• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Control Freaks Contest Royal - TT RPG (Rated PG-13)

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Violet Lantern; Max Hudson
The Air > Chromium Mall; Roof

While Max and Luc were flying, something odd on the roof of one of the buildings caught Max's attention. It was some sort of odd contraption Max wasn't at all familiar with. As he flew closer to it, he saw Rapunzel and Luc's guitar were being held hostage inside the strange device. He also recognized the building. It was the Chromium City shopping Mall. Of course he would put our stuff in a big popular place. Max wasn't surprised. "Well look at that... He is dumb enough to put both our stuff in the same place. Come on, let's go down there and get em."

Once Max and Luc landed on the roof of the building, Max took a closer look at the device holding their things hostage. It was metal and a bottom, and a clear dome on the top, leaving the contents inside the dome perfectly clear to see. In front of the strange device there was what appeared to be some sort of control panel. What was odd was that the control panel had only two buttons on it. One red, and one blue. Max didn't pay much attention to the panel. Instead, his hands started glowing. "Hang on, I'll blast our stuff out of there." With that, Max fired a violet, heart shaped beam from his hands intended to destroy the device, and free their belongings. Except that it didn't work. A force field of energy came up around the device, harmlessly absorbing Max's attack. Max was confused. "Wait... what?" It was only then he noticed that there was a note left at the Control Panel with the two buttons. "Hm... what's this?" Max walked over, looked at the note, and as soon as he read it, Max's face fell.

Max walked over to Lucas, and showed his was written on the note. The note congratulated them for successfully finding their belongings, but that the challenge wasn't over yet. The device the things were contained in has protection against both their powers, so destroying it was impossible. The only way to free the items was to press the buttons on the control panel. Except, only one of their things could be saved, and the other would be lost forever. The red button freed Rapunzel, while the blue button freed Luc's guitar. It told them to choose wisely, and was signed by Control Freak. "So yeah... this is a thing..." Max said sadly. "Welp... I think I know what has to be done..."

And without even asking Lucas anything about what they should do, Max walked up to the control panel. After a brief moment of hesitation, Max shut his eyes, and pressed the blue button. Immediately, Rapunzel started to lower down, then the dome opened up, and Luca's guitar was set free. Max had chosen to give up his favorite Unicorn for someone else. It just felt like the right thing to do, even if it did hurt having to do that. He also didn't want to get into a whole discussion of which item was worth saving. It was clear that both items were equally important to them. Someone was going to lose no matter what.

He surrounded the guitar with violet energy, and levitated it into Lucas' hands without turning around to face him. "I...think this belongs to you... I imagine guitars are lot more expensive than plush Unicorns..."

Max took a minute to take several breaths, and get his emotions under control. He was still in shock that he had actually just done that himself. Finally, he turned around to face Lucas. "I know what you're probably thinking. But Max, you made that whole scene back at the tower. Don't you want to save Rapunzel? Well believe me, I did." Tears were still coming down Max's cheeks, but at the same time, he also had a smile on his face. He knew he was about to say something cheesy, but Max didn't really care. "But... Your guitar is just as important to you as Rapunzel is to me... Sometimes... you have to give stuff up for people you care about... That's what love is all about, right?" Max placed his hand on Lucas' chest. "I'm sure I've made it pretty obvious by now, but I like you a lot. Even if we did only just meet, I feel like we have something special. Besides, I've already lost two people that were important to me. I think I'm strong enough to cope with it a third time..."

Last edited:

Titan500

Solar Panels
Camilla Blair
Titans' Tower

The Amazon had taken the suit. Camilla quietly allowed herself a sigh of relief. That was one issue taken care of, although she would have much preferred it had there had been a little more subtlety involved. It would have minimised the interest the press had in them. She never really liked the media; they were just ... too tiring to deal with when all she wanted to do was protect people. The spotlight was far too much, and it placed their identities at greater risk. Still, it was something she could manage, hopefully. She just needed to avoid being seen with her suit and leave crime scenes before the cameras arrived.

Although ... there would be some difficulty getting into the Tower with so many people outside.

Camilla ducked through the crowd once more, quiet as a mouse as she moved herself close enough to observe the surroundings of the Tower. Her mind was rapidly thinking up ways to get inside without anyone noticing, but the reporter's presence meant that cameras were rolling with the building's entrance in the backdrop. That was a massive obstacle. Why did the media have to come here now, of all times? She just wished to regroup with the others ... to return to being Armoury instead of just another teenage girl.

To be useful for once.

She tapped another message out in the communicator.

IS THERE ANOTHER ENTRANCE?

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
OOC: I finally finished it. Just so you know, I kind lf wanted to get through the challenge already to get to the next one (especially after how long I took) so...hopefully you don't mind me finishing.

Hunter Sigbin/Canis Ryder; Linda Matulin
Titans' Tower -> City Museum

Linda sighed in relief as Archie came back with Armory's uh...suit. It had a few dents, most of it from the fall. She was starting to think she didn't really have to shout at him back there. Get angry, maybe, since he did leave an out of comission teammate, but shout? It probably wasn't needed if he felt sorry for what he did. If he did. She was still confused on why he did what he did earlier, but she'll drop it right now. It was in the past and they had other things to worry about, like where Archie's armor is.

She thought about where Control Freak hid his bomb and his personality. He hid the bombs in places of importance, and he was a huge media nut, so maybe he might put his armor in some place under a common theme involving it. Archie mentioned that the armor was made by Hephaestus and enchanted by Zeus. The thought was something that still sounded unbelievable to her, despite the fact that they had an actual mummy on their team and that there was a Norse God that was actually part of a team of superheroes...oh wait, she saw that from a movie. Either way, Control Freak would put it under some theme...and somewhere easily seen.

...wait...

She looked to Archie and said, "Hey, I think I know where Control Freak might've put your armor."

She first went to the broken window and whistled. She knew that caught the attention of some of the people still down there, but that was all right. If they heard it, that meant Sonic heard it too. Then she sped downstairs and out the entrance. She smiled rather mischievously when she heard shouts of surprise and the sound of an engine revving. She went around the crowd and jumped on the offender and said,

"The place that smells old."

Sonic barked in acknowledgement, and she heard more sounds of surprise beside her at that. But they, or rather, the reporter, didn't get to do much else, as Sonic turned on his headlight, revved his engine again and went off. She didn't know if Archie was following her, but she could just tell him where she was through her com. link if he wasn't. Besides, she felt much better knowing a reporter was probably annoyed they couldn't ask any questions and get any answers. Though, if that reporter was the determined type, it probably wouldn't do much but still, she can imagine the look on their face.

Sonic stopped with an unneccessary skid. She was glad it was night and so there were only about one or two people walking the streets. Plus, they were at the museum, a place that, compared to other tourist attractions, and malls, didn't get that many visitors. Because it was night, she didn't really get a good look at the front of the museum. Besides, that's not what she was here for. Even from down here, she could tell something was on the roof of the building.

She got off Sonic and told him to stay. The doors of the museum were most likely locked, so there was no way she could dash inside and up the stairs. So instead, after a quick search, went to the fire emergency stairs that always hung on the side of one building. Using momentum, she pulled down the first flight of stairs then up the rest. What she saw at the top made her, for the first time in her life, make her eye twitch.

Her guess was right, Archie's armor was there, and not only that, her grandparents' gift was there to. But that wasn't what made her ticked off again, it was what was around them: a freakin' Rube Goldberg Machine. It surrounded the two items, even from above, with its various workings shown, many of which were unconventional and ultimately ridiculous. She could see the ever classic boat on a piece of wood with water that would move onward when the electric fan behind it turned on. She was going to just ram through the stupid machine and get over with it, that is until she examined what was under their precious items.

Lava.

Linda did a facepalm. This had to be a joke, but she knew it wasn't. Not only did he reference both Greek and Roman mythology in the form of the volcano (as Typhon, an enemy of the Olympians, was said to live in a volcano, and well...Vulcan), but he also referenced a video game, as she knew the look of that racetrack that surrounded the mini volcano. It was from a stage in the Playstation game, Crash Bash, where you raced around a volcano. How much of a geek can the guy get? Seriously? And how did he even have the time to get real lava?

Then her eyes found some sort of stand with two buttons, and a note. That was what truly stopped her because the note said if you broke one piece--just one piece--it would trigger a less unorthodox system to drop both of their things into the lava. Linda just stared at the note with blank expression. That wasn't the only thing it said. It also explained the buttons. They had to choose which one to save, as, though both deactivate the machine, the red one would save hers but drop Archie's, while the blue one would save Archie's but drop hers.

She still stared at it, unaware if Archie had arrived, was reading the note, or if he was talking. She just stared, her face still blank. After what felt like a very long time, even if it was really just a few moment, she sighed. She had decided. She closed and pressed one of the buttons...the blue button. She heard the sound of something plopping into gooey and she couldn't stop herself from wincing. Then she heard a bunch of other sounds, the sounds of various metal and wooden pieces dropping onto the ground, then the sound of some door--over the lava, she guessed--closed before she heard the thud and clatter of armor.

She stood there, unmoving, her hand still over the button and her eyes squeezed shut. She was breathing normally but it was clear she was upset, her mouth was a deep frown. She didn't know how much time has passed as she stayed quiet, but she did eventually gather herself. It was just a toy. She could get another one. Archie's was armor, and what's more, armor enchanted by a god. There was no competition.

She sighed and dropped onto her hind. She sat with her legs crossed, her eyes were open but they were distant.

Even if it was just a toy, it was still hard on her. She wasn't so sure how well her grandparents would take the lost of their gift to her. They were the reason why her father moved himself, her and her mom to the city.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Amanuma [aka Dexter]
CC TTT (Ground Floor) >

Gi looked at Ama curiously, as if he understood what hungry was, but not the context of the conversation. Ama smiled lightly, he might have laughed under better circumstances, Gi was just a big dumb croc. Ama side stepped and swung up onto Gi's back. He had no idea how to find this freak, and though Gi had a good sense of smell, he probably didn't know what was Control Freak's scent compared to anyone else's. But still, they were burning moonlight. Ama tapped Gi's head, “Let's go!”

Gi looked side to side slowly, oblivious to the urgent nature of the request, then bounded down the hall, out the door, and across what was left of the lawn. The crowd on the side of the building where Armory's suit had fallen were making quite the commotion, even they with their limited information could tell something was going on, with multiple heroes rushing out of the building.

Without any indication of where to go, Ama just let Gi run free, and Gi went the way crocodiles did best, straight ahead. It moved them along the riverside park, and towards an industrial area. Presently, Ama heard his com ping, and pulled it out of his pocket, there was another text from Armory:
IS THERE ANOTHER ENTRANCE?

It was a bit difficult with bound fingers, though luckily his thumbs were free, but Ama typed a reply:
RIVERSIDE PARK. 'MAINTENANCE' DOOR BEHIND BATHROOMS. LOCK CODE 0349.

That done, he slipped the com away and settled into looking for anything that might help him in his quest. At the very least, going for a ride was always calming. Well, until he saw a crowd up ahead of him. He knew very well that was not a good sign nowadays. They were gathered around a construction site; hardhats and onlookers alike. Ama leapt of Gi and pushed his way through the crowd. There was a large white machine just inside the site's gate, with a logo of Control Freak dressed as a wizard plastered on it. He's mocking me, decided Ama, my wand must be in this device, as he moved forward. The foreman gave him a concerned glance, even reaching out, but did not stop him.

Ama looked over the machine. It was a claw machine, with metal mesh reinforced glass. And that probably was not the only thing about it that was reinforced. Inside were two black boxes, covered in silver question marks. Ama glanced at the note taped to the front. Only one item could be saved, the other would drop into a reinforced chamber below, but he had no way of knowing what was in either box, or even what the other item was.

Well at least that made it easy not to feel guilty about which item he chose. Ama grabbed the control stick, looking from one box to the other, then decided to retrieve the left one. The claw carried the box to the exit and it tumbled down the chute, while a door opened up under the other box and it fell into the belly of the machine. Ama pulled out the box, and just stared at it. What had he saved? He wasn't sure he wanted to know.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
=-------------------~~-------------------=
Wonder Boy
Titan tower - Museum of Blahblah

Hunter looked pleased as Archie hovered in with the armor. She seemed to have a somewhat different attitude now than she had earlier, and he figured it she must be influenced by having lost a precious objects of some kind. After he had dropped the armor to the floor, Hunter was pretty silent for a while, though it was easy to see the gears of thought clanc in her head. It took a surprisingly long moment before she finally spoke. "Hey, I think I know where Control Freak might've put your armor.". This was a relief. It was one thing to obtain an enchanted piece of armor in the first place, but another to having to confess to losing it. he shrugged by the thought.

After this, she went over to the window Archie had just used, and whistled. Was she trying to get the attention to the people on the ground? no. It didn't take long before one of her gadgets appeared through the crowd, She proceeded to exit the window, and off she went. It would have been kind of her to share with him the location of his armor before storming off like that. He sighed to himself and remembered that he kind of owed her one from having almost smoshed her earlier, and flew out of the window too. It didn't take long before he spotted her, and he followed. He didn't manage to catch up to her, but he saw where she was heading; The Museum of Ancient Relics, the sign said. Clever place to hide his armor, as this would probably be where it was if he didn't use it himself anyway. He didn't see where Hunter entered the building, but he did see Sonic around the main entrance. The museum was closed off, it seemed, and he tried opening the doors, but to no avail. "You gotta be joking..." he sighed, before pushing his palms on the door with his strength. The doors gave in, and flew a few feet into the museum.

He wasn't sure what to expect when entering the museum, other than finding some sort of weird trap-system and of course, his armor. He didn't seem to find anything though. (Besides a few relics he was sure some of the inhabitants of Themyscira would be happy to get back). He did a thurough search of the main floors before stopping in the main hall by the entrance. He didn't find hunter in there either, and figured she must have run off somewhere else. movement above caught his attention, and he conviniently saw her through the huge glass dome that was part of the buildings roof. In a usual move of brilliant tactics, he flew up and smashed his way through the window, destroying a surprisingly big part of it as he got through. What he saw on the roof was surprisingly uneventful.

As he managed to step up next to Hunter, he saw that there was a very complicated piece of machinery that had held their belongings prisoners. under it was a small pool of what appeared to be Lava, and a small section of the pool was burning as if something had been dropped into it. His heart stopped for a moment as he feared he had gotten there too late, and that his armor was now a gooey piece of metal. Sure, it was enchanted, but could it withstand Lava? Finding that out was not worth the potential wrath of Zeus. It was then he saw that his armor was laying in one piece next to the weird machine, and he noticed the blanc look in Hunters eyes. He didn't know what sort of item it was she had lost, but based on her looks now, it was pretty obvious it was an item of great affection.

Knowing that arguing with her about having left him would probably be a bad idea, he instead walked over to his armor in silence and picked it up. The air was tense, and he started walking past her. He gently laid his hand on her shoulder as he passed. "Thank you." he then said in all honesty. After he passed her, he figured they should report back to the tower. "We probably need to report back to the tower. Take your time.". He then took off and set course to the tower.

Sketchie

literally some guy
Lucas Moncrief ; Nightmare
The Air and then onto the Roof of the Shopping Center

Max put his hands on Lucas's wrists. Luc braced himself, careful not to let a sound escape his lips, ready to let everything go at any moment. but it never happened. Lucas slowly relaxed as Max started talking, calmly and kindly. He listened quietly, nodding every now and then to affirm what Max was saying. But then...

Max quickly pulled Lucas into a tight hug. "OHMYGOSH, you poor thing! Was your mom a jerk the way my dad was?" Lucas froze. The way my dad was. Max held his hand and flew off, as he went into the details of his previous life, a life he left not long ago. A father who had the nerve to use that title, a mother taken too soon. A reverse of his story. A story that should never have been written.

They flew on, until Lucas noticed something on top of... was that the shopping mall? How cliche could this loser get? Max had noticed the contraption too, and it wasn't long before the two touched down on the roof. He watched as Max tried to destroy the strange machine, but his violet blasts seemed to do nothing. A note confirmed his fear, the machine was built so neither boy could destroy it with their powers.

Before Luc could stop him, Max was already at the control panel. There was a moment of hesitation, and Lucas moved to stop him, but nothing could be done. Lucas watched as Felicie was freed, but Rapunzel was lowered into who-knows-where. He choked up as the sleek guitar was enveloped in violet light, and stepped forward to meet her, gently holding her in his hands.

Lucas took a few shaky breaths, trying to comprehend what had happened. Sacrifice and kindness and love. He couldn't wrap his head around how someone could be so kind as to give up something of theirs for someone they just met, even though he himself was ready to do the same. A tear ran down Lucas's cheek as he looked up into the eyes of Maxwell Hudson (more like HUNKson amirite). He set his guitar to the side, letting her levitate a ways off using his own powers.

"I know what you're probably thinking," Max said, "But Max, you made that whole scene back at the tower. Don't you want to save Rapunzel? Well believe me, I did." Max was also crying at this point. Two gay boys on a rooftop. Crying. Smiling. Lucas internally breathed a sigh of relief that the media (nor potential fangirls) were nowhere to be seen. "But... Your guitar is just as important to you as Rapunzel is to me... Sometimes... you have to give stuff up for people you care about... That's what love is all about, right?" Max placed his hand on Lucas' chest. "I'm sure I've made it pretty obvious by now, but I like you a lot. Even if we did only just meet, I feel like we have something special. Besides, I've already lost two people that were important to me. I think I'm strong enough to cope with it a third time..."

Lucas put his hands on Max's shoulders. "M-max, I..." he choked out, unsure of what to say. "Thank you. You-- you didn't have to do that but I... guess you knew that? I mean, you're right though. Giving stuff up for people you care about, 'cause you want to see them smile." He leaned in closer, lightly touching his forehead to Max's. He closed his eyes, biting his lip. "Max, I..." Oh whatever. He closed the gap in between them, softly pressing his lips against Max's. He lingered for a moment, before slowly pulling back. Lucas's pale face flushed a bright red. "S-sorry," he mumbled, "I, uh, words. Words are happening. We, uh, should maybe get back?"

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Chromium Mall; Roof

Lucas put his hands on Max's shoulders. "M-max, I... Thank you. You-- you didn't have to do that but I... guess you knew that? I mean, you're right though. Giving stuff up for people you care about, 'cause you want to see them smile." Lucas leaned in closer, lightly touching his forehead to Max's.

By this point, Max had a feeling of what was coming next, and smirked. If you're gonna kiss me, then do it already!

Lucas closed his eyes, biting his lip. "Max, I..." He then closed the gap in between them, softly pressing his lips against Max's.

Internally, Max was jumping for joy. It had been such a long time since he had been such a long time since he'd been the one receiving one of these. Max closed his eyes, wrapped his arms around Lucas, pushing into him, and gave him a passionate kiss of his own. Two guys kissing under the moonlight. It was the kind of thing Max lived for! It definitely made him feel better after losing Robert's gift.

They were there for a moment before Lucas slowly pulled back. His face flushed a bright red. "S-sorry," he mumbled, "I, uh, words. Words are happening. We, uh, should maybe get back?"

Max still had his arms around Lucas, and had a big giddy grin on his face. "Hehe, your welcome! There's no need to be sorry. I already did it to you. Wow, that was amazing! You're really good at this whole kissing thing. We should do it again sometime. Aw, we have to go back now? We're on the roof of a shopping mall, the night is young, and so are we. We could have that date now! I haven't been on one since Robbie passed..." After taking a minute to think about it, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to do that when some insane nerd villain is putting them through ridiculous challenges. "Hm... actually... yeah, you're right. We probably should get back to the tower. You're probably tired after everything that's happened today. But after all of this insanity is done with, I still wanna do something just the two of us. But, we'll talk about that later. Right now, I think you know what's coming next!" And with that Max took Lucas in his arms, and started hovering up into the air. After making sure that Luc had his guitar levitating nearby, they took off.

---

The Tower

By the time the duo arrived at the entrance of the tower, there was still a crowd of people gathered by the side of the building, talking about something. Other than the hole in the building, Max didn't know what it was they could have been so interested in.

Before Max had a chance to put Lucas down, a woman clad in a tan suit came running over to him with a chubby cameraman behind her. "Kendra Summers, reporting live as two more Titans return to the tower." She then turned around, and her eyes widened, and she giggled when she saw Max and Lucas' face. Oh, look at that, it's you two! You look like you had an interesting time. I bet you must be enjoying your newfound popularity!"

Max tilted his head. "Huh? What do you mean?" Max asked as he finally put Lucas back pn his feet, although he kept a hold on his hand.

"You mean you don't know? A video of you two kissing has gone viral! It's trending all over social media!"

Max blushed, "Oh, really?" He knew somebody was taking a video of that scene back at the Shopping Center, but he didn't expect it would get all over the internet and become popular. Then again, maybe he shouldn't have been so surprised. After all, everybody loves love, whether they want to admit to it or not. It's why so many movies have romantic subplots.

"I for one think that gay representation in the superhero community is a wonderful thing!"

Max smiled sheepishly, and rubbed the back of his head. "Um... well... thanks... I... think..."

"Anyway, let's get down to business! As I'm sure you're aware by now, commotion seems to have broken loose in the tower. Something fell out of the tower, endangering Civilians. Now multiple heroes have been seen rushing out of the building. Do either of you have a comment about the current situation." She then stuck a microphone in Max and Lucas' face. The cameraman also pressed the zoom button on his camera, and closed up on their faces.

At this point, people were starting to gather around watching the interview. Max didn't think it was necessary to lie to them. After all, maybe if they let people in on this, it would bring Control Freak out of hiding. Or least allow people to better prepare themselves for any danger. Not to mention playing to the media would probably help their case, considering how many heroes get bad publicity despite saving lives. Max looked directly at the camera, and started talking. "Well, I do have a comment. Hi, I'm Violet Lantern, a Teen Titan. This is my teammate, and potential love interest, Nightmare. Some psychopath is after us! He is putting innocent people in danger for his own twisted needs!"

Kendra put the microphone back up to her, so she could talk "Oh my! This sounds serious!" Then she put it back on Max.

"Not to worry though, the Titans have this situation under control. No Innocent people are are getting hurt on our watch!" Max smiled and gave a thumbs up, obviously playing it up for the cameras. "Personally though, I would like this situation to get resolved ASAP. Not just for your sakes, but so Nightmare and I can have a proper date!" He then winked and gave Lucas a kiss on the cheek. Once again playing for the cameras.

People in the background started applauding and cheering loudly. There were also some screaming teenage girls there.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Museum -> Tower
Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Pissed

Linda glanced at Archie when he placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Thank you," he said. He began to walk off. "We probably need to report back to the tower." She looked back at the ground and sighed at that, but then he said, "Take your time."

She turned her head to him just as he flew off. A few minutes of silence passed as she stared at where he used to be...and thought about a few things. He was strange guy. One minute, he seemed like just like any normal and decent person and next he acted like an idiot. For a second, she thought that might be a bit much...until she turned around and saw broken glass. She sighed again.

Yup, an idiot hero. But a hero nonetheless.

She stood up and calmed herself down. It was time to go back. She stared at the gaping hole for a bit. She couldn't just leave it like that, but what was she supposed to do? She hummed in thought then looked back at the collapsed Rube Goldberg Machine. She could at least give an excuse on why the glass was smashed. She walked to it and picked up a piece of metal. She then dropped it through the hole, with a resounding clang. Then she dashed around, scattering the various pieces of the machine.

She eventually stopped and looked at her handiwork. It looked like a complete mess, just as she wanted. She knew it was misleading, but what else she could do? She couldn't exactly fix broken glass, or give a good reason for smashing it because it was convinient. At least with this, anyone who came here would think a fight was up and didn't get a chance to think of collateral damage.

Just one more thing to do...

She took her Shooter, aimed behind her, and fired. There was the sound of it hitting and paper being burned to oblivion. She smiled. She dashed back down the same way she went up and left on Sonic.

Sonic stopped and she stared at what was in front of her. Just several meters away from her was a group of people...around Max and Lucas, and she could see the familiar bulky shape of a TV camera. She debated on what she would do. She could just dash past them all and head inside, even have Sonic distract them by sending him off to his hiding spot. But then she got an idea. She got off of Sonic and told him to go back the long way around so nobody saw. He didn't reply this time and just did as he was told. When she was sure he was out of sight, she walked straight to the crowd.

Some noticed her as she excused herself to pass by, some surprised she was even asking. Either way, she really hoped the camera was streaming live as she made it to the cameraman and reporter from behind them...then went right in front of the camera.

"Hey, Control Freak, I don't know if you can hear me or not, but I'm gonna say this anyway," she said rather calmly. Then, with a fierce voice and a gaze as sharp as a predator's, she said, "I hope you're good at hiding 'cause I'm coming to get you for that."

There were sounds of confusion and shock as she walked straight to the entrance. She was really ticked off right now. She was tired and it was probably past midnight, so she wouldn't get much sleep. But even if she was tired, as soon as it was morning, she's going to use the computer to find some way to get that jerk. And let Archie loose. He seemed pretty good at smashing. Hopefully not enough to kill the villain, just enough to let him know to not. Piss. Off. A. Hunter. They're called Hunters for a reason.

--

OOC: In case you ask, yes, you're pushing her to her breaking point.

Titan500

Solar Panels
Camilla Blair
Riverside Park -> Titan's Tower

Riverside Park.

Camilla Blair broke into a run, her sudden burst of speed arousing some surprise from some nearby crowd members as she fled towards the aforementioned park. Not that they would pay too much attention to her now; the arrival of the umbrakinetic and the Lantern (his name ... it was Max, wasn't it? She would need to familiarise herself with the other sometime as well.) had been a welcome distraction, their presence attracting the complete and utter attention of the assembled media figures and bystanders. A teenage girl leaving the area ... she'd be completely forgotten in the wake of the fairytale romance that was far more gripping and interesting. It was bright and heartwarming, after all.

It was lucky that she was far too pathetic to even have the right to such a thing.

She'd just be ignored like usual, and that was okay.

Keeping people safe was all that m a t t e r e d.

Her rapid strides carried her closer to the public bathrooms, as well as the faint scent of urine and feces. She had never liked public bathrooms, especially those in poorly-maintained areas. But she wasn't here for relief; she was here for the maintenance door that would bring her back into the Tower without being caught, and so she jogged right past the cheerfully pink door and towards the back of the facility. The maintenance door was ... not as inconspicuous as she had expected, actually. Possibly because she knew what to look for (with the mummy having told her that there was a lock present, after all). Indeed, there was a simple, small console upon its surface, one that blended into the door, enough to keep most people away.

She took a deep breath, reaching out to brush the console.

It was time for her to get back, then.

Time for her to stop being useless.

The maintenance door opened, and Camilla Blair leapt inside.

Sketchie

literally some guy
The Tower

"Not to worry though, the Titans have this situation under control. No Innocent people are are getting hurt on our watch!" Max smiled and gave a thumbs up, obviously playing it up for the cameras. "Personally though, I would like this situation to get resolved ASAP. Not just for your sakes, but so Nightmare and I can have a proper date!" He then winked and gave Lucas a kiss on the cheek. Cue the teenage giggles, the applause, the cheering. So that's how we're playing now, huh?

Lucas ran his free hand through his hair, and flashed a grin at the camera. People skills, he actually had those. It wasn't a bad thing to be muscular and attractive too. "No kidding, superhero business can really put a damper on your love life." He put his hand on Max's cheek, and leaned in so their foreheads were touching. "But, I'm a patient guy. I can wait. I mean, I've been waiting all my life for you, so what does another day matter?" The crowd awwed and giggled, and Lucas couldn't help but smile as he quickly planted a kiss on Max's nose.

He was about to say more, when suddenly, Linda came marching up to the camera. "Hey, Control Freak, I don't know if you can hear me or not, but I'm gonna say this anyway," she said, calmly. Immediately, her demeanor changed, sharp and deadly and firey. "I hope you're good at hiding 'cause I'm coming to get you for that." And as quick as she came, she went off.

Lucas watched her leave, a little confused. "Okay, dunno what that was about..." He shook his hair, looking into the camera. "On to business. While I really don't think this Control Freak loser is any sort of a threat, we should be able to take him down pretty easily, it would really be best if you guys would clear the premises. We don't know what else could happen, and we don't want anyone hurt. Vi and I can give you a rundown of it all once it's all over, but until then, I'd stay away from the Tower in case anything else starts falling." Luc turned his attention to Max, and gave a nod towards the tower. "We should really be off."

He could faintly hear the reporter lady signing off as the two boys walked into the tower. "Man, I have no idea what to do about this major dweeb. I mean, I'd love to bring the fight to him, but I have no clue where he is!" Lucas bit his lip, frustrated. "I mean, if he were asleep, I could probably tear that information from him, but..." He stopped in the middle of the hallway, brow furrowed, thinking. "When do you think nerds fall asleep?"

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
The Tower

"No kidding, superhero business can really put a damper on your love life." He put his hand on Max's cheek, and leaned in so their foreheads were touching. "But, I'm a patient guy. I can wait. I mean, I've been waiting all my life for you, so what does another day matter?" The crowd awwed and giggled, Max just laughed out loud as Lucas planted a kiss on Max's nose.

In the middle of all of that, Linda came marching up to the camera. "Hey, Control Freak, I don't know if you can hear me or not, but I'm gonna say this anyway," she said, calmly. Immediately, her demeanor changed, sharp and deadly and firey. "I hope you're good at hiding 'cause I'm coming to get you for that." And as quick as she came, she went off.

Max could tell she was upset about something. Did she have to give up something precious for another Titan too? It would make sense that Control Freak would force a sadistic choice onto everyone. Before he had a chance to think about it further, Lucas kept on talking. This time sounding serious. "Okay, dunno what that was about... On to business. While I really don't think this Control Freak loser is any sort of a threat, we should be able to take him down pretty easily, it would really be best if you guys would clear the premises. We don't know what else could happen, and we don't want anyone hurt. Vi and I can give you a rundown of it all once it's all over, but until then, I'd stay away from the Tower in case anything else starts falling." Luc turned his attention to Max, and gave a nod towards the tower. "We should really be off."

The reporter lady was signing off as the two boys walked into the tower. "Man, I have no idea what to do about this major dweeb. I mean, I'd love to bring the fight to him, but I have no clue where he is!" Lucas said biting his lip"I mean, if he were asleep, I could probably tear that information from him, but..." He stopped in the middle of the hallway, brow furrowed, thinking. "When do you think nerds fall asleep?"

Max raised an eyebrow. "You can go into people's dreams too? That's cool. I guess that would explain the name Nightmare." Max walked over to the elevator, and pressed the button to bring it down, and open the doors. "You're more than welcome to make an appearance in my dreams anytime! Just... don't give me nightmares, K?"

Once the elevator arrived, the two boys stepped inside, and Max had the elevator go to the floor where the common room was. "Nerds can stay up way late into the night doing whatever it is they want to do, at least until they pass out from exhaustion. I've stayed up late to finish up an important Pokemon Battle I was in the middle of after all. I bet you he's planning whatever twisted game he's going to throw at us next."

Eventually, the elevator arrived on the common room floor, and they stepped outside. Max looked at the hand his ring on was on. "If there were some sort of love related crisis involved, my ring could help me find him so that I can save love... but I don't think preventing us from having a date counts as a crisis." Max sighed. "As annoying as it is, all we can do is wait for him to make his presence known..."

Max took Lucas' hand and walked him towards the couch in the common room, and reverted back to his street clothes once again. "In the meantime, what do you say we get our minds off of this situation for a bit? We're two hot young superheroes, alone in a tower together. I can just feel the romantic tension in the air!" Max said with a mischievous grin on his face as he looked at Lucas moving his eyebrows up and down. "We should take advantage of this opportunity. I don't know about you, but I'm definitely feeling lovey-dovey tonight!" Max made a moaning noise, and started fanning himself with his hand. "So, is it hot in here, or is it just you?" He then threw Lucas onto the couch. Then, Max jumped on top of him, and started kissing him passionately on his lips. Max knew somebody was probably going to walk in and interupt this moment, but he found himself not caring.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
- Okay, so I'll hold off on posting the next chunk of contest insanity for a bit. It'd be kind of nice to get everyone together first anyways.

Amanuma [aka Dexter]
Construction Site > CC TTT (Ground Floor)

Ama sighed and tucked the black and silver box under his arm, turning and walking. The crowd parted before him, muttering less then softly amongst themselves, up to the point where they had already been giving Gi a wide berth.

Gi looked up at Ama with the same blank face as always, awaiting instructions. It usually made Ama grin, though no one could see it under the bandages, and this time he barely moved his mouth under the weight of all the other emotions. He brought the box out in front of him, looking at it, and then at Gi, “I guess we should head back to the tower buddy, it looks like we're done here.”

He slid his thumb over the seam in the box, he figured he should see what he saved. But he hesitated, and pulled his hand away, “I. . . ah, come on, let's go.”

He instructed Gi to return to the tower, and rode silently on the croc's back, staring at the black box or the buildings they were passing most of the time. Why was this happening? What beef did Control Freak have with them? Why had he left the wand out? Did he have the wand back now, or did Control Freak still have it? What did he have, if he didn't have it? Was the value of the two items somehow comparable?

It took him a moment to realize Gi had stopped, and was gnawing on one of the dead robots just outside the tower. The landscape was still a surreal assortment of roboic body parts and blast marks. Ama looked up at the huge T-shaped tower. It was a travesty of architecture, structurally it made no sense to build that way, but somehow in this moment, it felt right.

Ama left Gi to do whatever it was he felt like doing, no one was going to bother a giant crocodile, and carried the black box into the broken-down doors of the tower. They were going to have to fix that.

He sighed and turned, starting slowly up the stairs.

Titan500

Solar Panels
Camilla Blair
Titans' Tower

Something shuddered in above the common room, the sounds of unused machinery thudding to life filling the air. The whirring and clicking of gears and pins resounded clearly throughout the room, as if building up to a powerful release of energy. The din continued to increase, the noise a crescendo as it grew closer and closer to its peak. And then ... it stopped. It went silent. In one, sudden moment, the sounds disappeared. As if the occurrences of the previous eight seconds were but figments of any listeners' imaginations. Gone, with nothing to mark their existence.

Then a ceiling panel opened up and deposited a petite sixteen year old onto the couch butt-first with a squeak.

Camilla slowly and surely stared down at her thankfully intact hands with large jade eyes, blinking rapidly as if to reassure herself that no, it had not been a dream. That she had truly entered a secret door behind a set of public toilets in a nearby park that had, in some mysterious manner, brought her back to the Titans' Tower. She moved her gaze upwards, studying the familiar appearance of the common room she had been in during her first visit (which was, to be perfectly honest, not even that long ago). The smell was the same. The sights were the same. She hadn't been brutally torn apart by a malfunctioning secret entrance (likely to the sadness of criminals who viewed Armoury as a pest). She was still Camilla Blair, just Camilla Blair. A perfectly normal teenage girl.

A sigh of relief escaped her. She was alive, although whether or not she'd had fly DNA spliced into her by accident was still something that had yet to be confirmed. She didn't want to be a retro movie monster. Camilla shook her head. She had to ... try and think positive. Yeah. She looked around again, this time to make sure she was really safe.

Confused jade eyes fell upon the Lantern and the umbrakinetic's ... impromptu make-out session. Mere inches next to her.

Had she ... accidentally dropped in on something?

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
(OOC: It's been two weeks since the last time I posted, and it's about to be three, and the RPG section is lacking in activity in general. I'm just gonna make a post now. Anybody that wanted to do something would have by now...)

The Tower; Common Room > Max's Room

Max wasn't quite sure at what point he came to his senses. Maybe it was the sound of whrring machinery that brought him out of it. Or maybe it was a cieling panel opening up, and dropping Armoury onto the couch next to them, suddenly making this situation very awkward. Either way, Max regained his senses, and got off of Lucas. "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry about that!" Max said as he nervously started wringing his hands. "Um... they warned me that the ring has an effect on it's wearer, but... this has never happened before... I took it way too far..." He then looked at Armoury. "And I'm really sorry you had to walk in on that... Anyway, um... I'm just gonna go to my room now... Call me if something happens... Sorry again... Uh please don't be mad!" And with that, Max ran out of the common room as fast as he possibly could to leave this awkward situation behind, and made his way towards his own room.

Once Max got to his room, he shut the door behind him, turned on the light, and plopped himself face first onto the bed. "Well, that was awful." He said to himself. Something like that had never happened since he got the ring. He had never forced himself on top of someone before. Who knows how things would have gone if he hadn't gone to his senses. Max shuddered at the thought. Max then sat up. "At least nobody else walked in on that, which means I won't have to hear a lecture from everyone" Which was a relief to him, because he wouldn't have to hear Archie go on a whole spiel about how he wasn't taking this whole superhero thing seriously or whatever. If anything, he was taking this too seriously. He needed to learn to loosen up, it's not like they were the Justice League dealing with aliens invading the planet or anything...

Max sighed. Now he was upset. He hated being upset. Fortunately, there was one thing he did at times like this. He reached for his sketchbook and a pencil that were sitting on the nightstand next to him, and flipped to an empty page. Inside the sketchbook, there were all sorts of drawings, some complete, and some not. There were some cartoony pictures, and some more realistic looking ones. His favorite thing to draw though were pictures of guys being lovey-dovey with each other. There were a whole bunch of drawings of male characters from different media he liked getting romantic with other male fictional characters. Some were more 'tame' than others. Once Max got to an empty page, he put the pencil to the paper, and started sketching. Even if nothing came of it, there was nothing more satisfying than putting lines on a paper.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Titans' Tower -> Kitchen

Linda grumbled as she weakly made her way up the stairs. She couldn't believe that she was so caught up with everything that she forgot to eat. Now, because of that, plus the fact she should be sleeping right now, made her not think straight. And she felt terrible, she felt like she could bark at any moment if she didn't eat now. She knew she could just run to the kitchen, but she didn't trust herself to do that without bumping into someone right now.

She eventually did reach her destination, stumbling a little bit. She made her way to the fridge, picked up a snack and started munching down on it. An actual meal would be preferable, but that would take longer and she needed something in her stomach now. She sighed after she finished it. Her stomach still told her to get more food, but now it was more bearable so she could get something heavier.

She opened the fridge again and looked at its contents. She sighed. She wasn't surprised that half of them weren't to her tastes, but she couldn't be picky right now. She was getting tired. So she grabbed the instant noodles, making a mental note to ask her parents to send some Filipino dishes when she could. After preparing the pot and boiling water in it, she cooked the noodles and then, when they were done, put them in a bowl and sat at the counter.

She really wished there was rice, she would kill to have some right now... Not literally, of course.

She took each bite and slurp slowly, using what little consciousness she had at this point. The others were probably at the common room now, or maybe their rooms, but she couldn't really register any sounds they were making. Her mind was too preoccupied with eating and the plan to sleep directly afterwards.

Sleep...

Her eyes stated getting droopy. A part of her felt that the jerk Control Freak would probably wake them up in the middle of the night. It wasn't like he was a nice person if he was sadistic enough to make them choose between their precious items. She wondered how the others faired as she ate. She wondered if Max would be affected at all by this. The guy was so cheerful, it was a wonder how he kept it up. She had to commend the guy for trying to keep up a smile and keep spirits up. She, someone who liked to have fun, certainly couldn't. ... ... ... What was she thinking? Of course she could do it. Or at least try. She was just fourteen years old and look at what she could do now. She just had to try and give it her all, like the Kamen Riders.

Her head swayed back and forth as she mulled this over...before she slowly laid her head beside her almost finished bowl of noodles, sleep claiming her for the night.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Attention all Players, this post contains New Plot Information.

OOC: I'll have Ama join Linda at the nap table. That means 4 of us are in range of the big TV, Max is in his room, and Archie must have got lost/side-tracked.

Amanuma [aka Dexter]
CC TTT (Ground Floor > Common Room)

As Ama carried the black box slowly up the stairs he was passed by Linda, who clearly seemed to have a destination in mind, though she was not moving super fast either. As he mounted the top of the stairs, he noticed Max rushing off somewhere as well. He turned into the common room. Camilla and Lucas were on the couch and Linda was raiding the fridge. Well, that explained her hurry.

The other two had looks that told him something had happened, but he thought better then to ask.

He dropped the box on the dinning table. He didn't care what was inside; he didn't want to deal with those emotions right now. He might have been dead, but he still needed sleep, and he was mentally exhausted.

Linda started cooking something. Ama wasn't sure what, he didn't eat, so he didn't really need to memorize every modern food item. His mind was busy trying to decide if it was safe to go to bed. Control Freak was still on the loose and he'd surely wake him up if he went to bed now.

He took a seat at the table instead, resting his chin in his hands. He wanted to complain about how tired he was, but he knew the others were too. Worse, some of them had other needs, like hunger. He blinked slowly, and yawned. Linda was at the table. When did she get here? She was eating, somewhat methodically. Ama sighed, he'd just rest his eyes.

WAAAWOOOGAHHHH WAAAA-OOOHHHGGGAAA WAAAWOOOGAHHHH

“Huh?” commented Amanuma startling awake. He looked around, the tower's fire alarm system was going off, and it was obnoxious, flashing lights and loud sirens. He looked around, there was no obvious sign of fire or other emergency.

The alarm suddenly cut short, and a pudgy nightmare coated in green face-paint appeared in the big screen TV. What the freaking hell?

Control Freak gave them a disturbed grin and chirped, “Evening Titans. Congratulations. You got through that last challenge faster than I'd expected. I had the next hour blocked out to work on my cosplay, but you really exceeded expectations, A-plus, plus, plus!”

Amanuma sunk down in his chair with a groan. He really, really, really, wanted to strangle someone right now. . . assuming he could even get his hands around that man's neck. Forget it, he could use his bandages. . . of course he'd need to burn them afterwards, but it would be worth it. He moaned, “Set! What do you want?”

“You got a sharp look going on there with the jeans and bandage combo, Tutenstein,” complimented Control Freak. At least Ama thought it was supposed to be a compliment, maybe it was a insult. If he wasn’t so tired and annoyed he might have asked for clarification, but Control Freak was quickly onto answering his question, “Luckily I already have the last challenge in place.”

The image changed to a slightly tilted view of town square, with the courthouse in the background. In the middle of the square was a mammoth white box, with glass front reflecting light back at the camera. Control Freak voiced over the scene, “As you can see, I've set up a vending machine in the square. It's a little larger then normal [this was an understatement], because it's filled with some very special products. . . [dramatic pause]. . . The Mayor and his aids, are. . . stocked inside, as well as a few other prizes. . . There's no button pad, because, well, you get what you pay for.”

The camera swapped back to Control Freak, who was stretching a dark green wig over his balding red locks. He fiddled with the wig, “Because this is all about 'Equivalent Exchange'.”

The image switched to a logo of Control Freak dressed as a doctor, before cutting out entirely, leaving the Tower all to quite. “He. . .” Ama looked over at the mystery box, “Does he want us to give him the items we just retrieved?”

That seemed a little too simple. And what were the 'other prizes'?

Sketchie

literally some guy
The Tower

To say that Lucas Moncrief was merely enjoying this whole scene with Max would be an understatement.

He was enjoying it so much, that the only thing that brought him out of the kiss was Max pulling away. "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry about that! Um... they warned me that the ring has an effect on it's wearer, but... this has never happened before... I took it way too far... And I'm really sorry you had to walk in on that... Anyway, um... I'm just gonna go to my room now... Call me if something happens... Sorry again... Uh please don't be mad!" Max stammered nervously, before quickly exiting the room.

Lucas leaned back on the couch, letting his head roll back as a low whistle escaped his lips. "It appears I am very gay for a certain boy," he sang quietly to himself, "It's probably a problem, 'cause I shouldn't be in love, but I don't really care!" He began to hum to himself, lulling himself to sleep. Before he could fully fall asleep, however, he was rudely interrupted by the fire alarm going off. He immediately jumped to his feet, his hands shaking partly out of shock and partly out of exhaustion. He couldn't find anything immediately wrong, but he stayed tense as the alarm shut itself off.

“Evening Titans." The sound came from the television. A surge of anger shot through Lucas as he turned to see Control Freak onscreen, covered in green face paint. "Congratulations. You got through that last challenge faster than I'd expected. I had the next hour blocked out to work on my cosplay, but you really exceeded expectations, A-plus, plus, plus!”

Ama groaned. "Set! What do you want now?"

“You got a sharp look going on there with the jeans and bandage combo, Tutenstein,” complimented Control Freak. Luc glared at the TV. He didn't have time for this nonsense. Thankfully, it seemed neither did control freak. “Luckily I already have the last challenge in place.”

The image changed to a slightly tilted view of town square, with the courthouse in the background. In the middle of the square was a mammoth white box, with glass front reflecting light back at the camera. Control Freak voiced over the scene, “As you can see, I've set up a vending machine in the square. It's a little larger then normal, because it's filled with some very special products........... The Mayor and his aids, are... stocked inside, as well as a few other prizes... There's no button pad, because, well, you get what you pay for.”

The camera swapped back to Control Freak, who was stretching a dark green wig over his balding red locks. He fiddled with the wig, “Because this is all about 'Equivalent Exchange'.”

The image switched to a logo of Control Freak dressed as a doctor, before cutting out entirely, leaving the Tower all too quiet. “He...” Ama looked over at the mystery box, “Does he want us to give him the items we just retrieved?”

Lucas could barely hold himself together. He picked up his communicator, unwilling to actually walk to Max's room. He didn't want to accidentally blow up in Max's face. "Max," he said into the communicator, "Get down here. I'm not angry at you. We've got a problem. Sorry." He immediately cut the line and put it back into his pocket.

Love to panic to fury all in a matter of minutes. That was Lucas for you. He picked up a pillow and hurled it as hard as he could. "Are you fucking KIDDING ME!?" he shouted. He caught the pillow in shadow, slowing its descent to the ground. "This damned idiot, it's twelve in the fucking morning, and he throws THIS at us!? What in hell does he think he's doing?" He began to angrily pace back and forth, nervously clenching and unclenching his fists. "When does he have TIME to do this? And kidnapping the authorities-- who in the fuck does he think he is!?" He stopped and took a shaky, deep breath. He let it out as a deep scream, low and frustrated, materializing as harmless black flames. His hands were balled into fists, shaking with energy, ready to hit anything nearby.

Calm down calm down calM Down! he internally berated himself, trembling, trying to get things back under his control. He put his hands over his ears, and began to silently count, trying to get his breathing in order. You idiot, you can't just go into rage like that! It's okay when Archie does it, but you can't. They'll hate you, they'll think you're out of control, they'll hate you and they'll make you leave. With that final thought, a shudder ran down his spine. He slowly straightened himself out, still furious, but at least (more or less) under control.

After he got ahold of himself, Lucas stormed up to the table and slammed himself into a chair. "So what do we do. Just go up and pretend we know what we're doing? I don't think he'd want us to give the items back, that doesn't make sense." He slid his hand through his hair, lightly pulling. "We're gonna have'ta deal with this brat tonight, or someone's going to actually get hurt. I say we get out there and crash his party. And by crash his party, I mean fuck some shit up."

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
The Tower; Max's Room > Back to the Common Room

Max had only managed to get a few lines that resembled vaugely humanoid shapes on to the paper, before the alarm suddenly went off. Completely ruining Max's concentration. As soon as it started, though it stopped. Max wondered what that was all about. But not long after that, his communicator pinged, and he got a message from Lucas. "Max, get down here. I'm not angry at you. We've got a problem. Sorry." Max let out a sigh of relief. Well, that was good to know. Although, he did sound serious over the communicator. Control Freak must have done something again. Max jumped out of his bed, and ran towards the common room.

When he got there, he found Lucas taking out his frustrations on an unsuspecting pillow, and pacing around the room back and forth. "Are you fucking KIDDING ME!?" he shouted. He caught the pillow in shadow, slowing its descent to the ground. "This damned idiot, it's twelve in the fucking morning, and he throws THIS at us!? What in hell does he think he's doing? When does he have TIME to do this? And kidnapping the authorities-- who in the **** does he think he is!?" Lucas stormed up to the table and slammed himself into a chair. "So what do we do. Just go up and pretend we know what we're doing? I don't think he'd want us to give the items back, that doesn't make sense." He slid his hand through his hair, lightly pulling. "We're gonna have'ta deal with this brat tonight, or someone's going to actually get hurt. I say we get out there and crash his party. And by crash his party, I mean fuck some **** up."

It was then that Max came out, and stood next to Lucas. "Lemme guess, Control Freak again?" Max asked sarcastically, considering there weren't any other problems they were dealing with at the moment. "We should... probably save those people he kidnapped before we wreck stuff? Ok, can someone tell me what exactly did I miss?" He then got behind Lucas, and started gently rubbing his shoulders. "As for you, my little prince of darkness, you should probably calm down before you do something we might all regret. And... I'm sorry again for my impulsivity earlier. I haven't been able to keep my hands off you since we met!" He said with a giggle.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
=-------------------~~-------------------=
Wonder Boy
Titan tower - Museum of Blahblah

-he didn't really hurry at all, but took his time as he was flying towards the Titans Tower, still on his defensive in case the control freak highjacked their security systems again. He'd put his armor back on again, though over his red shirt it just looked silly. He was beyond annoyed at this point, and felt bad for Hunter, who had lost her belonging, whatever it might be. He sure had a lot on his mind right now, and he didn't really know what to do with it. He was about 99% sure this wasn't the end, and that as soon as he was back at the tower, he'd barely have time to change before they needed to head out again for another one of the guys petty tricks. He just hoped he'd come out of hiding soon. His fists were aching into just punch that moron into oblivion.

He did eventually manage to get back to the tower though, and it seemed like he was one of the last ones to get there. As he came into the common room, it appeared the atmosphere was somewhat tense, as it should be. Lucas was sitting on the couch looking uncomfortable, and everyone else seemed to be looking in different directions. Archie got the feeling that had he come a few minutes earlier, he'd likely walk in on something nasty. Archie didn't bother with staying too long. He walked over to his room, and changed from his shirt to his armor, ready to take the fight to wherever they needed to next.

WAAAWOOOGAHHHH WAAAA-OOOHHHGGGAAA WAAAWOOOGAHHHH

Oh, splendid. Archie thought as if karma actually read his mind and set things into action. Flashing ligts and sirens indicated that the fire alarm had gone off. Great, is he gonna burn them down now? he thought as he walked into the common room. The Tv turned itself on again, and Control Freak appeared in some weird outfit before starting talking. “Evening Titans. Congratulations. You got through that last challenge faster than I'd expected. I had the next hour blocked out to work on my cosplay, but you really exceeded expectations, A-plus, plus, plus!”

“Set! What do you want?”, Ama sighed more or less in perfect sync to what most of them were probably thinking. “You got a sharp look going on there with the jeans and bandage combo, Tutenstein, Luckily I already have the last challenge in place.” control Freak said. “As you can see, I've set up a vending machine in the square. It's a little larger then normal , because it's filled with some very special products. . . [dramatic pause]. . . The Mayor and his aids, are. . . stocked inside, as well as a few other prizes. . . There's no button pad, because, well, you get what you pay for.” he said in a proud tone as he presented the next challenge. Archie just laughed and walked off, not bothering to see the rest. Besides, his vision was starting to turn red with anger anyways, and he figured it'd not be a smart move to throw a couch into the Tv.

"Are you ****ing KIDDING ME!?", Lucas shouted after a short while, and Archie assumed the broadcast thing was done, and walked in again. "This damned idiot, it's twelve in the ****ing morning, and he throws THIS at us!? What in hell does he think he's doing?" he continued as he hastily moved about. he then proceeded to a full out freakout with another shout. It was somewhat refreshing to see him just getting it all out. Archie himself was so angry now that he didn't even know what to do. Luckily though, his training with the priestesses on Themyscira hadn't been for nothing. Lucas then went into some sort of countermeasure, trying to calm himself down, which surprisingly enough worked. Archie could learn from this guy.

"So what do we do. Just go up and pretend we know what we're doing? I don't think he'd want us to give the items back, that doesn't make sense. We're gonna have'ta deal with this brat tonight, or someone's going to actually get hurt. I say we get out there and crash his party. And by crash his party, I mean **** some **** up.", Lucas said as he managed to calm down enough. Archie walked over to where he was sitting, and stood a few feets away. "The plan is simple. I go there, and smash that big box of his into bits, then I find him, and smash him to bits as well. As simple as that. You others are free to do whatever, as long as you don't try and stop me." he finished his sentence in a grim tone.

"Lemme guess, Control Freak again?" Max chimed in as he entered the scene, wherever he had been. "We should... probably save those people he kidnapped before we wreck stuff? Ok, can someone tell me what exactly did I miss?" Max then got behind Lucas, and started gently rubbing his shoulders. "As for you, my little prince of darkness, you should probably calm down before you do something we might all regret. And... I'm sorry again for my impulsivity earlier. I haven't been able to keep my hands off you since we met!" He said with a giggle. Archie rolled his eyes, but decided to fill him in nontheless. "Could you please just keep it in your pants just this once." he said with a sigh. "As for the more urging matters, it appears our dearest friend here Fatty Mc.Burgers have kidnapped a few influental people, and stuck them in some sort of box. After that, he started cosplaying or something, so I didn't bother paying attention to the rest.... but yeah, save people if you'd like. you just got here, and probably missed out on my plan of action.", he finished his briefing, and walked away to await further instructions.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Titans' Tower
I'M ON THE HIGHWAY TO HELL!

Linda just sat on her seat in the kitchen quietly. She had been woken--correction, startled by the cartoonish sounding alarm, as evidenced by the fallen fork on the floor. She had payed attention to Control Freak's new challenge in silence. She had remained this way as everyone around her started making plans on what to do. Then she stood up, finished her bowl of noodles and placed it in the sink. After putting some water in it so it'd be easier to clean later, she went to the common room, stood nearby a couch and stared at the monitor that she assumed Control Freak used.

She was like this for a few more moments, ignoring all that was around her...until her eye twitched.

With unexpected strength, she shouted and toppled the couch, a snarl etched on her face.

"That...is...IT! I'm sick of this shit! This ends now!" she shouted, saying the last part almost evil-ly. She continued her shouting, completely forgetting it was night time and everything. "We're gonna rescue those people and not give whatever he wants from us. Then I'm gonna find that bastard and make sure he rots in the lowest pit of HELL! He won't take anything from anyone ever again!"

She started stomping down the stairs, grumbling and growling, starting to live up to her name. She was formulating on what she could do to keep Control Freak alive and yet get back at him for what he's done. As far as she was concerned, Doomsday and all those other villains were jack squat compared to Control Freak and she fully planned on giving him his just desserts.

--

OOC: Oh no, you broke her... Oh well. I'm gonna have her head there in my next post.

Last edited: