found himself able to control shadows to an extent, even create shadows as he worked at it. It was fun, though he wasn't quite sure why or how it was happening. Lucas's life went on as normal as it could be until he was 17. One fateful night, when the rest of his family were out of the house, and Lucas was alone, he started to go into his panic mode. Trying to suppress it, he made himself a nice warm bath, and just soaked. Then he started to think, and his thoughts spiraled out of control. He started thinking that he was truly alone, that he had been abandoned by everyone. Not having people in the house made it worse. Somehow, his mind found a conclusion - it would be better if I didn't exist. In his state of cloudy thinking, he grabbed his razor from the counter, took a deep breath, and cut two slits in his left wrist. He leaned back, watching his blood color the water red, and fell asleep.

When Lucas woke up, he was in the hospital, an IV in his arm and his family gathered by his bed. Elaine told him that when they had come home, Matthew had found him unconscious in bloodstained water. Freaked out, Matthew told Elaine and Ollie. From the time Lucas slit his wrist to the time the rest of the Moncrief family found him, Lucas had lost a lot of blood, and was as pale as snow. Ollie found a way to stop the bleeding, bandage the cut, and dress Lucas quickly. They took him to the hospital where Ollie worked, and were able to give him a blood transfusion. After a few days, Lucas was able to go home. After a long talk with his parents, Lucas retired to his room to think. As he thought, he realized something. The pain he felt when he cut himself... felt good. Secretly, he took the razor in his hand again, and slid it across his shoulder. And to him, it felt wonderful. Cutting became a drug to him. He knew it was going to destroy him, but he felt himself coming back again and again.

Eventually, he graduated high school. In secret, throughout his high school career, he had worked on his shadow manipulation skills until they were quite good. He never really brought it up around anyone, but during his senior year of high school, he began to take on some vigilante work. Mostly out of boredom, but there was that twinge of recklessness and that thirst for feeling. Shortly after turning eighteen, he met Robin out of sheer luck, and joined the Teen Titans under the codename of Nightmare. It seemed fitting, as he had figured out how to tap into the dreams of others, as well as the reason for his own lack of dreams. At nineteen, he was asked if he would join a temporary tower in Chromium City. Not having any better to do, he accepted, and joined with the rest where he is today.

(I'm very sorry, my histories get long and I'm pretty sure his is the longest. I hope you at least sort of enjoyed reading this and I also hope I didn't hurt anyone or anything, and if I did, I sincerely apologize.)

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Super Name: Wonder Boy
Civilian Name, or Secret Identity: Arcturus, first son of Themyscira. Nicknamed "Archie"
Powers: Divine empowerment: Arcturus was granted powers from the Gods of Olympus when he became of age. These powers are the same as the other amazons of Themyscira, and include:
- Superhuman Strength: He is by far stronger than an average human
- Superhuman Stamina: He can go for long periods of time without the need for resting.
- Superhuman Reflexes: He reacts quicker than normal humans in a given situation. This ability is also improved by training.
- Suoerhuman Durability: He can endure high levels of physical harm, though, he is far from invincible.
- Accelerated Healing: He can recover from bodily injuries or disease at a superhuman rate.
- Flight.
- Knowledge of Magic.

Skills:
- Like all Amazons, Arcturus is well trained to fight with various weapons and in the martial arts, and often practices with a double-sided spear, which is Arcturus' personal weapon of choice.

Weaknesses:
- He is not good at fighting multiple assailants at once, and can be taken down by being outnumbered.

Appearance:
STEosXe.png
IHCgWaB.png

Arcturus is a bit above average height for guys his age, and has a slender, yet physically fit body due to all his training on Themyscira and regular workouts in general. His skin is tanned, making a slight contrast to his usually serious deep blue eyes. His hair is black, and has a naturally spiky style which requires little effort to maintain. His face has a well defined chin, and slightly angular features overall, making him look somewhat strict.

His outfits are pretty basic for a guy of his origin. For everyday wear, he enjoys dressing comfortable. His regular outfit consists of a red short-sleeved shirt which he keeps unbuttoned at top, adding to the laid back look. He also wear bright blue skinny jeans, and a simple pair of black boots. He also wears a light brown belt with a golden "W" buckle.

His "Superhero costume" is a mixture between modern-day wear and the classic amazon style from back on Themyscira. He wears a pair of simple, light blue jeans, and tough military boots to enable better mobility. He wears a sleeveless black chest armor, decorated in gold, matching to his spear. He also wears a pair of black fingerless gloves with golden stars on them. The outfit is carefully selected to be as mobile as possible during fights. The armor itself is a ceremonial armor he obtained before leaving his home-island.

Personality: Arcturus is a very calm and collected person that always has the best of others interests at heart. He is kind and treassure friendships over most other things in his life. He is loyal, and respectful to those he deem worthy of it. To others, he can come across as somewhat of a douche. Though he doesn't love being the center of a social setting, he enjoys being social with his friends although he would stay a bit in the background. He is usually a silent and collected type that never rushes into things unprepared. He is also fairly short tempered, and would snap is something happens outside of what he predicted.

If there is one thing he loves, it is a good fight. Often taking on the stronger enemies around in a conflict, he has a warriors heart after his time on Themyscira, and tends to go all out, more or less regardless of the situation, which can sometimes lead to humorous misunderstandings. Though he is a trained tactician, his aching for battle sometimes lead him to hit first and ask questions later, much to his own annoyance. His bravado also make him seem douchier than usual at times, as he take great pride in his knowledge of warfare. Though, should he be defeated, he often goes into a depressed state where he questions everything in his life. this is also the times he prefers to be alone the most, and he gets a tendency to push away the people that want to help him.

He is also fairly intelligent, and enjoy spending his time reading books regarding magic and other mythos. Because of this, he is very knowledgable when it comes to fighting magical foes, or if they come across anything magical

History: At only a few months old, he was on a ship one fearful night that somehow managed to hit a reef and sink. He was one of the few survivors, together with his father, and they managed to get out on a lifeboat. they drifted for days before they reached the shores of Paradise Island. At this point, his father and himself were the only two survivors, if so barely. His father passed away from exhaustion after delivering the message to the women that found them. "Please, take care of my son!". The amazons did as he instructed, and took him in as one of their own, naming him Arcturus. He became the adopted son of Hyppolita, the adopted brother of Wonder Woman and Donna Troy, and the first Son of Themyscira. His father was buried by the very same shores they found him on.

On the Island, Arcturus always knew he was a misfit. Not only because he was the only guy there, but because he had physiological needs, which the others didn't have. Still, this didn't stop him from doing his best, training with the others, and excelling at their academy, even from an early age. He was bullied as a child by the other children, who said things like, he didn't belong there, he had nothing to do there etc. But the adults always looked out for him.

When he became 10 years old, he was starting to fall behind the others hig age due to his lack of powers like they had. Because of this, Hippolyta plead to Zeus to give him the same set of abilities as the rest of the amazonian people. Zeus eventually gave in, after having seen how hard Arcturus tried to keep up with the others, and granted him the same powers as the ones around him. This helped him a lot, both physically as he could now train properly with the others, and mentally, as he felt like a pushover and that he didn't belong anywhere.

Even more years later, Arcturus had grown to be a fine warrior, both in tactical skill and physical labour. However, he still felt like he didn't truly fit in, and seeked guidance with one of the priestesses of the island, Sophia. she told him the story of his origin, and planted the seed in his thought that would soon sprout into his wish to leave the island to explore the world, and to bring peace with his God-given powers. Hippolyta was initialy against this, btu after a long, meaningful talk with the priestess, she allowed it.

Exploring the world, Arcturus took on the name Wonder Boy, inspired by his older sister. He helped out wherever he could, and met many interesting people along the way. After a while though, after fighting an enemy in Chronium City, he was accompanied by the superhero group Teen Titans, who took an interest in his strength, and asked him if he would be interested to join them at one of their new branches in a local Titan Tower. Not really sure what he was going to do next anyway, Arcturus accepted.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
His hero name is Violet Lantern, but he is very much a male Star Sapphire, don't you forget it!

Super Name: Violet Lantern
Civilian Name: Maxwell "Max" Hudson

Powers:

The Power Ring has a long list of abilities. For obvious reasons, I am not using all of them... The full list can be found here and here

Violet Energy Blasts: The ring can be used to fire blasts of violet energy that are powered by the love of the user.

Violet Energy Constructs: The ring can form constructs of violet energy. The constructs are made out of violet energy, which is a tangible form of pure love, and they exist only as long as the Star Sapphire is fueling it with their mastery of love. Items created by the rings are not indestructible and are only as powerful as the inspired love of the one creating them.

Violet Force Fields: The ring can create force fields of various sizes and shapes to protect the wearer and others around him.

Invisibility: By willing the ring to bend light waves around himself, as well as that of the power ring, Max can make himself and/or the ring invisible.

Crystallization: He can trap others in crystal prisons for a limited amount of time. Others on the outside can easily break the crystal.

Flight: The ring allows the user to fly at incredible speeds.

Limited Cellular Regeneration: Max can use the ring to repair minor injuries in himself or others.

Material Alteration: The ability to change into his uniform, and back. As well as change how his uniform looks. It will always have a predominantly purple color scheme.

True Love Sight: Max can show images to others of their hearts desire, or the love they are missing.

Love Attunement: He can sense love in others, and knows when love is in jeopardy. This attunement allows him to tell when others are in need of love and the state of love in their hearts, providing great insight into the personal lives of others.

Skills:

Hand to hand to combat: In addition to learning to master his ring, he also learned how to fight without it from other Star Sapphires. His fighting style mostly involves a lot of jumping around and doing backflips to avoid getting hit.

Artistic Talent: Max can draw and paint. It's probably going to be irrelevant to this RPG, but it did say list all skills.

Gadgets:

Star Sapphire Power Ring

Star Sapphire personal power battery: It is stored in a pocket dimension in his ring, and can be called upon to charge the ring.

KPgBMUF.png
sZ2Me7c.png

Appearance: Max is a tall and lean young man standing at 6'1". He is physically fit, and has an athletic toned, physique. While he hated being forced to be on the football team, he admits it's done wonders for his body, and he enjoys showing it off. He still works out regularly to maintain it, just at his own pace, and not as intense, He has a fair complexion, and his face is free of blemishes and facial hair. His strawberry blonde hair looks messy, but he likes it that way, claiming that it adds character to his look. It appears to be longer on the top than it is on the sides, and it seems to go in many different directions. He doesn't wear any hair gel, since he doesn't like the feel of stiff hair. He has a round, boyish face with wide expressive eyes that are a deep shade of blue. He often has a smile on his face.

Max's taste in clothes is pretty simple, and he mostly dresses for comfort. You would never know he comes from a rich family if you looked at his clothing choices. That doesn't mean he dislikes dressing up in fabulous clothes once in a while. He prefers bright colors, as well as any shade of purple. His favorite outfit consists of a light purple tight fitting tank top, and a dark purple cotton hoodie over it if it's cold enough. On the bottom, he wears a pair of blue jeans held up by a black belt with a metal buckle, and purple and white high top sneakers on his feet. He carries around a purple messenger bag to carry his things in.

When in Lantern mode, he wears an outfit that's just as revealing as the female members. It's supposed to be violet, but it can sometimes look pink under certain lights. It consists of a sleeveless, skintight, crop top that shows off his abs. It has the Star Sapphire insignia proudly displayed on his chest. On the bottom, he wears tight violet pants that are held up by a belt with a large buckle. He has knee high purple boots on his feet, and purple gloves on his hands that go up to his elbows. He gets a purple visor over his eyes, that does little to conceal his identity. It is really there because it looks cool. He also gets a violet tiara on top of his head. Her wears his Star Sapphire ring on his right ring finger. Max has the ability to alter the appearance of his uniform whenever he needs or wants to.

Personality: Max is a cheerful, optimistic guy who doesn't like to be bogged down with unpleasant thoughts. He enjoys laughing and making jokes with others, even in inappropriate situations. He is easygoing and friendly, which makes it easy for him to befriend people. He is really good at understanding other people's emotions, and is an emotional guy himself. He is not embarrassed to show his feelings. He cries when he is sad, and is openly affectionate towards those he cares for. Max considers himself a hopeful romantic. He has an idealistic view of love, and is passionate about these views. It was one of the reasons why he was chosen by the Violet Power ring in the first place. Sometimes even flirts with guys he finds attractive, even if they're not actually gay. He just sees it as being friendly. He truly believes in love, is driven more by his emotions than logic, and tends to act impulsively as a result. It is something he has always done, and even moreso since he became a Star Sapphire. He does not think about how his actions affect others until it is too late, and winds up feeling bad about it afterwards if something goes wrong. Someone not responding to his friendliness the way he expects makes him try harder to make that person his friend. He doesn't mind occasional teasing from friends, so long as they're laughing with him, not at him. When someone does become his friend. he gets attached to that person very easily, and can be clingy and overly dependent. He will always be in your business, will constantly call/text you, and do things for you whether you want it or not. He also doesn't take rejection very well, he'll usually deny the rejection, or come up with excuses to avoid feeling heartbroken.

Max is very sensitive, and is willing to be a shoulder to cry on, and give you some words of encouragement when you are down. It is very easy to get him to like you, and once he is your friend he will remain your friend for life. He will keep your secrets a secret, and will do what he thinks is best for you. When something bothers him, he will keep that to himself for fear of hurting someone's feelings. For him, hurt feelings hurt worse than a hurt body. If there's one thing Max can't stand, it's being forced to do something he doesn't like. He can usually respect authority, but it becomes a problem when he feels that the authority is unfair.Trying to control him is the fastest way to get him upset. When he gets upset, he will lash out. Max is the type of guy that lives in the moment, and isn't one for planning for the future, prefering to deal with things as they happen. He doesn't really like schedules or routines, finding them boring and restrictive. He can keep appointments well enough most of the time, but he tends to take on a lot of tasks on a whim, and then becomes overwhelmed when there are too many things to do, and then he'll forget things, or rush to get things done and wind up producing bad results.

Max is a creative individual. His favorite pastime is drawing and painting, and he often be found dooding in a sketch book when he has free time. In addition to his creative pursuits, he enjoys Video Games, Anime, and other things that most would consider geeky. He also has an affinity for cute things. Max doesn't care for sports all that much, after being forced to participate in them for so long. He's willing to play a few basketball games with friends sometimes, but he isn't all the serious about it. After spending years being scared of his father, and finally getting out of that situation, he has had enough of being concerned what other people thought about him. He is going to be himself, and if you don't like it, that's your problem not his. After everything that has happened to him, Max is able to empathize with others in a similar situations. He sees himself in them, and really wants to help them. This can drive some people nuts because of how overbearing he can be. He does genuinely care about people, it's just that he can go overboard sometimes.

Max does not drink any kind of alcohol, at all. It has only caused him nothing but trouble in his life. He is also uneasy in situations where other people are drinking...

History: Max Hudson was born and raised in Chromium City, where he has spent most of his life. His father is a retired athlete, while his mother was a successful businesswoman which allowed the family to live a very comfortable life. Max's father was a strict man, and had high expectations for his son. He had a low tolerance for failure, and Max was disciplined harshly when the expectations were not met. His father had always wanted his boy to follow in his footsteps, and from the moment Max could walk and talk, he pushed that dream onto him. He was sent to elite private schools to study, and was encouraged (or rather forced) to join the football team. His mother didn't agree on what her husband was doing, but the man wouldn't have any of it. Claiming that it builds character. Max hated football, but stayed with it in order to please his strict father. Over the years though, he started to develop and get stronger. That still didn't change the fact that he hated what he was being forced to do something he didn't want to do for stupid reasons. He also didn't agree with his father's ideas about how a man should act. Still, he kept his mouth shut, but resentment slowly started to build.

Growing up, Max always had an interest in art. He was often doodling in his school notes when he should have been paying attention in class. While he excelled in art classes, he wasn't good in Math, and was average everywhere else. His mother encouraged his artistic talents, but his father chastised them. Claiming that art was for sissies, and that it would never do him any good. Naturally, Max was always closer to his mother than he was with his father. Naturally, Max was always closer to his mother than he was with his father. She was the one who told him bedtime stories as a kid, which is how his view of romantic love developed. She was also the one who encouraged his artistic goals where his father never did. His parents often disagreed on a lot of other things besides how to raise their child. It was not uncommon for the two to have very heated arguments on a regular basis. It all got to be too much, and when he was ten years old, Max's mom eventually filed for divorce. She got custody of her son, and they moved out of the home they shared with Max's father. Max also took this opportunity to quit the football team, and take a proper painting class to improve his skills.

For a few years, Max was happy. He lived a comfortable life at home with his mother, he was popular in school and had a lot, and made a lot of friends. He still practiced his painting, and his grades improved. Unfortunately, it wasn't meant to last. When he was sixteen, his mother was involved in a serious car crash that left her severely wounded. She ultimately died from blood loss on the way to the hospital. He breifly was forced to live with his father, and he dealt with him for two years. Max's father imposed his ideas just like before. He forced Max onto the football team, and took away all his art supplies. Max's grades started to suffer, and he was cut from the team. Max was disciplined much worse than before, but he was happy to be done with football at least. Max's father also had started drinking after the divorce, and as Max found out, he was an angry drunk, who would go berserk, and often hit him over the slightest things. It is because of his father, that Max refuses to drink any type of alcohol.

Regardless of what was happening at home, Max still kept up a cheerful facade in front of others. Because of his resentment of his father, he tried to look for the affection he didn't get at home from others. He wanted people to like him, and tried very hard to please everyone. He constantly worried about what other people thought, and kept things secret from people that he felt would make them think negatively of him. (Such as the fact he likes My Little Pony, or that he didn't have care to listen to the guys talking about girls. He didn't find himself interested in them.) Despite feeling miserable inside, he kept smiling through the pain. Every night he cried in his pillow, and swore he would get out of this one day. Reading stories in the newspaper about Superheroes saving the world and helping people in need was one of the things that gave him hope. He always wished he could be one himself, but knew that would be impossible.

He did some rebellious things behind his father's back, like sneaking out after school to go to parties, and not coming home until very late into the night. It was at one of these parties that he met a very special guy named Robert that was close to his age. The two of them started to hit it off very quickly. After Max found out they went to the same school, the two started spending a lot of together. They had a lot of things in common, including the fact that they were both artists, lthough, Robert was more into Computer Art, while Max was into more traditional drawing and painting. It soon became clear that there relationship was more than just platonic. Max couldn't stop himself from thinking about how handsome his friend was, and had feelings about him that he never felt about anyone before, let alone another guy. He found out the feeling was mutual, and started growing closer until they eventually had their first kiss.

Max was excited about the status of his relationship, but also scared. He knew his father would never approve of him dating another guy. He definitely couldn't invite him over to his house. He kept his relationship a secret so his father wouldn't find out. It was exciting at first, but all the sneaking around had a negative effect on the relationship. Robert was openly gay, but Max was still in the closet. He wanted to be able to be public with his boyfriend. Max was worried about the reaction people would have if people found out he was dating guys. He occasionally would pretend to go out with girls so people wouldn't get suspicious, which upset Robert more. Robert gave him an ultimatum to come out, or their relationship was over. Max couldn't do it, and Robert left. Max was devestated.

Throughout all this, he was able to bring his grades up during his last year of high school, and managed to graduate. He had applied, and was accepted to a local art college behind his father's back. Of course, his dad eventually found out about this, and he was livid. A loud argument ensued at the dinner table that night, which ended up with Max coming out as Gay. Max's father was drunk at the time, and proceeded to punch him in the face a number of times, threaten to kill him, and use several gay slurs before passing out. After that, Max had enough, and ran away from home. He went to the only place he could think of to go, his ex-boyfriend's house. After knocking on the door, and explaining to Robert's parents, and Robert himself, what had happened, the family took the boy in for a while. In that time Max's father was arrested for DUI after he went to find his son that same night, Max discovered he had inherited a large sum of money from his deceased mother that his father had been keeping a secret for some time, and Max and Robert rekindled their relationship. After everything that had happened, Max stopped trying to hide parts of himself to please people. It just wasn't worth the effort. Now, he was going to live life the way he wanted, and no one was going to stop him. Max and Robert had planned to attend the same art college together, even though they majored in different things.

But before they could go through with those plans, Robert was involved in a fatal car accident with a drunk driver. He had lost his boyfriend, in the exact same way he had lost his mother. He put off starting classes, and spent a lot of nights crying alone. The sudden loss left a hole in his heart he was unable to fill. On one particular day, he was a approached by a... talking ring? It was a lot like the one Green Lantern uses, except this one was glowing with Violet energy. The ring told him that he was capable of great love, and that it would be able to grant him great power to bring love into the world, and fight against hate and fear. Max immediately accepted, and once the ring was on his finger, he was encased in a Violet Crystal in suspended animation, and sent off to the planet Zamaron. When he emerged from the crystal some time later, he was now donning a Star Sapphire uniform. He felt confident, powerful, and a lot better than he did before he got the ring. He now had a renewed sense of purpose.

Once the transformation was complete, the ring told him to do what he had always done, to follow his heart. He remained on Zamaron to train for a while, which was a bit strange considering he was the only male present on the entire planet. Nevertheless, after spending a few months there, he returned to Earth, where he spent his time fighting crime, and dealing with matters of love. Somewhere along the way, he received an invitation to join a new team of Teen Titans in Chromium City. Max happily took the offer. Thinking he could do more good as part of a team then he could alone. He also thought it was a good opportunity to meet cute boys in tight spandex suits.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Oh, and also. If my character isn't approved, I do have a backup-character.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
May I shoot a reserve for this please?

HM02gon

Waiting...
Well since everyone else is here I might as well ask for a spot. That and I've wanted a TT RP for a while now.

Titan500

Solar Panels
Can I reserve a spot? Been a while since I've RPed here.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Sure.

. . .and now, reserves are closed for now.

Edit:

Sketchie - “Nightmare” Lucas: Accepted
- Probably would have been a nude ambulance ride for the suicide attempt in the USA, but whatevs.

Schade - “Wonder Boy” Archie: Accepted

Monster Guy - “Violet Lantern” Max: Accepted
- I never did forget it.

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
... Great...and I'll assume acting like twins (and rarely wanting to seperate) won't work either, so...now I'll try to decide which I'll play...

Sketchie

literally some guy
Sketchie - “Nightmare” Lucas: Accepted
- Probably would have been a nude ambulance ride for the suicide attempt in the USA, but whatevs.

Eh, I've been in a situation where I've had to go from bathtub to the hospital (wasn't a suicide attempt mind you, but hey) and when your parents a health professional, they know how to get people dressed fast. (this, due to Ollie being able to stop the bleeding (and the hospital not being that far away), Ollie drove. It would have taken longer to deal with an ambulance.)