• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Convert to Calmunism heathens!!!

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
After repeated failures with my old team thanks to the platinum updates, I decided it was high time for a new team (or at least get with the times). It's done surprisingly well so far, to my surprise.

Team At a Glance​
233.png
134-m.png
479-t.png
143-m.png
212-m.png
068-m.png

233aeo0.png

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def – Atk)
Ability: Trace
228 HP/ 136 Def/ 92 S.Atk/ 52 S.Def
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Cool, has no need for explanation, click signature to behold said coolness. Any "Evolve it into PorygonZ" comments will be ignored. Chose Thunder Wave as Magic Coat has not done anything lately anymore.

134bau1.png

Vaporeon @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature (+S.Atk –Atk)
Ability: Water Absorb
52 HP/ 252 Def/ 200 S.Atk/ 4 Spd
- Roar
- HP [Electric]
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Specs makes for a somewhat more reliable Kingdra counter, and hits things hard thinking they can wall it. CMCune and CursePert counter as well as backup Ape and Gyara counter. Quite amusing when it sweeps lategame.

479htn2.png

Rotom-h @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature (+S.Atk -Atk)
Ability: Levitate
176 HP/ 124 S.Atk/ 208 Spd
- Trick
- Shadow Ball

- HP [Ground]
- Overheat

Makeshift Mamoswine, Scizor, Lucario and Metagross counter, outspeeds Skymin and OHKOs Azelf. HP Ground for Ape and Electivire. Trick for crippling Cresselia, Blissey, Celebi, Spiritomb, Suicune, Togekiss etc. Originally Spin Rotom

143xj9.png

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Careful Nature (+S.Def –S.Atk)
Ability: Thick Fat
204 HP/ 52 Atk/ 252 S.def
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Fat, walls special stuff, and hits its most of it's “counters” very hard on the switch in, always manages to kill Scizor who switch in and SD on it.

scizormh1.png

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature (+Atk –S.Atk)
Ability: Technician
92 HP/ 252 Atk/ 164 Spd
- Night Slash
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-Turn

Beast, One of the stars of platinum now, I went with Choice Band as I never liked setting up only to be forced out by a counter, not to mention the fact that you're limited to 2-3 moves with limited coverage. I rather hit and run, which all four moves accomplish wonderfully.

068bd3.png

Machamp @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature (+ Atk –S.Atk)
Ability: Guts
252 HP/ 36 Atk/ 212 Def/ 8 Spd
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Payback
- Brick Break

Weavile and Tyranitar counter. Secondary status absorber to beat status happy Blissey. Tears the walls down if need be. Guts + Sleep gives me +1 in Atk making this a threat while still being useful. Originally Hitmontop

Rate Please.

Edits in Bold

Last edited:

newbioform

Blazing Passion
Why use a resttalk Hitmontop when resttalk Heracross/Machamp does everything it does, except better.

Since you are having trouble with Togekiss (odd) and Zapdos, consider replacing your rotom with a Zapdos with Thunderbolt/Heatwave/HP Ice/Roost. It still counters Scizor, and Metagross and also beats Hera, Breloom, Mamo and Luke. Does well against other Zapdos and Togekiss. If you feel like thunderwave and reflect will be missed, you can consider putting one of them over magic coat, which nobody fall for anymore.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Why use a resttalk Hitmontop when resttalk Heracross/Machamp does everything it does, except better.

Hitmontop gets Intimidate and is faster, I also had Rapid Spin on it, but it got dropped in the testing phase. Though I see what you are getting at, I might go with Machamp, as Hera can't do what I want this slot to do, and because Frost is already using Hariyama...

Since you are having trouble with Togekiss (odd)

T+Wave, Air Slash + Aura Sphere is a nuisance for everyone bar Rotom which cant' recover, everything else fails to switch in safely and OHKO it, all I can really do is get Rotom in and use T-Wave and hope its had enough prior damage for Vaporeon and Scizor to revenge kill it as I do not want them getting paralyzed.

and Zapdos, consider replacing your rotom with a Zapdos with Thunderbolt/Heatwave/HP Ice/Roost. It still counters Scizor, and Metagross and also beats Hera, Breloom, Mamo and Luke. Does well against other Zapdos and Togekiss.

I hate Zapdos with a passion, it requires Rapid Spin support, heavy investment in speed to outspeed Luke and Hera, which then diminishes its ability to actually take hits in the 1st place, and is weak to said CB pokes Stone Edges and Mamo's CB Ice Shard.

If you feel like thunderwave and reflect will be missed, you can consider putting one of them over magic coat, which nobody fall for anymore.

Funny you should say that, as in one of my last matches someone said the exact same thing, yet still fell for it, also in another match in the logs thread.

EDIT: Machamp > Hitmontop

Last edited:

newbioform

Blazing Passion
Cool, I can actually give a suggestion to Blue Ace now :p, sadly my other comments are still crap.

Good to see Rotom-Spin getting some love.

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
I've always thought Machamp would do a better job at ReSTalking than Hitmontop, seeing he can actually abuse Guts and stuff. Intimidate is still sort of cool to have.

Just thought I'd point this out, Zapdos is a more immediate threat than say SD Luke, considering it's got a much easier opportunity to switch in than Luke. Stealth Rock can somewhat deter Zapdos from switching in, but I have no idea which pokemon you should put it on atm.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Team is doing real well as I got my rank above 1400 now.

I've also found that T-Waving Zapdos and using Ice Beam P2 helps take on sweeper and Bold versions with incredible ease, Machamp under status can take Calm ones with +1 Ice Punch. But Sub + Roost versions pretty much beat me.

Also a Bump

xgina

Banned
use hp dragon on vaporeon. you have a solid gyara counter anyway and it means that half your team doesn't die if you come up against life orb dd kingdra.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Decided to go with Night Slash > Pursuit on Scizor as Rotoms and Moonlight Cresselia were becoming increasingly annoying. Also went for a slightly bulkier spread while still being able to outspeed said Cresselia and CMCune.

Also testing HP Dragon on Vaporeon

Want more rates please

Dark Leviathan

Gyarados Tamer
After repeated failures with my old team thanks to the platinum updates, I decided it was high time for a new team (or at least get with the times). It's done surprisingly well so far, to my surprise.

Team At a Glance:
233.png
134-m.png
143-m.png
212-m.png
068-m.png
479-f.png

233xb5.png

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def – Atk)
Ability: Trace
228 HP/ 136 Def/ 92 S.Atk/ 52 S.Def
- Magic Coat
- Recover
- Discharge
- Ice Beam

Cool, has no need for explanation, click signature to behold said coolness. Any "Evolve it into PorygonZ" comments will be ignored.
I would've chuckled if I hadn't seen said Porygon2's battle record. o_O
I guess he is rather good.

134xl3.png

Vaporeon @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature (+S.Atk –Atk)
Ability: Water Absorb
52 HP/ 252 Def/ 200 S.Atk/ 4 Spd
- Roar
- HP [Electric]/ HP [Dragon]
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Specs makes for a somewhat more reliable Kingdra counter, and hits things hard thinking they can wall it. CMCune and CursePert counter as well as backup Ape and Gyara counter. Quite amusing when it sweeps lategame. Considering HP Dragon as Kingdra is very annoying.
I'd go with HP Dragon, because you can simply roar away most Gyarados (Except for the odd one carrying Thunder Fang) and Kingdra can Yawn or pull off a Rain Dance on the Roar, then come back in and nail with HP Grass or electric. Everything else seems nice.

143do6.png

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Careful Nature (+S.Def –S.Atk)
Ability: Thick Fat
204 HP/ 52 Atk/ 252 S.def
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Fat, walls special stuff, and hits its most of it's “counters” very hard on the switch in, always manages to kill Scizor who switch in and SD on it.
Nice, nice. I'd be rather careful around Kingdra though.

scizormh1.png

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature (+Atk –S.Atk)
Ability: Technician
88 HP/ 252 Atk/ 168 Spd
- Night Slash
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-Turn

Beast, One of the stars of platinum now, I went with Choice Band as I never liked setting up only to be forced out by a counter, not to mention the fact that you're limited to 2-3 moves with limited coverage. I rather hit and run, which all four moves accomplish wonderfully. I'm considering Night Slash for ResTalk Rotoms which are always a pain to deal with.
Very nice; go with Night Slash, as Mr. Oven Rotom will enjoy cooking up Scizor otherwise.

068bd3.png

Machamp @ Leftovers
Impish Nature (+ Def –S.Atk)
Ability: Guts
252 HP/ 80 Atk/ 168 Def/ 8 Spd
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break

Weavile and Tyranitar counter. Secondary status absorber to beat status happy Blissey. Tears the walls down if need be. Guts + Sleep gives me +1 in Atk making this a threat while still being useful. Originally Hitmontop
Only 80 Atk EVs? At least make him Adamant natured; as Tyranitar can have the defenses neccesary to survive an attack.
If you don't mind the occasional miss-hax, opt for Cross-Chop instead of Brick Break. (As your Machamp can heal himself and still be a threat) Also, replace Ice Punch with Thunder Punch, as Gyarados can wall this set completely and get a free DDance while you switch. Thunder Punch also hits Bulkier Waters, but still hurts Salamence. Besides, I'm assuming you're using STAB'd Fighting move of choice to nail Weavile and TTar. =3

rotomspincv7.png

Rotom - Spin @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def –Atk)
Ability: Levitate
252 HP/ 164 Def/ 92 S.Def
- Thunder Wave
- Reflect
- HP [Fire]
- Air Slash

Machamp counter wut. HP Fire is for countering Mamoswine, Scizor, Lucario and Metagross, and Air Slash for dealing quickly with Heracross, Breloom and Infernape, and works well with Thunder Wave obviously, allows me to recover better as well. Looking for suggestions on a better spread
Curses, now I can't just Sucker Punch this one away. >=/
Anyways, very nice. I'd add in a few EVs from Def into Special Attack so your attacks have a bit more punch.

The only glaring weak I can probably see is SD Lucario with Crunch, I also have an incredibly difficult time dealing with Roosting Zapdos.

Edits in bold
Very nice team; I can't really help you on your Zapdos/Lucario weakness...

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
I would've chuckled if I hadn't seen said Porygon2's battle record. o_O
I guess he is rather good.

He is very good, counters Salamence, Heatran, Gyarados, Zapdos and Vaporeon

I'd go with HP Dragon, because you can simply roar away most Gyarados (Except for the odd one carrying Thunder Fang) and Kingdra can Yawn or pull off a Rain Dance on the Roar, then come back in and nail with HP Grass or electric. Everything else seems nice.

I'm testing HP Dragon, as by losing HP Electric then I lose my back up Gyarados counter, as Pory2 has a lot on it's plate to handle and sometimes succumbs to one of them.
Very nice; go with Night Slash, as Mr. Oven Rotom will enjoy cooking up Scizor otherwise.

Already has Night Slash

Only 80 Atk EVs? At least make him Adamant natured; as Tyranitar can have the defenses neccesary to survive an attack.
If you don't mind the occasional miss-hax, opt for Cross-Chop instead of Brick Break. (As your Machamp can heal himself and still be a threat) Also, replace Ice Punch with Thunder Punch, as Gyarados can wall this set completely and get a free DDance while you switch. Thunder Punch also hits Bulkier Waters, but still hurts Salamence. Besides, I'm assuming you're using STAB'd Fighting move of choice to nail Weavile and TTar. =3

I have plenty of Gyarados coverage already so I don't need T-Punch, Ice Punch lets me hit incoming Zapdos, Gliscor and Salamence for what its worth. Brick Break was chosen solely for breaking Light Screen and Reflect.

I also do not need that much attack quite frankly as Guts gives me a healthy stat once asleep. The bulkiness is needed to take on Tyranitar and Weavile since they are big threats to the team.

Anyways, very nice. I'd add in a few EVs from Def into Special Attack so your attacks have a bit more punch.

Again its meant to wall not sweep, besides I can't afford it as it is anymore as I have chosen to put EVS to outspeed Lucario.

noulis

i don't really have something to say the team is very good.
Can you tell me where you found this pokemon artwork? I like them very much

Unless there is something you need those 8 extra EVs for KO'ing, I suggest putting them in defense for Machamp for 72 Atk / 176 Def. I haven't checked yet though, so for all I know there may be (I do realize that you get an extra point either way albeit only when you're statused the way it is now).

Crunch on Lax seems a good idea, but note that this puts even more pressure on Porygon-2. Maybe Hariyama > Machamp could help with that? Or Crunch > Fire Punch (although I'm not sure if you'll want to do that because Punch is useful)? Just some suggestions.

Hope I've helped with my rather weak and small rate :/. Good team.

Last edited:

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
i don't really have something to say the team is very good.
Can you tell me where you found this pokemon artwork? I like them very much

I edited and colored them from black and white sometimes incomplete scans, except the Rotom which i just googled a picture of a fan and edited it that way.

Unless there is something you need those 8 extra EVs for KO'ing, I suggest putting them in defense for Machamp for 72 Atk / 176 Def. I haven't checked yet though, so for all I know there may be (I do realize that you get an extra point either way albeit only when you're statused the way it is now).

The 8 Spd EVs are basically only for Blissey as I want to get in a Rest if if tries to Seismic Toss

Crunch on Lax seems a good idea, but note that this puts even more pressure on Porygon-2.

How so?

Maybe Hariyama > Machamp could help with that?

Well the only thing Hariyama offers is Force Palm and Thick Fat, I really don't have much need for Thick Fat and Machamp can use Guts better

Or Crunch > Fire Punch (although I'm not sure if you'll want to do that because Punch is useful)?

Basically for Magnet Rise Magnezone as I did lose to them in the past when running EQ + Crunch, it also does more to Yanmega and Regice, and hits Forry, Lucario, Breloom and Scizor switch ins (who always tend to SD on it)

Hope I've helped with my rather weak and small rate :/. Good team.

Very much appreciated regardless Salavoir.

Last edited:
For Machamp, I meant taking 8 EVs out of Atk, not Spd.

With Crunch on Lax > EQ, you will either have to risk activating Flash Fire, bluff, or use Vaporeon. Vaporeon is busy with Kingdra and has no Recovery move. So, I would assume you would use Porygon-2 to help against Heatran. Naturally, this means a little extra pressure on Porygon-2 because it has one more threat to deal with which a mispredict may hurt (on Scarf or Specs Heatrans, that is).

This is especially so since Heatran can and has been used on teams which have one of the pokes P-2 is already taking care of. This isn't as bad as I made it seem though because P-2 can heal off the damage. The pressure on P-2 is situational seeing how it is only harmful if the opposing team has one of P-2's threats along with Heatran, if you mispredict on Scarf and Specs variants, and if after mispredicting, you have enough unrecovered damage from an earlier threat for them to KO or force you out and KO later.

Hence I thought Hariyama>Machamp to help with Heatran and ease a little pressure off of P-2. Crunch>EQ on Snorlax puts a little extra pressure on P-2, but it is fairly situational seeing how you would need a lot of unrecovered damage to be threatened by non-Specs or LO sets (Metal Sound sets will be a little more trouble too without EQ but no matter what will require some fancy switching). Like I said before, a rather weak rate :/.

Kingdrom

Turn Away Again
I'd consider using Specs Empoleon over Vaporeon, as it does nearly the same thing but provides a better answer to Kingdra. Specs Grass Knot can be used to take down other bulky waters (Swampert too) instead of HP Electric. Of course, it won't be a reliable Heatran counter then, but Specs Vaporeon without Wish isn't too reliable to begin with. The extra steel resist helps for switching into Specsmence, which isn't too common anymore, but is still something to watch out for since you don't pack Heatran.

Skymin, easily the most common pokemon in OU, gives you trouble with Sub/Earth Power/Air Slash/Seed Flare. Scizor isn't going to cut it since he doesn't have recovery. It would have been okay if you had Stealth Rocks somewhere on your team, but you don't. Empoleon can use SR if needed, and if Machamp were changed to Hariyama, (who isn't really subpar compared to Machamp in terms of defensive stats) then you could still have a phazer. But you don't seem too keen on that idea. I think Empoleon still has Roar, but Yawn works too since you get a free switch anyways.

Zapdos is your best bet for a more reliable Shaymin counter. Either that or Scarf Moltres, which really does need SR support. The next best option you would have is Shuca Berry Metagross (Double Punch version), which doesn't give a crap about Seed Flare or Air Slash and can survive a Specs Earth Power if necessary. It would also be able to take down Gyarados, DDMence, and Tyranitar in a pinch. This would be a replacement for Scizor.

Other than the aforementioned lack of SR, seems like a well constructed team.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Vaporeon has never been used to come in or counter Heatran though Kingdrom, Pory and Lax can both take it, so that isn't my concern. What is though, is that with Empoleon i will be slightly more Infernape weak and gives me more difficulty dealing with Swampert as it cannot come in on an EQ.

Basically I have trouble with only two things, which are both far too powerful for OU in my opinion, Skymin and Kingdra, I lose on account of them a lot as well. I guess all I can do is wait till one or both go to Ubers.

In the mean time, went with Choice Scarf Trick Oven Rotom awhich has been working perfectly for me. Payback > Ice Punch on Machamp to get easy kills on status Rotoms. And stuck with HP Electric on Vaporeon, as it really is more helpful, and I really hate wasting a moveslot for only 1 poke anyway, who is obviously far too broken anyway.

Last edited: