• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cooking up a Great Story! (492)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Cooking up a Great Story!

On their travels, Ash & Co. meet a trainer running a restaurant. This trainer wishes to borrow Ash's Pikachu as her own Pikachu that helps out has gone missing, just before a competition. Ash reluctantly agrees. However, Team Rocket want to get their hands on both Pikachu. Will Ash be able to protect them?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Last edited by a moderator:

PANCAKE

I can't smile :|
Seen the pics.

Looks like male and female pokemon wont have the differences. Sugar looked like any ol' regular Pikachu. The electric rats of Dawn and Ash also battled. Typical lightning rod trick was used by Pika to absorb Pachy's electric attack. Yippy skippy.

Jonah

herd u liek mudkips?
I saw an egg o_O

Pikachu's gender revealed?

Or a new D/P berry? (I don't know anything about D/P Berries)

I don't think Sugar appeared as a Pikachu at all. She only appeared as a Raichu at the end.o;.;o

But what was with the placing of Pikachu's tail? Very awkward position between Pika's ears...

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
If I learned anything from this episode, it's don't **** with old ladies. And her granddaughter has got to be one of the most anorexic characters ever. Also got to hear the Movie 8 castle town theme. Wonder when they'll start playing Movie 9 music? And this was Raichu's first appearance in...what? 7 years?

Otherwise, I almost fell asleep watching this thing. Most boring episode of DP thus far, and probably the most boring since "Aipom and Circumstance". Good thing they pegged KinoSHITa to animate this. Off to watch the Roserade episode now, so here's hoping it improves.

And this was Raichu's first appearance in...what? 7 years?
Last time I remember Raichu making an important appearance(re: with a character of the day) would be Stage Fight, so 7 years would be the approximate amount.:eek:

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
From what I've heard, Pikachu was trying to pretend to be Sugar or something...to fool the old lady? 0.o

Err...I dunno, but I do remember how boring Pikachu-based episodes tend to be. Oh well, one bump in the road of an otherwise decent seasons.

Jonah

herd u liek mudkips?
Star.AVIA! is pwnt by a TR mecha! Whee! More brain damage!

Doesn't sound too great, although I still don't understand what an egg was doing there. Is it Sugar's?

DaMike52

Banned
Ash Vs. Pikachu, what has this world come to.

uber gon

Accept Change
Raichu was in the Pokemon Chronicles' Legend of Thunder too.

Yeah, but this one actually BATTLED.

Anyway, anyone notice the filler girl actually had CLEAVAGE, more or less.

Last edited:

Haruki

I'm a newbie :o
By seeing the episode itself, I am really impressed. There was a lot of drama in this one, and I don't think it was boring!

That filler girl (poor thing, everybody hates her only because she's oh-so-thin) asked Ash for his Pikachu, because her grandma's had gone away. Ash agreed, since she said grandma was sad and stuff.
As soon as they were arriving on the place, where girl & grandma run a restaurant (even though I only saw cakes), filler gurl teaches Pikachu that Sugar (her grandma's Pika) used to do that thing with tail + head.
So everything happens. Grandma was fooled to think Ash's Pikachu was her Sugar, and, consequently, confronts Ash to a battle. Here we get the title of the episode. When Aipom was about to punch Pikachu, grandma stops the thing to protect Pikachu.
Later that day, Ash realises they're not correct in doing what they are, so he decides to tell grandma the truth. But... wait! Grandma already knew Pikachu was not her Sugar, 'cause, apparently, Sugar didn't use to slightly burn the berries when it used to pick them for her.
They are interrupted by Team Rocket, wich steel Ash's Pikachu. Then, all of them go to rescue it, and end up failing - just when grandma gets all emotional and her Sugar appears -- as a Raichu! Yeah, it did evolve. Raichu manages to save Pika and blast TR off.
On the other day, Ash & co eat the cake made with the berries the actual Sugar picked, and they love it. Dawn mentions the Sonoo contest, and then we get some other cute Raichu scenes and... end. =)

IMO, the scenes with the old lady were SO cute, as were Pikachu and Raichu. And, BTW, I don't think the animation was all that bad. The episode had nice battles, and I'm glad most of the gang pokés appeared. Hope episodes like this are to come.

[IMG139]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9259/bscap0016ve4.jpg[/IMG139]

:)

- Haruki.

Last edited:

Mythic Mist

Indecent Exposure
Yeah. This episode was cute. I don't care that it had crappy animation. It was just...cute. >_>

Oh, so that's what it was! I thought it was like Bulba on his hind legs for no reason.:p Thanks for filling us in, Haruki!

Though Pikachu's tail was still REALLY thin. Like RB Pikachu sprites, you know?

Mythic Mist

Indecent Exposure
Team Rocket's Motto was pretty cool this ep. :O