• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Control Freaks Contest Royal - TT RPG (Rated PG-13)

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Sign-up Tread (Two slots open!)

Moments ago, you found yourself back in the darkened Chromium City Teen Titan's Tower. There you and the rest of your newly founded team were contacted by the chubby villain, Control Freak. After a bit of arguing with Amanuma, he announced that there were four bombs hidden in the city, and that your team had two hours to find and defuse them.

Approved Players
“There definitely needs to be water on the sidelines for these players, but I also had some Gatorade just in case they were allergic to the water or vice versa.”
- John Madden

HEROES:
1) VampirateMace - “Amanuma” Amunemopet
2) Monster Guy - “Violet Lantern” Max
3) Sketchie - “Nightmare” Lucas
4) TheCharredDragon - “Canis Ryder/Hunter Sigbin” Linda
5) Schade - “Wonder Boy” Archie
6) Titan500 - “Armoury (II)” Camilla
7) Cobalt XIV *RESERVED*
8)

VILLAINS:
1) Control Freak (Major NPC - to be played by VampirateMace, unless otherwise stated)

Rules
“We started off trying to set up a small anarchist community, but people wouldn't obey the rules.”
- Alan Bennett

1. Follow the standard forum and sub-forum rules.
2. Don't SPAM, flame, or otherwise harass other players.
3. Don't bunny (control others' character's) without permission, if you know me, you know I am strict on this.
4. Your character is not Omnipotent, Omniscient, or Omnipresent. Do not have them know things they shouldn't, teleport, or god-mode.
5. Put your name(s) and location at the top of your post. Inventory is not required.
6. Do not be the idiot that forces me to make more rules (love you guys).

Let's Play:
“I’d like to play a game of Marco Polo - in the 13th century.”
- Jarod Kintz

Amanuma
Titan's Tower, Common Room > Outside

Normal power ad returned to the tower, and Amanuma was now gazing over the rest of the team, having just heard Control Freak's challenge. His immediate reaction was probably not helpful, but summed up the situation, “Well. . . Sh*t.”

They had two hours, well, just under two hours to do something about Control Freak's bombs. After a moment to think, the seriousness of the situation set in better, and he commented, “I hate to admit it, but we should probably do as he said, I don't see a lot of other options. He might just be bluffing, but if he's not. . . a lot of people could get hurt.”

In pairs? Control Freak had said it, and in pairs or individually was pretty much the only way to find all four explosives within the two hours allotted. Man, there was not a lot of time. That was it, individually. He announced his decision hoping it was right, “Split up, we need to sweep every inch of the city. If you can fly, check the rooftops. I'll start checking the underground.” what was that thing Robin always said, “Titans Go!”

He himself dashed off, taking a elevator tube, outside he could summon his ride. It might not be as quick as some of their methods of transport, but going too fast could cause them to miss the obvious anyways, and his was probably the best choice for checking underneath the city. Sewers, storm drains, and the local subway. It made him wish his eyesight was better though, at the very least.

He threw his hands apart, concentrating. A glowing circle appeared on the ground before him, it flashed a couple times, and then an extra large crocodile blinked into existence. Amanuma wasted no time in leaping onto the reptile's back, “Gi listen, we got to move fast. We're going underground, you remember where the storm drain I showed is, right?”

The croc bobbed it's head and turned, starting off towards the large open pipe. A grate had been put in place to keep people out, but someone had long decided they wanted in and cut through it anyways. That added an additional element of danger. . . though most people did not want to tussle with an oversized crocodile.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Violet Lantern
Titan's Tower, Common Room

His first day as a Titan, and already the group was being threatened by villains. The power went out, and suddenly some guy named Control Freak contacted them in their tower, and announced that there were four bombs hidden in the city, and that the team had two hours to find and defuse them. Why he would tell the team this, Max did not know. After the power came back on, the mummy guy told them to split up and diffuse the bombs, then took off on his own.

The first thing Max did was change into his Star Sapphire uniform. It was a quick an easy process. One flash of purple light, and it was done. He would have preferred to do a more magical girl style transformation, but there wasn't enough time for that at the moment. Next, he summoned his Star Sapphire power battery, which was literally a glowing violet lantern, held his ring to it, and recited the oath loudly and proudly in order to charge the ring. It probably still had enough energy left to do what needed to be done here, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

"For hearts long lost and full of fright,
For those alone in Blackest Night.
Accept our ring and join our fight,
Love conquers all with violet light!"

Once that was done, he returned the power battery to it's pocket dimension, and turned to face his teammates. Or rather two teammates in particular. He was so glad he got put on a team with two hot guys. One of them was a well muscled male Amazon that had the balls to call himself Wonder Boy. The fact that he was a male Amazon, and he was a male Star Sapphire, meant they had something in common right from the get go. He also had a cute face too. The other guy was just as attractive as Wonder Boy, and chose the name Nightmare. His love senses went off around him. He wasn't sure what it was, but Max could sense he had some trauma in his past. That boy definitely needed the kind of help that a Star Sapphire could bring, and Max was more than happy to oblige. Even better, the guy ran around shirtless, and had the body to look good doing so. In Max's mind, this couldn't get any better!

Max put his arms around the other two boys shoulders, and pulled them close to himself. "Well, unlike the mummy guy. I would rather do this in a group. If two heads are better than one. then three heads are better than two right? So, how about the three of us go take care of this situation together, hm?" Then he turned his attention to Nightmare. His eyes flashed violet. "You especially need to come with me."

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Hunter Sigbin; Canis Ryder
Titan's Tower, Common Room -> Outside

She stared at the now blank screen for a moment. Everything went back online around her as she made stock of the situation. She only arrived about three days ago, had gotten accustomed to the tower, and the snarky mummy, and what happens now? A supervillain wannabe is threatening the city with bombs that are gonna go off in two. Freakin'. Hours. That meant hundreds of people could get hurt by some stupid fat guy. What was worse? If she remembered correctly, none of her team members knew tech, and they couldn't trace his transmission to its point of origin. But that'll be for later. Now--heh, right now, she had to deal with stupid bombs. Coward. Smart for not telling them where they were, but still a coward.

Amanuma told the team to split up and search the city before rushing off. She was about to make off to do the same until she noticed a violet light flash in the corner of her eye. She turned to the source and saw one of the team's more recent members: Violet Lantern. He was chanting something before putting the thing he was chanting to away in some rift (she'll ask later what that was). Then he spoke to the two other males in the group. Now, usually by now, she'd have gone off after seeing what that light was about, but Violet said he prefers doing things as a group, saying "If two heads ate better than one, then three heads are better than two, right?"

"Might wanna think quick then," she said, as she raised her arms, made her hands into fists and had the back of her hands facing each other. "Control Geek decided to not be nice in not givin' even a clue, so maybe you could figure out the spots they're most likely to be."

She tapped the back of her hands twice. There was a brief flash from them before a white light consumed her body, making her look like a white silhouette. Parts of her body chaged then the light faded, her body now donning light white armor and a white dog helmet. Then she put two of her fingers in her mouth and whistled. She placed back at her side and headed to the entrance of the stairs. She looked back at the group and added,

"Oh, and could someone check around the tower in case the guy decided to be really mean and put the bombs here? Unexpected place and all. I might be fast but I still get tired from running."

Then she dashed down the stairs, and then to the entrance of the tower. She stood there and caught her breath. She looked at the sound of an engine slowing down and smiled at seeing her bike.

"Hey Sonic, we got trouble. Bombs are across the city and we got less than two hours," she said as she hopped on and gripped the handles.

His headlight brightened momentarily when he barked in acknowledgment.

"Good. You drive, I look."

He barked once again and sped off with his rider. She was now glad her sight was superhuman, and that her bike was possessed with her familiar, it made finding the bombs while driving through a street. She hoped she could spot the bomb when she saw it, or at least hear a suspicious beep with her hearing, and she hoped the guy's ego got to him and he placed them rather obviously if you knew it was a bomb.

Titan500

Solar Panels
Armoury

There were four explosive devices, likely set to either detonate on a two-hour timer or by remote activation at the end of their allotted search period, scattered across the entirety of Chromium City. That was the entirety of the information she ... the team ... had been provided with. She didn't know what the bombs looked like. She didn't know the explosive yield they could muster. She didn't know what materials were incorporated into their construction. They were essentially acting on imperfect information, forced to stumble blindly around every nook and cranny of the city in order to bring an end to the bomb threat. It could be a hoax for all she knew. Maybe there were no bombs, and it was instead a distraction for a villain assault on the tower. Maybe the bombs were duds. She didn't know their yield ... how much damage they could cause to infrastructure and to civilians.

She needed to protect them.

But she didn't know where she could even start.

This ... Control Freak character ... his motivation was to challenge them, right? She didn't know him well. She didn't know his typical modus operandi. Her activities back in Star City were too removed from the dealings the Teen Titans could have had with this foe in the past. How willing was he to bring harm to innocent lives? How much damage was he willing to do to the city? The 1993 World Trade Center bombing had destroyed four levels of concrete, cut off the building's power, and trapped over a thousand people. There were a few deaths, but harm was done to so many.

Was this villain capable of committing a similar act in pursuit of this ... useless competition? Was that his mentality?

Four bombs. Every inch of the city to search. Two hours allotted.

They had no clues. None at all.

What would her uncle have done?

She needed to act.

She needed to protect people.

That was her job.

Armoury didn't have anything that could facilitate rapid travel around the city. She was too slow, her heavy suit making her essentially slower than even an unpowered human. She didn't have powers like everyone else. She was just a girl in a suit of metal armour. That was it. This was impossible. Why did she have to come here? Because she wanted to save people.

That was right.

She wanted to save people.

Armoury moved towards the Tower's control console, the sound of metal ringing against the floor as her heavy steps carried her towards her goal. There had to be some form of city-wide surveillance present. There had to be a way to observe more of the city. It would be strange if such an organised group of heroes lacked that. Maybe they did lack something like that. Maybe she was placing her hopes on a pipe dream. It didn't matter. She needed to do something.

The fingers of her suit danced across the console.

She booted it up.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
=-------------------~~-------------------=
Wonder Boy
Titans Tower, common room

"This is ridiculous", he said. It was his first day as an official member of the Teen titans, and already, some weird nerd was thretening the city. the whole scenario sounded so obscure, and Archie wondered if the threat was even real. The lights had gone off in the tower, probably a way for the guy to showcase that he actually did pose a threat, allthough he could very wel be bluffing. However, nobody seemed willing to take that chance, and neither did Archie. Amanuma told the team to split up and search the city before rushing off, obviously distressed by the whole situation. That meant the mummy-guy would act as their leader? Sure, that could work. The group of people in the room all got ready. One individual in particular hummed some sort of rhyme while glowing in a violet color. Looking a lot like the Green Lanterns he was already familiar with. It appeared this guy would be on his team for this op. the other guy he was supposed to team up with was a guy calling himself nightmare.

"Well, unlike the mummy guy. I would rather do this in a group. If two heads are better than one. then three heads are better than two right? So, how about the three of us go take care of this situation together, hm?" The blonde guy said, putting his arms around Archie's and Nightmares shoulder. "You especially need to come with me." he then told Nightmare, who had been very passive throughout the whole ordeal. "You're way to optimistic for this situation." Archie told the blonde guy, who apparently went by the name of Violet Lantern. Since it was his first day there, and things had hit the fan pretty quick, he hadn't had the time to get introduced with everyone yet, and they didn't know each other yet either, adding to the potential difficulty of the mission.

"Might wanna think quick then," another member said. It was Hunter sigbin. "Control Geek decided to not be nice in not givin' even a clue, so maybe you could figure out the spots they're most likely to be.". She proved a valid point. They only had two hours, and it was a rather large city. She then said something else he didn't catch before running off pretty fast.

"This guy is obviously a bluff. I say we go find him and bash his face in!" Archie proposed, summoning his spear while getting out of the violet Lanterns grip. He didn't expect his first mission to be something of this caliber. With his training and experience from Themyscira, he had imagined his first mission to be taking down a rouge Hydra or something, not a nerd with above average computer skills and no real motive. "Hera have mercy when I find this poser!" he said angrily, walking a few feet ahead of his two teammates. "You to better not slow me down." he told them.

Sketchie

literally some guy
Nightmare ; Lucas Moncrief
Titans Tower, Common Room

Lucas sighed, processing everything in his own spaced-out world. First day as a Titan and this happens. Control Freak, the bombs, the electricity being finicky, the whole thing felt so cliche -- then again, his name was Nightmare. Couldn't get more trope-ish than that. They didn't even have much time to get to know each other, Lucas barely knew any of their names, let alone what they could do. He stood up and looked around. Nothing seemed too off about the situation, and he knew he couldn't be dreaming. But something was still just... off. He felt as though somehow this Control Loser was simultaneously bluffing and somehow telling the truth, impossible. He shook it off. Typical of him to try to take a middle ground. "This guy's a nutcase," he muttered as he came back to reality, standing up and stretching.

He hadn't been up long before Blonde Kid with the Violet Suit had his arm around his and another boy's shoulders, pulling all three close together. "Well, unlike the mummy guy. I would rather do this in a group. If two heads are better than one. then three heads are better than two right? So, how about the three of us go take care of this situation together, hm?" the boy chirped. Ah yes. This kid. Lucas had found himself drawn to Blonde Boy for some reason, even though they had just met. Just his luck to have an attractive boy in the group (that wasn't him, of course). Suddenly, he had turned towards Lucas, his eyes flashing violet. "You especially need to come with me."

"This guy is obviously a bluff. I say we go find him and bash his face in!" the other boy said before Lucas could respond, jerking away from Blonde Boy while summoning a spear. "Hera have mercy when I find this poser! You to better not slow me down," he shot towards Lucas and Blonde Boy. Lucas raised his eyebrows in amusement, exhaling sharply.

Lucas smiled warmly at Blonde Boy, staying within reach. "Don't mind him. I'll come with you, I'd rather we work in groups anyway," he said calmly, "I'll even send the dogs out, I can't promise they'll find anything but it may just help." Sticking his hand out, he concentrated on the space in front of him until two black snakelike creatures[sup]1[/sup] appeared, both with long fluffy wings and seemingly canine facial structures. They weaved around each other, hissing happily. "Girls, girls, I know you're happy to exist again, but could we maybe focus?" Lucas chuckled. The two creatures froze, looking directly at Lucas with perfect focus. "Listen, there are supposedly four bombs somewhere in the city. Both of you go out and search, if you find something get back to me as soon as possible." Lucas narrowed his eyes, a silly grin on his face. "And no chasing cats this time!" The creatures hissed, filled with purpose, and flew off at incredible speeds, leaving a chill in the air. They flew out the walls, and ducked into the shadows.

"Whether this actually works or not is... unpredictable," Lucas sighed, focusing back on Blonde Boy, "Peasblossom and Cobweb can be... flighty, to say the least. But, they might pull through for us. We'll see." With his free hand, he ran his hand just above his ear, before holding onto his neck. "You got any ideas on where we should start? It may take a while for my girls to come back."

1 - as in terms of body, think LOWAA angels, but a whole lot smaller.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Violet Lantern
Titan's Tower, Common Room > Outside

"You're way to optimistic for this situation." Wonder Boy was quick to point out.

"Better be optimistic than all doom and gloom!" Max answered brightly. "Besides, we're Superheroes, we got this."

"This guy is obviously a bluff. I say we go find him and bash his face in!" Wonder Boy proposed, while summoning his spear while getting out of Max's grip.

Max gave a concerned look. "We don't know that for sure though..."

Nightmare then voiced a response. He was a lot more receptive than Max was expecting. He smiled warmly, and stayed within reach. "Don't mind him. I'll come with you, I'd rather we work in groups anyway."

"I wasn't planning on minding him anyway. We can't bash anybody's face in until we deal with these bombs first."

"I'll even send the dogs out, I can't promise they'll find anything but it may just help." Nightmare stuck his hand out, and two shadowy creatures appeared before him. The creatures resembled a cross between snakes and dogs with wings. He commanded the creatures to go off and search for the bombs, and the creatures happily did his bidding. "Whether this actually works or not is... unpredictable," He said with a sigh. "Peasblossom and Cobweb can be... flighty, to say the least. But, they might pull through for us. We'll see." With his free hand, he rubbed the back of his head.

Max's eyes widened with surprise. "Cool! You can create sentinent creatures?! I'm not sure if I can do that... Then again, I've never tried it. The other Star Sapphires never said it was possible." He made a note to try that later when he had time.

"You got any ideas on where we should start? It may take a while for my girls to come back."

Max nodded, and gestured for the others to follow him into the conveniently placed elevator. Once they were all inside, Max continued talking. "Mummy guy said to check the rooftops of the city if you could fly. Now, I can fly, and I'm guessing Wondy can fly as well. That, or he has an invisible jet parked somewhere, hehe. But I take it you can't fly? Not to worry, I can fix that! I just hope you're not scared of heights."

When the elevator doors opened again the trio was outside the tower. Once they stepped outside, Max looked at Wonder Boy. "Try to keep up, K?" He told him jokingly. He then focused on Nightmare, and took his hand. "And as for you, I suggest that you not let go." Max focused his powers, and he started to glow with a violet aura. The aura extended to Nightmare, and Max's feet started to float off the ground. He pulled Nightmare up with him, and they flew off. From how high up they were, they could see the rooftops of the buildings in the city. Max liked carrying someone in the air with him, and he had to fight the urge to sing a Disney song at that moment. "Let me know if you see anything suspicious."

---

I'm guessing Vampy determines where the bombs are?

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
OOC (GM Info Post):
Since we don't have a discussion thread yet, it'll pass out some info here (I'll make my next RPG post in a while, I don't have it ready yet). Also, several trees fell on power lines in our area recently, so my online activity may be unusual as it is dependent on when we have generator power (so, if things start to fall apart and I don't seem to be around, Monster, please help sort it out).

Monster, yes and no, this challenge was to get the feel of the RPG, so it doesn't really matter if the bombs are in the locations I was thinking of or not. My initial plans for them were; Main street subway stop (Amanuna will hear about this one in my next post), on the underside the city's 'landmark' bridge, in the middle of the shopping district (where it would attract a lot of attention from citizens), and on the roof of a local news station.

The devices are rather obvious once you find them; they're metallic white semi-sphere, with a seam about 2/3 of the way up (which can be removed to view the insides and attempt to defuse them), and have a logo on one 'side' of a cartoony Control Freak celebrating while surrounded by fireworks.

I did not realize Nightmare could make sentient creatures. I'll allow it (and for Lanterns and similar magical chars), just don't overdo it guys. Keep the number and intelligence of such creature fairly low.

Titan500, congratulations, you figured out something that should be done to make finding all of them work. Obviously there's no map of the bombs, but if you cross-reference the city's security cams with the city maps, then you can send that info to the other's heroes' TT communicators.

Sketchie

literally some guy
(( OCC: Peasblossom and Cobweb are the only two that Lucas can conjure up, and if Lucas is nearby to tell them what to do, they're fine -- but if they're sent off on their own, they're just like dogs. Not very smart. When alone, they're prone to losing focus, and can dematerialize without notice.
(( OCC pt 2: if i'm going too fast someone tell me

Nightmare ; Lucas Moncrief
TT Common Room --> Outside

"You can create sentient creatures?!" Blonde Boy exclaimed, his eyes widening at the sight of Peasblossom and Cobweb. "I'm not sure if I can do that... Then again, I've never tried it. The other Star Sapphires never said it was possible."

Lucas chuckled. "Well, not exactly 100% sentient, unless I tell them what to do, they're useless. They need a purpose, a focus first. Without it, all the think of is chasing cats before they inevitably fall apart."

"You got any ideas on where we should start? It may take a while for my girls to come back."

Blonde Boy nodded, and started heading towards the elevator. Lucas shrugged, and followed suit. "Mummy guy said to check the rooftops of the city if you could fly," Blonde Boy said once everyone was in the elevator, "Now, I can fly, and I'm guessing Wondy can fly as well. That, or he has an invisible jet parked somewhere, hehe. But I take it you can't fly? Not to worry, I can fix that! I just hope you're not scared of heights."

Before Lucas could say anything, they were already outside. Suddenly, he found his hand in Blonde Boy's. "And as for you, I suggest that you not let go," Blonde Boy said, before being enveloped in a violet aura. Lucas watched as the aura spread to his own body, and then suddenly the two were in the air. The city seemed to go on for miles, bright shiny buildings littering crowded streets. "Let me know if you see anything suspicious."

Lucas laughed nervously. He'd never been up in the air like this before. This was actually flying. "I can fly," Lucas stammered, holding tightly to Blonde Boy, "Just, not in the way you fly. I create a platform and levitate that." He squeezed Blonde Boy's hand tighter, trying to get his breathing under control. "Though uh, please, please don't drop me."

Slowly, his hands stopped shaking, and he found soaring to be somewhat enjoyable. Even though he wasn't in control. As Lucas looked to one side of him, he saw Peasblossom and Cobweb dashing through an alley, disappearing behind a corner almost a fast as they had come into view. Lucas smiled. At least they were still on task. He took a deep breath, casting his eyes about him. Down below, a few minutes off, was the shopping district. As Lucas focused on it, he noticed a croud of people gathering around... something shiny. Shiny, white, and... what was on the side of that thing? A chill ran down his spine, was this freak not actually bluffing? "Down there," Lucas pointed towards the shopping district, "Something's up, but I can't tell what."

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
(Sketchie - Your pace seems alright. Though maybe you should have left the shopping district to someone who can't fly. Ah well, challenges.)

Amanuma
Storm Drain Let-out near Titan's Tower > Madison St. Subway Station

Darkness infolded Amanuma and Gi as the reptile lumbered into the broken storm. The darkness was quick, and accompanied by the sounds of dripping and scum squishing under the crocodile's feet, followed by it's claws scrapping the cement bottom of the pipe. He patted Gi on the head, knowing the croc had better eyesight then he did, “Keep an eye out for anything unusual buddy.”

Amanuma reached into his bandages and pulled out his Teen Titan's communicator. It had other functions besides video chat, so he pulled one of them up, a map of the city's underground, at least the known portion of it. He studied the map, choosing a route that help him to search the higher priority areas of the underground, those used for transportation, or where people tended to gather above. He didn't know how powerful the devices place by Control Freak were, so assuming they could damage street level from down here was just a guess.

Gazing at the luminescent map, he learned he should make a right at the first junction, then make a left through a smaller pipe that would take him up into the nearest subway station, Madison Street.

He flipped back to the communicator's main screen as they approached the junction. It was 12 minutes after the hour. Duat. How much time did they have left? Didn't Control Freak say that Grimm started in 3 minutes? If he assumed that it started on the hour, and his activities couldn't have taken an hour, then, they had. . . he sent an audio message out to any other communicators in the city that weren't on mute, “1 hour, 45 minutes.”

Through the junction and down the pipe a ways, he came to the uphill offshoot that drained excess water from the subway station. Peering up at it, it was not as big as he thought it would be. He leapt forward off of Gi, passing over his head, and assessed, “We can't fit through there at the same time. . . I'll go first, since you're less likely to slip.”

Thankfully the drain was not as slimy as the main pipe, due to the angle, but he was still going to have to clean-up after this outing. He clawed his way, up, prodded from behind by the impatient croc. It wasn't a very long climb, and he soon found himself face to face with a grate. He thrusted at it open-handed and it barely moved. Gi prodded him, and he looked back, commenting irritably, “I know! I got to get it open, okay?”

More leverage. He set one arm against it and the other hand, giving it a hard push. Why wasn't he resurrected as one of those super strong undead you see on TV? Gi shoved him from behind. That was enough. The angled grate fell away and clattered on the ground next to the track. Seeing no trains coming, Amanuma crawled out of the hole and crossed the tracks, hoisting himself onto the platform. Gi meandered around below, not sure how to get up.

Amanuma was greeted by stares, gasps of horror. He spotted a security guard, turned away from him, who had his walkie to his ear, obviously too distracted to notice two monsters crawl out of the storm drain. This was probably something important. The man holstered his walkie and started calling out, “Everyone, I need your attention. Due to a situation further up the tracks, we need to evacuate this station.”

Amanuma tapped him on the shoulder. People around them were grumbling or rushing for the stairwell. He turned around still announcing, “Please proceed calmly to the stairs, and away from the station.”

His eyes got big when he saw the mummy. That tended to happen, but Amanuma was used to it. “Hi, Amanuma, Teen Titans,” there wasn't much time for pleasantries, he lowered his voice, “Would that situation happen to be a device of some sort?”

The guard nodded slowly, then commented in an equal whisper, “At Main Street. We're not sure what it is. Do you know?”

“Yeah, I'm here to deal with it. Just keep keeping everyone away,” instructed Amanuma, before dropping off the platform and remounting Gi, “Next station Gi, and book it!”

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Wonder Boy
Titans Tower, common room - The City

"Don't mind him. I'll come with you, I'd rather we work in groups anyway," Nightmare finally spoke up and told the Violet Lantern. "I'll even send the dogs out, I can't promise they'll find anything but it may just help." he continued. Archie raised an eyebrow. Dogs? He then demonstrated his ability by summoning two.. fluffy flying snakes with dog-heads? This guys name really is fitting. Archie shrugged by the sight. "Girls, girls, I know you're happy to exist again, but could we maybe focus?" Nightmare said, and the two.. things stopped in their movement and looked at him. "Listen, there are supposedly four bombs somewhere in the city. Both of you go out and search, if you find something get back to me as soon as possible." he briefed them in. "And no chasing cats this time!" he said before the creatures took off. Archie shrugged again. "Whether this actually works or not is... unpredictable, Peasblossom and Cobweb can be... flighty, to say the least. But, they might pull through for us. We'll see." he explained before taking a short break. "You got any ideas on where we should start? It may take a while for my girls to come back."

During this entire ordeal, Violet seemed to be in awe by this power demonstration. "Cool! You can create sentinent creatures?! I'm not sure if I can do that... Then again, I've never tried it. The other Star Sapphires never said it was possible." he said. Archie frowned by hearing this. Creating sentient life was no difficult task where he came from, though he was unable to do so himself, he had heard the stories about his sisters, how diana was made from enchanted clay, and Donna was made through the use of a magical mirror. He raised his hand as to say something about it, but let it be. No need to start a discussion on that topic now. they could all get aquainted after the mission.

Violet then gestured for the two to follow him into the elevator, which led them to the roof. "Mummy guy said to check the rooftops of the city if you could fly. Now, I can fly, and I'm guessing Wondy can fly as well. That, or he has an invisible jet parked somewhere, hehe. But I take it you can't fly? Not to worry, I can fix that! I just hope you're not scared of heights." he said, and Archie got annoyed by the remark. It seems this guy is really underestimating him, and making fun of his homelands technologies. He wanted to say quite a lot of things, but decided he would spare it for later. "Try to keep up, K?" Violet told him after they reached the rooftop. Archies eye twitched. Now he was just being annoying. "And as for you, I suggest that you not let go." he told Nightmare. "Let me know if you see anything suspicious." he told him as a violet aura consumed them both and they took to flight. Archie snuffed before taking to flight himself.

He kept his distance from Violet and Nightmare as they flew past rooftops to check wether or not the bombs were placed somewhere high up. He didn't go too far away from them though, as he rushed from rooftop to rooftop, startling a few citizens in the process. He did manage to cover quite a lot of buildings, but none of them held what he was after. He thought of it. where would a maniac wannabe villain plant bombs in order to attract the titans atention? It would have to be somewhere public, somewhere it would cause a lot of destruction and hinderances, without taking too many lives. this guy was a rookie after all, so he wouldn't go for the big kills right away.. hopefully. He flew higher up, over some of the taller buildings so that they didn't block his vision. He didn't have as keen vision as the rest of the amazons, but it was still above average human quality. He didn't really know what to look for, seeing as the bomb could be disguised as anything, or not disguised at all. This required tactical thinking, and though he would love nothing more than to beat Control Freak to a pulp, he would have to wait.

Archie quickly realized that he might need help, and decided to contact the violet lanterns TT. communicator. "I've been scouting the most of the rooftops of the city, but I haven't found anything yet. Have you two gotten any luck? What exactly are we looking for?"

(OOC: I'll have Archie head to the bridge in my next post)

Last edited:

Titan500

Solar Panels
Armoury

It was fortunate that the Titan's Tower was linked to the many security cameras that dotted Chromium City. They would be a massive help in looking for the explosives, especially when it was essentially impossible for the assembled group of heroes to search an entire city for the four hidden bombs. She tapped a few keys, armoured fingers dancing across the console's surface to bring as many of the camera feeds as possible onto the large screen before her. Armoury knew nothing of the bombs' appearance, but finding a visual of them was crucial if they were to be defused. She glanced up at the screen, gaze studying each and every one of the videos for abnormalities - things that were out of place. The bombs could be well-disguised, for all she knew, but it was the only path she could take.

One of the cameras was showing a crowd of people gathered around what was ... something metallic and spherical? It seemed to be unusual and out-of-place. Was this it, then? Was this the bomb? She peeled her eyes away from that feed and quickly scanned the rest of the screen for anything similar in other parts of the city. There was a group evacuating a subway stop, but she lacked control over the cameras to see what exactly it was that they were evacuating from. That was utterly frustrating. Could there have been an explosive there as well? She kept it in mind. That was only two possible bombs, however. There were still two (if her previous observations were accurate in identifying them) remaining elsewhere in the city, unaccounted for.

Armoury brought up a map of the city. She looked back up at the screen, tapping against the console to bring up the locations of the camera feeds. The large crowd with the metallic object appeared to be in the centre of the shopping district, while the subway stop was the one on Main Street. Those locations were promptly noted on the map, marked as glowing red points. Yet that was still only two.

The map was pushed out of the way for a second, and her gaze continued to roam across the screen. There was nothing ... wait.

She brought up the camera feed showing Chromium City's major bridge.

There was something hanging off the bottom.

Had she been a villain, she would have likely chosen the bridge as a target as well. It was a landmark, one that held sufficient local admiration ... a symbol of the city, so to speak. Commuters frequently drove across it throughout the day, ensuring that there would always be a human presence upon it. An explosive device powerful enough to destroy a considerable section of the bridge ... the casualties could be enormous.

The thing was metallic and rounded. It could likely be one. She placed a mark on the digital map, typing out a note that it was "under the bridge".

She quickly sent a copy of the marked map to her teammate's communicators.

There was still one bomb left, but it was difficult looking for it, especially with her lack of control over the cameras.

No matter.

She would scan every single camera feed until she found it. And then she would tell the others.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
(OOC: Even if Nightmare could fly, I'm sure Max would have taken him up anyway. He just can't pass up the opportunity to hold a guy's hand and go on a romantic flying adventure. :p)

Violet Lantern
City > Shopping District

"I can fly," Nightmare stammered, holding tightly to Max's hand. "Just, not in the way you fly. I create a platform and levitate that. "Though uh, please, please don't drop me."

"Don't worry, I won't let you fall." Max answered with a warm smile.

As Max was looking around trying to find something that resembled a bomb. He realized that he had no idea what to look for. Dynamite? TNT? One of those cartoon bombs? Thankfully, Nightmare got his attention, and pointed out something down below in the shopping district. "Down there. Something's up, but I can't tell what." He pointed a group of people gathering around a strange object. Could that be what they were looking for?

Before Max could answer, the TT Communicator he had cliiped to his belt started beeping. He took it out with his free hand, pressed a button on the side, and immediately, a video of Wonder Boy's handsome face popped up. Even though he could stand to smile a little. "I've been scouting the most of the rooftops of the city, but I haven't found anything yet. Have you two gotten any luck? What exactly are we looking for?"

"As a matter of fact we did." Max answered. "We found a bunch of people gathering around something. We're gonna go down and check it out." Just as Max hung up the communicator, it rung again. He pressed the button once more, and this time, it showed a map of the city, with areas marked. "Oh, I guess this is where the bombs are. Cool, this will be handy!" He finally put the communicator away, and flew towards the shopping center, and slowly came in for a landing.

Once they landed, Max let go of Nightmare's hand, and walked towards the group of people gathered around the strange object. Immediately, the two of them were ogled by a bunch of teenage girls with shopping bags in their hands. Max was perfectly aware that girls were staring at them. After all, it wasn't everyday that a pair of attractive male superheroes just appeared in the city. Especially ones wearing revealing outfits. If he were in their position, he would stare too. Max didn't pay them too much attention. There were other things to worry about.

As Max navigated through the crowd, to see what they were looking at in the center. He soon found what it was. It was a metallic white circle. It had a cartoon of Control Freak on the side of it dancing, and surrounded by fireworks. "Aw yeah, that's reeeeal subtle. No one's ever gonna find this." Max said sarcastically, adding a chuckle. Max raised one of his arms, and created a violet energy force field around the bomb. Just in case it went off, the blast would be contained. "I don't suppose you know anything about disabling a bomb?" Max asked Nightmare.

As soon as he said the word bomb, all the people surrounding them panicked, and started fleeing the scene. Some of them screaming.

Max took out his communicator again, and made a call to all the other TT Communicators. "Hey, Violet Lantern here! Nightmare and I found one of the bombs in the middle of the shopping district. Quick question, anyone have any idea how to disable this thing? I don't wanna risk doing something stupid, and set it off."

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
(OOC: Discussion Thread is up HERE)

Amanuma
Madison St. Subway Station > Main St. Subway Station

Gi ran along the subway track. Crocodiles are pretty good at running straight for a short period, but not so good at turning. Luckily the track was fairly straight between Madison and Main. Also luckily, he and Amanuma didn't have to worry about trains, because the current situation had stopped all traffic down here.

Amanuma's communicator pinged, and he looked to see that he'd been sent a map with three locations marked, including the one he was headed to. Confirmation.

Gi crawled up alongside the platform and Amanuma pulled himself up. It was a little easier from the croc's back then from directly on the tracks. He surveyed the situation. The station was abandon. The emergency strobes were flashing, accompanied by dramatic sirens. That was going to be helpful.

In the middle of the station was a white semi-sphere. Yeah, that was probably it. Subtle. What was he supposed to do now? He walked around it nervously. There was a crude drawing of Control Freak on the side, with fireworks. It's message was as clear as any hieroglyphic.

Amanuma grimaced beneath his face bandages. He walked back over to the edge of the platform, “Gi, buddy, I don't want you getting hurt. You're dismissed.” He threw out his arms, and the summoning circle appeared, then disappeared with the croc.

A message came over the TT communicator, “Hey, Violet Lantern here! Nightmare and I found one of the bombs in the middle of the shopping district. Quick question, anyone have any idea how to disable this thing? I don't wanna risk doing something stupid, and set it off.”

“Can you move it?” asked Amanuma over the conference line, assuming the Lantern's powers were strong enough to levitate objects. He gazed at the sphere next to him, “I'm at the Main Street Station. . . I don't think I can move this on my own, but. . . well, at least getting this wrong can't kill me right? I'm going to see if Cyborg has any advice.”

He exited the city wide conference call, and pulled up Cyborg's info. He clicked call, and waited. The boisterous robo-teen's face filled the screen, “Yo Ama, what's up?”

Amanuma tilted the communicator so that he could see the device, complete with Control Freak's cartoon logo, “Any idea how to defuse one of these?”

“That Control Freak's handiwork?” asked Cyborg. Amanuma nodded, it was kind of obvious, right? He could hear Beast Boy in the background, “Come on Cy! We've been waiting all week to play this game!” Cyborg turned to look at someone or something off-screen, and used his 'adult' voice, “Hang on Beastie, Amanuma's dealing with Control Freak. I think it's a bomb.”

“That's what he said it was,” grumbled Amanuma, “. . .kind of on a time limit here guys. I've got. . . an hour and twenty minutes.”

“Okay, okay, first pop the lid and let's see what we got,” replied Cyborg.

“Are you sure that's safe?” asked Beast Boy in the background. Cyborg turned to him again, “It's a bomb! Of course nothing about this is safe!”

Amanuma slipped the communicator into his bandages, letting them argue while he examined the device. It did appear that there was a seam two thirds of the way up that would allow access to the bomb's guts. He took a deep breath and slipped the tips of his fingers under, lifting. It gave easily, and he found himself staring at a mass of wires, and electronics, with a convenient countdown panel:
01:18:56

He pulled the communicator back out and turned it to give Cyborg a look. Cyborg was not super optimistic, “Damn, it's a rat's nest in there.”

“Not helping,” returned Amanuma.

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
(OOC: I think I picked a bad time to join because the internet's gonna get cut off in a few hours for me and I have no idea when it'll be back. Oh well...)

Hunter Sigbin; Canis Ryder
City -> Bridge

Linda looked left and right as they went around the city. She kept her eyes peeled for any signs of bombs, IEDs, or beeping. Thankfully, traffic wasn't that heavy today and the times there was a red light, Sonic went on the sidewalk--careful not to hit pedestrians--then went back on the street. Usually, she'd just run around the city, but keeping an eye on traffic and bombs was practically impossible all by herself. She just really hoped that Control Freak would make a rookie mistake, let his ego get to him, and plaster an obvious logo on a not-so-subtle device. As they made another turn, Linda realized something: what were they going to do when they do find the bomb?

"Oh shoot..."

She hadn't thought about that. She didn't know how to diffuse a bomb. Now she wished she didn't rush off, somebody back at the tower would probably know, or at least knew someone who could, and she had no way of talking to the--a slight beep startled her, snapping out of her thoughts. She then looked down at Sonic's steering and saw a Teen Titans communicator was alight with a message, dangling from the base of the right handle. Now she remembered, she put her com. link on Sonic because her transformation would just "eat up" the little device.

She held the thing and tapped the prompt, making it show a map. At first, she was confused on why was she sent a map until she noticed what place the map showed. It was a map of Chromium City, and not only that, it had spots marked on it. Linda squinted and focused to be extra sure on the location and it did indeed mark what she thought they were: some of the busiest public places in the city.

Linda snarled. That dirty lowlife!

Oh, was she going to give him a piece of her mind when they find him, oh yes. But first things first, the citizens and their safety. Linda scanned the map again, deciding which spot to go to first. She glanced at her surroundings, then back at the map. The bridge was the closest to her right now, and assuming this was sent by one of her teammates, said person most likely sent it to the others as well. Hopefully they're handling the other two spots... She frowned and scanned it again. ...and hopefully they'll find the fourth one before it's too late. She turned off the map and then gripped Sonic's handles.

"Sonic, I just got wind of one of the bombs. Head for the city's major bridge."

There was an odd sound that came from him, that sounded like a confused bark. She sighed. She could just imagine him tilting his head right now if he still had a dog's body.

"The one where the thief tried to jump off the bridge and I had you catch him," she said with a slightly annoyed tone.

Sonic didn't seem to notice--or care--about the tone as he barked energetically before speeding up. ... It wasn't long before they arrived at the start of the bridge, but instead of going on it, she had Sonic stop nearby it, out of the way of commuters. She examined the structure for a moment, utilizing her enhanced vision. There was nothing on the bridge that was out of place. She double checked her communicator, and that's when she saw the note: "Under the bridge." She was still for a moment. She had to resist the urge of shouting, it'd waste time. She took a deep breath before getting off of Sonic.

"I'm gonna go under the bridge," she said, detatching her com. link from Sonic and holding it. "You stay here until I call you."

He barked his acknowledgement before propping out his motor stand and relaxing. With that done, she sped down the slope and to the edge of the land surrounding the first pillar of the bridge. She looked up and saw a white semi-sphere at the top, right under the main body of the bridge. She stared at it for a moment with this thought in her mind:

Ay sus... Of course it's somewhere you can't freakin' reach.

How was she going to get to it without setting it off? She could build up speed then scale up the pillar to it, but she has no idea how secure, or heavy, that thing is. Her thoughts were interupted by a voice going through her com. link.

"Hey, Violet Lantern here! Nightmare and I found one of the bombs in the middle of the shopping district. Quick question, anyone have any idea how to disable this thing? I don't wanna risk doing something stupid, and set it off."

She held up her communicator to her face. "You're not the only one. I see the bomb under the bridge and I can't get to it. Too high up and nothing for me to stand on," she said.

The only thing she could think of is have Sonic possess the bomb and disable whatever is keeping it up there, assuming it wasn't using some sort of dang paste.

She spoke through the link again, turning on all channel links to her teammates. "Think someone could come under to the busiest bridge? There's no way I can get to it without causing damage."

Sketchie

literally some guy
(( OOC: very sorry, Mon, I'm going to have to bunny Max just slightly. Luc needs to see the bomb, yo. If you don't like it, go ahead and tell me.)
(( OOC pt 2: "but sketchie how would you know what a bomb looks like?" aHaha well friendo i may or may not know how to build a bomb (i've never actually built one, because Illegal, but don't watch movies with me that have bombs in them. i will likely go on a huge rant, similar to my rants on courtroom scenes in the media.

Nightmare ; Lucas
Shopping District

Lucas breathed some relief as he felt his feet his the ground. Though that was fun once he got used to it, it was nice knowing he was in control again.

It was also nice to hold a cute boy's hand.

As he looked around, he noticed several teenage girls giggling nearby. Lucas exhaled in amusement. Guess they'd want the Hot Yaois while they can get it. Lucas mentally bit himself for thinking that. That was awful. Terrible. He winked at the group before turning his focus on the bomb. Or whatever it was. He trailed just behind Blonde Boy, taking a look at the bomb. Lucas shook his head. "Aw yeah, that's reeeeal subtle. No one's ever gonna find this." Blonde Boy said sarcastically, echoing Lucas's thought. He raised one of his arms, and in a moment the bomb was covered in a violet force-field. "I don't suppose you know anything about disabling a bomb?"

As it turns out, when you're a superhero in a crowed place, people tend to listen to you. And when you say the word bomb, people panic. People began running and screaming, fleeing the area.

Lucas walked towards the bomb, kneeling down beside it. "Hey, Violet Lantern here!" he heard nearby him and through the communicator in his pocket. Violet Lantern, Luc thought, that's what his name is. "Nightmare and I found one of the bombs in the middle of the shopping district. Quick question, anyone have any idea how to disable this thing? I don't wanna risk doing something stupid, and set it off."

"No worries," Luc waved it off, studying the bomb. "Listen, Blonde Boy, I--" He paused, then swiveled around, looking Violet Lantern in the eye. "Sorry. I've been calling you Blonde Boy in my head the past little while. Flows off the tongue better, and also you're really cute. And you're hair's a pretty strawberry blonde." He turned so his body was facing the bomb, though he kept looking at Violet Lantern. Wow, he was good at this whole talking thing. "Listen, could'ja remove the force-field for me? Like, it's a great idea, but I gotta take a look at this thing. Besides, I can make a force field that'll allow me to look at it and protect most everything from a blast."

Violet Lantern gave a curt nod, and the force field fell. Lucas scooted closer to the bomb and sat down cross-legged, looking over the bomb. He noticed on one side a seam, and without a second thought, he ripped the bomb open. Lucas took one look at the tangled mess of wires inside before rolling back with laughter. "Violet, come look at this!" he called to his teammate once he stopped laughing enough. "This is a total embarrassment! Real bombs would not look like this. Now," he said, turning back to the bomb and gesturing to the bomb's insides, "You can tell this isn't a real bomb. For one thing, you never attach a timer to a bomb. That's dumb, no one does that, and it wastes power. For another thing, do you see how messy and crazy all these wires are? Bombs aren't supposed to be this messy. It'd get in your way. I bet half these wires aren't even necessary. The only place you'll see a bomb like this is in the movies--"

Lucas paused, thinking. "Movies..." He snapped his fingers, alternating on both hands, trying to come up with some solution. "Dude, remember when Control Freak was talking to us? Like I'm super fuzzy on it, but he kept saying stuff like... strength of a Klingon, stealth or something of Foxface, Luke Skywalked something... they're all pop culture references. What if... what if we're dealing with, like, a movie bomb? And we have to cut the wires all cool 'n stuff?" He shook his head, looking away. "Actually, that's a terrible idea. Don't listen to me."

Titan500

Solar Panels
Armoury

Hopefully, the rest of the assembled group of teenaged superheroes were beginning to make their way to the locations she had marked on the map, or had already arrived and were attempting to defuse the explosive devices. The Lantern and the umbrakinetic were the latter; she could see them on the camera feed of the shopping district, standing next to the semi-spherical, silver object that was likely the bomb. There was still the possibility that they could be duds, overly grand decoys for the true, more subtle bombs that were concealed far less obviously than the objects they were currently pursuing, but there was no evidence to support or refute it. For now, they needed to work with the information they were provided, and hope that they were not being mislead.

She tapped a few keys, bringing up one of the camera feeds. There was something about this one that was troubling her. It was a video of one of the local news stations, a rather large tower that overshadowed a number of other buildings around it. A grand, highly noticeable landmark. It fit the pattern of all the bomb-areas being major parts of the city, but she couldn't find a bomb. The black and white CCTV feeds stared back at her, crackling in their utter lack of anything that could be reasonably suspicious. Yet she was still troubled by it, still uncertain if it wasn't hiding anything more.

Her fingers flew across the console once more, switching the view to one of the rooftop cameras. There was nothing. Nobody was up on the rooftop. Nothing was present on it. Just a black and white view of a perfectly innocent day.

And it was bothering her.

Armoury's eyes narrowed behind the helm of the suit, gazing at the screen with incredible intensity. There had to be something there. Something.

There was a lighter fuzz in the dark shadows near the bottom of the feed. She quickly zoomed in, ignoring the horrible, pixelated quality that it took upon. She didn't care about that. What she cared about was the fact that there was something sitting in a shadowed part of the rooftop. Her eyes squinted. It was barely differentiated from the rest of the black on the screen, but it was noticeable enough to bother her. It was there and strangely distinct. Relatively round. It could be the bomb. She couldn't tell from where she was. Somebody needed to check it out.

She quickly pinged the communicators of the other heroes with an update to their maps, placing a red marking at the location of the tower. There was a note scribbled down as well, noting that "something is on the roof".

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Violet Lantern
Shopping District

The first person to respond was Mummy Guy, His first response was “Can you move it?” Max thought about it. He could probably pick it up with his ring if it wasn't bolted down or something. Though, that still begged the question what he would do with it once it got off the ground. “I'm at the Main Street Station. . . I don't think I can move this on my own, but. . . well, at least getting this wrong can't kill me right? I'm going to see if Cyborg has any advice.” Mummy Guy continued before hanging up. Max was slightly jealous that he had easy access to the other Titans. Robin would surely know what to do, but Max didn't have his number. He could call another Star Sapphire for help, but that likely wouldn't do much good...

Hunter Sigbin was the next person to answer "You're not the only one. I see the bomb under the bridge and I can't get to it. Too high up and nothing for me to stand on," she said. Max felt kind of bad that he didn't go to the bridge. He could fly, and get to that one. "Think someone could come under to the busiest bridge? There's no way I can get to it without causing damage."

Max made a call to Wonder Boy. He was the other person who could fly, he probably should be able to help. "Wondy, you think you could go and help Hunter? We're kinda busy over here."

While Max had been chatting on the communicator, Nightmare was busy studying the bomb. "No worries, Listen, Blonde Boy, I--" He paused, then turned around, and looked Max in the eye. "Sorry. I've been calling you Blonde Boy in my head the past little while. Flows off the tongue better, and also you're really cute. And your hair's a pretty strawberry blonde."

Max had to stiffle a giggle. That was the same thing Robert said to him when they first met. His love senses were kicking in again. He could tell that love was in bloom. And the feeling was mutual.

He turned around to face the bomb. Most likely he hadn't intended to say all of that out loud. "Listen, could'ja remove the force-field for me? Like, it's a great idea, but I gotta take a look at this thing. Besides, I can make a force field that'll allow me to look at it and protect most everything from a blast."

Max nodded, and let the force field dissipate.

Nightmare scooted closer to the bomb and sat down cross-legged, looking over it. He removed the lid, then after taking a quick look at the inside, he rolled back with laughter. "Violet, come look at this!" he called to his teammate once he stopped laughing enough.

Max looked over his shoulder to see what the fuss was about. All he saw was a rats nest of multicolored* wires, and a timer counting down to when it would blow up. He failed to see what was so funny.

"This is a total embarrassment! Real bombs would not look like this. Now," he explains, turning back to the bomb and gesturing to the bomb's insides, "You can tell this isn't a real bomb. For one thing, you never attach a timer to a bomb. That's dumb, no one does that, and it wastes power. For another thing, do you see how messy and crazy all these wires are? Bombs aren't supposed to be this messy. It'd get in your way. I bet half these wires aren't even necessary. The only place you'll see a bomb like this is in the movies--" He then paused in the middle of his thought. "Movies..." He snapped his fingers, on each hand. "Dude, remember when Control Freak was talking to us? Like I'm super fuzzy on it, but he kept saying stuff like... strength of a Klingon, stealth or something of Foxface, Luke Skywalked something... they're all pop culture references. What if... what if we're dealing with, like, a movie bomb? And we have to cut the wires all cool 'n stuff?" He shook his head, looking away. "Actually, that's a terrible idea. Don't listen to me."

Max was surprised that he could give such a detailed description of the inner workings of a bomb. All of his knowledge of the subject came from cartoons and movies. "Wow, you know a lot about bombs? Have you done this before? I don't think it's a terrible idea. Heck, if I were a villainous fanboy, I'd use a movie bomb too." He then threw his arms around the other guy, and gave him a hug. "BTW, I think you're really cute too." He said with a smile and a wink after letting him go. Next, he waved his hand, and produced a pair of wire cutters made of violet energy. "I may not be able to make anything actually alive, but I can make working stuff... Anyway, usually in these types of movies, there's always a lot of drama involved in cutting the right wire. Question is, which is the right wire?"

(OOC: I'm just guessing the wires are multicolored. I could be wrong...)

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Wonder Boy
TThe City - Bridge

"As a matter of fact we did." Max answeredto Archies question. "We found a bunch of people gathering around something. We're gonna go down and check it out.". It didn't sound as if they needed his help right away, so he continued blying around, looking for whatever could be out of the ordinary. it didn't take long before the Tt. Communicater rang again. A message came over the TT communicator, “Hey, Violet Lantern here! Nightmare and I found one of the bombs in the middle of the shopping district. Quick question, anyone have any idea how to disable this thing? I don't wanna risk doing something stupid, and set it off.”. "You're not the only one. I see the bomb under the bridge and I can't get to it. Too high up and nothing for me to stand on," Hunter sigbin responded. "Don't worry, hunter. I'm on my way." Archie said as he logged off and set course towards the bridge. Just as he was on his way, he was called up by Violet Lantern again. "Wondy, you think you could go and help Hunter? We're kinda busy over here.", at least he had a serious tone this time. "Don't worry about it, I am on my way to her destination now." he said. he paused for a bit before he added. "And please don't call me wondy."

It didn't take too long until he found Hunter, and saw what appeared to be the bomb located somehow far above her, under the bridge near the first set of pillars that kept the bridge up. He took a moment to wonder how in the world this Control Freak guy had managed to place the bomb at that location, but snapped out of it and flew up next to it. It was a round objects, about the size of one of those huge beach balls girls tossed around on the beaches of Miami. It was white and round-ish, with no obvious ways of defusing it. It did, however have a logo of sorts of a fat kid surrounded by fireworks, probably put there to mock them. This angered him, and he took hold of the bomb, and yanked it out of place, holding it in his arms. It wasn't too heavy, but it sure was robust! He figured it would be easier if the bomb was on the ground where Hunter could also try to defuse it, and he took it and threw it downwards with moderate strength. Who knows, maybe it would crack like an egg, revealing the yolk of wires inside? Another part of him hoped he didn't crush hunter, and cursed himself for being reckless.

Oddly, the bomb missed Hunter, and didn't seem to break, or even get scratch from the fall. He landed beside the huge crater it made as he threw it, and decided to do a steady approach instead. "You." he said, looking at hunter, "Do you have any experience with these kinds of explosives?". He knew the chances were slim, but it didn't hurt to ask.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Landmark Bridge

Inside the muddy crater, the white semi-sphere that seemed unharmed at first glance, started humming irritably. Under the lid, the numbers on the timer were flipping around randomly, threatening to turn to 00:00:00 at any moment.

Amanuma
Madison St. Subway Station > Main St. Subway Station

“You know, I'm not an expert at bombs, but this looks like a movie bomb,” commented Cyborg over the communicator, “I'm cross-referencing the image with known schematics on our computer, and so I'm pretty sure half those wires cannot be necessary.”

“Comforting,” grumbled Amanuma. Studying the wires, best he could tell, he had no hope of sorting this out within 1 hour and 10 minutes. Cyborg hummed and hawed on the other end for a moment, then asked, “Oh. . . Okay. . . You got something to cut with?”

“Yeah, right here,” replied Amanuma pulling a multi-tool out of his bandages. He pulled a knife out of the side of it and paused a second. Normally this would have been a moment for a deep breath, but without lungs, that wasn't physically possible. He addressed Cyborg, “Which wire do I cut?”

“Mind you, this is only a theory. . . but under the prominent clump of wires on top, there's a green one running the other direction. I believe you should cut that one,” returned Cyborg. Amanuma tilted his head, peering at the three wires running under a chunk of rat's nest. Red, Green, and Black. He was hesitant, “You're sure it's the green one?”

“No. . .” admitted Cyborg. Beast Boy chimed in, “Well, it's always the green wire in the movies right?”

“Okay,” decided Amanuma, shaking slightly. It couldn't kill him, but it sure would make a mess of him if he was wrong. He slid the blade under the wire and sliced through it. The timer started beeping and running down quickly. “Oh, Set,” Amanuma panicked, backing away and dropping his tool. Cyborg and Beast boy were freaking out on the other side, yammering suggestions that were not helpful, like, 'quick, try the red wire!, 'the black wire!', 'do something man!', and 'duck!'.

The device started hissing like a huge aerosol can. That can not be good, thought Amanuma. Suddenly there was a loud puff, and the station was filled with barrage of sparkling colors. A video game like fanfare played. Blinking, Amanuma realized the colors were confetti, glitter confetti, the most evil of confetties.

Suddenly steps descended into the station, several officers in bomb suits. Amanuma leaned over and looked at the timer, it was stopped on 00:00:01. He stepped away, “Gentlemen, hello. I've defused it, but I don't know how volatile of explosives are contained inside. So, uh, take care handling it.”

He knelt over and grabbed his multitool, then ran and leapt back onto the tracks, taking off, just encase anyone in a chunky protective suit decided to try and grab him. Because his mission wasn't over yet. He stuffed the tool back into his bandages and looked at the communicator screen as he ran, “Thanks guys.”

He switched back to the Citywide conference line with his fellow Titans, “Okay, everyone listen up, 'cause I'm still in one piece. There's three wires running from the left of timer, just under another clump of wires. Cut the green one.”

He then noticed there was a new message, the map had been update with the final location. . . on a roof, of course. Well, best head over there, he decided, crawling onto the next platform, jumping the turnstile, and heading up the stairs.

Last edited: