1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Cookieshipping General Discussion

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by Faerie, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faerie

Faerie MONS

I've been thinking about making this thread for a while, but I haven't gotten around to it until now. I've only seen two Cookieshippers on SPP (taitofan and me), but there might be more. COOKIESHIPPERS UNITE!

Cookieshipping is Haruka x Haarii, or May x Harley, for those of you who don't know (and there are probably a lot of you). I'm sure it's been brought up here on Serebiiforums several times, but it's not very popular and I'm trying to spread the word about it. Plus I've always wanted to make a thread like this one. xD

Yay, discussion time...Once I specify a couple rules.

+ Discuss the topic (Cookieshipping) here and all topics realated to it.
    + No ship/character bashing plz.
    + Don't flame either. Flamefests = evil.
    + Don't spam. I don't want this thread infested with random off-topic stuff.
    + OBEY THE ABOVE RULES. xP

2. taitofan

taitofan Stalker!

Zomg. I love cookieshipping. <3

Well, one-sided cookieshipping. Haruka has the hots for Harley I tell ya! She blushes when she sees him in Yamabuki after all. It's adorable. ^.^ I can totally see her being all "Harley-san, I love you!" and Harley going, "...I hate you, go away." X3 I wrote a fic like that actually... I need to finish it. ^^;

I very rarely like one-sided ships, but this one talks the cake and the utensils. Yessums.

...Cookieshipping AMV! Made by yours truly last year. Not the greatest (it was my first AMV ever), but I still have a soft spot for it. ^.^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJP50M2YMxQ

3. Faerie

Faerie MONS

Yay! Hello taitofan. Good to see you here. I didn't expect this thread to be replied to so soon. O__o;

:33 Ooh, the fic sounds awesome. Is it online? I love reading fanfics like that. I'm considering writing one myself...I like romance. *hackcoughLALcough*

Yeah, I see that too. One-sided Cookieshipping, as I said in the Favorite Shipping thread, is much more plausible than two-sided (see the full post here), but I love two-sided just as much. I can't resist two-sided things. ANGST. T__T

Oh yes, almost forgot! THANK YOU times infinity for putting up those episodes on YouTube! They were so cool.

4. taitofan

taitofan Stalker!

*waves* Us cookieshippers gotta stick together, no? ^.~

*digs out that fic* Hmmm... I got thirteen pages down then it died. XP No, it isn't up anywhere, but I'll see what I can do about finishing it up. If not, I can just stick it somewhere unfinished. ^^; I'm on summer break though, so I should be able to get it done...

I can only see it being two-sided if Haruka gets a sex change I'm afraid. If I didn't think Harley was 100% into guys, I'd be all over the ship in a requited sense. I'm a sucker for love/hate relationships. ^^;

And~ You're welcome. I had them, so why not share the wealth? =3

5. NoDot

NoDot Gone

This will never become canon, but I won't complain (probably) if it ever does. I wish you all luck.

6. taitofan

taitofan Stalker!

Of course it won't be canon, nor do I want it to be. Harley is gay. X3 Haruka's blush is suspicious though... Eh, I'm a luckyshipper when it comes to Haruka truthfully. But I can't stay "faithful" to any one ship, so cookieshipping stays cute in my book. <3

Anyways... I have mucho Japanese cookieshipping art saved that I'll see about gathering up and sharing tomorrow. It's quite the popular ship over there...

7. Faerie

Faerie MONS

Well of course it won't. xD I don't support it because I think it'll become canon. I support it because I like it. Actually I only support, like, one canon ship out of all the ones I support (and that's counting non-Pokemon ships). >D

Yeah, I've found a bunch of websites with fanart. Number one best place to find fanart websites: The infamous Pokemon Search.

http://yukihikoazuma.fc2web.com/homepage/top.html <-

8. Steffrox

Steffrox de cold & de sorrow

i like cookieshipping cos for some odd reason i can't resist HArley, and i prefer him to drew cos drew's outfit always makes me cringe, lol not that harleys is much better but you know.

I don't think that it will ever happen but i think its cute, i alwasy like a good cookieshipping screenshot to look at.

9. Faerie

Faerie MONS

Hooray, more supporters. :3 Soon we'll have a nice population here. Three is good company.

I think it's time for a topic here. We need something to talk about! xP

In the anime, what do you consider to be 'hints'?

Mostly I look for hints in dialouge; they tend to be more reliable. I was told there was a lot of blushing in the Grand Festival, but I missed those episodes. *sob* Maybe I'll watch it online or something.

10. taitofan

taitofan Stalker!

Most of the GF blushing had to do with Harley teasing Haruka about Shuu. Most of the cookieshipping hints were in Shuu's head. X3 Hints... Well, as I've said, Haruka blushing when she sees him in Yamabuki is suspicious, as is the fact that she fell for his sob stories three times. From Harley, there's that hand grabbing fetish he has, but that has the "girlfriends" vibe written all over it... Yeah, I don't think there's much from him.

Oh, and I forgot about those old icons/banners I made! *looks through them* Ah, cookieshipping~

[img139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/taitofan/Icons/sugar.gif[/img139]

[img139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/taitofan/Banners/haruhari.jpg[/img139]

11. Faerie

Faerie MONS

Awesome icon and banner. I'd make a banner myself, but my PSP is on my other computer and I'm to lazy to go over and make one there, then put it on a disc and transfer it to this one. xP

Right. Why do I always get Yamabuki and the GF confused?

12. Alopec

Alopec Still Dreaming...

I don't know why, but I lately I've been finding this ship pretty cute - er, the one-sidedness, anyway. It's a little weird picturing it going both ways. ._.;

Actually, I'll admit that at one time I hated the idea of Haruka/Harley, but then I had a really interesting dream... and let's just say ever since then I liked the idea more and more. xD

I'm also intrigued by that blush in the Yamabuki contest... though I haven't actually seen it yet, just the pictures.

I love the banner and the icon, taitofan! They're too cute.

13. intergalactic platypus

intergalactic platypus Only rescues maidens

The irony of this ship is amazing. The idea of Harley's mortal enemy having a thing for him is just hilarious. I love obscure ships, so why not?

14. Wind Waker

Wind Waker Now that's Effulgent

What's betetr to shake up contestshiping than cookieshipping? Well this sin't such a bad ship and the storylines are endless (especially the drew vs harley for may tug-o-war during contests) imagine that! Well i imagined it which means i must like this shipping, so i'm here.

15. HarleyScarow

HarleyScarow Emerald Shinigami

I made a shipping fiction on May and Drew, and it's kind of gross because Harley rapes the poor lady. But that's the way that things go and I have to say that writing lets me unleash my love for Pokémon Contests!

16. Faerie

Faerie MONS

Ack. It's been such a long time since anyone posted here. C'mon, this thread can't die already! I know it hasn't been a month yet. But still. *shifty eyes*

Observing the topic, I've noticed there are a lot more Cookieshippers than I thought. Cool.
    I know. IMO, it's supposed to be weird. That's why I like it. xD

Oo-kay, new topic:

Do you support any other shippings with these characters?

Me? Totally. I'm not so brittle about ships that I don't support any with the characters in one I already support. The characters aren't even real anyway so it doesn't matter all that much to me. *shrugs* Besides, it's interesting to come up with love triangles and...er...Quadrangles? O__o; Okay, quadrilaterals. But quadrangles sounds cool.

I used to be a rabid Hoennshipper and I randomly pulled Firebirdshipping out of a hat a couple days ago. (What? It's cool.) But I don't support any other ships with Haarii in them. Just because I can't think of any good ones.

*waits for more people to post*

17. taitofan

taitofan Stalker!

Do you support any other shippings with these characters?
    Most certainly. I'm a Tensionshipper (HarleyxShuu) and Luckyshipper (RobertxHaruka) first and formost. I even have a theory that Harley and Robert dated when they were younger before they broke up for their younger lovers. Plus, I support, like, countless other Harley and Haruka ships. For example, I like Haruka with Robert, Shuu, Wakana, Masato, Kanata, Toshiki... And as for Harley, there's Shuu, Robert, Masato, Senri, Kojirou, Takeshi, Hiisu, all of his pokemon... X3 As you can see, I could never stick to one couple.

A love square I really dig: Haruka loves Harley, who loves Shuu, who loves Robert, who loves Haruka. Cause I'm just that evil. >3

Heh, and if someone thought Cookieshipping wasn't weird, I'd question their sanity. =P

18. Faerie

Faerie MONS

Um...Remind me who Robert is again? I'm blanking. Or I never knew who he was in the first place.

I've heard about Tensionshipping but I can't really see it. Maybe one-sided would work, but not both ways. I don't know why, I guess it's just not that interesting to me. I used to be a Contestshipper actually, but that just lasted a couple days until I got bored with it. xP
    Absolutley.

19. Riley Eerie

Riley Eerie Guest

CookieShipping is cute, but surely could be a one-sided. I don't think Harley would pay this kind of attention to May, I think his feelings for her are more, huh, hateful. But someone said, too much time ago, the love and the hate are resembling, but opposite. Maybe Harley could simply have an unsolved love for May. Maybe...

Riley: Aline, it is weird, I think Harley would like more himself than May, poor girl, if she likes him.
    Aline: Or meybe he likes who look like him. ^^
    Riley: *Blushing* Oh, no, you know I only love one man! It's a shame it's one-sided...
    Aline: Because you are a fan character, Ms. Mary Sue. ¬¬ And I was talking about your (pseudo-)brother Will.
    Riley: Oh, yeah, Will! He can pair with any bishie, I don't care. And I think they would be a cute pairing.
    Aline: Not more than Harley and May. <3

And it would be WRONG if it get double-sided. C'mon, Harley looks like he's sorta like, hm, 17, 18. And May is, supposedly, just 10. ^^ I like this. I support almost any couple. And I support other than these, like ContestShipping, or James x Harley x Mandy (don't ask why, and don't ask who would be the seme, it's obvious it's our darling Harley).

20. Faerie

Faerie MONS

Heh. That's really a view that varies between cultures. In Japan, people aren't as strict about age differences in romantic relationships as some other countries. And Pokemon was made in Japan so naturally their culture (or at least opinions on what's politically correct/incorrect) would be reflected in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.