• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Control Freaks Contest Royal - TT RPG (Rated PG-13)

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Violet Lantern
Shopping District

Before Nightmare had a chance to reply, he got another message. Mummy Guy had actually gotten back to him. “Okay, everyone listen up, 'cause I'm still in one piece. There's three wires running from the left of timer, just under another clump of wires. Cut the green one.”

"Well, that answers that question!" He went over to the mess of wires Ama was talking about, and snipped the green wire with his violet wire cutters of love. The timer started beeping and running down quickly. Max prepared to raise a force field again, just in case something went wrong. When the timer hit one second left, The device started hissing. Then there was a loud puff, a video game like fanfare played, then the device shot sparkly glitter confetti.

"Yay! we did it!" Max exclaimed as he once again threw his arms around Nightmare's shoulders, only this time, he gave him a passionate kiss on his lips. It was quite a romantic moment with all the confetti and music going on in the background. People in the background were watching and clapping. Some even took videos with their smartphones. This was definitely going to end up on Youtube later. Eventually, Max finally let go. "What? Don't look so surprised. I know you like me. I am a Star Sapphire after all, love is sort of my thing!" As he spoke, violet hearts started forming around him. "The feeling is mutual. You definitely picked the right person to develop a crush on!"

Then, Max noticed there was a new message on the communicator, the map had been updated with the final bomb location it was on the roof of the local TV station. "Oh good, they found the final bomb. I suppose we should head there now." This time, Max picked up Nightmare bridal style, and carried him up in the air. "By the way, it might be a weird time to ask this, but you wanna go out some time?" Max asked once they were in the air. "It's been such a long time since I've been on a real date! Not since..." Max frowned at the memory of Robert. He figured it probably wasn't the best idea to bring up his last boyfriend now. "Um... never mind... Anyway, I should probably tell you. I'm only Violet Lantern when on the job. Off duty, I'm just Max." As he said this, the mask covering his blue eyes disappeared.

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Hunter Sigbin; Canis Ryder
Bridge -> En route to News Station

Linda held her communicator back at her side. She was still formulating on what she could do in the mean time, or after anyone comes by to help her get it down. She had absolutely no experience in dismantling a bomb--well, without setting it off, but that's another story for another time--let alone diffusing it. How were they going to stop it? She only had two ideas on that. The first was having Sonic possess it, hope that doing so will make him aware where and what the components are, and shut it down by falling asleep or something. Unlikely, but her second idea wasn't exactly any better. Instead of waiting for it to go boom in the city, she'd take it somewhere far away, a valley or somewhere equally deserted and won't get too affected by a crater, and set it off there. Now that she thought about it again, it was a very bad idea. She had no idea what kind of explosive it used. What if it was nuclear? Making it explode in some distant place wouldn't do anyone any good.

Linda groaned. She was still at square one. She was going to go back to musing when she noticed a guy flying in and go near the bomb. She breathed a sigh of relief. Someone heard her message. She couldn't tell who it was, but she was sure it wasn't Violet Lantern, he didn't have a purple-pink suit that glowed. The guy effortlessly pulled the device off the bridge, which pleased Linda. She expected the guy to just float down with the thing safely, but what did he do? He threw it down and it went down fast. She only had time to exclaim in surprise and flinch when it crashed beside her. Hey, don't look at her like that. Just because she runs fast doesn't mean she reacts at the same speed.

She looked at the device. The device that could've given one really nasty mark on her head. She might have her suit on, but she would prefer not getting hurt, thank you very much. The guy finally floated down on to the ground.

"You," he then said, looking at her. "Do you have any experience with these kinds of explosives?"

She almost got hit and the first thing he says is if she knew about bombs?

She glared at the guy and said, "Buang 'ka ba?! Unsa nga alang sa?!"

Then she blinked, her glare gone and realizing she spoke in her native tongue. She shook her head. This wasn't the time to get mad at teammates, even if said person could've seriously hurt her. There was a bomb to handle and she needed to focus. She waved her hand dismissively and said, "Never mind that."

She then crouched near the bomb, examining it closer and answering his question. "You mean in general? Well, this one time I had to destroy the parts for an IED some terrorists were trying to make," she said. Then glanced at him. "But I don't think that's what you meant, so no."

The joking answer probably wasn't neccessary, but she was miffed that he didn't apologize, and he did ask if she had any experience with bombs, so technically her answer was also a reasonable serious answer. But anyways, she noted there was a seam on the semi-sphere. She carefully pried the thing at the line, and removed the cover. What she found inside was unexecpected and, for lack of a better word that had emphasis on it, looked like hell. There was tangled mess of wires, the amalgamtion was so much she couldn't really see anything under it all. On top of all of it was a rectangle monitor--a timer--showing how much time they had left, but that was what worried her, the numbers were glitching out, switching from various numbers, sometimes coming close to zero.

Her heart started racing. She had to find out which wire it was, and quick. It was a movie bomb, maybe it worked like one. She really hoped to God it did.

She turned her head to the guy with a frantic look and said, "Do you remember what color the wire is from movies?"

Someone else decided to answer that through her com. link.

"Okay, everyone listen up, 'cause I'm still in one piece. There's three wires running from the left of the timer, just under a clump of other wires. Cut the green one."

Linda acted quickly. She placed her com. link on the ground, grabbed her light blue cartridge, then her Canis Shooter, and inserted the cartridge into it. The gun turned into the hilt of a sword. Linda looked for the green wire. When she found it, she carefully pulled it as far out as she could until it felt it wouldn't go any farther. With that, she took great care in placing her sword under the green. Then she sliced upwards, cutting it. The timer stopped at one second before zero and started hissing. Linda tensed and was ready to at least run off with the thing to somewhere safer, but then it did a video game fanfare that you'd hear when you got a valuable (sounded like the Final Fantasy victory fanfare to her), before shooting out shiny confetti.

Linda breathed slowly, her heart finally going back to normal pace. At this point she realized she was clutching her chest and relaxed. She was like that for a moment before she snapped her head to the guy with a scowl and glare.

"You know what? Buang 'ka. You nearly set off the bomb! We were lucky that Ama figured out which wire it was before it blew! What. Were. You. Thinking?"

At this point she noticed the new message on her com. link. She picked it up and saw an updated map, the new dot having a note that it was on the roof of a news station. She stared at it for a moment, then the explosive. It might be diffused, but leaving it here was out of the question. Giving it to the guy was even more so. But what about the bomb on the roof? She held back her sigh. She didn't know where the explosive should be now it was diffused and she really didn't want to think it through right now. She'll just have to trust he doesn't do anything stupid. Besides, from the looks of it, it's unlikely she could carry the bomb anyways.

She stood up and faced him once more. "There's one more bomb in the news station. I'm gonna head there. Could you like, maybe give the bomb to the police or something so they can put it in a safe place or something?" She started to walk to Sonic but then stopped, looked over her shoulder and added in a worried tone, "And please don't pull any stunt like that again. A lot of people could've been hurt."

She whistled and then dashed back up to Sonic, who started his engine. She hopped on and said, "Big news station. The one that smelled like a factory." Sonic barked in acknowledgement and sped off with his rider, really hoping the guy wouldn't do anything stupid.

Sketchie

literally some guy
Nightmare ; Lucas Moncrief
Shopping District

Lucas sat moving wires around, trying to make sense of the mess when Blonde Boy's warm voice pierced the air. "Wow, you know a lot about bombs? Have you done this before? I don't think it's a terrible idea. Heck, if I were a villainous fanboy, I'd use a movie bomb too." Suddenly, Blonde Boy wrapped his arms around Lucas. He froze up for a second, surprised, but quickly relaxed at Blonde Boy's touch. "BTW, I think you're really cute too," Blonde Boy said as he let Lucas go, but not before smiling and winking. Then, with a wave of his hand, he created a pair of violet clippers. "I may not be able to make anything actually alive, but I can make working stuff... Anyway, usually in these types of movies, there's always a lot of drama involved in cutting the right wire. Question is, which is the right wire?"

If there was at least one problem in being incredibly pale, it was that everyone knew when you were blushing. Shocked, Lucas didn't even have time to say anything before The Mummy Dude's voice came on over both boy's communicators. “Okay, everyone listen up, 'cause I'm still in one piece. There's three wires running from the left of timer, just under another clump of wires. Cut the green one.”

"Well, that answers that question!" Blonde Boy beamed, before waltzing in and cutting said green wire. Suddenly the timer started beeping, the time quickly running down. Lucas quickly raised his arms, preparing to create a shield if necessary. He glanced over at Blonde Boy, noticing he did the same. He tensed up as the timer continued to count down, but stopped suddenly as the timer got to one second remaining. It made an odd hissing noise and played... is that the "you won the battle" theme from Pokemon? Lucas took a deep breath and relaxed as he was showered in glitter confetti, letting his head back and his arms fall to his sides.

"Yay! we did it!" Lucas heard Blonde Boy exclaim nearby. He pivoted, about to celebrate with his comrade, when suddenly he found himself in Blonde Boy's arms once more, and -- oh. He found himself in a kiss with gorgeous Blonde Boy, and this wasn't just some quick peck. As the music blared and confetti floated around them, Lucas relaxed, even wrapping his arms around Blonde Boy, pushing into him. He didn't even care that people were cheering and clapping, whatever, he was cool with this. Not internally freaking out. Yep. Eventually, Blonde Boy let go, leaving a surprised look on Lucas's face. "What? Don't look so surprised. I know you like me. I am a Star Sapphire after all, love is sort of my thing!" Blonde Boy beamed. Lucas turned a bright red. OF COURSE. The ONE GUY he to have a crush on was THE LOVE GUY. He looked down, nervously, not noticing the violet hearts forming around him. "The feeling is mutual. You definitely picked the right person to develop a crush on!" wait what

His communicator buzzed, but Lucas was too busy trying to process the last five minutes to pick up his commuso he kindly let his comrade-teammate-potentialpartner take care of it. "Oh good, they found the final bomb. I suppose we should head there now." Max said. Lucas nodded, about to make a remark... and then Blonde Boy had scooped him up into a princess hold and launched himself into the sky. This was all according to plan. Obviously.

"By the way, it might be a weird time to ask this, but you wanna go out some time?" Blonde Boy asked once they were in the air. Lucas cocked his head, intrigued. "It's been such a long time since I've been on a real date! Not since..." Blonde Boy trailed off into a frown. Lucas tensed up -- had he done something wrong? His brain sped itself up, filling up with thoughts of "this is my fault" and "you rushed everything" and "he hates you now."

Overreaction. Typical.

"Um... never mind... Anyway, I should probably tell you. I'm only Violet Lantern when on the job. Off duty, I'm just Max." As Max said this, the mask covering vibrant blue eyes disappeared. Lucas took a deep breath, gazing deeply into Max's eyes. Beautiful. Just like the rest of him. Likely unobtainable. Just like the rest of him.

Lucas smiled, hopelessly trying to relax his muscles. "Max is a good name. I like it," he said, lighthearted and smooth, "My name's Lucas. Probably rolls off the tongue easier and isn't nearly as cliche as Nightmare." He leaned his head back, searching for the building Max was taking them to. He still hadn't bothered checking where that might be, but he trusted Max. He chuckled, taking another deep breath. "So, how long do ya think it'll take to get the kiss up on the internet? Think it's happened by now?"

((OOC: don't... really want to get to the building just yet, since i have no good transition and luc doesn't know where the thing is. sorry.

Last edited:

Titan500

Solar Panels
Armoury
Titans Tower, Common Room

Three out of four explosive devices had been successfully deactivated. Armoury allowed herself a quick sigh of relief, even as she enlarged the camera feeds showing the areas near where the bombs had been placed. It seemed as if both Amanuma and the motorcyclist hero were en route towards the news station. That was good; they needed to remove the final bomb as rapidly as possible if they were to avoid civilian casualties. However, neither of them, to her understanding, were in possession of flying capabilities. That would pose an obstacle if they were to reach the bomb.

She quickly opened up the suit, gears whirring and metal shifting as the Peacekeeper armour opened up to allow her out. Dressed in a simple jumpsuit and slightly disheveled from spending so much time within the confines of the Knight Module, the teenaged girl that had taken upon the name of Armoury looked far from what one would expect a superhero to be.

That didn't matter to her.

A smartphone, sleek and black, slipped out from her sleeve and into her left hand. She wasn't sure of the Internet capabilities present within Titans Tower's console, nor did she know how to access it (the unfolding situation was too difficult a time for her to familiarise herself with the inner workings of the group's machinery), so it would be the mobile data provided by her phone's prepaid plan that she had to rely on.

At least for now.

Armoury quickly opened up a web browser on the phone, tapping the name of the news station into a search engine. A public broadcaster for a metropolis would likely have some form of Internet presence, and it would hopefully be on their site that she could find out how to contact them. They needed to be warned of the bomb's presence, as well as the imminent arrival of some of her fellow superheroes ... teammates.

It was still something she needed to adjust to.

The site was terrible. But that didn't matter. She just needed the number. And with that number, she could dial the station.

She flicked her finger along the touchscreen, scrolling through the webpage. There it was. With rapid movements, she quickly brought up the dialpad and tapped the number in, before holding it up to her ear.

And waited for it to ring through.

And when it did ...

"Hello, this is the Teen Titans. A villain might have put a bomb on your rooftop. Two heroes are en route to disarm it as we speak. It would be appreciated if you assisted them in finding the bomb, as well as evacuating in order to minimise casualties."

She was going to make sure that everyone and everything was safe and secure.

No matter what.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Violet Lantern
City > TV Station Rooftop

Lucas smiled,"Max is a good name. I like it," he said. "My name's Lucas. Probably rolls off the tongue easier and isn't nearly as cliche as Nightmare."

"Thanks. Lucas is a good name too." Max answered. "Hey, Nightmare rolls off the tongue better than Violet Lantern, that's for sure! But it was between this, or Star Sapphire, and lots of people have already taken that name so...."

"So, how long do ya think it'll take to get the kiss up on the internet? Think it's happened by now?"

"With technology now, I'm pretty sure it is. And it probably has lots of views too!" Max replied with a giggle. "I'd check, but my hands are kinda full right now. I just hope people don't leave nasty comments."

The building they were looking for wasn't that difficult for Max to find. He had seen the location on his communicator earlier, and it helped that the building had a large CCTV Logo on the top. When Max found the building, he slowly came in for a landing, then put Lucas down once Max's feet touched the ground. "That was fun wasn't it? Now, if I were a bomb where would I be?" Max walked around the rooftop looking for it. Although, he figured if it was anything like the last one, it would not be hidden. Sure enough, he was right. Although, at least he made an effort this time. It was in a dark corner, obscured by shadows. Still, a shiny metallic sphere was pretty difficult to miss.

Once Max found it, he opened it from the seam on the side, and cut the green wire with violet wire cutters of love. Also just like the last time, the timer counted down to 1 before stopping with one second left, then spewed glitter confetti, and played more victory music. This time, it was the victory music from Splatoon. "Welp, that's that. All four bombs disabled. Phew! Glad that's over with!" He said while wiping sweat of his forehead, and breathing a sigh of relief. He then pulled out his communicator, and made a call to the others. "Hey guys, me again! Don't worry. We've got the last bomb under control, so you can just take your time getting here."

After putting his communicator away, he walked over to Lucas, and gave him a friendly pat on the back. "We did it! Our first mission as Teen Titans was a success! When the others get here, we should celebrate by going out for pizza. I've read that's what the other Titans do! Although, we may have to go back to the tower to get you dressed first. As much as I enjoy your sense of style, I'm pretty sure the pizza place has a no shirt, no shoes, no service policy, hehe. Unless of course, you can magically change clothes the way I do." As he said this, Max's uniform faded away, and he was back in his street clothes, although the ring was still visible on his finger.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Amanuma
Main St. Subway Station > CCTV Station

Upon emerging from the subway station, where a crowd was gathering at a 'safe distance' of several block away, behind police tape, Amanuma summoned Gi once more. There was collective commotion from the distant crowd, at both his appearance and summoning the giant croc. Meanwhile police at the edge of the line, were urging the people to return home.

Amanuma leapt onto Gi's back, and consulted his map, “Gi, we got to get to the news station. I know you don't know where that it. . . just head straight ahead for now.” The crocodile barreled towards the end of the street, causing the further commotion in the crowd there as they simultaneously tried to get out of the way, and get a closer look, snapping pictures with their smart phones.

Gi lowered his head and slid right under the police tape without pause, forcing Amanuma to balance on his back as he stepped over the tape to keep the crowd from breaching the evacuated area. It wasn't the easiest thing, but, he managed to stay onboard just fine.

They headed down the street, with some of the crowd trying to run after them until they got too tired, with Amanuma using his map to direct Gi. The building was not hard to spot. It was tall, built to be intimidating, like one of the great temples he used to work in, though it was not so unique when placed among the other skyscrapers. But, with people streaming of doors in terror, he was pretty sure he had the right building. In the distance he could hear sirens, the already strained emergency services were still trying to get here.

Amanuma slipped his communicator into his bandages and dismissed Gi. There was no point in having a giant crocodile hang out alone where people were already panicked. He started to push his way through the crowd, struggling to get into the lobby. There he was able to step around the majority of the crowd and proceed towards the alcove containing the elevator and stairs. A few stragglers were still exiting the stairwell, and the elevators were up on higher floors, suggesting a few disabled employees were still stranded up there. Amanuma entered the stairwell and looked up, he was not looking forward to this climb.

He grabbed the handrail and started running up the stairs, dodging the dawdlers. He hadn't even made it to the second floor when his communicator pinged, “Hey guys, me again! Don't worry. We've got the last bomb under control, so you can just take your time getting here.”

He stopped. So, Violet Lantern had dealt with the fourth bomb. Take their time? Nope, this wasn't their problem anymore, the bomb squad would be by to pick it up. He turned and started out of the stairwell. He held up his communicator and replied on the open line, double checking, “Subway, bridge, shopping district, TV station. . . yep, that must be all of them. Okay team, stand down, the police will take care of the devices from here. . .”

He put his communicator away. What now? Amanuma wasn't sure, but he hoped Control Freak was satisfied and would leave them alone. He walked out of the building easily, most of fleeing civilians were long gone now.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
=-------------------~~-------------------=
Wonder Boy
The City - Bridge, -> Titan Tower

Huter seemed quite distressed by Archies solution to the bomb being out of reach, and he made a mental note to be a bit more careful next time. "Buang 'ka ba?! Unsa nga alang sa?!" she snapped, obviously somewhat upset. Archie raised an eyebrow, as this wasn't a language he was experienced in. Then, as if she snapped out of a trance, she started speaking normally. "Never mind that.", she said, still sounding serious.

she then went over to the bomb to examine it while she answered his initial question. "You mean in general? Well, this one time I had to destroy the parts for an IED some terrorists were trying to make. But I don't think that's what you meant, so no." she said, and Archie sighed. Well great, she didn't now how to disarm this thing either. Archie hovered behind her, looking over her shoulder at the bomb as she opened the panel covering the timer etc. The numbers were going about in a frenzy. "Well, at least that might have bought us some time..." he mumbled, not really believing it himself. "Do you remember what color the wire is from movies?" she asked, turning towards him with a rather distressed look on her face. ".. movies?" Archie asked, confused. she asked if he had any experience in bomb-disarming, and though he did, these was not the kind of bombs he was used to. Luckily, the answer came quickly from a voice in their com. link.

"Okay, everyone listen up, 'cause I'm still in one piece. There's three wires running from the left of the timer, just under a clump of other wires. Cut the green one." they were instructed. Hunter then preformed some sort of technological magic, transforming her weapon to a sword which she used to cut the green wire. He still watched from above her shoulder in awe as she acted quickly. The timer stopped at one second before zero and started hissing. Archie stepped back a bit, before the bomb made a weird musical number, shooting confetti out from somewhere. Both Archie and hunter seemed to relax a bit more now. "You know what? Buang 'ka. You nearly set off the bomb! We were lucky that Ama figured out which wire it was before it blew! What. Were. You. Thinking?" she ranted to Archie, pretty upset. "Well, you did want to be able to examin the bomb, didn't you?" he answered before turning away. "I'll try to be a bit more careful next time. My apologies."

moments later, his com. link beeped again, and he watched as a red dot appeared on what appeared to be a map. If memory served him right, it must be the location of the remaining bomb, located at the news station. "There's one more bomb in the news station. I'm gonna head there. Could you like, maybe give the bomb to the police or something so they can put it in a safe place or something?" hunter said, referring to him again. "And please don't pull any stunt like that again. A lot of people could've been hurt." she sounded more worried rather than angry this time, and Archie nodded as an answer. She then ran off.

Archie stood in silence for a short while, looking at the bomb. It was diffused now, and posed no threat. But it would likely be treated as evidence once he got it to the police station. He would do them a favor by bringing it to them, and who knows, this Control Freak might lurk around, arming them again without them knowing. Shaking his head, he walked over to the sphere and picked it up. It was a bit simpler to hold unto now that it had been smashed to the ground. the impact had given it a few edges he could get a better grip of, and he lifted it up. It wasn't heavy, but he held it in both his hands as he started to levitate off the ground and into the sky. He knew where the police station was.. ish.

Flying around with a bomb looked silly, and once he had gotten the right address, he finally managed to find the police station, after a few misunderstandings in where he arrived at the childrens hospital first, then the home for the elderly, a post office, Wayne-Tech's building and then finally the station. He found a location where there weren't many people, before dropping the bomb once again, a bit more gentle than he did the first time. He then dropped himself to the ground, landing with enough force to smash up the road and make a small crater next to where the bomb had landed first. It stopped traffic, and all heads within a kilometers radius turned their head to him, or so it felt. He immediately regretted this form of entrance, and remembered what Hunter said about being careful. It didn't seem like nobody was hurt, luckily enough, so he picked up the bomb again, and entered the station. "So, ehm.. I was tasked to deliver you this. We disarmed this thing." he said to the guy behind the counter, looking in awe the overhumanly strength required to move the thing. "Eh.. thank you! Thanks!, yes! Without you guys, the city would have been done for!" the police officer said after regaining himself. 3 Police officers then entered to move the bomb to a safer location, and Archie exited the station and took to the skies again.

As he got to the skies again, his com. link buzzed again. "Hey guys, me again! Don't worry. We've got the last bomb under control, so you can just take your time getting here." the Violet Lantern said. Well, good that's over with. It appeared they had succeeded in their first mission as a team. "Subway, bridge, shopping district, TV station. . . yep, that must be all of them. Okay team, stand down, the police will take care of the devices from here. . .” the mummy said over the com. link. He sighed a sigh of relief, before contacting the others. "I've delivered the bomb from the bridge site to the police already. What do we do now? meet up at the tower?"

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Violet Lantern; Max Hudson
TV Station

Shortly after he made his call, Max got a response from Ama. “Subway, bridge, shopping district, TV station. . . yep, that must be all of them. Okay team, stand down, the police will take care of the devices from here. . .” Max hoped they would also take care of the bomb in the shopping district. It only occured to him at that moment that he probably shouldn't have left it there, but he was distracted. Oh well, the police would probably deal with it now. After all, a bomb in the middle of a busy shopping center was hard to miss.

"Alright, we are done!" Max took Lucas by his hand and pulled him to a nearby door that led to the stairwell inside the TV station. "Come on, we can walk back to the tower this time. I'm sure you must be sick of me dragging you all over town by now huh? Haha!" He laughed while rubbing the back of his head. "Besides, unless Control Freak decides to place more bombs in the city, I don't think we're in any rush."

As they walked down the stairs, Max squeezed Lucas' hand, and kept right on talking. "Ya know, for a guy who calls himself Nightmare, you sure don't fit the stereotype. You know, dark, brooding, angsty, emo... Thank god for that! That type gets old after a while. You are absolutely adorable! And you have the prettiest green eyes! Although... for some reason, I still get the feeling that you need my help. I can't imagine why, you seem fine to me, but I'm here to help." On their way down, they passed by several police officers going up in an organized single file line. Most likely to get rid of the bomb on the roof.

He then got a message on his communicator from Wonder Boy"I've delivered the bomb from the bridge site to the police already. What do we do now? meet up at the tower?"

"That's the plan!" Max answered back. Once they finally made it down the stairs, they headed to the exit. By this point, the building had pretty much been evacuated, the place was practically empty, save for the police officers on the roof. When they finally got outside, they took a few steps before Max saw one of his fellow Titans. "Oh look, Ama made it!" Max waved his free arm frantically to get his attention. "Hey Ama! You made it! Lucas and are on our way back to the tower now. Listen, I was thinking. Since our first mission as a team was a success, we should all go out for Pizza to celebrate. I've heard that's what the other Titans do!" As he spoke, Max was still holding Lucas' hand, and swinging his arm up and down.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Amanuma
CCTV Station > en route to Tower

As Amanuma considered his next move, Wonder Boy's voice came over the com link, “I've delivered the bomb from the bridge site to the police already. What do we do now? meet up at the tower?”

“That's the plan!” he head Violet Lantern reply. Amanuma nodded to himself, sounded like someone else might be taking the lead for now. That didn't bother him, he been both a follower and leader, they both had advantages and disadvantages.

He didn't bother summoning Gi, the giant croc had probably had enough of being summoned and dismissed for a while. It had to get annoying being pulled out of your environment and whatever you were doing, just to ferry someone around. Amanuma supposed he'd just walk, or maybe take a bus, he wasn't above taking the bus even when he looked like a mummy. Probably walk, he was still a mess from roaming around in the sewers, they might not even let him on the bus.

He didn't get to far before he heard Violet Lantern talking, “Oh look, Ama made it!” and turned. Lantern was out of uniform but waving frantically, “Hey Ama! You made it! Lucas and are on our way back to the tower now. Listen, I was thinking. Since our first mission as a team was a success, we should all go out for Pizza to celebrate. I've heard that's what the other Titans do!” He was swinging their arms around awkwardly, maybe even idiotically Amanuma would say, as idiotically as randomly dropping your uniform. But at least the two of were reliable to get the job done.

He waited for them before resuming walking, “That sounds alright, I need to get cleaned-up anyways.” These bandages were toast, plus if they were going without their uniforms, he should probably cast his glimmer. He looked over Violet Lantern's civilian clothes, commenting (since the street was empty), “And Lavender, should maybe give a little more thought to when and where you change.”

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
City -> Outside CCTV Station

Linda glanced at her surroundings. They were about slightly over halfway to TV station now. The pair passed by another red light by taking the most empty sidewalk then returning back onto the street. She was glad that she could just leave the driving to Sonic. It wasn't like she had awesome driving skills, as much as she wished she had, to avoid civilians safely. Although she wondered how Sonic was so good at dodging people. Maybe that was why she could never catch Sonic when he was a living dog. It was about this time that her communicator rung and then Ama spoke, saying they got all the bombs now. Then the boy she met earlier spoke, saying he had delivered the explosive.

She sighed in relief. So she could trust him. But that still didn't explain what made him think throwing a bomb was okay. She returned to reality as she saw the TV station, and skidded to a stop right in front of it. But then she blinked. A guy in rather brightly colored clothes with...Nightmare, was it? ...and Ama... One sniff, and she quickly cringe. ...who was absolutely stinking filthy. How funny she was known for speed and she wasn't the first to arrive. Oh well, at least everyone was now safe.

“And Lavender, should maybe give a little more thought to when and where you change.”

Lavender? She looked at the guy again and realized it was Violet Lantern. No wonder he was vaguely familiar.

As for what Ama said... "Yeah, unless you want fans and villains swarming you," she said with a smile. She did mean what she said though. It wasn't a good idea.

She was about to tell Sonic to bring her back to the tower, but then she remembered her teammates. They would probably be just fine heading to the tower by themselves, but it wouldn't hurt to do them a favor. Especially Ama. The sooner he gets clean, the better for everyone's nose.

"You guys wanna lift back? I'm sure Sonic can carry you guys while I just run." Sonic barked, his headlight flashing for a brief moment at that action.

--

OOC: Hopefully this post isn't below the minimum in the rules...

Titan500

Solar Panels
Armoury
Titans Tower

Every single one of the explosive devices had been successfully disarmed without civilian casualties. That was, of course, if they were working under the assumption that these were merely decoys planted to misdirect the assembled team of adolescent superheroes and prevent them from stopping the attack on the city. It was a frightening possibility, and one that, to Armoury, could have been utterly possible, especially when she was entirely ignorant of the modus operandi favoured by the villain known as Control Freak. If four such bombs had been so easily scattered across Chromium City with none the wiser, with only the one situated in a busy district even noticed by the citizens, then it would have been horrifyingly simple to have more weapons hidden, armed and ready to bring about the deaths of so many innocent lives. Yet until the deadline was finally reached, she would not know the truth. She would not know if they had truly succeeded, or if they had been played for fools.

She wanted to believe that it was the former. She wanted to believe that Control Freak had not lied in his instructions, and that they had truly disarmed the four explosives that threatened the people.

But the thought still niggled at her from the deep recesses of her mind.

Were the people really safe?

Armoury listened to the enthusiastic chatter through the communicators, of the relief and excitement possessed by members of the team of superheroes she had joined. They had saved the city on their first time together, without bringing too much danger to the lives of the citizens. It was comforting hearing it all. It seemed to ... confirm her beliefs. It seemed to reassure her that it would be fine. That the people would be safe.

She allowed herself to release a quiet sigh.

"Good job," was what was contained in the message the young hero broadcasted to the other Titans.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Amanuma
en route to Tower

Amanuma had no sooner commented on Violet Lantern's costume change, then realized the three of them became four, with Canis Ryder's motorcycle skidding to a stop in front of them. She immediately added to his comment with, “Yeah, unless you want fans and villains swarming you.”

Amanuma couldn't help smiling at that, as it was exactly what he was thinking. Though his bandages mostly hid his expressions, and likely no one noticed. He'd sometimes wondered if that was part of why he tended to overreact verbally.

Ryder then asked if they wanted a lift, as she could run back. Ama didn't really mind walking, however he wanted to get cleaned-up pretty soon, but then again, did she really want him on her ride? “Are you sure you're okay with that?”

(I'll just leave how everyone gets back vague so we can move on.)

CC TT Tower: Ama's Room > Common Room

Back at the Tower, Amanuma slipped away from the rest of the group and went to his room. It wasn't particularly well furnished; a wooden desk with a couple of notebooks and scrolls on it, as well as a canopic jar, a small wooden bed designed to resemble a sarcophagus, though it was a far cry from the real thing, not the Amanuma even cared, but he'd berated the craftsman for insisting on making it a sarcophagus anyways, and a small cabinet containing extra bandages and clothes. That was the first thing, Amanuma unraveled his bandages and dropped them directly in the trash. The jewelery and items tucked inside his bandages were salvageable, but he figured nothing cloth was worth saving.

He took a nice long shower and dried off, before washing his ankh and djed. He retrieved some fresh bandages used magic to re-wrap himself, setting the rolls on the floor and making a twisting motion with his wrists. It was really slow to wrap himself by hand, and though he didn't strictly need it, it was at least a courtesy to others, as he was well aware of what he looked like.

Speaking of looking like. . . they were going out, as civilians, so he ought to play along with that as well. He picked up his wand, he didn't need it anymore for a lot of his magic, but this spell was a bit outside his comfort zone, a glimmer. It caused the viewer to see the person they were looking at as alive; fleshy and healthy.

But he still needed clothes, and therefore got out a pair of jeans and a green striped polo, and put them on. He glanced in the mirror and chuckled to himself. He still had the reflection of a mummy, as he'd yet to work that kink out, and therefore the result just looked stupid. He stuffed his TT communicator, djed charm, and a couple bills in his pocket, then replaced the ankh, without the beaded portion, around his neck.

He wondered if he was taking too long as he put on some socks and shoes. This disguise was a pain in the. . . but it was worth it for his team to get a little peace. He then headed back out into the common room to meet with the others.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
(OOC: I'm booking it!)

TV Station

“That sounds alright, I need to get cleaned-up anyways. And Lavender, should maybe give a little more thought to when and where you change.”

Before Max had a chance to reply to that comment, Hunter skidded in on her motorcycle. She immediately added to his comment with, “Yeah, unless you want fans and villains swarming you.”

Max just giggled. He never had a problem with being swarmed by fans or villains before. Sure, the occasional teenage girl might talk to him, but he never dealt with anything he would consider swarming. He wasn't that famous yet. "Hehe, Lavender. That's cute! Anyway, I think I'll be fine. It's not like there was anybody else on the roof at the time. Besides, it's not like someone is not gonna recognize me just because they can't see my cheekbones."

Hunter then asked if they wanted a lift, as she could run back. Max shook his head no. "Nah, I'm fine with walking. Ooh, before I forget, I already told Ama this, but I was thinking after we get back to the tower and get all cleaned up or whatever, we should all go out for pizza to celebrate our success! Your welcome to come along too, if you want."

CC TT Tower: > Max's Room > Hallway > Common Room

Once everyone got back to the tower, and everyone went their separate ways, Max had to share his plans with the rest of his team. First he went back to his room to grab his bag his bag, which also contained his wallet. As he was already dressed and ready to go, he didn't need to spend a lot of time showering or doing much to get ready, as soon as he got his stuff together, he was all ready to go.

The next thing he did was walk over to the door to Wonder Boy's room. and knocked on the door loudly. "You hoo, Wondy! Are ya in there? Anyway, just wanted to tell you, that we're all gonna go out for pizza! You can come too if you want!" And once that message was delivered, he knew there was still one more Titan he had to give an invitation to. Last he checked she was still waiting in the common room. The last girl didn't talk much, and Max didn't know what her name was, but she was the one who located the bombs, so she deserved to get in on this party too.

Max eventually did find the dirty blonde girl dressed in a simple jumpsuit, standing nearby to what looked like a futuristic suit of armor. "Hey, there ya are!" Max greeted with a wave. "I take it you were the one who found all the bombs? Thanks, we couldn't have done it without ya!" He gave a thumbs up gesture. "So, anyway, I was thinking, to celebrate our first successful mission as a team, we should all go out for pizza! I heard that's what the other Titans do. You're welcome to come along if you want... Um... I'm sorry... I didn't catch your name earlier. I'm Max. also Violet Lantern." He introduced himself as he held out his hand.

Last edited:

Sketchie

literally some guy
Lucas Moncrief ; Nightmare
The Tower, Luc's Room --> Hallway

Lucas sat in the shower, breathing deeply as the ice cold water hit his back. He had to admit, the water pressure in this tower was amazing. Calm, slow deep breaths. Focus on the water. Keep the anxieties at bay. What a day. First a bomb, then a kiss, then being taken into the sky bridal-position, and at the end of it all, a cute boy was holding his hand. He hates you, he hates you so much, give it time. Calm, slow deep breaths. They'll all leave eventually and you know it. Focus on the water. He's lying, he's lying and he hates you, they all do. Give it time. You hate yourself too. Keep the anxieties at bay.

The razor's in the top-left hand drawer. You know where it is.

Lucas ran his hand through his hair, making sure he had gotten all the gel out. Damn, the intrusive thoughts were at it today. He slowly got to his feet, turned off the shower and stepped onto the tile. He shook his hair out, ruffling his bangs so they fell perfectly in place. His gaze fell to his arm, and a knot formed in his stomach. He shook it out. No need feeling terrible about anything. Though, admittedly, he wish he had brought along some long-sleeved shirts. The scars hurt just by looking at them.

After putting his pants back on, and managing to find a black muscle shirt to go with it, he spun in his room and fell onto his bed. He groaned, stretching his arms out, searching for the neck of his guitar. After a moment or two, his hand ran into his acoustic guitar, and with a smile he hauled it up on top of him. He sat up, positioning the guitar just so, before finding the chords he wanted.

Stra-a-a-awberry blonde boy, you got my heart
I wouldn't even mind if you tore me apart
Kiss me once I'm not watching, take my hand and fly away
Da da da, sa-something something... that rhymes with away?

Lucas ran over the last line over and over again, but never getting anything he wanted. He sighed, setting his guitar down gently before hauling himself off the bed, and walked out of the room. As he walked down the hallways to the common room, he quietly sang the song under his breath, each time using something else for the last line, each time shaking his head in frustration. He wondered what Max was up to anyway. Probably getting ready to go out for pizza. He hoped he wasn't too late for that.

((OOC: if... anyone wants to hear the song he's writing, i can record myself singing that snippet. it'll be in the wrong key, since i can't sing as low as he can, but it'll still be accurate. (also, wrong tambre probably.)

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Wonder Boy
Titan Tower

As expected, after finishing the mission. the next objection was to meet up at the Titans Tower. The aftermatch of the scenario was being handled by the police, so all he had to do was to fly back to the Tower, which he had no arguments about. It was good to get to take it slow for once. Those few hours had seemed like a month, more or less. He was really looking forward to get back to his room and get cleaned up, and to get changed out of his armor into something a little more.. modern day? He had his usual outfit from back at Themyscira too, but walking around in a light blue shirtless toga outfit with leather sandals probably didn't go well with the modern customs.

Back at the tower, Archie ignored the rest of the group and avoided them as he made his way back to his room. The people designing this had been clever in the way they had styled the room like an ancient greek temple. The bed was huge, with greek styled pillars in each corner, draped with sil curtains, and simple blue sheets. The rest of the room was more or less modest, with a wooden desk, a matching chair, and a regular desk where he had most of his stuff. He didn't bring much from his home, so he had improvised with movies, CD's and a modern laptop so he could catch up the gap in technology.

Next on his agenda was taking a shower. He loved these high tech showers the modern world had, and had stood under it until he had used up all the warm water the first time he tried it. The pressure in the tower was simply just amazing, and it took a lot of selc-control for Archie not to stand there for another 3 hours. He quickly got cleaned up and stepped out. Wearing a towel around his waist (much like the toga outfit from his home), he walked around trying to find something to wear. He hadn't bought a lot of clothes after he had gotten there, but enough to make it a difficult decission on what to wear. as he was deep in thought, he heard it knocking on the door. "You hoo, Wondy! Are ya in there? Anyway, just wanted to tell you, that we're all gonna go out for pizza! You can come too if you want!" the familiar voice said. Pizza. He didn't know what that was, but it was likely some sort of food, and he was indeed hungry. That was one of the things he didn't like about this world. He wasn't protected by the immortality spell from his home, which also meant physiological needs he needed to look out for. He sighed. "I'll be out in a minute!" he said loudly to the door, not knowing if Max was still there or not.

After he got dressed in his regular outfit consisting of his red sleeveless shirt and bright jeans. He also added the "W"-buckled belt he had started to grow fond of. Afterwards, he exited his room and went for the main living room to wait for the others, bracing himself for having to be social with the bunch of people he didn't yet know.

Titan500

Solar Panels
Armoury
Titans Tower Common Room

One of the other adolescent superheroes present within the building had approached her. She slowly and lackadaisically peeled her gaze away from the console screen, rotating her head leftwards to blink her brilliant jade eyes at the older teenager. It was the Lantern, the one that had taken to romancing one of the others on their first day. A ... Violet Lantern, to be precise. She did not know exactly what that was, but she was relatively familiar with the other types of Lanterns that had popped up over the years. They were growing increasingly colourful. What were these violet ones like, then? They definitely could not have been berserkers like the Red Lanterns she had heard of; otherwise she would have already suffered a violet death at the hands of this handsome boy.

It was a horrid joke.

She found it amusing anyway.

Her face was still set in its bland, dispassionate nature as she glanced up and down at Max. Someone who would now ... be her teammate.

It was a strange word.

It was even stranger, knowing that she was now part of a group.

Strange ... but nice.

She was staring.

She ... that was awkward.

Was he waiting for a reply?

"I'm ... Armoury," she said quietly, clipped tones escaping her throat with slight resistance.

There, she had introduced herself.

She was tired.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
CC TT Tower: Common Room

After a very long awkward, Armory finally gave her name, Although, she hadn't taken his hand to shake it. Max didn't take it too personally. "Hm... alrighty then. You're the shy type huh? That's alright! You'll grow to like us with time. We are a bunch of teenagers living in a tower together, fighting crime! We are gonna have to get along somehow!" He answered with a smile.

Max looked around, and saw that everyone else was already gathered in the common room, all of them dressed in civilian clothes. Even Ama looked radically different from the mummy guy he had seen before. "Oh good, we're all ready to go!"

Bus Stop > Bus

They took a few steps outside the tower before they got to the nearest bus stop. "Yep, we're taking the bus." Max said as the large vehicle started pulling up. He had to admit, it wasn't the way he would be travelling as a Teen Titan. But apparently, they didn't have a way to travel without attracting attention, so the bus was the only option. Max himself did have a license, but hadn't yet bothered to get a car. He did however have bus pass. For those occasions where he couldn't just fly somewhere. "The Pizza place isn't too far from here. It's actually in the same shopping district that one bomb was... As long as the six of us don't make a scene, we should be fine. After all, a group of teenagers going out for pizza is nothing unusual right?"

When the bus, Max showed the driver his bus pass, then took the first seat he could find. It seemed like the bus was unusually crowded today, so finding an empty seat might be a commodity.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Amanuma [aka Dexter]
CC TT Tower: Common Room > Bus stop > Bus

A few titans were already in the common room by the time Ama got there. He noticed Violet and Armory (who he was surprised to learn was actually a small girl in contrast to the armor, and not some huge jock type guy), interacting, though the rest of them were more just standing around awkwardly. He also noted that he should probably take the time to learn their civilian names.

Once everyone was there, Violet announced it was time to go and lead them out to the bus stop, explaining where the pizza shop was (ironically close to one of the bombs they'd defused), and suggesting they don't make a scene. Amanuma tiletd his head, “We're teenagers, it's be suspicious if we don't make a scene.”

They started loading onto the bus, and Amanuma dug around in his pocket for his bus pass. A piece of thick white and magenta paper printed with the month and some little holograms. What a lot of security measures for a bus pass, random color of the month, random codes, holograms, what kind of world were they living in? Wait, it was the kind that need heroes so bad it was will to take teenagers.

He grabbed the pole next to the seat Violet had taken, letting someone else have the seat next to him. He leaned against the pole as the bus started to move, looking down at Violet, “It's Dexter by the way.”

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Titan's Tower -> Bus

Linda let Ama ride on Sonic while she kept pace with them to the tower. She didn't mind it at all, it was only the smell that bothered her. She forgot how bad sewers can smell. After Ama got off of Sonic, she sent him off to his usual hiding spot: a restoration shop not too far from here when at top speed. Yes, it was odd, but she still hadn't found out if the tower had an underground basement with a tunnel. As soon as she was sure Sonic left, she dashed inside and to her room, careful to not bump into anyone. Once there, she quietly shut her door. She thought about perhaps locking it for moment, then said with a dismissive wave of her hand, "Nah."

She tapped the back of her hands then she was surrounded by light again, parts of her body changing again. In a moment, the light was gone and there stood Linda, with her family's gloves and white jacket. She sighed and stood there for a few moments to catch her breath. When she was done, she made the sign of the cross and did a quick prayer of thanks, saying "Amen" before repeating the sign once more. She always did this after every mission. Though she now prefered to do it alone, since she didn't really want anyone to think she was a religious fanatic, praying after every mission. She didn't exactly mind that Ama didn't believe in any higher power, or anyone really, and she shouldn't be ashamed for being Catholic, but not everyone was friendly about others' beliefs. She was glad that Ama didn't mind. It made the mummy's snarkiness less snippy in her mind.

She glanced around her room, her sight then landing on her plastic drawer. She said she'd come along to the pizza place, but there was only one problem. Well, not really a problem for them, but it was for her. She didn't like ketchup, which means she didn't like pizza. She's tried it several times, and even different kinds, but she just couldn't stand the ketchup. That's why she got out this container from her drawer filled with bread, specifically pandesal.

She put it on top of the drawer and opened it. She got a spare plastic and put three in it, before closing it and returning the container. She also got some of her allowance for the bus then closed the drawer. She thought of giving the place they were going to a chance to see if there was anything she'd like to eat, but if there wasn't anything, then she'd eat her bread. She placed it in her jacket's pocket then walked to the common room. She arrived just after a girl originally inside a mecha suit introduced herself as Armory. Linda blinked.

That was a cool looking suit.

At the bus stop, Lantern asked them to not make a rucuss. Ama said to that, "We're teenagers, it'd be suspicious if we don't make a scene."

She chuckled at that. It was certainly true in America. She sometimes wondered how would American teenagers react to the rather tame Philippine teenagers. She has yet to meet one Filipino teenager who wasn't nice.

When the bus arrived, she saw Ama and Lantern pull something out and show it. A bus pass, was it? She didn't have one either way, and so paid the fare. Upon seeing the inside of the transport, it reminded her so much of a full jeepney from the Philippines. Sure, it was also like a full buss in there, since they were busses, but it still reminded her of a jeepney. The only difference was that she couldn't hold on to the back of the packed vehicle. Thankfully for her, she was used to standing in (or on) a vehicle. She grabbed a pole opposite of the one Ama held. He told Lantern his name was Dexter.

She highly doubted that was his real name, or even close to it. He was a mummy from ancient Egypt. But seeing as she had a little difficulty with pronouncing his super name, she figured he picked a simple name over his real and most likely near unpronounceable name. Since he said his name, she thought of doing the same, especially for new ones. Except she'll say her real name.

"Mine's Linda; Linda Matulin."

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Wonder Boy
The bus

"Yep, we're taking the bus." Max said a bit too enthusiastically as the large vehicle pulled up in front of the group once everyone had left the tower. "The Pizza place isn't too far from here. It's actually in the same shopping district that one bomb was... As long as the six of us don't make a scene, we should be fine. After all, a group of teenagers going out for pizza is nothing unusual right?" he said before getting on the bus. Archie saw that some of the others pulled out what looked like smal cards of sorts which allowed them passage. As Archie stepped in, the bus driver looked at him, anticipating him having one of those magical security cards as well. He just stood there, looking at the driver seriously. "I take it you're going where the others are?" he said, pointing back in the bus. "... Yes." Archie answered. "That'll be 18€*" he then said. That's... a lot. Archie thought. Or at least he thought it was. He hadn't taken the bus before, and didn't know how money worked, as they usually paid with physical labour back on Themyscira. Luckily, he did have more than enough for the fee, and went back in the bus to where the others sat.

He came just in time for the introduction round, starting with mummy-guy, calling himself Dexter. Odd sounding name for an old Egyptian mummy, indeed, but it was probably simpler than Blablayoloteph or whatever his old name must have been. "Mine's Linda; Linda Matulin." Hunter said. Nice to have a name on the person he nearly squashed earlier. He shrugged by the thought of it. The consequences of that would not have been pretty. Dexter was standing by a pole next to an empty seat, which Archie wiggled his way into. The bus itself was pretty crowded, and every now and then he saw some girls turning back to Discrètly stare at the sudden arrival of very fit guys. It all felt awkward, and he scooped over to the window seat. "My name's Arcturus, firstborn prince of Themyscira, brother to princesses Diana Prince and Donna Troy of Themyscira.". He didn't say it with as much pride as he used to, considering the people in front and behind him turned and looked oddly at him, though one of the girls quickly turned back. Archie sighed. "Where exactly are we going?"

Last edited: